Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #436
cfw213
DIS Veteran

I LOVE hoop de doo!! Funny story, I went in Dec 2011 with my sister and my mom and my sister was so worried the whole time she was going to get called out. Wouldn't you know, they actually picked her to be the can can girl!! One of the male performers came up as we were eating (during one of the breaks) and asked if either one of us wanted to do it and I immediately volunteered her. She wouldn't speak to me the rest of the night! It was such a fun experience and we still talk about it all the time! We are planning to go back this October

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #437
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
You've got the Walt Disney Withdrawal Syndrome (WDW for short :P). We got it bad a few weeks ago (and might of given in and booked another trip for later this year...) It's an addiction I swear.

Glad you guys had a blast at Hoop de Doo. It looks like a lot of fun.

As a side note: I love Roll up the Rim season. It adds a bit of suspense and excitement to my mornings
We definitely have the withdrawal syndrome really bad. We were actually planning an imaginary trip today.
Hoop Dee Doo was really fun! We had a blast!
I'm doing SO terrible this year on Roll up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I can see your dress now!!! Very cute!!!

HDDR sounds like a lot of fun! We've never been there before, but it sounds like a great Disney classic to visit!
Thanks!
I would definitely recommend Hoop Dee Doo to anyone, it's really fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
I LOVE hoop de doo!! Funny story, I went in Dec 2011 with my sister and my mom and my sister was so worried the whole time she was going to get called out. Wouldn't you know, they actually picked her to be the can can girl!! One of the male performers came up as we were eating (during one of the breaks) and asked if either one of us wanted to do it and I immediately volunteered her. She wouldn't speak to me the rest of the night! It was such a fun experience and we still talk about it all the time! We are planning to go back this October
Omg, that sounds like Johnny's luck too hahaha, he wants to be picked on like he wants a hole in the head!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #438
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hoop De Doo looks like fun... I have never been to it... & I feel its one of those classic Disney experiences... we probs should go...

You do have the Disney Withdrawal Syndrome... I hope that you win your contest or finagle some way to get your fix...

I love your Winterlude update/photos...

I thought it was pretty interesting how mellow the security is for the Canadian PM... it is crazy for our President...

I love your BM dress... very feminine and sophisticated...

I'm sorry you didn't get to ice skate on the Canal... Maybe they need a zamboni? thought I remember seeing Beaver Tails in Epcot once? Hmmm... or am I imagining it... It just seems like the perfect kiosk snack...

Pretty Ice Sculptures...
Old 03-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #439
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! Loved your update from Ottawa...spent a summer there during high school when my best friend moved there...military life, ya gotta love it!

You should plan a trip out here and we'll taking you skating at The Forks, when the rivers meet....it'll be cold, but we'll have fun!!!

Anyhoodle, I feel your pain hon. The Disney Blues was a big part of why I took a coupld of months away from the Dis....Now that we have a trip planned it makes it easier but until September we don't know for sure if it will happen. We have to wait until Shan gets her fall schedule for school so keep your fingers crossed!

I laughed at your Roll up the Rim, I had my sister buy us $20 worth of 50/50 tickets at the Jet's game last night and the final amount was over $70 000 so I told shan if we had won half that we could go on many Disney vacations, as many as she wanted LOL
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #440
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hoop De Doo looks like fun... I have never been to it... & I feel its one of those classic Disney experiences... we probs should go...
You should! I'm recommending it to everyone now, hehe. Very fun and yes, definitely a classic Disney experience. I'm so glad we did it!

You do have the Disney Withdrawal Syndrome... I hope that you win your contest or finagle some way to get your fix...
Ahh me too. Johnny wants to go more than me so we just might find a way yet...

I love your Winterlude update/photos...

I thought it was pretty interesting how mellow the security is for the Canadian PM... it is crazy for our President...
It was hilarious actually. Kind of summed up living in Canada for me.

I love your BM dress... very feminine and sophisticated...

I'm sorry you didn't get to ice skate on the Canal... Maybe they need a zamboni? thought I remember seeing Beaver Tails in Epcot once? Hmmm... or am I imagining it... It just seems like the perfect kiosk snack...
They actually do have a few zamboni, the problem was our timing. We came JUST before they scraped and resurfaced the ice so it was at its worst.

Pretty Ice Sculptures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Hey girl! Loved your update from Ottawa...spent a summer there during high school when my best friend moved there...military life, ya gotta love it!

You should plan a trip out here and we'll taking you skating at The Forks, when the rivers meet....it'll be cold, but we'll have fun!!!
I have family out your way so some day I would love to make my way out!

Anyhoodle, I feel your pain hon. The Disney Blues was a big part of why I took a coupld of months away from the Dis....Now that we have a trip planned it makes it easier but until September we don't know for sure if it will happen. We have to wait until Shan gets her fall schedule for school so keep your fingers crossed!
Ahh I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Hope it works out!

I laughed at your Roll up the Rim, I had my sister buy us $20 worth of 50/50 tickets at the Jet's game last night and the final amount was over $70 000 so I told shan if we had won half that we could go on many Disney vacations, as many as she wanted LOL
Holy cow! $70k for a 50/50!! I would love to win half that!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #441
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow. It's past time for an update. Today is my day off and it's very windy and rainy, not nice ay all so it's a good time for Dis.

Eta: Warning! Long update ahead! I didn't realize how long it was until I started posting! I was due for a long one.

Before I start I just want to share a few Photopass pics from our Hoop Dee Doo night that I forgot to upload before the last one!

There! All caught up!

Friday, September 21
"O! Canada! And The Rest of the World."

We were up at 8:15 this morning. We finalized a few plans for the evening and then headed to the concierge desk to get some tickets we would need.

I took more pictures of the beautiful lobby.

New tickets in hand, we headed out to the bus stop!

Was our destination. We had a lunch to get to. Any idea where we were going?

Here's a hint.

Our bus came quickly and we were on and seated and off to Epcot in no time.

Doesn't that sight just make you want to cry? Or is it only me with no trip planned?

Stopped for a Photopass pic:
(This one's out of my camera)

(This one's theirs)

(for another lunch hint, have a look at my shirt too!)

Oh yeah. Here come the water works.

We passed by these guys.

I would have liked to stay and watch but we were short on time and hoping to get one attraction in before lunch.

Which attraction?

One of our favourites!

We walked in and the little clock that says "Next show will start in - - " said "42 seconds". Excellent! More awesome pixie dust! So we got in and picked a row, spread out and relaxed for the ride.

Let's go Ellen!!

Stupid Judy.

Hooray for Ellen!

(Continued in next post)

Last edited by teekathepony; 03-14-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #442
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

... Continued from previous.

On our way to lunch Johnny spotted a favourite of his and wondered if he had time to hop on.

The wait time said 5 minutes so I told him to go for it. Our reservation was at 11:50 but I wanted to get there early. He ran to get in line for the orange team. I took some more pictures!

As it turned out I waited 20 minutes for him! He came out apologetic, but no worries. We headed to our lunch destination:

I had wanted to get there early for the singing of O! Canada but we missed it. Oh well!

We checked in, I got complimented on my shirt and we sat down to wait. There was a family next to us complaining loudly about basically everything. The wait, the prices, the food choices... They were so extremely upset by everything but they weren't leaving! Maybe they were all just hungry.

We were soon seated. Our waitress was Jill who was from British Colombia and it was her second term here. During her first term, her roommate had been a girl I graduated high school with and had met up with in 2010! It's a small, small world.

I ordered a milkshake to drink.

Johnny had Coke I think.

We shared a bowl of cheddar cheese soup and Johnny discovered his new favourite food ever.

I also loved it but it was very rich and I found I couldn't eat much. That's ok, Johnny didn't mind having a little extra! Of course the bread was delicious!

I ordered the gnocchi, something new and different for me! I really liked it too. Johnny had the NY Strip steak and fries. For dessert I had the creme brulee and Johnny had the pecan pie.

So?

** Dining Review Alert **

The food was excellent. I know lots of people have said the quality of the food here has gone down, and last time we ate here we didn't have the greatest food either but this trip was great. My gnocchi was very tasty and Johnny said his steak was pretty but not the best he's had. Cheddar cheese soup was freaking awesome, bread was awesome, desserts were awesome.
Food - 4.9/5
Our waitress was excellent. We waited and wanted for nothing. She was friendly and attentive.
Service - 5/5
Atmosphere in here is great, I love the decor. It was a little louder than you would hope a more expensive restaurant would be (or at least it seemed that way to me). All in all, not bad.
Atmosphere - 4/5
Value is where I believe this place takes a dip. The food is good, everything is good, but the prices are, in my opinion, too high for what you get. We went for lunch and only used one credit, but now that even lunch is two table service credits I can't see us going back.
Value - 1/5

All in all - 3.75/5 (yes I AM being this specific! ) I enjoyed it a lot and would like to go back but can't see me paying the prices. I'm also very cheap.

(Continued in next post)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #443
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

After lunch we decided to take it slow and let our stomachs settle. Since we were already in Canada, we took our time and looked around the gardens and the pavilion.

(It said Nova Scotia, I had to take a picture!)

We headed in to do the Circle Vision show. On our way we spotted a twoonie in the water. We both got really home sick and took a picture of it:

I think we had about a 10 minute wait.

Ahhh Martin. Tell 'em about our country!

I sniffled and wiped my eyes through the show. (What!? My allergies were acting up... )

Back out to the gardens!

Do you think we were home sick?

Couldn't stop taking pictures of the place!

We finally left Canada and headed around the rest of the world. We went through fairly fast and didn't stop for too much so I'll just let you see what we saw:

(Continued in next post)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #444
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

We did pop into the Mexican pavilion for a run around the Gran Fiesta Tour.

After that we headed toward the exit by way of Mouse Gears.

Then we headed back. It was 2:50 at this point and we wanted to get ready for our evening's activities! We got back to AoA and saw this wonderful water painting:

Already evaporating!

Then we saw construction. Since it's not something you see much at WDW I took a picture.

So that's it for now. Coming up, a surprise for the evening! Any guesses?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #445
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh girl - you totally outdid yourself with this update! But you were long overdue, so I guess you needed to

So jealous of your pictures in Ellen's Energy Adventure. I love the colors.

Stupid Judy! Who doesn't like that line?

Your lunch looks/sounds really yummy! Denny and I have a lunch ADR there in June. We'll have TIW card which makes more sense.

I love the Canadian pavilion. It's so gorgeous. And I love the Canada film. Hey - even I get choked up when I watch it and I don't even live there.

I can just feel the pride you have in your country! Enjoy your day off.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #446
cfw213
DIS Veteran

Beautiful world showcase pictures. I'm guessing MNSSHP for the evening???

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #447
4Minnies1Mickey
Earning My Ears

Loved reading this!! So neat. Thank you for sharing!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #448
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh my gosh girl - you totally outdid yourself with this update! But you were long overdue, so I guess you needed to
I know! I didn't realize how long I made it until I tried to post it! But you're right, I was long overdue!

So jealous of your pictures in Ellen's Energy Adventure. I love the colors.
It's so dark in there. I had to hike my ISO up to max and then lighten them in Photoshop too!

Stupid Judy! Who doesn't like that line?
I say it allllll the time and non-Disney people think I'm nuts.

Your lunch looks/sounds really yummy! Denny and I have a lunch ADR there in June. We'll have TIW card which makes more sense.
It was very good, we really enjoyed it! The TIW card would definitely make it worth it.

I love the Canadian pavilion. It's so gorgeous. And I love the Canada film. Hey - even I get choked up when I watch it and I don't even live there.
The pavilion is beautiful and the film is great, it's done well (and I hope I'm not being biased!)

I can just feel the pride you have in your country! Enjoy your day off.
I am proud of our country, also I was pretty home sick so being in "Canada" was making it worse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw213 View Post
Beautiful world showcase pictures. I'm guessing MNSSHP for the evening???
Thanks!
Hmmmm good guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Minnies1Mickey View Post
Loved reading this!! So neat. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you for reading!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #449
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Wow, great update. It's a grey and SNOWY day here, so I got a cup of tea and enjoyed my read. I love Ellen's ride, DS5 wouldn't get on it last year fingers crossed for April, he'd love it if he could get past the dark. And I love Canada too!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #450
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the warning about the long update, so I will comment on the couple of chapters I was behind

I like your new fin-friends. Blue is my favorite color- the fish are just beautiful! Do you have a freshwater or saltwater tank? Or both?

I enjoyed reading about your trip to Ottawa! It sounds like a lot of fun in spite of the cold.

I like the bridesmaid dress, and in charcoal grey it actually could be something you wear in the future.

The ice sculptures were awesome!

Not telling my boys about the war museum because if we ever make our way to Ottawa, we would end up there for sure!

Yum, beaver tail. Yes, I think they did have them at the Canadian pavillion at EPCOT and it caused a minor stir when they were no longer available.

We have not done the Hoop De Doo- we actually haven't been out to the campground. for new experiences and that you loved it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: