Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
ambr1377
Earning My Ears

Socal discount tickets

My family went to Disneyland back in March. I found 3 day hopper tickets online for $144 a person. We want to go in January this time, but I can't find those prices. Will these tickets come back before our trip???
ambr1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambr1377 View Post
My family went to Disneyland back in March. I found 3 day hopper tickets online for $144 a person. We want to go in January this time, but I can't find those prices. Will these tickets come back before our trip???
I doubt it, but you never know. Disney increased prices earlier this year and there is a rumor they may increase again this winter. There have been no major discounts on tickets or hotels since Carsland opened. Unless attendance decreases significantly between now and January (very unlikely), Disney has little incentive to offer any kind of ticket discount. Sorry!

I would definitely pay attention to these boards as Disney only gives a few days notice before they increase ticket prices. Good luck!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
ambr1377
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I will definitely watch this forum. Wish I was in the military. 3 day hopper $95!! I thought about asking someone in the military to buy them for me, but I figured we would probably get I.D. checked and not have a military I.D. to show. That would be a bad trip.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

the gay day prices arent to bad but only in oct
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Jazzheffa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambr1377
Thanks for the info. I will definitely watch this forum. Wish I was in the military. 3 day hopper $95!! I thought about asking someone in the military to buy them for me, but I figured we would probably get I.D. checked and not have a military I.D. to show. That would be a bad trip.
The 3 day special is for military only and ID must be presented. The other passes discounted tickets the military person does not need to be present.

I wish I had that Disney feeling at work.
Jazzheffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
KelliLee702
I feel the LOVE and it warms my soul

Quote:
Wish I was in the military. 3 day hopper $95!! I thought about asking someone in the military to buy them for me, but I figured we would probably get I.D. checked and not have a military I.D. to show. That would be a bad trip.
Please respect those who serve. If people abuse these tickets Disney may no longer offer them to us.

Thank you, A Navy Spouse
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
Steamboat Philly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliLee702 View Post
Please respect those who serve. If people abuse these tickets Disney may no longer offer them to us.

Thank you, A Navy Spouse
I agree. That is a different level of abuse
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
ambr1377
Earning My Ears

I wasn't trying to "abuse" anything. We can't afford to spend $1000 on tickets alone to take our 3 kids. Last year we spent that much total, hotel, food and all. It just isn't fair to charge sooo much. You know Disney is making billions already. Also, if you read my post, I already knew I couldn't get those tickets. I do respect our military, and also do have family in the army. Just lookin for a break, my kids really want to go.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
Geemo
DIS Veteran

I wish we could take advantage of the SoCal discounts. Our 970XX zip code isn't anywhere close.

I know what you mean about the cost of a Disney trip this year. Last year I took two of my grandkids ages 17 and 14. The three of us stayed at the GC for a week and had a BLAST!

This year our three-some has grown to six. My DIL and other two grandkids ages 8 and 10 are joining us. 5 day hopper passes are a real hit to my budget this year. At least air fare for the six of us was affordable. Thank you Alaska Air Miles!

This will be our first time staying off-site. I can't afford Disney accommodations for six people.

All-in-all it's important to me to spend time with my kids and grandkids "While they want to spend time with me". So I pinch pennies all the time to be able to afford a Disney trip.

Geemo
Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemo View Post
I wish we could take advantage of the SoCal discounts. Our 970XX zip code isn't anywhere close.

I know what you mean about the cost of a Disney trip this year. Last year I took two of my grandkids ages 17 and 14. The three of us stayed at the GC for a week and had a BLAST!

This year our three-some has grown to six. My DIL and other two grandkids ages 8 and 10 are joining us. 5 day hopper passes are a real hit to my budget this year. At least air fare for the six of us was affordable. Thank you Alaska Air Miles!

This will be our first time staying off-site. I can't afford Disney accommodations for six people.

All-in-all it's important to me to spend time with my kids and grandkids "While they want to spend time with me". So I pinch pennies all the time to be able to afford a Disney trip.

Geemo
I know...doesn't it seem unfair that Northern Cal can't get the discount? I mean, they even offer it to residents of Baja California, which isn't even America. They should just offer it to all Californians.....not like I would be able to take advantage, as I am a Texan, but I did grow up in San Francisco.
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambr1377
It just isn't fair to charge sooo much. You know Disney is making billions already. Also, if you read my post, I already knew I couldn't get those tickets. I do respect our military, and also do have family in the army. Just lookin for a break, my kids really want to go.
It's not fun to pay that much, but it's certainly "fair" in that Disney can charge whatever they want. We must save up for the things that we desire and Disney is no exception. Nobody is entitled to a Disney vacation. It's a luxury good.

I also take personal offense, as another spouse of someone in the military who has lost many friends over the years in battle, to someone saying that they wish they were in the military to get cheaper tickets. I know many people that no longer have husbands or fathers that would gladly pay an extra $100 in park admission instead.

And on that note, since you said that you do have family in the Army, they can buy you regular military tickets without having to travel with you, just not the military Salute tickets.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it's unlikely because Disney isn't hurting for attendance. However, you might consider getting the 4-day park hoppers at Costco for $259.99 but you get a $50 cash card. So, buy 4 of them and then for the 5th one, use the 4 $50 cards ($200) to get the last park hopper for $59.99.

It's a pretty good savings from the online price (where a 3-day hopper is $250)

So, $1099.95 for five 4-day park hoppers - averages to $219.99 per park hopper. OR, you might consider getting one of the tickets thrugh AAA, because doesn't AAA include parking?

One other thing to look out for is those convention tickets. Look for a convention occurring during the time that you're going to be there and see if you can get a special deal that way. (there were people doing this for Gay Days earlier this month)
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
It's not fun to pay that much, but it's certainly "fair" in that Disney can charge whatever they want. We must save up for the things that we desire and Disney is no exception. Nobody is entitled to a Disney vacation. It's a luxury good.
I agree 100%, couldn't have said it better.

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
haley's mom
DIS Veteran

Can someone please help me learn how to search if any conventions will offer discounts when I visit May 18-27 of 2013?
haley's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: