Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #91
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Grand Floridian Cafe

We had a 7:00 am ADR at Grand Flordian Café. We drove over there with our rental car and arrived a little early. The parking lot was so far away from the Grand Floridian because we chose not to have it valet parked. We could have walked from the Poly! We looked around the downstairs lobby a little and then walked back to the desk and were seated:

We were the first ones there. This is a very pretty restaurant. We started out with coffee. DD ordered:

Maple Vanilla French Toast - Challah Bread dipped in Maple and Vanilla flavored Batter with Bacon or Sausage She started to dig in! I don't remember what these tasted like or if I even tasted these. DD rated them Not sure if she didn't order bacon or sausage or she did and gave it to me.
I ordered:

Eggs Benedict. Two Poached Eggs on a Toasted English Muffin, Canadian Bacon, and Hollandaise Sauce served with Asparagus. I ate some of mine too before I took the picture It also looks like I might have DD's bacon there too. This was outstanding. The blending of the hollandaise, egg and muffin was great! I finished it all except the asparagus. I couldn’t bring myself to eat them in the morning! I rated this Notice my KTTW card in the upper right. I was taking care of the bill so that when we finished we could leave and go to Hollywood Studios!
We finished here in half an hour. I can't find the receipt for this, but I looked it up and for the two meals and coffee it was $34.98 without tax and tip.
We headed back to the parking lot to get the car so that we could drive to Hollywood Studios!

NEXT UP: SNACK: STARRING ROLLS
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #92
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie.. View Post
Can't wait to try one of those pretzels!! They look delicious
They were! We bought some from EPCOT too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Everything looks so good! How fabulous that your DD had her own private winery tasting! Your drink looks great too!
I kept ordering a Chocolate Martini at each restaurant. I changed up here and there though as you will see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
I completely felt the same way about Jiko. Loved the place and the service was excellent. I loved the great wine selection and the flatbread app was amazing. The entrees were good, nothing spectacular as was the desserts. We were gonna give it another try on our upcoming trip, but decided to take it out and try Yachtsman instead.
Oh we wanted to try Yachtsman on this trip, but they were closed for refurb Hopefully we will be able to do that another trip. Will you be doing a dining review on Yachtsman after the refurb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste. View Post
the wild africa trek food looks tasty! what did the edible orchid taste like? was it a real orchid or food that looked like an orchid?
great update, can't wait for more!
It was a real orchid! It didn't have much of a taste. Sort of like lettuce without dressing!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #93
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

I love the decor at the GF Café. It seems so nice and calm.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #94
kimpup
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste. View Post
the wild africa trek food looks tasty! what did the edible orchid taste like? was it a real orchid or food that looked like an orchid?
great update, can't wait for more!
Hi Cel! It was tasty! Even they tofu which i normally would not eat was really great! mom had the flower, i just couldnt get myself to eat a purple flower!!!!
kimpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #95
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
I love the decor at the GF Café. It seems so nice and calm.
Yes it is. I liked how the lobby is decorated too. I don't know what the fragrance is but the lobby smelled so good!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #96
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Snack - Starring Rolls

We heard so much about the cupcakes at Starring Rolls that we had to try some out as a snack. We decided to try two and share.

The butterfinger cupcake! and

The chocolate peanut butter cupcake.
Here is what it looks like inside:

You can't see too much in there, but there is some peanut butter filling in there. I thought this one was good, better than the other one. They were both very sweet. I rated this one DD rated it because she loves peanut butter, but she also said it was way too sweet.
Here is the butterfingers inside:

This one was very very sweet. I rated this one DD also rated it I'm not sure if I wasn't in the mood for something very very sweet or not but this was just ok.

These were two snack credits on the dining plan. They were $3.99 each, for a total of $7.98.

We then headed for the car and off to Downtown Disney.

NEXT UP: RAGLAN ROAD.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #97
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Raglan Road

After we walked around Downtown Disney for a little while, we were ready for our 2:00 ADR at Raglan Road. This was for lunch so there were no Irish dancers. The waitress came and brought our Water:

I never take photos of water, but I liked how this had a little palm stuck into the lemon. DD wished that the waitress was from Ireland. All the waiters and waitresses at Epcot were from the Country that the restaurant represented, so she thought it would be nice there too.
Then we ordered drinks.

I ordered a chocolate Martini. This wasn't on the menu, but she said she could make one up for me. DD ordered:

One for the Road. A blend of Ciroc Vodka & Midori Melon with the juice of oranges & pineapples.
The waitress brought out bread service:

Irish soda bread. This was Dark Soda bread. Very good. This was brought out with it:

I think this is olive oil with Guinness reduction.
For appetizer we shared Calamari City - Salt ‘n’ pepper calamari & mixed tempura vegetables served with a spicy remoulade. I don't know why but I didn't have a photo of this. I enjoyed this. Maybe because I was very hungry. We ate at 7am and just tasted some cupcakes at HS.

Our Entrées:

Sod the Stew - Its beef stew infused with a hint of Guinness. The auld sod personified. This was outstanding. The beef was tender the veggies were soft. I don't know what the spices are but the flavor was excellent! I have been online looking for this recipe. I cannot find it even on Allears! I give DD also liked the stew and gave it
DD's Entrée:

Fish & Chips - beer battered fish n chips served with fresh tartar sauce. I don't remember tasting these. DD rated them

RAGLAN ROAD CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.....
Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #98
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Raglan Road Part 2

Dessert! ...and coffee. Of course we ordered:

Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding!! We poured this into that long plate and smothered it with those two sauces. Caramel and I think Vanilla. This was soooo good! Very very moist. I rated this DD said the bread pudding was amazing and rated it

DD ordered:

Dunbrody Kiss. They describe this as chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. It was very chocolatey and tasted great, but I think I was too consumed with the Bread pudding! I gave this DD said it was too sweet and chocolatey and gave it
This meal was overall great. I enjoyed the meal and atmosphere. We used 2 dining credits, one each. The total for this meal was $71.89. The drinks were $19 without tax and we paid for them with a gift card.
We were ready for shopping!

NEXT UP: TOMORROWLAND TERRACE DESSERT PARTY!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #99
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow land terrace dessert party for: Tr and dr

We spent the afternoon at DTD, got back to the Poly around 5:30 and rested up for our Dessert Party at 8:10. We took the monorail to MK and arrived at Tomorrowland Terrace before 8:00 so we waited by the entrance.

They showed us to our seat around 8:00. We had the second table right up front by the railing. I think it's because I got online so quickly when September opened up.
Our name was on the table. We went over to the dessert buffet:

One side. At the end there is an ice cream sundae set up with little bowls in front and coffee set up.

Same side. You can see the ice cream sundae fixings on the end next to the ice cream bowls.

The middle. This part had fruit too.

DD's first plate:

My first plate:

I had a creme brulee on the side and we both had ice cream sundaes.

View from our seat:

When the fireworks started, we tried to get Tinkerbell when she came close to the Tomorrowland Terrace. This is the only shot that came out, when she was close to the castle. We saw her right on top of us, when she came closer to where we were sitting. That was a great view of her so close to us!

This is a photo of the castle during the fireworks that I never saw before. It had a moon and star projection onto it.

I didn't get too many good photos of the fireworks. Here are a few:

When the fireworks started, we walked up to the railing, even though we were really close to it. I noticed some people still stayed seated. The desserts were ok. My favorites were the mango shooter, crème brulee and key lime pie. I went up for seconds of the crème brulee. The ice cream sundaes were good too. I tried the pink lemonade, which was pretty good. DD had coffee.

Overall, I really liked this party! I had a great seat, good view of fireworks and the desserts were fair to good. DD said it was worth every penny for the view!! As far as the desserts, she said she only liked the ice cream.

I would recommend this highly!

After the party, we left and went down Main Street to shop. Here are a few things we bought:

A necklace for me.

The bag that you get for $16 or so, if you buy $20 or $25 worth of merchandise. I forgot the deal. I ended up giving this to my son and daughter-in-law. Actually I'm not sure if I bought this that night or the second night we were in MK. I did buy two of these:

A huge cup with all the characters on it! This is huge and fits so much coffee in it. I gave one of these as a souvenir and one I kept!

After shopping, we headed back to the Poly by boat again. The boat was very convenient and a nice ride at night.

NEXT UP: EPCOT
Old 10-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #100
Terrie..
DIS Veteran

Those desserts look so good!! and you can't beat that view! I think the view alone is worth the price.

Love that mug!! It's the perfect size!

Terrie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #101
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to surprise my husband with this party for his birthday...the desserts looks so good. We both have a sweet tooth.
WDWaddictt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #102
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

KONA Breakfast

I was looking forward to eating breakfast here. We had a 7:30 ADR and got here a few minutes early. We had a short walk from our room to Kona. Here is what we saw on the way:

Ducks in the quiet pool!!
And this view from the bridge:

We had about a 5 minute wait and were seated. We started with Kona coffee French pressed pot:

This was outstanding coffee! I ordered:

Tonga Toast - banana stuffed sourdough bread, rolled in cinnamon sugar with bacon side. Here is the inside of the Tonga Toast:

This came with it:

Strawberry Compote. I enjoyed the Tonga toast. Crispy on the outside and mushy bananas inside. They were a little sweet. I ate all the outside and some of the insides. I rated this DD rated it: She said it was too sweet.

There is also syrup and butter there for DD's breakfast:

Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes - with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce and instead of breakfast meat, she ordered scrambled eggs for her side and they asked her if she wanted melted cheese on the eggs! I liked the pancakes with the butter and syrup. I picked around the pineapple. I rated these pancakes I didn’t taste the eggs. DD rated her breakfast: She said that they were really good and the eggs with cheese were delish! She also added that she loved the coffee in the press pots, although the coffee at Jiko was better.

This was an excellent meal. It was one credit each on the dining plan. I can't find the receipt, but looked at allears and added up what we had. It ws $30.47 without tax and tip. We were finished In less than 45 minutes and walked to the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot.

NEXT UP: Lunch Via Napoli

Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #103
Terrie..
DIS Veteran

That breakfast looks so good! We have an ADR here for January and can't wait to try it. Was there pineapple in the pancakes or just on top?

Terrie.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #104
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

The dessert party looks awesome! Ove the pictures of my favorite place.

I'm with your DD on the toast being too sweet and it was big!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #105
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Via Napoli PART 1

We had a 12:30 ADR at Via Napoli. We showed up a little early and waited about 5 minutes.

This is the chandelier in the waiting area.
We were seated and Nicholas was our waiter. He told us a story about how he and his friends were recruited by Disney to come to the US on a working visa to work in Via Napoli. He told us how people from Disney went to Italy and interviewed. He said that is how they get all the waiters and waitresses in the various restaurants in the World Showcase to come and work here. He told us that in Italy, he was a chef, and that's what he wants to do here in the US. He brought us drinks. I had:

Cannoli Martini - Biscotti liqueur, cream chocolate and crushed cannoli shell. This was very good, but as many of the drinks in Disneyworld, it was not strong. DD had:

Pinot Noir. She was so excited that this was half a carafe! He brought out the bread service:

…with dipping olive oil. The bread was warm, and ok.
For my appetizer, I ordered:

Arancini - fried risotto balls filled with mozzarella and meat ragu. These were good. I give them DD gives them:
DD ordered:

Calamari Fritti - corn-crusted rings served with spicy tomato sauce. These were also very well done! I gave this and DD gave them
She said both appetizers were great!

VIA NAPOLI CONTINUED IN NEXT POST....................

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: