Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I didn't think we had collected that much. Because we did 3 parties I specifically made sure that trick or treat was not too high up on the priority list but then on our last party we were in Adventureland and this CM at a candy trail commented on our costumes and decided that the villain and the doggy had to be 'filled up' and told us to go back to the entrance of the trail and walk back through. When we got to him he had loaded about 5 bags and just gave them to us
What a great story! That was so nice of him.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful trip - the little things always make the nicest memories or the unexpected
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

What fantastic costumes - and all that candy..we came home with lots but nothing like that amount..workmates loved it.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

As others have said your costumes are fabulous.

Looking forward to looking at all your photos. I definitely need encouragement to take better firework photos

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
What a shame that BA weren't able to step up and restore your faith in them. You've got to wonder what strange forces were at work in conspiring to land you with Miss Misery Guts, despite your best efforts to avoid her!

I've been struggling to justify the cost of PhotoPass+ over and above the regular service. Your observations mean I don't need to consider it any further. I'm not sure how many ride photos we'd want anyway, but if I'd chosen to pay for the option and they ended up being out of action half the time, I'd be well unimpressed.

queendisney, did you tend to take advantage of EMH? It's surprising how often people report significant differences in their experiences of crowd levels when visiting at the same time. Invariably, that's the key factor.
Debs, I agree, Photopass Plus is not for everyone -in fact most of Disney's optional extras will work for some and not for others. We always do the pre purchase CD and feel it's good value for us; we always purchase ride photos and we do lots of rides. We always did character meals too, this being the first trip we didn't, but we still saved overall with the pre-purchase upgrade based on the fact that we buy at least 3 ride photos. Even using that as grounds for consideration, you still have to ask yourself if you WOULD have bought the photos. If not, then no matter how cheap the deal is, it's costing you money you wouldn't have spent which nullifies the saving entirely.

Your question about park touring methods and habits is also very valid and I fully agree that this is one of the biggest factors leading to two parties on the same trip having different experiences. We do the EMH for the most part. We arrive before 8 am for morning EMH, flatten the park as best we can and leave no later than noon, or earlier if crowds start to build, hopping to another park, preferably one that had evening EMH the night before. If we can't make it for 8 am, we don't do the EMH park that morning. Same goes for evening EMH: we arrive just before the official park closing and only do the magic hours there. It's not uncommon for us to be at 3 parks in a day, depending which ones they are. MK to Epcot is an easy transfer so those two work well together, as do DHS and Epcot. AK is the only spanner in the works so we tend to devote the better part of a day there but do fewer days at that park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
What a wonderful trip - the little things always make the nicest memories or the unexpected
Always! And we had so many special little things that made us smile - I keep remembering more of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

As others have said your costumes are fabulous.

Looking forward to looking at all your photos. I definitely need encouragement to take better firework photos
Thank you Reid
I must admit, I have always wanted to try the fireworks photos and this was a first attempt. I tried 3 times. Each time I did something technically wrong, corrected it on the next shoot and made another mistake so it was a huge learning curve. In one of my earlier posts on the first page of this thread I posted a link to some of my photos. I had trouble with uploading at WDW as the wifi was hit and miss at best. Don't expect anything too great - I'm very much a beginner but I absolutely relished the learning experience and honestly learnt more about my camera on this last trip than I have from books and manuals over the last two years. It was great. Even the mistakes I made were fab because I learnt something new for the next time

I can manage a photo trip report, Flickr/Photobucket willing much easier than a written one so that is me taking the easy way out

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
MrsBianca
Earning My Ears

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great trip and I loved your Halloween costumes, amazing!

So much for BA customer service. Like you we are flying Edinburgh - gatwick - mco. Was thinking we had done he right thing booking BA...... Can I just ask, when you did online check in was that for both flights? Did your luggage go straight through? Last one, did you have to go through security again at gatwick or can you just follow a flight transfers route still ( been a while), we don't have a great deal of time between flights.

Thanks. B x
MrsBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #22
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
I didn't think we had collected that much. Because we did 3 parties I specifically made sure that trick or treat was not too high up on the priority list but then on our last party we were in Adventureland and this CM at a candy trail commented on our costumes and decided that the villain and the doggy had to be 'filled up' and told us to go back to the entrance of the trail and walk back through. When we got to him he had loaded about 5 bags and just gave them to us
OMG!!!! did he give you some insulin to go with that????
that's a great story!!
but your costumes were truly spectacular and deserving of special attention!

as for BA....what is up with that??
they are making all this effort to entice people back to them with really great airfares and then they have that sort of customer service??????
they're shooting themselves in the foot (at the very least)..

i'd love to see all your pictures.. POFQ is one of the few resorts i've never stayed at...i'll have to put it on our list....but recently, we've switched to the values (since i book through disney US)....it comes out "cheapest" for us that way...(cheap being a very relative concept at disney)..

ok...so next halloween, you're going to have a little (or maybe not so little) stowaway in your luggage....(boy is your luggage going to be overweight!! )...
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #23
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
O.

i'd love to see all your pictures.. POFQ is one of the few resorts i've never stayed at...i'll have to put it on our list....but recently, we've switched to the values (since i book through disney US)....it comes out "cheapest" for us that way...(cheap being a very relative concept at disney)..

ok...so next halloween, you're going to have a little (or maybe not so little) stowaway in your luggage....(boy is your luggage going to be overweight!! )...
I think it's still cheaper if we prepay (and luggage is currently still cheaper than another seat )

I have a POFQ album on FB (if you just look in albums). Not sure if I've posted all the pics in there yet, but I'm uploading my pictures meantime to Flickr (which has been sooooooooo slooooooooooow!!) so that they are all there to be posted in my TR so no doubt you will be tired of seeing them by the time the Trip Report is up

Old 10-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #24
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
so no doubt you will be tired of seeing them by the time the Trip Report is up
Is it really possible to get bored looking at WDW pics ?

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:44 AM   #25
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
Is it really possible to get bored looking at WDW pics ?
Erm .... 4000 of them from one trip may be overkill
I will be selective

Old 10-01-2012, 05:03 AM   #26
chmurf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Erm .... 4000 of them from one trip may be overkill
I will be selective
I hear you... if I only had 4000 I probably would have come up with a TR by now

here's my february 2012 TR nightmare (not counting the 800+ photopass pics ...

feb-mar 2012 : POP
oct-nov 2012 : POP/CBR
oct-nov 2013 : AoA/POR
chmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #27
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I hear you... if I only had 4000 I probably would have come up with a TR by now

here's my february 2012 TR nightmare (not counting the 800+ photopass pics ...

I have learnt that the secret to managing the photos is to delete the ones you aren't going to use, or don't absolutely love. I delete as I go, but do a fair amount of further culling once I get home. It also helps to have them named and grouped - or at the very least - grouped. I have a WDW folder for each year, and then have a sub folder for each park, the resort/s, DTD and any party/ticketed events if applicable. I back up to the laptop on a daily basis while away and drag and drop into the applicable folder. It just makes life so much easier.

I used to have my back up folders saved per day, which I didn't bother with this year, hence the reason I am not doing a daily trip report. Besides, it just takes too darn long!

Old 10-01-2012, 06:19 AM   #28
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you so many highs Lee

I love your costumes, I'm not surprised you had so much attention

Sorry to hear BA were so naff

Are you going to treat us to a TR
Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #29
2Tiggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
Glad to hear you so many highs Lee

I love your costumes, I'm not surprised you had so much attention

Sorry to hear BA were so naff

Are you going to treat us to a TR
Thank you

I am going to do a TR but it will be more visual and less wordy as I didn't keep a daily journal this year so a day by day is not going to work. I am just going to do photos and the highs, lows and news of each of the four parks, the parties, resort and DTD and maybe a miscellaneous segment. Or that is the plan. It's a bit of a cheat's approach, but at least I know I can manage it that way

Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #30
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Thank you

I am going to do a TR but it will be more visual and less wordy as I didn't keep a daily journal this year so a day by day is not going to work. I am just going to do photos and the highs, lows and news of each of the four parks, the parties, resort and DTD and maybe a miscellaneous segment. Or that is the plan. It's a bit of a cheat's approach, but at least I know I can manage it that way
i love visual trip reports!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: