Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #286
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hi again!
It's Sunday morning and Johnny's still asleep, the dogs are too. My Oscar kitty is bounding around a little. He found an old bikini top of mine that he thinks is a vicious four headed snake and he keeps dragging it all over the house. Too cute!
First off, Happy Hanukkah to everyone celebrating!
Second, Christmas is just 16 sleeps away. 16! I'm feeling a LOT farther behind than usual. I have a list and I'm checking it twice. All I have left is stocking stuffers though. Today the plan today is to finish all decorating but the tree (that's next weekend's job!) I have a lot done and I have to say a big thank you to the powers that be, Oscar is being a fantastic little kitty! He checks everything out but mostly leaves it alone.

Beside Cinderella's castle is his favourite place to sleep. We find him curled up in between all the ecclectic village pieces sound asleep. Adorable.

Although he's sure it would look better with this tree knocked over.

Harry, the older cat got a little jealous of all the attention and climbed up too.

Anyhow, since I'm up I figured I would get another update done!

We left off heading toward Pixar place!

Tuesday, September 18

"Hooray for Hollywood pt. 2"

We got up to TSM and wondered what to do. Grab a fastpass or jump in line?

40 minutes? Well, it's a bit of a wait, but we didn't want to leave and go do something else because the RnR fastpasses were not too far away so we decided to jump in the stand by line.

I think Johnny has this face that says, "Give me the magic red card" because he gets it almost every ride.

Adorable details:

A huge chunk of the queue they weren't using yet. Made me think maybe the wait was less than we'd thought.

Grab a pair!

Nearly there!

Next!

Here we go!

I was having a great game. I knew I was doing well. I was watching my score going up, up, up and thinking; "I might just beat Johnny for once!" Then out of nowhere at the end he caught up to and passed me. I was so bummed!

Oh well. Maybe I'll get my turn on TSM or Buzz some day.

Back to the sunshine!

Where to next?

Our fastpasses were good! Let's rock!

There was almost nothing to the fastpass line. Unlike us, most people being turned away from riding the ride in the morning didn't grab a fastpass. In no time at all we were here:

We were amongst the last out of the room which was fine, I had some pictures I wanted to try to get.

GO!

Not bad for my little camera. Next time I'm going to get brave enough to try the SLR. Maybe.

Aaaaand back to the sun again.

Cont. in next post!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #287
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

... Continued
So where next? We deliberated a bit. It was no later than 10:30 and we had two of the most popular rides done (the only two we really cared about!)

We wandered to the Great Movie Ride. I was hoping for the cowboy scene!

LOVE this dress (and movie!)

The clip reel room was pretty full.

But it didn't take too long to be on our way.

Cowboys!! Come alive???

Nah, no such luck. We had the gangsters again. I figured we would. I should have asked. That is one thing I regret not doing!

So, what next? Well, we had no plan but we were feeling very hungry. It was just 11:00 which is of course 12:00 at home so our bellies forgot about the time change. Oh well, we had an early dinner planned so we can eat lunch early too, right?

We thought maybe we would try here:

Somewhere new for us!
We walked in and looked at the menu, but the cms told us they didn't open until 11:30. Oh! That sucks! So we left.

Writing that out I can see how it's absolutely no big deal, but then and there in my head it was such a disappointment and I was so hangry. So when we saw a little food cart we didn't stop to think, we just went for it. I saw their menu had the cream cheese pretzel I had heard so much about so I decided to get one. Johnny said he'd split mine.

It was a changing moment in my life. I can see now that fate steered me away from the restaurant in order to acquaint me with my new best friend. I loved that pretzel. But all too soon it was gone. While eating it we had wandered over here:

I stood back and watched a bit while Johnny grabbed us something to drink. That pretzel made us thirsty. We split a Coke while watching the little jedis in training. When we finished we decided to take a Tour!

We had a good ride. It's not a favourite for either of us but it was fun. I can't remember which sequences we had but I do remember that neither of us was the rebel spy.

So I'll leave it there for now! I'll be back with more, hopefully before Christmas if I get some spare time between now and then!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #288
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I love all of the little details in the TSM queue - it really is amazingly well-done!!

That pretzel looks really good!! I always forget about those fun little snacks that I keep meaning to try!!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #289
amazingact21
Upendi

I never get why the quick service restaurants don't open until 11:30. I've made that same mistake before, as well! But at least you discovered that delicious-looking pretzel. It looks like it'd be amazing.

Sounds like you hit all the major points in DHS. Love your photos of RNRC, made me wish I were sitting in one of the cars right now...

Hopefully, in the future you'll be able to win a round of TSMM. I tend to have that same problem, though. Alex ALWAYS jumps ahead of me on the last round. It's just no fair...

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #290
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post

I always so "no more cats", but I think I would have to make an exception for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post

GO!

Not bad for my little camera. Next time I'm going to get brave enough to try the SLR. Maybe.

I hear ya sister - I am never brave enough for that. But I love your picture all the same!

Great scores on TSM! I'm so jealous!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #291
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Oscar is so cute... isn't it too funny how cats have to get into everything... like it's their business or you should have asked them permission before decorating and all of that...?

I've never gotten the cowboys on the GMR either... I'm starting to think its just a rumor...

I'm glad you got your chance to ride RnRC ... I rode that for the first time last week... and after I opened my eyes 1/2 way through (after that take off) I actually liked it...

ToT really is incredibly photogenic inside and out... Mary Ellen is right you really should just go through to see even if you take the escape exit...

Hmmm... I've heard about that pretzel... but haven't seen or tried on yet... another one for the list...
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #292
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

I don't think they use the cowboy scene any more, because every time we went on the ride it was gangsters. Maybe it's just that they don't train the CM's for it anymore but whatever it is, I hope they bring it back!

Sounds like you guys had a great morning though! I'm envious of that pretzel, which I never did end up getting to try there were just too many new things on my list that I never could have gotten them all.

Also, those photos with Oscar are so festive! I love getting ready for Christmas
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #293
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love all of the little details in the TSM queue - it really is amazingly well-done!!

That pretzel looks really good!! I always forget about those fun little snacks that I keep meaning to try!!
The TSM queue is definitely one of my favourites, it's incredibly well done and detailed!
I'm glad I tried the pretzel, there were so many things I forgot to try so at least I got one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I never get why the quick service restaurants don't open until 11:30. I've made that same mistake before, as well! But at least you discovered that delicious-looking pretzel. It looks like it'd be amazing.
It was kind of ironic though, because the restaurant was closed, I got to try the pretzel! It was so yummy.

Sounds like you hit all the major points in DHS. Love your photos of RNRC, made me wish I were sitting in one of the cars right now...
Yup, we got all the best stuff done pretty quick!

Hopefully, in the future you'll be able to win a round of TSMM. I tend to have that same problem, though. Alex ALWAYS jumps ahead of me on the last round. It's just no fair...
Some day I'm winning one. I don't care how it happens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I always so "no more cats", but I think I would have to make an exception for him!
He peed on my bed this morning. He's yours.

I hear ya sister - I am never brave enough for that. But I love your picture all the same!
Some day I'm going in with bubble wrap and I'm going to wrap it around my camera after I take my picture and before I take off!

Great scores on TSM! I'm so jealous!
My personal best, I think!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Oscar is so cute... isn't it too funny how cats have to get into everything... like it's their business or you should have asked them permission before decorating and all of that...?
They're funny alright, as long as I get the look of approval after everything has been checked out, it's all good!

I've never gotten the cowboys on the GMR either... I'm starting to think its just a rumor...
Hahaha I know, I'm asking for it next time for sure.

I'm glad you got your chance to ride RnRC ... I rode that for the first time last week... and after I opened my eyes 1/2 way through (after that take off) I actually liked it...
I LOVE RnR! I love trying to read the signs!

ToT really is incredibly photogenic inside and out... Mary Ellen is right you really should just go through to see even if you take the escape exit...
The one time I did ride it I was too scared to really take much notice, but I remember it being beautiful!

Hmmm... I've heard about that pretzel... but haven't seen or tried on yet... another one for the list...
You should try one! Soooo yummy!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #294
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed reading and reliving my trip through yours.. We were there the 21st-25th... AHH... I want to go back like NOW!
Where did you get that castle Christmas "house"?? It is so adorable and now I want one!!!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #295
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz
I enjoyed reading and reliving my trip through yours.. We were there the 21st-25th... AHH... I want to go back like NOW!
Where did you get that castle Christmas "house"?? It is so adorable and now I want one!!!!
I think we got it at the Christmas store in downtown Disney! It's so pretty, it's my favourite decoration!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #296
natebenma
DIS Veteran

A couple of fanastic updates!

But first a few comments about your adorable pets!!! Thanks for sharing the photos of the dogs and Harry. How are they getting along with Oscar?

Oscar totally breaks the cuteness meter! Whenever you post pictures I call my 11 year old son over to look and he is in love with him (and his "brother and sisters")

OK- back to Hollywood Studios-

Your comment about all of the details is so true. That was one of features of the program we took on the class trip in June- the students had to walk along Sunset and Hollywood Boulevards and pick out the period details.

Love Johnny's shirt. I purchased one at HS in June.

I agree with Mary Ellen- you must go through the ToT line again with your SLR!

Too funny about your chance encounter with the pretzel! I haven't tried one yet, but one of my friends lusts over the Jalapeno Cheese one at AK, so I want to try that sometime.

We had the Cowboy scene once on GMR. It is awesome!!! Definitely ask next time.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #297
katt789
DIS Veteran

Looks like a good morning at DHS, for a moment I was all "we were there the same day!!" but then did the math, and nope, we were there on the 17th!

I do the same with hitting up only 2 of the main rides, but mine don't include RnR, just have yet to brave it, haha!! One of these days! I do love ToT though. I haven't done GMR since my first trip, I guess it's just something I don't usually think of!

I've ran into that "we want lunch" problem too! Back in April we went into Pizzafari a bit early for some lunch (and kinda joked half seriously talked about grabbing a beer with lunch) and they were still serving breakfast Lol.

Glad you discovered your pretzel though!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #298
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are awesome!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #299
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Wendy!

I'm just marking my spot and will come back and catch up as soon as possible.

I love your intro photo, it is great!

Also yay on looking forward to Christmas, not long to go at all!!!

Expect a long catchup post in a few days!
Tanz
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #300
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Well,I was away for a while but I'm back n got caught up on ur tr YAYYY.That kitten is too cute for words aweeeeeeeeeeeeee

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: