Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #451
natebenma
DIS Veteran

All caught up

Thanks for the pictures at Universe of Energy!!! They are great! I rarely see pictures and NEVER ones that good. I think a lot of people skip this attraction because it is long (I won't say boring). Heck, I even enjoyed it before they jazzed it up with Jeopardy, Ellen and Bill Nye (and Stupid Judy)

Le Cellier is one of our favorites, but we are skipping it on our next trip. We are getting our steak-on at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Hidden Gem. Shhhhh... Don't tell anyone.

Too funny about your connection to your waitress through a mutual acquaintance!

Love your pictures of the Canadian pavilion. It is truly a beautiful place! And the movie with Martin is great too! I can see why you would get homesick (but find it a little amusing that while you are posting you were homesick, you are experiencing Disney withdrawals). Oh, I'm hoping you find a way back soon!

Your pictures around the world are great- they just capture the essence of each of the countries.

Excited to hear about your evening plans, especially if they are MNSSHP!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #452
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

yay Wendy ure alive!!! Lol I was Just telling amy today that i needed one of u to do an update,AGGGGHHH I gotta get through this wait its so close yet so far!!! ( hurry up jump in my suitcase)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #453
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Great update and AMAZING pictures!! I love the Canadian pavilion too, even though they put the CM in Lumberjack costumes...lol. We have to be proud of our country, it is beautiful and Disney did a pretty good job displaying it.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #454
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

"Stupid Judy"

Awww I don't blame you for getting homesick in the Canada pavilion - it is beautiful there! Glad you had a good lunch at Le Cellier!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #455
carlaewalter
Earning My Ears

all caught up! Wonderful report. I've been terrible about reading lately, so I had a lot to catch up on.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #456
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Wow, great update. It's a grey and SNOWY day here, so I got a cup of tea and enjoyed my read. I love Ellen's ride, DS5 wouldn't get on it last year fingers crossed for April, he'd love it if he could get past the dark. And I love Canada too!!
Snow! Oh yuck. We have a possibility of getting a little today. Not fun! I'm done with winter!
Aww hope you can get your little guy on Ellen, I love that ride! Love the dinosaurs most of all hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the warning about the long update, so I will comment on the couple of chapters I was behind

I like your new fin-friends. Blue is my favorite color- the fish are just beautiful! Do you have a freshwater or saltwater tank? Or both?
I used to have both, but I found the saltwater too much work and not enough fun so we sold it last year. Just fresh for us now!

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Ottawa! It sounds like a lot of fun in spite of the cold.
We did have a lot of fun, we even said we would love to go back in the warmer weather!

I like the bridesmaid dress, and in charcoal grey it actually could be something you wear in the future.
I agree, I could see myself in that dress again.

The ice sculptures were awesome!

Not telling my boys about the war museum because if we ever make our way to Ottawa, we would end up there for sure!
Secret is safe with me! Hehehe I wouldn't put anyone through that torture.

Yum, beaver tail. Yes, I think they did have them at the Canadian pavillion at EPCOT and it caused a minor stir when they were no longer available.
Ohhhh really? I want to make a petition -- Bring Back Beavertails!

We have not done the Hoop De Doo- we actually haven't been out to the campground. for new experiences and that you loved it.
We did love it, so much that we would definitely consider going back again and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
All caught up

Thanks for the pictures at Universe of Energy!!! They are great! I rarely see pictures and NEVER ones that good. I think a lot of people skip this attraction because it is long (I won't say boring). Heck, I even enjoyed it before they jazzed it up with Jeopardy, Ellen and Bill Nye (and Stupid Judy)
It certainly is long, that's for sure. I can see how it would be boring to some. Oh well! Shorter lines for those of us who enjoy it!

Le Cellier is one of our favorites, but we are skipping it on our next trip. We are getting our steak-on at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. Hidden Gem. Shhhhh... Don't tell anyone.
Hehehe DH's favourite steak ever came from ESPN club! Maybe some time I'll try your hidden gem too

Too funny about your connection to your waitress through a mutual acquaintance!
Happens every time we eat at Le Cellier, we have some type of connection to home. It's nice!

Love your pictures of the Canadian pavilion. It is truly a beautiful place! And the movie with Martin is great too! I can see why you would get homesick (but find it a little amusing that while you are posting you were homesick, you are experiencing Disney withdrawals). Oh, I'm hoping you find a way back soon!
Hahhaha so true, I'm so fickle! When I'm here I want to be there, when I'm there I want to be home! Not all the time though, we usually find a happy medium.

Your pictures around the world are great- they just capture the essence of each of the countries.
Thank you!

Excited to hear about your evening plans, especially if they are MNSSHP!
Hopefully this next update will come a little quicker than the last did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
yay Wendy ure alive!!! Lol I was Just telling amy today that i needed one of u to do an update,AGGGGHHH I gotta get through this wait its so close yet so far!!! ( hurry up jump in my suitcase)
Alive and well. Don't tempt me with your suitcase, I WILL squeeze myself in somehow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Great update and AMAZING pictures!! I love the Canadian pavilion too, even though they put the CM in Lumberjack costumes...lol. We have to be proud of our country, it is beautiful and Disney did a pretty good job displaying it.
Thanks! I can honestly say I don't even mind the lumberjack outfits. Might as well be a total cliche! Disney certainly did do a good job of displaying our country (though sometimes I wish the Maritimes were around a little more. A sailboat or something hahaha)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
"Stupid Judy"

Awww I don't blame you for getting homesick in the Canada pavilion - it is beautiful there! Glad you had a good lunch at Le Cellier!
DH and I watch NCIS every week and at one point during last season, "Stupid Judy" was a guest star. Every time we saw her we shouted "STUPID JUDY!" at the TV.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #457
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlaewalter View Post
all caught up! Wonderful report. I've been terrible about reading lately, so I had a lot to catch up on.
Whoops! Ninja poster, I missed you in my replies.
Thanks, and I know the feeling! I was woefully behind for a while too. It's nice getting all caught up.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #458
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hehehe I hope everyone has a great St. Patty's Day.

I know I just did an update three days ago, but I'm going to squeeze in another short one now while I have time. Also, I took A LOT of pictures this evening so it will be picture heavy and light on words.

Friday, September 21

"It's a Small World After All"

We just got back from Epcot and were about to head out again. We got freshened up a little and headed back to the busses. For the first time all trip, I had my cell phone with me, checking for messages. We had two groups of people we were meeting up with.

Soon we were at our destination for the evening. Completely unplanned, last minute, we were going here:

How did this come about?

You remember eeyore04 and her family were still in WDW, and they were going to the party this night. Johnny and I decided not to go because I went once and didn't enjoy it much and we didn't want to spend the extra money. Well, the day before I had a message from a friend, Kylend.

**Back story!**

On last year's trip, while waiting for the 40th anniversary fireworks, we got talking to a guy who was a plumber (like Johnny) by trade, a photographer (like me) as a hobby, and a Canadian, like both of us. We kept in touch on Facebook ever afterwards and he and I even did the 365 day project together.

**Back to present time**

So I got a message from him saying "Are you really in WDW right now?? We land there tomorrow!" We decided we should meet up for sure and he convinced me to go to the party with them.

We were a little early getting to the park so we decided to go to the hub and hang out there where we would meet Kylend and his wife.

Most people were leaving. It was 3:30 and the park was just starting to empty out for the party.

We got some Photopass pics:

We proceeded toward the hub and the castle show was going on so we watched a little and took some pictures.

I had a message from Kylend who was at the Will Call but they couldn't find his tickets. No worries, we were just hanging out and taking pictures around the hub.

I LOVE all these little statues. I love the permanent ones a little more than the Hallowe'en ones, but w/e. They're all cute.

The wildlife was too cute, they were hopping around by my feet picking up crumbs and taking them into the bushes.

It was incredibly hot out just then. We were starting to really feel the heat and were just thinking we might have to find somewhere close by in the shade when we got a message from Kylend -- tickets in hand, they were heading up to meet us!

We snagged a couple more quick pictures:

And then there they were!

How cool it is that I met these nice people in Disney and now we were meeting up again in Disney. It's a small, small world.

We decided to take off in the direction of Tomorrowland and get lots of rides done before the real meat of the party started.

So off we went, and that's a tale for another day!

Join me next time for some party stories and photos. Would we have a great time or would there be circumstances beyond our control?? Would that gorgeous blue sky last? Find out next time!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #459
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Saw this on Facebook today and just wanted to share. How true.

Unfortunately it's also what manages to put one into a real funk when no trip is planned!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #460
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

omg how cool is that? I love meeting new Disney friends,and so I would not be disappointed at all if u managed to squeeze into my suitcase ever!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #461
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg how cool is that? I love meeting new Disney friends,and so I would not be disappointed at all if u managed to squeeze into my suitcase ever!!!

It was really cool! And I would love to squeeze into your suitcase!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #462
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

Wow, I didn't know that they have special Halloween character statues! I especially love Jester Goofy!

(That shouldn't be a surprise - did you see my DIS name?)

I can't wait to see more of the party!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #463
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's so fun that you were able to go to the party with your friends!! Those Halloween statues are too cute!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #464
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
Wow, I didn't know that they have special Halloween character statues! I especially love Jester Goofy!

(That shouldn't be a surprise - did you see my DIS name?)

I can't wait to see more of the party!
The statues are so cute! I am now trying to remember if they put them up for Christmas too... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's so fun that you were able to go to the party with your friends!! Those Halloween statues are too cute!
I am so glad we went, and meeting up with them again was so much fun!
Love those statues, I wanted to take them home hehe
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #465
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Saw this on Facebook today and just wanted to share. How true.

Unfortunately it's also what manages to put one into a real funk when no trip is planned!
Girl - you've got to start planning your next trip. I know you are gearing up towards it. Just admit it. all the possible trip scenarios are swirling around in your head.

I think its absolutely awesome that you met a fellow Canadian with so many like interests at Disney and now you are meeting up with them at the party. How great is that? I see it didn't take much arm twisting to get you to agree to go.

Your pictures are loading painfully slow, but i love the ones I can see. The black and white statues are very cool.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: