Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
DaniH
Earning My Ears

Disney Jr. Play & Dine or Donalds Breakfast Safari?

Hi Everyone, I'm new to disboards. I'll be going to WDW in December with my husband, my 8 yr old son & 4 yr old daughter. We've been several times but this time I wanted to make sure we tried some new places to eat. I booked Play & Dine AND Donalds Safari Breakfast along with some other restaurants but I think I have over scheduled us a bit. Any suggestions on which of the two of these breakfasts is better? The advantage I was thinking of for Play & Dine is that we get into the park early & we can get our fastpass for Toy Story Mania but I've heard the food isn't great. Anyway, opinions? Or should we go for a different character meal altogether? Thanks!
DaniH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
cseca
My legs are wimpy but my will is stronger...

If you go mainly for the food... Tusker House all the way.
If you go for the character, depends on the characters you prefer.
I think both offers different experiences.
But if I were to go to do P&D I would do breakfast because it's really hard to mess up all breakfast food.
cseca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
LoriJune
Mouseketeer

Never been to P&D, but LOVE Tusker House. Compared to breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace, the food variety was much better. We were also seated on time and the characters came around twice. And the juice there is fabulous.
The Toy Story Mania plan, though, is hard to resist. Tough call!
2013 Windsor Palms 2013 Beach Club 2012 Boardwalk 2010 Old Key West 2008 Polynesian 2005 Carribean Beach 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter 1998 Coronado Springs 1997 Carribean Beach 1992 Dixie Landings 1985 and 1979 Off Site
LoriJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

They are both good but different experiences. Tusker House has the better food and atmosphere, but Play 'n Dine has better charater interaction.

Being HS before opening for TSM as well as Jedi Training is an added bonus as well.

If I had to choose one over the other I'd choose Play 'n Dine as my DS loves Jake and Jedi Training and I love those TSM fastpasses.

teetee830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
DaniH
Earning My Ears

I think I am leaning toward Tusker House. I just can't stand to spend that much money & have the food suck! Does anyone know if they still do the kids parade with the maracas at DSB? I was watching a youtube video of it but it was from 2008 so I wasn't sure if they still did it. My 4 yr old thought it looked alot more fun than the video I showed her from P&D.
DaniH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
lovemy2girls4eva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniH
I think I am leaning toward Tusker House. I just can't stand to spend that much money & have the food suck! Does anyone know if they still do the kids parade with the maracas at DSB? I was watching a youtube video of it but it was from 2008 so I wasn't sure if they still did it. My 4 yr old thought it looked alot more fun than the video I showed her from P&D.
Yes, they still do the maracas! It was so much fun! I think the food is much much better at DSB however, my DD who is very much into Disney Jr loved Play and Dine better!
lovemy2girls4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We had the best time at H&V breakfast last month, a highlight of our trip. Food, service, and characters were great! Don't let the negative nellies scare you away.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: