Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

Yey for Choice Hotels!!

So, I am hoping to take a very budget trip to WDW in January. I already made my park n fly reservation - and I am always looking to save a couple bucks here and there. I made my reservation with Choice Hotels online and when I was searching the other day, I found a cheaper rate somewhere else. I submitted a claim, but they denied it because it wasn't w/in 24 hrs of booking. Okay, so I'll cancel the one I have and make a new one and then resubmit it.

The difference was only $19, but for me, a penny saved is a penny that can be spent elsewhere. So, I heard back from Choice Hotels on my claim, and my night WILL BE FREEE!!!! Can you believe it?!?! Normally, they give you the 1st night free, then the other nights at the discounted rate, but since I was only staying one night, that is free!! WHOO HOO!! So, free parking, free airline tickets (SW Visa promotion)...now I'm just waiting on FD and I'll be all set!!

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!! It sure is wonderful when we get such good discounts.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

That is just great. I love a good deal and there is nothing better than free.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post
So, I am hoping to take a very budget trip to WDW in January. I already made my park n fly reservation - and I am always looking to save a couple bucks here and there. I made my reservation with Choice Hotels online and when I was searching the other day, I found a cheaper rate somewhere else. I submitted a claim, but they denied it because it wasn't w/in 24 hrs of booking. Okay, so I'll cancel the one I have and make a new one and then resubmit it.

The difference was only $19, but for me, a penny saved is a penny that can be spent elsewhere. So, I heard back from Choice Hotels on my claim, and my night WILL BE FREEE!!!! Can you believe it?!?! Normally, they give you the 1st night free, then the other nights at the discounted rate, but since I was only staying one night, that is free!! WHOO HOO!! So, free parking, free airline tickets (SW Visa promotion)...now I'm just waiting on FD and I'll be all set!!
That's really "above and beyond" when it comes to customer service. Glad it worked out for you! It sounds like you've got a nice budget vacation coming together.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: