Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #391
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I forgot to comment on your meal! I have never been to the Biergarten. Sorry that you had slow service, no sausage and non-responsive table mates. Glad you had a nice meal anyway!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #392
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Really enjoying your TR!!!! Your photos are amazing!

Beverly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #393
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I've never actually eaten at Biergarten, but I did have a fun evening hanging out with friends there once. The atmosphere is so much fun, and your desserts looked yummy! Too bad about the waiting and bad service though.

Lovely photos, as usual...I look forward to the eye candy you always provide!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #394
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

We ate here on our honeymoon and met the nicest couple, they were there for their anniversary. She said that they couldn't go on a honeymoon and he promised her a vacation every year, and it was like 40 years and he had kept his promise. They were from near us, and we talked a lot through our meal. Of course, we had a family of 4 but they didn't want to be with other people so after a few glares of the rest of us talking they actually got up and walked out. Whatever, their loss! Sitting with other people can be a risk, on our honeymoon we had nothing but good luck. On our trip this past October it was a DISASTER.

My son was terrified on "the bad Figment ride", as in full tears before we stopped. He was begging me to never make him go back on there. Of course, then he became obsessed with Figment himself and ended up with a stuffed one for Xmas.

I LOVE the towels!!!

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844

Last edited by Kbendig; 02-01-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #395
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

YUp when you said "sausage fest" my mind totally went there and eventhough I think figment is the bees knees,I love your description of him I lol'd for real!!! Wendy you are too cute!!!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #396
amazingact21
Upendi

Sorry to your dinner didn't go so well. Sounds like they were too busy and the wait staff had too many tables to try and serve. Still, no drink refills the entire meal? Yikes.
I also had no idea you shared a table with other guests. Had to be a little weird to try and talk with your DH about dinner and your trip, knowing other people could listen in.

Those fountains look really awesome at night!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #397
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I forgot to comment on your meal! I have never been to the Biergarten. Sorry that you had slow service, no sausage and non-responsive table mates. Glad you had a nice meal anyway!
We did, we enjoyed our meal despite the negatives. It's just a fun place to eat! I recommend it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs6799 View Post
Really enjoying your TR!!!! Your photos are amazing!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I've never actually eaten at Biergarten, but I did have a fun evening hanging out with friends there once. The atmosphere is so much fun, and your desserts looked yummy! Too bad about the waiting and bad service though.

Lovely photos, as usual...I look forward to the eye candy you always provide!
I always recommend eating at the Biergarten! I love it there and despite the waiter being really slow we really enjoyed our meal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
We ate here on our honeymoon and met the nicest couple, they were there for their anniversary. She said that they couldn't go on a honeymoon and he promised her a vacation every year, and it was like 40 years and he had kept his promise. They were from near us, and we talked a lot through our meal. Of course, we had a family of 4 but they didn't want to be with other people so after a few glares of the rest of us talking they actually got up and walked out. Whatever, their loss! Sitting with other people can be a risk, on our honeymoon we had nothing but good luck. On our trip this past October it was a DISASTER.

My son was terrified on "the bad Figment ride", as in full tears before we stopped. He was begging me to never make him go back on there. Of course, then he became obsessed with Figment himself and ended up with a stuffed one for Xmas.

I LOVE the towels!!!
Awww how nice about the couple on their anniversary vacation! That's so sweet.
Ohh your poor son! I can see how Figment could be the bad Figment ride though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
YUp when you said "sausage fest" my mind totally went there and eventhough I think figment is the bees knees,I love your description of him I lol'd for real!!! Wendy you are too cute!!!
Dirty girl!!
Hahaha I just can't like that ride. I like Figment the character though. It's my compromise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sorry to your dinner didn't go so well. Sounds like they were too busy and the wait staff had too many tables to try and serve. Still, no drink refills the entire meal? Yikes.
I also had no idea you shared a table with other guests. Had to be a little weird to try and talk with your DH about dinner and your trip, knowing other people could listen in.

Those fountains look really awesome at night!
They were a little busy, but our waiter was also incredibly slow, way worse than any other we saw. Oh well, there are worse things I guess! We did have a nice time.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #398
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sorry i missed this update when it came out. I think your fountain pictures are outstanding. I am so jealous! I want to take night pictures like that.

My brother requested Biergarten for June so the ADR is made. Atleast with eight of us we won't have any non-talkative table mates. Who needs that.

The desserts - OMG - they look amazing!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #399
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sorry i missed this update when it came out. I think your fountain pictures are outstanding. I am so jealous! I want to take night pictures like that.

My brother requested Biergarten for June so the ADR is made. Atleast with eight of us we won't have any non-talkative table mates. Who needs that.

The desserts - OMG - they look amazing!
Thanks You could take pictures like that. A tripod is key!
I would like to have one table all to my party, that would be fun! Twice we went and had wonderful, friendly, talkative table-mates so sometimes it works out ok.
Get the bavarian cheesecake, even if you're stuffed to the top you must have the bavarian cheesecake!!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #400
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

I had to laugh about Figment, when DD18 was younger she announced that she liked the smell of skunks because it reminded her of the smell of coffee.
DM and I ate at Beirgarten on our first trip together. We met a nice couple from England. It was great talking to them.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #401
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

yep... I haven't been on Figment in a while and I'd been on the fence about it... your rather descriptive narrative is kinda making me think I can skip...

I'm glad the the Biergarten was overall a positive experience...... although it's a mystery why those other diners would choose a restaurant that does gruoup seating...

The desserts look great but what did you eat for actual dinner if you don't eat sausages...?
Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #402
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
I had to laugh about Figment, when DD18 was younger she announced that she liked the smell of skunks because it reminded her of the smell of coffee.
DM and I ate at Beirgarten on our first trip together. We met a nice couple from England. It was great talking to them.
Skunks reminded her of the smell of coffee? Wow... there's a new one!
I do enjoy sharing a table with friendly talkative strangers, it's fun to meet new people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
yep... I haven't been on Figment in a while and I'd been on the fence about it... your rather descriptive narrative is kinda making me think I can skip...

I'm glad the the Biergarten was overall a positive experience...... although it's a mystery why those other diners would choose a restaurant that does gruoup seating...

The desserts look great but what did you eat for actual dinner if you don't eat sausages...?
Honestly, I wouldn't mind skipping Figment from now on. It's too bad about the skunk smell because I might actually enjoy the ride other than that!
I imagine the others at our table might not have known about the group seating. My family and I didn't the first time we went but luckily that time we were at a really fun table.
Hahaha I don't even remember the actual dinner. I definitely had some schnitzel!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #403
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Thursday September 20, 2012
"The Other Castle"

This is the day we would venture off the beautiful Disney bubble to Universal Studios. I'm going to go through it fairly quickly since there's not quite enough there for two posts!

The day started at 7:00; Johnny went to the concierge desk to ask about transportation and I rubbed Tiger Balm all over my pitifully sore legs. We decided to take a cab since the bus schedule didn't work for us. Down we went and we arrived at the park gates at 8:30.

You might be able to tell I only brought my little point and shoot camera.

We bought our tickets at the window from a man who exclaimed "English people!!!!" when we spoke. We thought that was awfully strange... it didn't take us long to figure out why he did it though. As English speaking people we were in a serious minority that day. Every language other than English surrounded us. It was a little surreal, like being transported out of North America. I kept wondering if it was a coincidence or was there something going on. Oh well. Moving on.

We got a one day Park to Park ticket -- it had been a while since we were in Universal Studios, always going to Islands of Adventure. We did decide on IOA first though.

A Canadian family was chosen to open the park... like a rope drop thing I guess but instead of Mickey Mouse there were a family of canucks. Hehehe

We headed straight to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, knowing what the wait times can look like. I snapped pictures along the way.

The Hulk was calling to me... would I try it this trip?

Almost there!

The other castle!

I adore Harry Potter. I don't really love Universal parks, but I so love Harry Potter and they did a fantastic job on the Wizarding World. It's a good thing theme park love doesn't have to be monogamous.

I get chills when I see this sign.

Wait time for Forbidden Journey?

That's right. 10 minutes. Score!

Love the greenhouse area of the queue.

Empty queue!

More empty queue!

I didn't get too many pictures because we were practically running through the long queue line.

In no time we were climbing aboard. I LOVE THIS RIDE! It's the right amount of intense and fun and so Harry Potter correct and immersive. It might be my favourite ride ever.

So what next? Well I only had one day to get in my fill of Butterbeer, so we'd better get started.

To the Three Broomsticks!

Here we had a friendly greeter show us where to go. Wow! A friendly worker at U.S.? You don't see that every day! Johnny and I say, every time we walk into US "I don't think we're in Disney anymore!" We have never had good service there.

Anyway this day we also had a friendly person take our order and a nice worker offer to take our picture together. Taking lessons from Disney, Universal? Good play.

Cont. in next post.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #404
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Continued from last post.

W decided to do Flight of the Hippogriff (which we did, but I have no pictures because it was another walk on) then anything else we wanted in the rest of IOA and then US, then come back to finish the day in the Wizarding World.

Back through!

Holy cow! The Hogwarts Express with no one in front of it!

So gorgeous. So perfectly well done.

On to another we like:

When Johnny and I first started dating 10 years ago we both discovered a mutual love of dinosaurs and especially the Jurassic Park movies.

I know it's really hard to see, but the wait time is 5 minutes.

We basically walked right on and had a great ride.

We debated doing ripsaw falls, but I really didn't want to get wet. It was a really humid day and I could see myself never drying.

We passed on it.

We kept going through the park and realized there's not too much here to do. We got around to the super hero section and rode Spider-Man!

I do like this ride.

Next we rode the Hulk. I have no pictures since you lock your loose items in a locker while you ride, but I promise you I did it. And there was no wait at all!
So what did I think?
"Hot for hot's sake" is what I wrote in my trip journal. To explain that, let's go back a bit. I don't like spicy food much, but I really hate when things are just spicy to make your tongue burn with no good flavour. I call that "Hot for hot's sake" or, hot to be able to advertise as hot but with no real flavour to it. So that's how I thought The Hulk was... intense, but not fun. I can't say why. I didn't mind it, didn't get nauseated or scared, but I didn't enjoy it. Rock n Rollercoasr is still my favourite!

After that we headed over to Universal Studios. The parks were getting busier, it was 10:30.

We went to Minion Mayhem first. The wait time was quite long, 35 minutes, but since it was only 10:30 and we had already mostly finished IOA, we figured a little wait couldn't hurt.

It was a motion simulator, pretty fun.

And now I have a period of time where I took no pictures for whatever reason.

Last time we went to US (2010, our honeymoon) we rode The Mummy and apparently we both enjoyed it. I had NO memory of this ride at all! Johnny can usually spark my memory with little things but not this ride. It's like it was erased entirely from my brain. So of course we did it again. I loved it, it was fun (and I do like the movie!) but even after riding it, I can't remember ever having ridden it before. How strange!

By this time we were hungry. We debated going to City Walk for more options, but we didn't feel like walking back so we stopped at a place called Louie's, an "Italian" restaurant. I had awful spaghetti and Johnny had fairly bad pizza. Also it was so expensive. I hate eating at Universal!

To quickly sum up (since I have no pictures) we did Disaster (which was boring), ET (which we waited FOREVER for but I did love), Men In Black (LOVE this ride, literally this was the reason we got the park to park pass, this ride is so amazing! Also Johnny and I have a serious love for the movies) then we watched the Beetlejuice show. It wasn't bad!

It seems I remembered my camera at that point.

Around 4:00 we went back to IOA for another ride on Forbidden Journey (still not much wait, I guess everyone was over at Minion Mayhem!) another Butterbeer, lots of shopping and then we got a cab back to AoA. We had big plans for the evening but we were exhausted so we took a little nap.

Up next: What were our big plans? A first for us!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #405
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Minion Mayhem sounds cute! I'd LOVE to see HP world. Maybe next trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: