Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #106
natebenma
DIS Veteran

It has all been said, but what an amazing room. I agree with you- that shower/grotto is just out of this world!!!

Now you have me intrigued to see the resort at night.

Glad you could find something you wanted at the food court. I was blown away by menu pictures MEK posted in her TR. There are really some interesting options.

Putting refrigerators in the value rooms was a really nice addition.

I'm happy to see you decided to brave the rain and head to MK- that is usually our first stop, too. A great start!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #107
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Loved your update!

The LM rooms are adorable!! Glad you got your king bed request!

Aww...there is nothing better than walking down Main Street.

Sorry it was raining though...at least you were determined to make the best of things. (hope it cleared up quickly!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #108
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how adorable the whole resort and LM rooms are I love the inside of the shower and wish I could have that at my house.

I was surprised at all the different options at AOA food court. I was expecting it to be more like Pop. Since we are pretty boring eaters I think I would stick with the make your own pasta or something. I'm always afraid of trying something new and hating it. I do think if we had a long stay at AOA we would end up at Pop's food court half the time, I love that food court.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #109
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Am I still fashionably late?

I can't get over the lobby of AoA. Amazing!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #110
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMG look at that room *swoon* I'm in love!!!!!
Oh I was too! Love at first sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
It has all been said, but what an amazing room. I agree with you- that shower/grotto is just out of this world!!!

Now you have me intrigued to see the resort at night.
I had seen some pictures on the net before I left, but seeing it in person was awesome, and the shower was just too cute.
The resort at night was so pretty, Disney really thought of everything for every time of the day!

Quote:
Glad you could find something you wanted at the food court. I was blown away by menu pictures MEK posted in her TR. There are really some interesting options.
For a more adventurous eater, the place is really cool. For a scaredy cat/picky eater like myself and Johnny, it was fun to look at and there were still some really simple options. They did well imo!

Quote:
Putting refrigerators in the value rooms was a really nice addition.

I'm happy to see you decided to brave the rain and head to MK- that is usually our first stop, too. A great start!
I loved having a fridge, it was nice to wake up in the morning and have cold water or some small breakfast things like apples or such!
We are always much more willing to put up with things like rain at the beginning of our trip when we're dying to get to a park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Loved your update!

The LM rooms are adorable!! Glad you got your king bed request!

Aww...there is nothing better than walking down Main Street.

Sorry it was raining though...at least you were determined to make the best of things. (hope it cleared up quickly!)
When I first saw the room it didn't even register that we got our King bed, so when it sunk in I did a little happy dance!
Walking down Main St., as it turns out, is the perfect way to start a vacation! Even if it is in the rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I can't believe how adorable the whole resort and LM rooms are I love the inside of the shower and wish I could have that at my house.

I was surprised at all the different options at AOA food court. I was expecting it to be more like Pop. Since we are pretty boring eaters I think I would stick with the make your own pasta or something. I'm always afraid of trying something new and hating it. I do think if we had a long stay at AOA we would end up at Pop's food court half the time, I love that food court.
Omg I want that Little Mermaid shower at my house too! Johnny told me if I can paint it, we can do it when we renovate our basement!
We're pretty boring eaters too, but we knew there were enough options at AoA to keep us happy, we rarely eat at the resort anyway.
But I also love Pop's food court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Am I still fashionably late?

I can't get over the lobby of AoA. Amazing!!!
You're not late at all! I only just got to the first park
The lobby of AoA is the perfect way to start a Disney vacation. Big, bright, colourful and full of Disney characters!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #111
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hi again everyone! How's things?

It's a lovely blistery fall day here today. Leaves are turning bright colours and the wind today knocked most of them down. I've got the horses tucked inside and most of the barn doors closed for the first time since early spring! The cat is in the house and the dogs are content asleep on their beds. I love fall.

We left off last walking down a rainy Main St. Before we start, this whole evening I was armed with my little point and shoot camera and it was raining. That means? Blurry photos! YAY!

Sunday, September 16
"Just a Little Bit of Pixie Dust"

We made a plan this Magic Kingdom day. We planned to completely finish Tomorrowland. 1 - because we knew our time in MK might be limited and we wanted to make the most of this evening and 2 - because most Tomorrowland attractions are indoors, away from the rain!

We headed in that direction. Can you guess what our first stop was?

My man has a small bladder. Also he loves to drink liquids. It's not a great combination.

Whew! After the bio break, we headed to an old favourite:

Oh dear. That's blurry. Try again?

Oh. Never mind. Apparently it wasn't my night for photography!

It was a 25 minute wait but we didn't mind. It was so early in our trip that our good moods could not be diminished!

We were behind a mother and her very tiny daughter in the line. The little girl was so adorable, she kept us entertained. At one point she picked something up off the floor and gave it to her mom. I didn't think much of it, but the mother turned to us and said;

"Hey, would you guys like these? We won't use them!"

I looked and saw four fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

"They're almost up," she said "but you might get there in time!"

I looked closer, indeed we had only 20 minutes until the return time closed and we were only 3/4 of the way through the Buzz line. We thanked her very much and said we would try to make it!

We hopped on Buzz feeling a little buzz of excitement ourselves. Surprise fastpasses! Sweet! Some Disney pixie dust already!

We had a very fun ride with Johnny kicking my bottom, as usual.

My score:

Johnny's score:

We hopped off Buzz and looked at each other, making a split second decision. We had 10 minutes and an entire park to cross. We were going to give it a try! Fastpasses in hand, we got ready to make a break for it.

We walked out the door and stopped dead. Now there was something we didn't think about that could significantly slow us down --

The POURING RAIN!

Cont. in next post!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #112
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Without stopping to take a single picture, raindrops the size of golf balls falling on our heads, weaving around thousands of tourists stopping in their tracks to don their ponchos, and slipping around in soaking wet sandals, we rushed as fast as we could to Frontierland. We made it with two minutes to spare and jumped in the fastpass line before anyone could double check their watches!!

We had almost no wait at all and before we knew it we were in view of the trains!

Here comes our train! Wish it were a little more dry...

So this is where I decided that since I had only my little crappy camera, I would just take random shots while on the coaster and see what it got me. I didn't even delete the bad ones. I laughed my head off during the entire ride and these bad but silly pictures make me very happy remembering this.

Ready?

Here we go!!

(My favourite!)

WOOOHOO!

I can honestly say that despite the rain, it was the most fun we've ever had on BTMRR. We laughed ourselves silly!

So with the rain still coming down and our plan to attack Tomorrowland gone out the window, what would we do next??

Stay tuned to find out!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #113
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

My DH always kicks my butt in Buzz as well. I am so bad at that game!

I can't believe you guys made it to BTMRR! I probably would have been like, um nevermind. It is my favorite attraction though.

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #114
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Sounds great so far... can't wait to hear more! Bummer about the rain, but BTMR looked like so much fun!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #115
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh I'm so terrible at Buzz! I really don't know how people do good!

Yay for the surprise FP's! Don't you love when that happens? Sounds like an amazing time on BTMRR, even with the rain!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #116
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

ur btmr pics r way nicer than mine

Old 10-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #117
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Way to haul it over to Frontierland in record time, in the rain! On the bright side, at least it wasn't pouring when you were riding BTMRR!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #118
MEK
DIS Veteran

Score on the FPs! That is some great pixie dust on your first day. Love it! And your random pictures turned out great. I loved seeing pictures from BTMMR. It really is one of my favs and makes me last every time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #119
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Loving your report!! My husband and I are Disney freaks too! I am counting down the days till our 10-year anniversary trip for new years!!! Art of animation looks gorgeous, LOVE that shower!!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #120
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Loved the update!

I was so sad that BTMRR was being refurbed while we were there in March (thankfully it wasn't Splash)... So, it was great seeing some pictures of it.

We were trying to decide between March 2013 and October 2013 for our next trip, then when I heard that Splash is being refurbed (I've heard a few date combos) Feb 1 - Mar 19, Disney made the decision for me to swtich to October for sure... Which means that BTMRR will probably be refurbed during that time, because it seems to be in refurb status when ever we go - it's only been open during one of our trips.

D~ <--- Who is still drooling over your room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: