Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

Ebay ? - different shipping address than PP

So, I have this package all set up to mail tomorrow morning, with the address that was listed on paypal. I just got this e-mail from the buyer:

Hi, I purchased a XX on eBay from you, but the Louisiana shipping address is actually my billing address. The shipping address Missouri. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks,

I already sent her an e-mail, telling her I would see about voiding the current shipping label that is on the package. But now that I think about it - is it safe for me to do that if it is a different addy than on the PP? If I void out the current label, will I get my money back? I'm just more annoyed than anything...there are many times I ship same day, so surprisingly I still have the package.

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post
So, I have this package all set up to mail tomorrow morning, with the address that was listed on paypal. I just got this e-mail from the buyer:

Hi, I purchased a XX on eBay from you, but the Louisiana shipping address is actually my billing address. The shipping address Missouri. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks,

I already sent her an e-mail, telling her I would see about voiding the current shipping label that is on the package. But now that I think about it - is it safe for me to do that if it is a different addy than on the PP? If I void out the current label, will I get my money back? I'm just more annoyed than anything...there are many times I ship same day, so surprisingly I still have the package.
Don't ship to an address other than the confirmed shipping address on PayPal. Let her know that it can't be sent anywhere else and that if she wants to confirm her shipping address with PayPal (Missouri), she can do so easily and re-send the money. PayPal only protects you if it is sent to the confirmed shiping address. I have no idea if you will get your money back (but you might be able to change the address on the label itself once she gets her Missouri address confirmed).
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Big red flag on that. I fell into this trap once..PayPal/Ebay protections will not cover you if you ship to a different address. I will NOT ship to an address other than the PayPal one and state as much in my listings. I'd say you are only allowed to ship to that address and if she wants a different one she must change it in PayPal first.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks,

You can void the label within 48 hours, but it takes like 3 weeks for the refund to go through (they want to make sure you don't use it).

But don't ship to any other address. You lose seller protection. Refund the money and tell them to resend it with the correct address as the shipping address. It's the only way to protect yourself.
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

Thank you - I sent her another e-mail stating that. I had a feeling that wouldn't be a good idea....

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999

DL/DCA
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellone View Post
You can void the label within 48 hours, but it takes like 3 weeks for the refund to go through (they want to make sure you don't use it).

But don't ship to any other address. You lose seller protection. Refund the money and tell them to resend it with the correct address as the shipping address. It's the only way to protect yourself.
So I voided the label. Will I see the change of address once she makes it on her PP account or does she have to resend the money? If I refund the money and then get it resent, am I then double paying the PP fees?

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999

DL/DCA
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Old 09-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
ellone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I voided the label. Will I see the change of address once she makes it on her PP account or does she have to resend the money? If I refund the money and then get it resent, am I then double paying the PP fees?
She has to resend the money for you to see any change of address.

When you refund paypal, you get the 2.9% fees back, but you lose the .30 transaction fee.
ellone is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: