Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #331
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Looks like 50's PT was lots of fun! I'd like to go there someday, but I'm thinking it might be better with a big group of people...we're trying to get Brandon's parents to come with us, so maybe when they actually agree to go, we'll eat there!

OMG that character meet!!! I was thinking at first maybe it was character-palooza, since I know it's not at the animation building anymore...I am dying to meet those penguins from Mary Poppins, and I can never find them!

Yay, RnRC, I love that ride!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #332
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

My daughter loves Nemo. We could spend our entire trip riding that ride over and over again and she would love it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #333
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Very enjoyable reading!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #334
amazingact21
Upendi

Sounds like you all had a blast at 50's! I think I've seen that server in a different TR before and remember he was a riot. Must be great at his job.

Love that group shot you all got at the end of your meal. Think it sums up how much fun you all had that evening.

An impromptu meet and greet?!? With really cool characters?!! That's so awesome! Love the Evil Queen photos. I have never heard of anyone getting to experience that before (at least not in the past few years or so). What a great way to end a wonderful day.

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 01-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #335
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

AHHHHHHH I love ur %0's pics ,that looks so fun!!! One of these days I WILLL get a good waitress/waitor that isn't boring.My girls would flip right out if they got to see Jessie with no line,and the evil queen is awesome!!!I haven't been on RnRC yet but i want to very badly!!I'm hoping maybe in May if I can get one of my Disney friends to watch Hailey for me to do it.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #336
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is a great update! From a perfect lunch to an impromptu character meet and greet. I love that picture of you approaching the queen. Too funny. You look legitimately frightened
I almost was!! At first I was like "Yay! Characters!" but she stayed so well in character that she was frightening!

Quote:
I loved the group shot at PTC. You had a great cousin. Not so sure if I would have finished the collard greens, though.
I didn't... they were nasty! Last time they had green beans which I loved. I managed to mush them around on my plate enough that my Cousin didn't see them.

Quote:
Funny story - when my oldest was in 8th grade my GF and I took both of our boys. We ate at PTC. My GF's son was so afraid of our cousin that he ate every speck of those collard greens.
hahaha ohhh that poor kid! Although I understand, I was that way on my first trip to 50's! Terrified to get in trouble!

Quote:
You went to DTD and did NOT take any pictures. Gasp! But sometimes it is so liberating to just leave the camera behind.

Great end to a great day!
It's true, a whole DTD evening and no camera. Once and a while it's sort of liberating to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Looks like 50's PT was lots of fun! I'd like to go there someday, but I'm thinking it might be better with a big group of people...we're trying to get Brandon's parents to come with us, so maybe when they actually agree to go, we'll eat there!
Every time I hear about a couple going, it always seems they have a boring time. I've gone twice in a big group and had an absolute blast both times. I'd definitely say a group is the way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG that character meet!!! I was thinking at first maybe it was character-palooza, since I know it's not at the animation building anymore...I am dying to meet those penguins from Mary Poppins, and I can never find them!

Yay, RnRC, I love that ride!
It was the coolest experience EVERRRR! hahahaha, so random! It was fun, like when I was there as a kid in '91!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
My daughter loves Nemo. We could spend our entire trip riding that ride over and over again and she would love it.
Aww cute! I love watching the fish in The Seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
Very enjoyable reading!
Why thank you!

Back for more replies after some dinner!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #337
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

What a great day at DHS

50s looked like a blast and how cool to meet all of those characters !
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #338
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sounds like you all had a blast at 50's! I think I've seen that server in a different TR before and remember he was a riot. Must be great at his job.
I can't say that I remember seeing him before, but I'll definitely watch for him from now on. He was awesome!

Quote:
Love that group shot you all got at the end of your meal. Think it sums up how much fun you all had that evening.
It definitely was a great commemorative photo! Brings back fun memories.

Quote:
An impromptu meet and greet?!? With really cool characters?!! That's so awesome! Love the Evil Queen photos. I have never heard of anyone getting to experience that before (at least not in the past few years or so). What a great way to end a wonderful day.
I haven't heard of this type of thing happening since I was there first in 1991, that's kind of how they did it then. It was fantastic and a lot of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
AHHHHHHH I love ur %0's pics ,that looks so fun!!! One of these days I WILLL get a good waitress/waitor that isn't boring.My girls would flip right out if they got to see Jessie with no line,and the evil queen is awesome!!!I haven't been on RnRC yet but i want to very badly!!I'm hoping maybe in May if I can get one of my Disney friends to watch Hailey for me to do it.
I think the key is a big group willing to play. At least that's how it seems to work out so well for us!
No lines for the characters was the coolest thing ever.
I ADORE RnR! It's my favourite ride ever! I hope you get to ride in May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a great day at DHS

50s looked like a blast and how cool to meet all of those characters !
It was a fun day, the characters were the cherry on top!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #339
eeyore04
Mouseketeer

Time to clarify a couple things...

How in the world do you have better accuracy and Johnny a better store on TSMM?

I will, in fact, go on Rock'n Rollercoaster again, without your push.

And why in the name of god would you post that silly picture of me with those disgusting greens hanging out of my mouth? LMAO

awesome updateS

... I'm a slacker, I know

My first TR (working on, still!!): How many times will you rain on my parade?-a wet (and sometimes funny) first ever TR
My PTR for a trip that was postponed:And it all started at 357 (days)
My first PTR: Does being there every day in my dreams count?
2009: POP, Sept 2012: POP, November 13-22, 2014 Pop Century
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #340
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

"Fred" sounds hilarious!! And that Boston Cream Pie parfait looks awesome!

That random character pop-up meet and greet looks awesome!!! Especially since you guys got to meet the penguins!!!! But the Evil Queen looks like she was a great one too!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #341
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I love Fred... he sounds like he was a blast and added a lot to your experience...

What an awesome opportunity to have an impromptu "character meet" with all of those chararacters... the Penguins, the Evil Queen ... good, good stuff...

Great Pictures on RnRC... I have a feeling I had my eyes closed for about half of when I rode too... that take off... I want to do it again though...
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #342
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore04 View Post

Time to clarify a couple things...

How in the world do you have better accuracy and Johnny a better store on TSMM?

I will, in fact, go on Rock'n Rollercoaster again, without your push.

And why in the name of god would you post that silly picture of me with those disgusting greens hanging out of my mouth? LMAO

awesome updateS

... I'm a slacker, I know
Johnny hit more targets I guess!
I know you'll chicken out on RnR unless someone else is there to push you! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
"Fred" sounds hilarious!! And that Boston Cream Pie parfait looks awesome!

That random character pop-up meet and greet looks awesome!!! Especially since you guys got to meet the penguins!!!! But the Evil Queen looks like she was a great one too!
"Fred" was great, a good waiter in that restaurant makes all the difference in the world!
I was so shocked at the random character meet, but so psyched! Evil Queen was too cool, really scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I love Fred... he sounds like he was a blast and added a lot to your experience...

What an awesome opportunity to have an impromptu "character meet" with all of those chararacters... the Penguins, the Evil Queen ... good, good stuff...

Great Pictures on RnRC... I have a feeling I had my eyes closed for about half of when I rode too... that take off... I want to do it again though...
Fred was definitely the best part of the dinner, we had a lot of fun!
The character meet was fantastic, so fun! We got to meet a lot of characters in a short space of time, no lines!
RnR is my favourite ride!! You should do it with your eyes open the whole time, it's really visually interesting in there!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #343
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I'm back, and I'm finally all caught up!

I love 50's...when the CM is "on" it is one of the BEST interactions on property! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Wowza...you hit the character jackpot! Evil Queen is probably my favorite villain(ess)!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #344
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I'm back, and I'm finally all caught up!

I love 50's...when the CM is "on" it is one of the BEST interactions on property! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Wowza...you hit the character jackpot! Evil Queen is probably my favorite villain(ess)!!

Welcome back!!
50's (when good) is definitely one of the best interactions, I've now had two great experiences there!
Character jackpot indeed! We had a blast and were really shocked at what just happened to us!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #345
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

So I'm at work really early because I had to come in with Johnny this morning. I'm all alone and figured what better than to do an update? The only problem is I left my notebook with all my TR notes at home. Oh well, I'm just going to wing it. The pictures usually bring everything back for me.

Wednesday, September 19
"Monorail Morning"

We were lucky we had gotten to bed nice and early the night before because this morning we had to be up fairly early. We were eating breakfast at a new-to-us restaurant (9:35 was our reservation) and wanted to be sure we had lots of time to get there. But first we needed a monorail. At about 7:30 we went down to the bus stop and waited for either the MK or Epcot bus, whichever came first. It was MK so on we went. When we got there we headed straight for the monorail!

Please stand clear of the doors!

So where were we headed?

Here?

Nope, not today.

Here?

No, not this one either.

How about here?

Yep, this is the place!

As I stepped off the monorail and looked around at the lush scenery I realized this was officially my first visit to the Polynesian!

Then I realized, we were about an hour and a half early for breakfast! It was only 8:00am! I left us lots of time to find our way around, but when we walked through the doors I realized it wasn't at all hard to find. Should have known, this is Disney!

We wandered around taking everything in and some pictures too.

Checked out the gift shop:

Finally around 9:00 we decided to head back upstairs and see if we could check in early.

While leaning over the rail to get this shot, I knotted my camera strap around my neck so tight I almost choked myself

We were able to check in early and were seated after about a 5 minute wait. Score!

Cont. in next post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: