Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #16
SC Minnie
Are we there yet???
Buying toilet paper is like flushing money down the toilet.
The folded over ones are the absolute best!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GoofyCrew View Post
What?!? Furbys are back AGAIN! Augh!
DD was 4 or 5 when Furbies were hot the first time. She had 2 and eventually she hid them under her bed because they wouldn't shut up. They would start 'talking' and when she wasn't playing with them and scare her to death LOL. I ended up selling them at a yard sale a couple of years ago for $1 each.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #17
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny Favers View Post
I already got one at Target, when it was on sale. I have no idea if my kids even want it. I worry it'll be like last year's Fijit friend... the kids looked at that for 3 minutes and then tossed it in the back of the closet.

Sigh. If you told me everyone was jumping off a bridge, I'd do that, too.
DD just had to have one of those Fijit friends. What a waste. She was excited the first day then that was it. Even now she says she wished she had listened to me and asked for something else because it was such a waste. If she asks for the Furby I will remind her of this.

I remember when the Furby's came out years ago when my sister and I were little and you couldn't get them anywhere. I called all over town and was able to find one for my sister. And when we got it home and tried to play with it, it was such a let down.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leajess99 View Post
Our Target has a bunch of them to include the purple one. They are $54 here.
Well, I spoke too soon on the price. They went up to $59.99 over night.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
tianna26
Mouseketeer

I cant believe those ugly things are back lol
Old 09-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #20
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I still have an original in its box in the basement...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #21
LOVETHATMOUSE
DIS Veteran
*~*Some LOVE from the Tag Fairy!*~*

When they came out and it was the only thing my dd asked Santa for. Maybe we got a good one, but I have to say we were able to hold conversations with it and it was very cute. However, like all the other posters here, it would wake us up in the middle of the night and scare the crap out of us. We would be sound asleep and hear "oohhhhh" in that ET voice lolol. One night my husband got up chucked it across the living room and it smashed into 1000 pieces...no more furby
Old 09-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #22
sixcats
DIS Veteran

We got our money's worth out of the original ones when we moved. My brother was riding in the back of the moving truck listening to the boxes say "Dark. Scared." the entire ride! I bought a blue one in case my youngest wants one. If not I'll keep it myself.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #23
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Do you think they are suitable toys for a five year old girl?

I have a Goddaughter who has everything...two older sisters (so every toy under the sun), and very priviledged parents who can afford the best of everything for her. I need to find her a Christmas gift and wondered if a Furby would be appropriate.

Its my sister's daughter....if the darn thing is annoying as heck, it would actually be nice to know my big sis is being driven a little nutty as the result of the gift.............I know, not nice but true!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #24
mymeme
Mouseketeer

Ordered one from Walmart. Figured I could take back if needed to. The new ones are suppose to work/interact with an iPad app.
mymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
Zhoen
Princess in Shining Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Do you think they are suitable toys for a five year old girl?

I have a Goddaughter who has everything...two older sisters (so every toy under the sun), and very priviledged parents who can afford the best of everything for her. I need to find her a Christmas gift and wondered if a Furby would be appropriate.

Its my sister's daughter....if the darn thing is annoying as heck, it would actually be nice to know my big sis is being driven a little nutty as the result of the gift.............I know, not nice but true!!!
I dunno, I think for pure irritation, Fijit would still win... but yes, even though the box says 6+, I think a 5-year-old will be fine. DSD21 had one of the originals, and it made me sooooo-oo-ooo happy to send it home with her to Texas when her visit was over....

Depending on how old the other nieces are, you might score a triple-hit... if DGD5 has it and the others start clamoring for it, your sister will be out $100+ to be triple-irritated. That would be worthy of the rotten sister hall of fame!
Zhoen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: