Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #256
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great Yak and Yeti review! I'd like to go there sometime, but I always pass it up for other things! I really need to try those fried wontons!

Yay, glad you got your job back! That one with the crazy boss sounds annoying!

Glad you guys didn't get soaked! I love that picture of Main Street, the colors are so pretty! And yay for the Peoplemover, one of my all time favorites!

ps-I started my new TR if you want to stop by! I haven't updated yet, just the intro so far!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #257
DisneyDreamerMN
DIS Veteran

We took the behind the seeds tour on our last trip and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hear what you thought of it.

Love your Disney toes and your DHs shirt in this last update!

No one needs to know we are going to Disney again...right? May/June 2011 TR

HS choir trip March 1999 off site , POR April 2009, POR Nov.2009, POR Oct. 2010, WL May 2011, POP Nov. 2011
POP May 2012, WL Dec 2012, POP Oct 2013, DCL Dream Feb 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #258
amazingact21
Upendi

Congrats on the new job! It's always so much better when you're doing something you like, rather than something you have to do.

Wet nights at MK can be rough if you're not in the right mindset, but I think you guys made a great choice as to how to kill time. And if I am remembering your PTR correctly, I'm, like 99% sure on what you have planned next. If so, I cannot wait to read about it!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #259
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for being back at the camera store!!! It sounds like a much better place for you to be working!!

I really wish we had stopped by AoA during our past trip - the theming there is adorable!!
Thanks! It;s definitely a better job for me, I'm excited to go back.
AoA is really adorable, I'm so happy I got the chance to stay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow on so many accounts!

Congratulations on going back to work at the camera store! That is so awesome! It's great to have a job doing something you are passionate about.
Thanks! It's going to be great to be back. I hope I can get some studio time with Oscar before he grows up too much!

I love Oscar. He is just too cute!
Isn't he adorable? He's so well behaved for a kitten too.

And finally, you castle/MK pictures are so pretty. Just the perfect combo of lighting! Love them.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Great Yak and Yeti review! I'd like to go there sometime, but I always pass it up for other things! I really need to try those fried wontons!
You definitely need to try the wontons, if nothing else!

Yay, glad you got your job back! That one with the crazy boss sounds annoying!
Thank you! She can be really crazy sometimes (like yesterday for Black Friday for example! )

Glad you guys didn't get soaked! I love that picture of Main Street, the colors are so pretty! And yay for the Peoplemover, one of my all time favorites!
We got lucky with the rain for sure! And the Peoplemover is one of my favourites too, so nice to kick back and relax!

ps-I started my new TR if you want to stop by! I haven't updated yet, just the intro so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamerMN View Post
We took the behind the seeds tour on our last trip and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hear what you thought of it.

Love your Disney toes and your DHs shirt in this last update!
Well the tour is coming up, but I'll just say that we thought it was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Congrats on the new job! It's always so much better when you're doing something you like, rather than something you have to do.
Thanks! I really loved it there. In fact, ironically the only thing I didn't like about working there was the guy who's leaving!

Wet nights at MK can be rough if you're not in the right mindset, but I think you guys made a great choice as to how to kill time. And if I am remembering your PTR correctly, I'm, like 99% sure on what you have planned next. If so, I cannot wait to read about it!
I can not wait to post about it! hehehe, I have a full day today but hopefully tomorrow I'll get a new post up!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #260
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

CONGRATS on the new job!!! It's a great feeling when you can go to a job you enjoy every day. No more underwear made me laugh though. Having a Disney loving boss again is great! I have no idea where mine stand on Disney, they didn't remember I was there so I'm going to say they aren't big lovers.

I can't wait to hear about the Behind the Seeds tour!

I have an idea what's next...

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Old 11-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #261
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting your new JOB! It's great to be able to work doing something you really love... ummm... you're current boss really sounds like lots of fun...

Oscar looks like he's having a good time in the wrapping paper and ribbons... cats are so much fun during the holidays... they have to check out EVERYTHING that comes into the house or that your doing and during the holidays... there are so many new and different things going on... My cats (who are 2 1/2 year old siblings-Teddy and Alice) are discombobulated every time we bring any thing... shopping bags, decorations, etc. into the house. I love it...
Old 11-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #262
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
CONGRATS on the new job!!! It's a great feeling when you can go to a job you enjoy every day. No more underwear made me laugh though. Having a Disney loving boss again is great! I have no idea where mine stand on Disney, they didn't remember I was there so I'm going to say they aren't big lovers.

I can't wait to hear about the Behind the Seeds tour!

I have an idea what's next...
Thank you! No more underwear, I swear I say that once a day. Just two shifts to go with the panty monster and then I'm DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Congrats on getting your new JOB! It's great to be able to work doing something you really love... ummm... you're current boss really sounds like lots of fun...

Oscar looks like he's having a good time in the wrapping paper and ribbons... cats are so much fun during the holidays... they have to check out EVERYTHING that comes into the house or that your doing and during the holidays... there are so many new and different things going on... My cats (who are 2 1/2 year old siblings-Teddy and Alice) are discombobulated every time we bring any thing... shopping bags, decorations, etc. into the house. I love it...
Thanks! I'm very excited to go back to cameras. And a great boss too!
This will be my first time with an indoor cat for Christmas. It's going to be an adventure!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #263
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hey all!

Well I have just two shifts left at La Senza and it can't go by fast enough. Tomorrow and Monday and then I'm done! I start back at the camera store on Tuesday.

Johnny and I decorated last weekend! Of course Oscar was into everything.

We had a frosty morning earlier in the week and I got some shots of the dogs too, so as not to leave them out!

Holly:

Sheeka:

And last night and today we had some snow! I'm getting so excited for Christmas! Most of my shopping is done and it's one of those years where I feel so excited that I got everyone something they'll really like! Also I may know a few things Santa might be bringing me and I'm a little excited for myself too.

Anyhoo, on with the report, shall we?

"Wishes!"

So I had just arrived at Magic Kingdom and rode the People Mover. We were getting ready for an exciting night! We were running a little late so I didn't stop to take any pictures, but we were headed to the Tomorrowland Terrace for the Fireworks Dessert Party! We were very nervous checking in. Why? Well I'll tell you.

If you read my PTR you may remember that we were unable to book a dessert party for two, so we booked it for two adults and a free baby. Well we were both freaking out a little about how to explain away the baby. The line was moving fast and when it was our turn we gave our last name and said "Party of three... um but um... the um... one couldn't make it and um... it's just us two - "

"Here are your bracelets, go on in."

Oh. That was easy. No need to worry then.

We found my family! Cousin, eeyore04 (Amy), her brother and mother.

We said hello, promised to watch the fireworks together and then went to get the goods!

YUM! The selection was great, there was lots and lots of everything and it was all very yummy. Our seat was unfortunately farther away from the terrace than we would have liked, but there was lots of room to move around. We ate and then gathered with my family by the terrace. We went over to the far side in front of the buffet tables so that we wouldn't be in anyone's way. I set up my tiny travel tripod and started taking some long shutter test shots.

David thought the long shutter thing was funny.

By going over to the far side, not only were we not in anyone's way, but everyone was gathering to the far right. Also, we were closer to a front view of the castle than anyone else.

Oops! I still had my fireworks settings on,

The Main St. Electrical Parade went by a little late, they were delayed by the rain a bit. We watched it as best as we could but didn't have a great view. Still we enjoyed the music. There was an announcement that Wishes would also be late. We didn't care, we were enjoying ourselves immensely. (And still picking at the sweets!)

There was a lonely Photopass photographer who no one was taking advantage of so we kept her company a little. Or annoyed the heck out of her... one or the other.

Amy and I went first. Amy never has her eyes open in pictures.

Then Johnny and I:

Then all of us!

Then Johnny and I again, without our cameras.

Then Amy got some by herself and then I photobombed her:

Soon enough there was an announcement that the lights would be dimming and keep children by the hand, etc. etc. I went back to my camera and got ready for some fireworks!

Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of Tinkerbell. Although I was ready for it, I more enjoyed watching my aunt and cousin who had never seen it.

And then...

Wishes!

And whoops! I over exposed the finale a bit.

It was a fantastic show and I really loved watching it from the Terrace. It was a great view, not crowded at all. It was so relaxing watching without being elbowed out of your spot, and having lots of room to set up my tripod. I would absolutely 100% do it again. Well worth the money, in my opinion!

So we took our time leaving, relaxed, took some pictures of the castle and then gradually made our way out. We headed back to bed, exhausted and fell asleep right away.

Up next; A day in Hollywood!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #264
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I was a few updates behind, but I had a lot of fun catching up.

The pictures of Oscar with all of the Christmas stuff are precious! Last year was the first Christmas with our kittens and we learned that the tree is the Best.Cat Toy. EVER!

The whole meal at Yak & Yeti looked fantastic. But your pictures and description of the Wontons = YUM!!!

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the people on Kali. You certainly had some rude people to deal with on this AK visit!

I'm glad you missed the major rainstorm and it didn't impact the Dessert Party. Great fireworks pictures. Of course!

And finally, congratulations on your return to the job at the camera store. Sounds like a great fit for so many reasons!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #265
MEK
DIS Veteran

Please tell me what settings to use to get firework pictures like that. They are gorgeous.

You photobomber you! Glad you kept the PP girl busy.

Oh those desserts - YUM!

What do you mean you left the baby home alone???????? What kind of parent are you????

Oh - Oscar - I want you. Do you have a brother?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #266
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The fireworks dessert party sounds like so much fun!! I love your photobomb! Great pictures!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #267
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Oh, your kitty's 1st Christmas! Those pictures of him are so sweet! Thanks for reporting on the desert party, we hope to book it for May!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #268
amazingact21
Upendi

Yay, I remember all your troubles with the dessert party from your PTR, so I was glad to see it all worked out in the end with no problems.

Great, great, great firework shots! Oh wow, those are amazing. And that view, totally worth not having to deal with pushing and shoving on Main Street.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #269
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I was a few updates behind, but I had a lot of fun catching up.

The pictures of Oscar with all of the Christmas stuff are precious! Last year was the first Christmas with our kittens and we learned that the tree is the Best.Cat Toy. EVER!
Awwww! I'm so excited to see Oscar's reaction to the tree!

The whole meal at Yak & Yeti looked fantastic. But your pictures and description of the Wontons = YUM!!!
Oh those wontons. Oh oh oh, I wish I had some now. I have to find a recipe for those and try to make them. I won't stop until I master it!

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the people on Kali. You certainly had some rude people to deal with on this AK visit!
We did run into a couple but thankfully we were in a good mood ourselves which allowed us to brush it off!

I'm glad you missed the major rainstorm and it didn't impact the Dessert Party. Great fireworks pictures. Of course!
Thank you!

And finally, congratulations on your return to the job at the camera store. Sounds like a great fit for so many reasons!
Thank you again, as much as I like the other girls I work with, I definitely fit in better with the cameras and the guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Please tell me what settings to use to get firework pictures like that. They are gorgeous.
Ok! It looks like my settings were as follows:
Exposure 30 seconds
Aperture f/14.0
Focal Length 22 mm
ISO Speed 100
Flash Off, Did not fire
Exposure Mode Manual
White Balance Auto
Lens 18-200mm

So let's see. I used an old technique my camera store guys told me about. Long shutter speed (30 seconds is as long as most go without using bulb which I don't want to use because it means I have to hold the button in which makes it blurry from camera shake.) and then I used a map as a black card to cover my lens between fireworks so as not to over expose the castle, but still get in as many bursts as possible. A nice small aperture (f14) to make sure that everything was in sharp focus (and also to avoid over exposure). For focusing, since it's hard for a camera in the dark, I focus on the castle and then switch to manual focus so the camera doesn't ever have to search. As well I use a tripod to keep the camera steady during the long shutter speed, and I use my two second timer so that when I hit my shutter button (since I don't have a remote for my new camera yet) it gives it two seconds to shake and then settle, again for no blur. Then I use the map as a black card, just put it in front of my lens until I see a burst starting, then remove it for a bit until the burst is finished and then cover it again, and wait for the next burst. Lather, rinse, repeat. I hope that helps! If I wasn't clear enough or if you have more questions let me know, you know how I love to talk cameras!!

You photobomber you! Glad you kept the PP girl busy.
She looked so bored! Also we like pictures.

Oh those desserts - YUM!
YUM is right!! I'm not usually much of a sweets person, but once and a while it is nice to pig out a little!

What do you mean you left the baby home alone???????? What kind of parent are you????
Terrible aren't we? Poor baby home alone because her parents wanted sweets and fireworks!

Oh - Oscar - I want you. Do you have a brother?
Well actually, funny you should say that! Just a week after we got him home, a local rescue group of volunteers who work with the SPCA posted a picture to their facebook page of these kittens who were just found and available for adoption. Do they look familiar?

I had a double take when I saw them. Oscar looks exactly right with them, he fits right between the middle girl and the one on the right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The fireworks dessert party sounds like so much fun!! I love your photobomb! Great pictures!!
It was, we had a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Oh, your kitty's 1st Christmas! Those pictures of him are so sweet! Thanks for reporting on the desert party, we hope to book it for May!
I recommend it for sure, we had a very enjoyable time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Yay, I remember all your troubles with the dessert party from your PTR, so I was glad to see it all worked out in the end with no problems.
Me too, hahaha. I'm such a worrier, but it looked like it was nothing new for them!

Great, great, great firework shots! Oh wow, those are amazing. And that view, totally worth not having to deal with pushing and shoving on Main Street.
Thank you! It was definitely worth it for a beautiful view and lots of elbow room!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #270
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for the explanation. So - you took your pictures from the dessert party. Where exactly were you standing? I can see doing the dessert party and bringing a tripod. That makes sense because you are not surrounded by a million people. Since we are driving in June (yuck) I might as well take advantage of the space and bring my tripod. I want to experiment a bit. I wonder if its worth booking the party just to have the space to take pictures.

Those kittens are ADORABLE! Isn't it wonderful when animals are rescued? I would just love to have one of those cute little babies.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: