Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #181
Lmartheleur
Earning My Ears

Great post! Looks like a wonderful day so far at Animal Kingdom Your pictures turned out beautifully and AOA looks like a nice resort!

Love that you have broken out your christmas socks! I can not believe it is only 65 days until christmas and our trip!! I have never written a trip report and I am not sure where to even start but maybe this will be the time! I will fill my time with disney and the christmas craft fairs that are going on the next couple of weekends! That always gets me in the christmas mood
Old 10-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #182
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, 5:30am is early. That is not me. I would be hard pressed to be up at 7:30am. And even then I'm slightly crabby.

However, your early morning pictures turned out amazing! Love love love.

Bus pixie dust is always great.

Love Johnny's bazinga shirt! Gotta love Sheldon Cooper. Did you watch the episode from the other night? "Blueberry in my nose, I have a blueberry in my nose!"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #183
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wow, exploring the resort at 5:30 in the morning...I've never managed to wake up that early. But I bet it was nice and quiet, which is the best time to explore a resort!
It helps being a time zone ahead, my body still thought it was 6:30!

Your LK pictures made me want to stay at AoA once again! Everything just looks so colorful and detailed and awesome.

Ugh, talk about a rude couple. But unfortunately you tend to find them all over WDW. You'd think they'd be embarrassed by causing a line to form in front of a photo spot. Guess not...
I think these were the type to feel entitled to spend all the time they wanted in that spot because (a) they got to it first and (b) they paid to get in too. Whatever, I eventually got my picture, but I just can't imagine hogging prime photo space like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I am the same, always up before everyone else. The resort is beautiful.
It was lovely being out and about before almost anyone else, a great chance to study the resort!

Tree of life is so cool looking. Love all the carvings. I can't believe people just don't care that they are blocking a famous view from everyone and won't move. Where is their Disney spirit.
I'm always amazed at what Disney can do with carvings, that tree is mind blowing.

I am guessing you went to Tusker house for breakfast? Ummmm...or went to EE?
Hmmm interesting guesses! But I'm not saying anything yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm getting all excited for Christmas too!!! It feels like it's coming up super-fast this year!!
It does! I'm starting to panic that all my shopping isn't done because it feels like it's coming so fast!

I am the EXACT same way when it comes to sleeping in in Disney. Or not sleeping in, to be exact. Great pictures around the AoA early hours! It looks like a really fun place to meander around!
I'm never a late sleeper and it just gets worse in Disney!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Your photos are AMAZING !!! Looking forward to reading (and seeing) more !!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Very cool pictures of AoA- I haven't seen the one of Timon, Pumba and Simba walking on the log-bridge before. Great pictures of an amazing resort!
Thanks! I loved the log bridge, it's enormous too! And so well done!

I love to do the same thing. I am an early riser, around 5 or 5:30 every day no matter what- weekends, holidays, vacation, so I often take the early mornng photo safari and coffee run.
Usually I'm up around 7 here at home, but then we're also an hour ahead of Disney time so it means I'm up even earlier when I'm there!

Good for you for making it to Animal Kingdom so early. Great pictures around the Tree of Life but I'm sorry you had to deal with the rude couple. When we were in Washington DC, when we visited the White House, there were two women just sitting along a wall in front of a prime photo location, reading magazines! Hellooooo!
At least we weren't in a rush, but it was frustrating. Wow, reading a magazine in front of the White House? I sometimes wonder if these are people who have to be in everyone's pictures because their mommies didn't take enough pictures of them when they were little...

Good question about what you did next. I'm guessing that early in the mornng the return time was pretty soon, so you had to do something quick and close. Hmmmm....
Correct!

I'm going to go way outside the box, but inside the Tree- Tough To Be a Bug???
Not sayin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjk4 View Post
I'm having a great time reading your TR!! Can't wait for more!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful pictures... I just love the color and clarity on your ToL photos, I can't even imagine getting pictures like that... Great eye and amazing talent you have!

D~
Thank you! After the amount I spent on photography collage I'm glad it's paying off somewhat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
First and foremost, love your DH's Bazinga shirt! I love me some Big Bang Theory! My favorite episode is probably when Sheldon was hiding in the ball pit.
Omg, I actually laughed so hard I choked while watching that episode!

Anyway...

Disney World is so peaceful early in the AM. Unfortunately, I am NOT an early riser. I enjoy sleeping in and I can't help it!
I've never been one to sleep in Even as a teenager! I do have to be in bed at 9:30 though!

I can't wait to see what you do next, I'm guessing you're going to go ride EE and then use your FPs for the Safari?
I like your logical thinking, but I'm not talking yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
OK, I have to laugh because I am reading this in POP at 5:30 am when everyone else is sleeping. Now I think I'll hop in the shower and go for a walk!
No way! Hahaha, I've had many a very early morning walk around Pop, you're making me nostalgic!

I don't understand rude people, take the pic and MOVE. Or the people who stop in front of you taking a picture and decide to have a meaningful discussion about life. REALLY???
I don't even mind waiting for people to take multiple pictures, but it became clear they were just taking more and more pictures to hold their spot. Whatever floats your boat, but I want to get to the safari!
Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
Just found your trip report. I can't wait to read some more. I'm loving the pics of AOA. I want to stay there someday, but would definitely have a hard time choosing which section to stay in. The Little Mermaid section looks so colorful, but my little girl would probably want to stay in The Lion King section right now, since that is her favorite movie. We leave on Thursday and I am super excited. Can't wait for more of your report.
Every section of the resort is just gorgeous. For me it was a budget matter -- Little Mermaid was the only one I could afford! But if I could have justified a suite, my decision would have been impossible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
just got caught up but im in! your photos are amazing! I loveeee all the early morning resort photos, I love that time
Thanks! I also love the very early mornings. It's my few minutes alone with the resort
Old 10-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #184
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love exploring the resorts before everyone else is up. DH and DD always sleep in longer than I like but I love having an hour or so to wander around. The resorts are all so pretty and peaceful right before the sun starts to come up.

Your pictures are awesome. I love the giant Ursula. I am tempted to add more days to my Feb. trip to stay across from Ursula and that Eric stature, and the Eric painting in the room. I don't know how you can leave the resort.

Usually I don't mind Halloween but this year I am just not feeling it. I didn't decorate or even buy pumpkins to carve I did get excited when I went to buy Halloween candy and all the Christmas stuff is out
Old 10-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #185
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hello... subbing on...love your Wedding picture at very beginning...

enjoying your photos and descriptions of AoA ... It looks so larger than life...super cool over the top Disney... like Vegas... but a much more wholesome family friendly version ...(where what happens there ...doesn't have to stay there...

Awesome Disney Magic your first day at MK... wow multiple fast passes... You got quite a bit done...I think the rain is the perfect time for Splash... I mean you 're already wet...

I LOVE BTMRR... it's so Disney... great photos... you can feel that you're having fun....

looking forward to reading more...

BTW while I don't share your feelings regarding Halloween, I do respect them and I LOVE that you're listening to Christmas music already...
Old 10-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #186
silverhaze269
DIS Veteran

5:30 is pretty darn early for a day 2 start, since day 1 was so busy! BUT, your body felt like it was 6:30, which isn't too bad.

Those are awesome pictures though!

I think the Animal Kindgom is an awesome park for many reasons, one of them being how eco-friendly they are with stuff, like the fish in that pond. I bet there are things like that all over the place throughout the park and you'd never know it.
Expect the Unexpected: A May/June 2011 Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2737115

October 28-November 11 2012 - Disney/POP, May 27-June 4 2011 - Disney/CSR, April 20-27 2008 - Disney/POP, Dec 18-27 2007 - Disney/POFQ, Dec 10-15 2006 - USO/HRH, May 15-20 2005 - USO/ HRH, Aug 20-27 2004 - Disney/DTD Hotels, Aug 28 - Sept 2 2003 - USO/HRH, April 14-26 2002 - WDW, USO, SW, BG/Off-site
Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #187
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

I can't wait to stay at AoA...your photos are making me homesick for a place I haven't been!

Animal Kingdom is eye candy in a way that's different from the other parks, and you do a great job capturing it!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #188
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm excited for Christmas, but I can't start listening to Christmas music til November. Hopefully I'll hear tons of it in Disney and that will get me ready for the holidays when I come home!

Your early morning picture of AoA are beautiful! I cannot WAIT to stay there!!!

Yay, AK! I love your pics near the Tree of Life, we never go in there, we just take a quick picture in front of it and move on...I'd really like to explore the trails in there!

Hmm, I'm guessing once you got the safari FP's, you went over to Asia and rode EE? (That's probably what I would do! )

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #189
SoosieQ
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. I am not sure if I read it but did you say what kind of camera you are using? My camera went kaput on our trip last month and I want to start researching cameras.

CSR- 9/2014, POP- 5/2014, POR-9/2012, POFQ- 9/2010, POFQ- 9/2009, Caribbean Beach- 12/2008, YC- 9/2007, POR- 9/2005, Contemporary- 9/2004, CSR- 9/2003,
GF- 6/2003, CBR- 5/2001,POR- 9/2000
POR- ?, POR- ?, Off-site many times
Old 10-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #190
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wow! Sorry I got so far behind here, we had a little excitement this week.

Johnny's working at the airport and the other day they found a tiny kitten in the garbage can! They think he got in trying to get food. So they tried to catch him but he was really quick and good at hiding in tiny spaces! Anyway Thursday they caught him but they were just going to shoo him into the woods. No one else could/would take him and Johnny and I couldn't see him left out in the cold, so of course he came home with us.

Presenting, Oscar!

Johnny got him to the vet on Thursday and they were extremely happy at how healthy he is! Definitely a boy, he had his first vaccinations, de-wormer and flea meds (not that he had signs of either, just a precaution!) The vet had a hard time hearing his heart beat for the purring.

He's a snuggle bunny but loves to play, so far hates the dogs (but slowly warming up to them) and likes Harry, the other cat. He's eating and drinking very well too. And he's even learning to pose for the camera!

So that's my exciting news, now onto the replies! And then hopefully a new update!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update and what great shots you got of the resort so early in the morning! Great camera girl! Photographer's not bad either
Thanks!

We found we had great bus mojo on our last trip at Pop too!!! You gotta love when you're not waiting around and wasting good WDW time!
Oh for sure, I mean we've never had bad luck with busses, but this was particularly good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmartheleur View Post
Great post! Looks like a wonderful day so far at Animal Kingdom Your pictures turned out beautifully and AOA looks like a nice resort!
Thanks, it was a great morning at AK for sure!

Love that you have broken out your christmas socks! I can not believe it is only 65 days until christmas and our trip!! I have never written a trip report and I am not sure where to even start but maybe this will be the time! I will fill my time with disney and the christmas craft fairs that are going on the next couple of weekends! That always gets me in the christmas mood
I'm always breaking out the Christmas early, I love it so much!
Everyone's trip reports are different, I think you should definitely write one of your own. If it's about a Christmas trip, I'm definitely in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Wow, 5:30am is early. That is not me. I would be hard pressed to be up at 7:30am. And even then I'm slightly crabby.
I'm an early bird, but just try keeping me out past my 10:00pm bed time!

However, your early morning pictures turned out amazing! Love love love.
Thanks!

Bus pixie dust is always great.

Love Johnny's bazinga shirt! Gotta love Sheldon Cooper. Did you watch the episode from the other night? "Blueberry in my nose, I have a blueberry in my nose!"
Omg, we never miss an episode and we have all the DVDs, I nearly died laughing at the blueberry pie eating contest!!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #191
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I love exploring the resorts before everyone else is up. DH and DD always sleep in longer than I like but I love having an hour or so to wander around. The resorts are all so pretty and peaceful right before the sun starts to come up.
I love it too, it's a nice time to explore and it's cooler too! Bonus!

Your pictures are awesome. I love the giant Ursula. I am tempted to add more days to my Feb. trip to stay across from Ursula and that Eric stature, and the Eric painting in the room. I don't know how you can leave the resort.
It was gorgeous and the details were pretty amazing! I wanted to take the whole thing home with me!

Usually I don't mind Halloween but this year I am just not feeling it. I didn't decorate or even buy pumpkins to carve I did get excited when I went to buy Halloween candy and all the Christmas stuff is out
I didn't decorate or get a pumpkin either. I don't bother since no kids ever come t-o-t'ing at our house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hello... subbing on...love your Wedding picture at very beginning...
and thanks!!

enjoying your photos and descriptions of AoA ... It looks so larger than life...super cool over the top Disney... like Vegas... but a much more wholesome family friendly version ...(where what happens there ...doesn't have to stay there...
Hahaha that's a good way of describing it!

Awesome Disney Magic your first day at MK... wow multiple fast passes... You got quite a bit done...I think the rain is the perfect time for Splash... I mean you 're already wet...
Yup, that's what we thought too! Already wet, might as well!

I LOVE BTMRR... it's so Disney... great photos... you can feel that you're having fun....

looking forward to reading more...

BTW while I don't share your feelings regarding Halloween, I do respect them and I LOVE that you're listening to Christmas music already...
Hahha most people I talk to love Halloween. It's ok, to each their own! As long as I can keep my Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaze269 View Post
5:30 is pretty darn early for a day 2 start, since day 1 was so busy! BUT, your body felt like it was 6:30, which isn't too bad.
I just get so excited when I'm there, raring to go and can't sleep!

Those are awesome pictures though!

I think the Animal Kindgom is an awesome park for many reasons, one of them being how eco-friendly they are with stuff, like the fish in that pond. I bet there are things like that all over the place throughout the park and you'd never know it.
There were a few other things the cm told us when she told us about the fish but I can't remember them. It was pretty interesting for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I can't wait to stay at AoA...your photos are making me homesick for a place I haven't been!

Animal Kingdom is eye candy in a way that's different from the other parks, and you do a great job capturing it!
So true about AK, it's so different! I think that's one reason I love to photograph it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm excited for Christmas, but I can't start listening to Christmas music til November. Hopefully I'll hear tons of it in Disney and that will get me ready for the holidays when I come home!
Hehehe I like to listen to bits in the summer sometimes too.

Your early morning picture of AoA are beautiful! I cannot WAIT to stay there!!!

Yay, AK! I love your pics near the Tree of Life, we never go in there, we just take a quick picture in front of it and move on...I'd really like to explore the trails in there!
I love the trails, it's so beautiful around there!

Hmm, I'm guessing once you got the safari FP's, you went over to Asia and rode EE? (That's probably what I would do! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoosieQ View Post
Thank you for the wonderful pictures. I am not sure if I read it but did you say what kind of camera you are using? My camera went kaput on our trip last month and I want to start researching cameras.
I use a Canon Rebel T3i, I used to have the XT. I love the rebel series, lots of people are pretty critical about it of course, but for me it does the job and fits nicely in my small hands.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #192
SoosieQ
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE I use a Canon Rebel T3i, I used to have the XT. I love the rebel series, lots of people are pretty critical about it of course, but for me it does the job and fits nicely in my small hands. [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info on the camera.

Oscar is a cutie!!!!!!

CSR- 9/2014, POP- 5/2014, POR-9/2012, POFQ- 9/2010, POFQ- 9/2009, Caribbean Beach- 12/2008, YC- 9/2007, POR- 9/2005, Contemporary- 9/2004, CSR- 9/2003,
GF- 6/2003, CBR- 5/2001,POR- 9/2000
POR- ?, POR- ?, Off-site many times
Old 10-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #193
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Wow...what a beautiful kitten. So cute!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #194
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

We left off last time with Johnny grabbing some Safari fastpasses. Where were we off to?

Many have guessed, many have failed.

Monday, September 17, 2012
Since we were in the area and our fastpass time wasn't too far away, we decided not to go far.

A little sight-seeing, anyone?

Armed with two cameras we were off to see if the animals were playful.

The okapi were out!

We always stop to see the fish. These are African cichlids and we have many of these species home in our tank! We love pointing out which ones we have and fantasizing over which ones we want.

In the aviary we spent quite a while watching these yellow birds who were very busy making their upside down nests.

The hippo wasn't moving, as usual, but he was close enough to get a clearer shot than I usually get.
(also, yayyy more cichlids!)

Stopped by meerkat manor,

They were all on such high alert, I just wanted to make them understand that they're in Disney and nothing is going to hurt them there!

Next up: Gorillas!

Huh. Turns out the gorillas were being very boring. Oh well.

So that's the end of the trail. What time were our fastpasses good again?

Oh ok. And what time is it?

Oh! Perfect! Let's go!
Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #195
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Safari time! Things like this just kept working out for us. Our timing was impeccable.

The fastpass line didn't take very long at all and before long we were all loaded onto our truck and ready to see some animals!

I was lucky enough to get a decent look at the elusive Bongo,

The pelicans were doing pelican things and scooping up water. It was pretty neat.

Hippos were being boring.

I get a picture of these guys every safari. It always looks like they're putting so much effort into posing for pictures so I take one to make them happy.

What interesting looking animals. Left over dinosaurs.

Savannah time!

Just when we thought our pixie dust might not translate into interesting animal mojo, we ran into a very social group of giraffes.

Such beautiful eyes!

Posing pretty!

I don't really like these guys much. They killed Mufasa. Well, it was more manslaughter really, but still.

We saw this fellow walking with his trunk up like this and I said "That's supposed to be good luck to see an elephant with his trunk up!"

I can't remember where I heard that, but it wound up being a good omen for the rest of the trip!

The babies were playing

Such a pretty place!

Cheetah's laying down. What do you want to bet the lion is too?

OMG he's up! First time I've ever seen that!

At this point the lion started making noise. Then he roared. A real, honest to goodness, Simba-worthy loud lion roar.

Holy cow. Did that just happen?!?!

Oh. Sorry guys, but not much is going to top that performance by the lion.

Well safe to say that with the posing giraffes and the roaring lion, it was the best safari we've ever been on. We had such a great time! I actually didn't notice the difference without the story line until the very end when Little Red wasn't there. I definitely didn't miss it. Our driver was still talkative and pointing out animals and answering questions, but without the awkward story line to follow.

So what was next? Our tummies were starting to growl like the lion. We were on the hunt for food!

Last edited by teekathepony; 10-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: