Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

Deal off of main page for 2013

There is a deal at the Disney site starting in January. Just package deals for value resorts. They don't seem that great of a deal to me. My hopes of free dining are dwindling away.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
1mama2three
Mouseketeer

I think that might just be an advertisement based on regular full-price of a value package. It doesn't appear to be a "special offer" discount, but I could be wrong.
Sept/Oct 2004...our honeymoon @ POP!, Disneyland off-site: July 2005, POP: Jan/Feb 2010, POP: Jan/Feb 2011, WBC/POP: May/June 2012WBC/CR GW: Jan. 2013, AKV/BLT: Jan. 2014, POR: July 2014, VGF/Old Key West: Nov/Dec 2014
1mama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Sugar Jones
DIS Veteran

I don't see any special offers for 2013 yet.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Me either...but I could of sworn I saw the end of commercial for WDW for something with 2013 dates. Caught my attention cause I havent seen a commercial in so long. It must have been this...
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
DisneyFEB2013
Mouseketeer

It's gone now. But it did exclude dates in mid-Feb and late March.
DisneyFEB2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's very possible that there is a new offer about to come out. I just spoke with a Disney Travel Castmember to ask if I had a pin code attached to my name. He put me on hold and came back after a semi-lengthy hold. He said that I didn't have a code attached to my name but did give me a quote with the "new promotion". It wasn't such a great deal and I wonder if he gave me a quote for a preferred room instead of standard at the CBR. The quote that he gave me would only save approximately $64.00.

I quoted myself as it was easier than going back and editing the post. I decided to call back to get clarification on the quote I was given. This castmember said that there were no "new promotions" other than what is on the site. When I insisted that I was given a quote for my travel dates, she got a little bit rude but then said "let me talk with guest services". She came back after a little while and said that the person should not have given me any quote because it would not have been accurate since the promotion was not yet in the system. She then put me back on hold and said that she would talk with Guest Services to get an exact date for me to call back. I held for quite a long time before she came back. She told me to call back on October 10th as soon as the phones opened for the day. I asked if it would cover my dates and she said yes. I sure hope that she was correct. (the phone call lasted 17 minutes and 13 seconds)

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-01-2012 at 07:08 PM.
mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
wdw71
DIS Veteran

So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's very possible that there is a new offer about to come out. I just spoke with a Disney Travel Castmember to ask if I had a pin code attached to my name. He put me on hold and came back after a semi-lengthy hold. He said that I didn't have a code attached to my name but did give me a quote with the "new promotion". It wasn't such a great deal and I wonder if he gave me a quote for a preferred room instead of standard at the CBR. The quote that he gave me would only save approximately $64.00.

I quoted myself as it was easier than going back and editing the post. I decided to call back to get clarification on the quote I was given. This castmember said that there were no "new promotions" other than what is on the site. When I insisted that I was given a quote for my travel dates, she got a little bit rude but then said "let me talk with guest services". She came back after a little while and said that the person should not have given me any quote because it would not have been accurate since the promotion was not yet in the system. She then put me back on hold and said that she would talk with Guest Services to get an exact date for me to call back. I held for quite a long time before she came back. She told me to call back on October 10th as soon as the phones opened for the day. I asked if it would cover my dates and she said yes. I sure hope that she was correct. (the phone call lasted 17 minutes and 13 seconds)
What are your dates?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mama2three View Post
I think that might just be an advertisement based on regular full-price of a value package. It doesn't appear to be a "special offer" discount, but I could be wrong.
That was my guess as well. I just saw it on the site and it was under Disney Vacation package and not special offers.
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw71 View Post
What are your dates?
May 22nd to June 1st, 2013 I asked two or three times if my dates would be covered and was told yes.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Why oh why is Disney so stinkin' cryptic with their discounts?? It's CRAZY! Random PINs (some of which people never even know they have if they don't call), different info from different CMs, promos that pop up and disappear within a day (happened a mth or so ago but not for '13) ... I think Disney is one very well oiled machine with the exception of their discounts. I think the person in charge of that either has a sick sense of humor or a drinking problem!
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #11
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
I think the person in charge of that either has a sick sense of humor or a drinking problem!
or both!! hahaha!!!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: