Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #31
Disney/Universal Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allieran3 View Post
They are staying at PoP and last night they were screaming behind building 3 @ 1:00am.
I was wondering how you know thery were from the Pop Warner group. Couldn't it just been a couple of families from, let's say, Ohio or somewhere else? I actually let it get me worked up when people complain about the Pop Warner Groups, Brazillian Tour Groups, etc. doing things like pushing, shoving, cutting in line, being rude, etc. when that happens every day of the year by guests from everywhere. And not only at Disney World.
I am not in any way affiliated with Pop Warner, or any other group that visits Disney World, other than my family, and I have been there many times when Pop Warner, the Brazillian Groups, and many other groups are there. The only people who complain are those that are looking for something to complain about, and then, no matter what happens and who it is, they say they are from Pop Warner, etc. just because it is that time of year.
Disney/Universal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #32
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney/Universal Fan View Post
I was wondering how you know thery were from the Pop Warner group. Couldn't it just been a couple of families from, let's say, Ohio or somewhere else? I actually let it get me worked up when people complain about the Pop Warner Groups, Brazillian Tour Groups, etc. doing things like pushing, shoving, cutting in line, being rude, etc. when that happens every day of the year by guests from everywhere. And not only at Disney World.
I am not in any way affiliated with Pop Warner, or any other group that visits Disney World, other than my family, and I have been there many times when Pop Warner, the Brazillian Groups, and many other groups are there. The only people who complain are those that are looking for something to complain about, and then, no matter what happens and who it is, they say they are from Pop Warner, etc. just because it is that time of year.
Excuse me, the time I was with them at POFQ, I know for a fact they were Pop Warner. The parents were a bunch of loud drunks talking/arguing about the competition. The girls taking over the food court every morning and pushing people out of their way were talking about it. The girl who threw straws across the floor and then smirked at the CM as she flounced off, made the loud comment that her dad told her that with the money WDW got from them and Pop Warner that they'd better treat her like a Princess. (one of the other girls had gotten onto her about pushing a little boy away from the soda machines and the mess she was making, so she just picked up a hand full of straws and threw them on the floor right in front of a CM that was working there and made the comment at him as she flounced off.) I wasn't looking for something to complain about. They made our trip absolutely miserable. Maybe we just had an extra bad group that year, but it was like they were feeding off each other trying to see who could be the worst. Even the CMs said that although they are always bad, this particular group was "really bad". Between their banging on doors at all hours, cheering in the courtyards at all hours, taking over the food court, lounge, pool, and hot tub, other guests were miserable. We went to the hot tub late one night and were informed by a bunch of drunk parents, (who were drinking in the hot tub), that they were having their own private party and we had better leave. Because of their rough play in the pool and the life guards inability to control it, no one else could use the pool. They'd spread out all over the food court, with just a couple at each table, then yell across to each other, just to take over the food court, then they'd leave their trash every where. Getting on the buses at night, they'd come running up and push ahead of everyone with their parents laughing and encouraging them. The bus drivers did nothing.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-02-2012 at 08:12 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #33
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney/Universal Fan View Post
Couldn't it just been a couple of families from, let's say, Ohio
No.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #34
Disney/Universal Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
No.
Sorry I chose Ohio as an example. I was born and raised in Columbus and it was the first state that came to mind. I didn't figure I could offend anyone from there! lol Sometimes I let my emotions get to me when people come on this post and start complaining about certain groups, such as Pop Warner and the Brazillian Groups. Like I said, I have been there when the above-mentioned groups have been there and I absolutley see some of the same things, even worse, going on from others. I really think that some poeple go to Disney seeking out things that they can come back and complain about on these boards.
Disney/Universal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #35
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

I was just kidding with you, haha!

I enjoy the enthusiasm that groups bring to the parks. I would not enjoy it in a hotel setting, however. I don't stay at any of the places groups stay at, so I've never experienced that.
Senator Tressel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: