Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #211
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Without stopping to take a single picture, raindrops the size of golf balls falling on our heads, weaving around thousands of tourists stopping in their tracks to don their ponchos, and slipping around in soaking wet sandals, we rushed as fast as we could to Frontierland. We made it with two minutes to spare and jumped in the fastpass line before anyone could double check their watches!!

We had almost no wait at all and before we knew it we were in view of the trains!

Here comes our train! Wish it were a little more dry...

So this is where I decided that since I had only my little crappy camera, I would just take random shots while on the coaster and see what it got me. I didn't even delete the bad ones. I laughed my head off during the entire ride and these bad but silly pictures make me very happy remembering this.

Ready?

Here we go!!

(My favourite!)

WOOOHOO!

I can honestly say that despite the rain, it was the most fun we've ever had on BTMRR. We laughed ourselves silly!

So with the rain still coming down and our plan to attack Tomorrowland gone out the window, what would we do next??

Stay tuned to find out!
Hm. Does this go upside down or anything? I usually ignore it, I'm not "supposed" to go on coasters. I sometimes do anyway though..

(I swear. I'll quit quoting posts. I opened all your chapter links in different windows. )
Old 10-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #212
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post

Let the memories begin? Yes please!

Ok so first things first -- we need a locker!

Ahh. Perfect!

Found them!

We stored our bags but kept the cameras. We had a date with some lions!

But first, as usual in AK, we got distracted on our way.

OMG an ANIMAL!

Another one!

CUTE animals!

The tree of life!

Might as well duck in here!

We found a photopass photographer and took advantage. These are with my camera, didn't get our CD yet. (*hint hint* eeyore04! Get on that!)

We moved a little farther into the trails around the tree and snapped some shots of the tree and each other.

There weren't many people around, but we had to wait about 15 minutes for this one couple to give up their post at the fence to take that last shot. They were just taking thousands of pictures of each other and arms length together and would not move when they weren't taking pictures. There was a line up forming behind us so when they moved just a little to the side, I squeezed in and got my shot and then got out of the way. The people behind me moved in when I was done and the couple gave us dirty looks. Ugh. Even a trip full of pixie dust can't guarantee you don't run into THOSE types, you know?

Whatever. Off to Africa!

Pit stop to look at fish!

Did you know?
The little tiny guppy looking fish in with these big guys are mosquito fish and are just one of the many natural pesticides Disney uses in Animal Kingdom where they can not use chemicals!

Back on track!

We're eventually coming for you, yeti!

Still on track!

Safari fastpass!

And this is where I'll leave you for now. What would we do next, fastpasses in hand?? Stay tuned to find out!
Making a note to take advantage of photopass this trip. Especially in AK, it's so pretty!

Haven't done Jungle Cruise yet - I ned to check it out. Hear its silly, but fun.

And yeah. Some people in WDW miss the happy, pixie dust concept.

AHHH.

OK. A CM in AK, when we asked... told us the animals are mainly free roaming. (we were doing the... hmm. Started with an R, I think.. a jungle trek? Walk through of this city in ruins, etc.)

Is that true? There's literally nothing keeping the big animals from jumping the little rope, and coming after you?
Can't be. Surely there's more to it than that....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #213
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Oh Wow... those were some amazing safari pictures... the giraffes-just gorgeous...and the lion roaring... that must have been amazing... I'll bet that added just that special Disney touch to the whole experience...

Poor wildebeests ... never going to live down that Mufasa episode...

Oscar is just... too cute for his own good...
Thanks! Seeing the lion up at all was pretty amazing, but to see him roaring was definitely some serious Disney magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
OMG....you have done it again girl....amazing pictures! How exciting that you got to hear the lion roar, I cannot even begin to imagine what that was like
Thanks!
Seeing the lion roar was probably the highlight of the trip. Wow, it was really spectacular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
uhm... how did I miss this?!

I'm in.

Quote:
I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES IVE SEEN.
I'd consider giving up AKL. It's so pretty....
It's a really gorgeous resort!

Quote:
I have yet to do that ride...hmm.
Quote:
Hm. Does this go upside down or anything? I usually ignore it, I'm not "supposed" to go on coasters. I sometimes do anyway though..
Nope, no upside downs, it's a really mild coaster! Definitely the most mild one at Disney, IMO!

Quote:
Making a note to take advantage of photopass this trip. Especially in AK, it's so pretty!

Haven't done Jungle Cruise yet - I ned to check it out. Hear its silly, but fun.

And yeah. Some people in WDW miss the happy, pixie dust concept.

AHHH.

OK. A CM in AK, when we asked... told us the animals are mainly free roaming. (we were doing the... hmm. Started with an R, I think.. a jungle trek? Walk through of this city in ruins, etc.)

Is that true? There's literally nothing keeping the big animals from jumping the little rope, and coming after you?
Can't be. Surely there's more to it than that....
Definitely do Jungle Cruise, of course it's silly but yes, also fun
There are no fences but as I understand it there are natural barriers to keep each animal in their own area. (Moats, hills, etc.) the animals on the savannah area I think are free to roam the savannah and interact with each other.

And now a word from my new Oscar kitty who loves to walk all over keyboards and who has been patiently waiting for his turn.

-----------------

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttqqqqqqqqqqqqq

lllllllllllllllll;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23 ;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;2 3;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23; 23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;2wgggggggffffffff ffffff11111111111111111111152eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeehjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppp`ppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppasasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaascv

Thank you, Oscar! That was enlightening.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #214
t_daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony
Thanks! Seeing the lion up at all was pretty amazing, but to see him roaring was definitely some serious Disney magic!

Thanks!
Seeing the lion roar was probably the highlight of the trip. Wow, it was really spectacular!

It's a really gorgeous resort!

Nope, no upside downs, it's a really mild coaster! Definitely the most mild one at Disney, IMO!

Definitely do Jungle Cruise, of course it's silly but yes, also fun
There are no fences but as I understand it there are natural barriers to keep each animal in their own area. (Moats, hills, etc.) the animals on the savannah area I think are free to roam the savannah and interact with each other.

And now a word from my new Oscar kitty who loves to walk all over keyboards and who has been patiently waiting for his turn.

-----------------

tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttqqqqqqqqqqqqq

lllllllllllllllll;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23 ;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;2 3;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23; 23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;23;2wgggggggffffffff ffffff11111111111111111111152eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeehjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppp`ppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppasasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaascv

Thank you, Oscar! That was enlightening.
Oscar, I totally agree.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #215
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Awww, Oscar is so cute!

Great pictures of the animals at AK! I especially love your giraffe pictures, so pretty!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #216
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Awww, Oscar is so cute!

Great pictures of the animals at AK! I especially love your giraffe pictures, so pretty!
Thanks! Those giraffes were really posing for us!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #217
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Man I hate time changes. Even though this one is the extra hour one, I just can't get used to it being pitch dark outside at 5:30!

We left off having just had the safari of our lives. So with rumbling tummies where did we turn?

Monday, September 17th

Well, having had enough adventure for one day, we just had none to spare for food so we went with a simple choice:

Yup, real adventurous. But it was a guaranteed air conditioned seat and we weren't in the mood to try something new.

Johnny had the pizza (of course!) and I had some type of cold pasta salad with chicken. It was really tasty too. I took pictures (like a good Dis'er ) but somehow I deleted them. (like a bad Dis'er )

I do so love the murals in here:

The light fixtures were pretty cool too.

So while we sat and ate we had a good look at the map and our times guide. Once again the Timing Pixie Dust fairy was watching over us -- we were just 30 minutes from the next FOTLK show! We finished our lunch and headed over to wait for the show in the direct path of the huge fans.

Once we got in we ran for the top seats. No one sitting behind us and putting their feet up our butts!

Unfortunately our good luck fairy couldn't follow us in the theatre. It seemed that every mother with a crying baby thought that our corner was the crying baby corner. Not once throughout the entire performance did we get to watch without hearing one child or another crying.

But since I wasn't enjoying the show to the fullest anyway, I never put the camera down once. Here are a few favourites:

We were in the lion section! RAWR!! (A real lion had just taught us how to do that!)

Gang's all here! Let's go!

Tumble, tumble monkeys! Tumble!

The end!

I love that show!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #218
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

And so again we found ourselves making plans. You see, we had yet to ride EE or Kali, but we both had our SLR cameras which we didn't want to take on either ride. So we decided to do everything else we wanted to do, then run back to the lockers, ride the rides, back to get our cameras (and turn in our locker keys and get our deposit) and then to dinner.

Commence plan!

To Dinoland!

Hmmm, think we're going the right way?

I'm still not sure...

Yeah... maybe...

Loved this quote:

We went straight into Dinosaur. There was almost no wait at all so I didn't have time to get any pictures in the queue!

All done!

We had a great ride as usual! We both put our cameras in the pouch in front of us and held them with our feet. It was a little nerve-racking for sure, but both cameras and lenses made it out ok.

Soon, Yeti.

As you can see, we wandered over to Asia. Our plan was to pick up some fastpasses for Everest!

The fastpasses we got would be good in about 45 minutes. So what did we do next?

Stay tuned to find out!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #219
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Awe you guys are way too cute!!!! I'm loving your report,and sorry i've been away a while UGH real life!!! I'm all caught up now ,and I gotta tell ya ur room pics did it for me so I've now booked AOA for May in an ariel room,with my youngest princess,can't wait

Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #220
merbobear
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at Pizzafari twice and it's actually a pretty decent lunch spot! Nothing fancy or adventurous, like you said, but there is so much seating, and sometimes it's nice to just be able to plop your tray down and eat without wandering around scouting out a table first!

Question/favor to ask of you: Could you share what you put your camera settings on during FOTLK? I have tried, to no avail, to capture somewhat decent pictures of that show, and here you are showing off your no blur jumping monkeys! lol Thank you!

Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #221
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Oh and a tip - I always bring my camera (which is a dslr) on rides with me, I just put my arm through the strap and then sort of wrap the strap around my wrist and hold the camera body in one hand...I've never dropped it from my hand, but even if I did it is still secured by the strap wrapped around

Old 11-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #222
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

UGH I hate when it's dark so early in the evening!!!

FOTLK is such an awesome show!! Too bad about your background music though!

I love the quotes on the construction signs, they really do make it feel inspiring!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #223
amazingact21
Upendi

Your FotLK pictures are great! Too bad that you couldn't fully enjoy the show, though. I know it's horrible, but I always cringe when I'm waiting in a show and see parents with a young child sit down next to me.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #224
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
Awe you guys are way too cute!!!! I'm loving your report,and sorry i've been away a while UGH real life!!! I'm all caught up now ,and I gotta tell ya ur room pics did it for me so I've now booked AOA for May in an ariel room,with my youngest princess,can't wait
Ohhh how exciting that you guys booked a LM room!!! I hope you love it as much as I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
We have eaten at Pizzafari twice and it's actually a pretty decent lunch spot! Nothing fancy or adventurous, like you said, but there is so much seating, and sometimes it's nice to just be able to plop your tray down and eat without wandering around scouting out a table first!
Exactly, when you're hungry and tired it's nice to have a guaranteed seat!

Question/favor to ask of you: Could you share what you put your camera settings on during FOTLK? I have tried, to no avail, to capture somewhat decent pictures of that show, and here you are showing off your no blur jumping monkeys! lol Thank you!
Sure thing! I basically boost my iso, my camera is pretty decent for noise on high speeds and then in my raw editor in Photoshop I reduce the noise a little further. Looks like, according to my EXIF data...

Camera Canon EOS REBEL T3i
Exposure 1/125
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 70 mm
ISO Speed 3200
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Flash Off, Did not fire
Exposure Program Shutter speed priority AE
Exposure Mode Auto
White Balance Auto
Lens Model 18-200mm Tamron

For the dark shows (and even things most people don't think of as dark, like the safari) I often use shutter priority and boost the ISO myself. Better grain than blur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Oh and a tip - I always bring my camera (which is a dslr) on rides with me, I just put my arm through the strap and then sort of wrap the strap around my wrist and hold the camera body in one hand...I've never dropped it from my hand, but even if I did it is still secured by the strap wrapped around
I've tried that, but I'm always so scared! I'm sure it would be fine, but bad things go around and around in my head, hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
UGH I hate when it's dark so early in the evening!!!

FOTLK is such an awesome show!! Too bad about your background music though!

I love the quotes on the construction signs, they really do make it feel inspiring!!
I do love FOTLK, and to make up for the musical babies, I got some fun pictures so I guess it's all good.
I know, so much better than, say, "Oh how inconvenient, we're in construction" It makes it fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Your FotLK pictures are great! Too bad that you couldn't fully enjoy the show, though. I know it's horrible, but I always cringe when I'm waiting in a show and see parents with a young child sit down next to me.
You know, I know that Disney is full of kids and sometimes they cry. I've made peace with that. But the annoying part was that these people weren't sitting anywhere near us! When their kids started crying, they got up and stood behind us... I guess so as not to annoy the people who they were sitting next to.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #225
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well you know I love your pictures and regret that I got behind somehow with your TR. Oh crap, I'm just busy and I always seem to find your TR when I'm reading at work and well, that just won't do.

OK - explain to me how you boost the ISO. I think my ISO only goes to 1600. Is that a function of your camera or is there actually a way to boost it on any DSLR. My camera is just the base Canon rebel. I would really like to get more light in my shots like that. Thank you for listing the other settings because I know what most of those mean.

I'm going back to look at your pics again!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: