Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #31
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Mk - kttk tour!! PART 1

After breakfast at Captain Cook's, we headed over to the monorail to MK. It was around 7:30 when we arrived at MK. It was pretty empty. They let us in at 7:45 for our 8:30 tour.

We headed over to the Chamber of Commerce where they gave us our name tags and a carrier to wear around our neck that held the earphones that we were to use on our tour. They also gave us a menu to order our lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

They told us to come back at 8:15. We then headed down Main Street. There were some families on Main Street with us going to their before park opening breakfast. We took many photos:

Here is DD with Walt and Minnie. She has her tour name tag on.

and me with Walt and Minnie. There is DD's shadow taking the photo. Notice the carrier around my neck. It held the earphones and receiver? Not sure if receiver is what it's called.

Couldn't resist taking a few of THE HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS:

Empty :

A few families headed for breakfast:

We walked down Main Street to the Castle and back.

DD with Goofy. I like the way she's looking at him!
Back to the Chamber of Commerce to meet up with our Tour Group.

Our Tour leader, Claire is at the door. She was very informative. She knew a great deal about the Parks and Walt Disney. We started up Main Street and she pointed out some windows with names on it and gave stories behind the windows on Main Street and in the Alcoves.

CONTINUED in the next post.......................
Old 10-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Kttk tour part 2

This is the little alcove/side street where we sat and listened to an introduction. There were around 18 - 20 people on this tour. Here is another window she pointed out on this side street:

Great stories behind these windows. She then led us out of the alcove to see this:

She told us to look up Main Street and there were people rushing up Main Street after the rope drop ceremony. It was quite a spectacle.

We walked up Main Street and she gave a constant commentary about the buildings and little things on Main Street and how it was built. The earphones came in very handy after rope drop!
We headed to Adventureland first:

We saw Peter Pan and his handler. We learned quite a bit about Adventureland. At this point we went into the Jungle Cruise. We had our own boat. We stopped and learned some things about this ride too.
We continued on and saw the back lots where they kept floats and the tunnels (utilidors) which were very interesting to me. I know some people weren't impressed on the Disboards. I was told to put away the camera No one could take photos of that area. So one last photo of:

Halloween Decorations!
We stopped to have lunch at Columbia Harbor House. DD and I sat with Claire and another woman who was solo. (She left her family back at the resort.) We learned a great deal about Claire and more Disney tidbits! DD thought she was a great tour guide
After lunch we continued on the tour and we were able to go into the back of the Haunted Mansion and walk through. We got lots of information and rode on the ride too! The ride broke down for 20 minutes while we were sitting on it! According to them it was the fault of the ghosts! There weren't long lines this day, but we got ahead of the Haunted Mansion line that happened to be there.
The tour lasted 5 hours. DD thought this was a little too long. We ended up back at the Chamber of Commerce where we got our pin.

This is a photo of the Name pin, KTTK Pin and a name plate that was on the table when we ate lunch. I took this photo at home.
After we left the tour, we went to Liberty Tree Tavern for dessert ( See DR.) We were tired after that and headed out of the park to go rest up for our dinner at Kona and night at Hollywood Studios!

NEXT UP: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS AND FANTASMIC!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #33
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

The pictures are awesome! Your trip seems to be getting better and better with each update!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #34
TIME2DISNEY
Mouseketeer

Great trip report!
Would you recommend the behind the scenes tour?
Can't wait to read your Hollywood Studios adventure!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
The pictures are awesome! Your trip seems to be getting better and better with each update!
Thank you! We had such a great time! Well it only gets better! One more tour on this trip and some neat ride photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME2DISNEY View Post
Great trip report!
Would you recommend the behind the scenes tour?
Can't wait to read your Hollywood Studios adventure!
I would highly recommend the KTTK Tour!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Hollywood Studios and Fantasmic!

After we had dinner at Kona, we took the bus to Hollywood Studios. This is the first time we took the bus. We had only taken the Monorails.

We got to HS at around 7-7:30 and headed for ToT. It was posted a 10 minute wait, but it was more like 5 minutes. I don't know why because it was so crowded that night. I wanted to try out this one in the dark and once during our day at HS. Here we are:

That's us in the back row, both in blue. Look at the two next to us. They knew when the photo was going to be taken. DD said this ride was awesome! She noticed that each time you go on it’s a different ride and this night was the best! It went very high and tossed us many times! The other times we went on weren’t as good. We got this one as a digital download. We also got 4 other rides on digital download too. Some of those are not going in this TR! Turns out this is the only photo we had of HS that night. I have more from our morning visit (to come later in this TR.)

After this we went on the Great Movie Ride. We visited Walt Disney, One Man's Dream. Very interesting exhibit! The park was very crowded. The crowd level for this night was 8.5. It was Labor Day and an EMH evening. They added on a 10:00 Fantasmic! We Went to line up for the show. We had never been to a Fantasmic! show before! It was 9:20 when we got on the line. They let us in after waiting for 25-30 minutes. I enjoyed the story and the show. DD didn't like it as much. Unfortunately, she sat next to kids that have those squirt fans! She got soaked!

After we exited Fantasmic! We went into Sweet Spells. We noticed that they had the Carrot cake cookie there. I was surprised. I thought they only sold them at The Writer's Stop. DD got this:

Rocky Road fudge. She ate this back at the Poly another night. You can see the Poly bedspread under the fudge.

We were starting to realize that evenings with EMH are really crowded. We went to some shops where I bought this:

This is inside of the mug:

I really like this mug. It holds so much coffee!! We bought some other things there too. It was almost 12 and we decided to leave HS. Again, we didn't make it to the end of EMH - 1:00 closing! We took the bus back to the Poly.

NEXT UP: Animal Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek
Old 10-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #37
Terrie..
DIS Veteran

Love that mug - especially the inside! Nice surprise when the coffee is gone!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #38
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze

Awesome updates! I love how you guys did so much!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #39
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

AK and Wild Africa Trek

We got to AK about 8:20. Rope Drop was at 9:00. We sat around awhile waiting it was very empty!

They let us through the turnstiles about 8:45. We went up to the rope:

Those are my sneakers. about five minutes before 9 they took down the ropes and two of the CMs led the way:

We headed for Dinoland and right for:

Dinosaur!! There we are in the middle row. I forgot what we were looking at, but we don't look too frightened. After this we went on:

Primeval Whirl! I thought this was fun. Not scary and wild at all. It was getting close to 10:00 so we headed over to check into the Wild Africa Trek. Our tour was 10:15 but we had to be there to check in at 10. We were a little early but they took our names and we sat in this little area to the left of Tusker House. One of our guides came over and introduced himself to us. He said you are the only ones on this 10:15 tour! We were so excited - a private tour!! Our guides were Mandy and Jason. They were knowledgeable and we learned so much! Jason used to work on the Jungle Cruise ride. He knew many corny jokes.

We went to weigh in, store our belongings and get a vest and water jug. Here we are all ready:

I got this photo from the CD we received in the mail in about a week after this tour!! Of course there was no one on the CD except us!! We walked through the Pangani Trail. Mandy had the camera and took many photos!

This is Jason explaining why the Okapi is related to the giraffe and not the zebra.

Here is the Okapi. We then went into a gate that led us to a practice bridge:

That is DD practicing. We are not tethered to anything at this point. There are no animals underneath us and it isn't very high. I took this photo of DD crossing the second bridge while I was crossing the first:

This is a photo of me taken by DD:

Here is what I saw looking down:

That is my sneaker on the bridge in the bottom of the photo. After the views of the hippos from one bridge and alligators from the other bridge, we went to get a closer look.

This is DD taking some photos on a ledge overlooking some alligators. Look at how close she is to the ledge (on the bottom of the photo)

This is another one taken from the photo CD.
We got to see the hippos like this too. We were tethered (see the wires coming out of our backs! ) Each time we came to an area, we met an expert on the animal we were viewing. So far we met the alligator expert. this is the hippo expert:

We are on the end of a ledge where the hippos are. He threw some lettuce out there, but the hippo wasn't interested. We then took off those heavy vests and kept the bottled water with us. We went on one of the jeeps. We stopped many times to get some photos.

We saw a giraffe sitting down. I had never seen one sitting before. I like this photo of the baby elephant:

I have over 100 photos of the animals. We stopped to have lunch. (I have photos of this in the dining report.) Here is the view from where we stopped to eat:

I have that yellow towel around my neck. That was a cold towel that they gave us. It was so refreshing. Here we are eating:

After lunch, we got back on the truck and saw this:

It was so close to us! At the end of the Trek we went back to the lockers to get our backpacks and posed for some photos with our Guides:

Most of the photos were corny and posed like this one! But some were posed but nice. We also got a pin that said we contributed to the Disney Wild Life Fund. This contribution was part of the fee we paid for the tour. We chose which fund we wanted our contribution to go to. This tour was outstanding! I cannot recommend it highly enough! The tour was 3 hours long and it was now 1:15.

We went out and headed off to see Its Tough to be a Bug! I like the special effects on this one and it was cool inside. We then went to see the Festival of the Lion King. What a show!!! Another must do if you haven't done it! We went into a few of the stores to see what they had. We then left to go to AKL as we had an ADR at Jiko.

We left Jiko at around 7:20 and headed back to the Poly. The laundry room was right near Tokelau, so we put in a few washes and then went to watch the Water Pageant on the beach. Right after this passed by, we saw Wishes. I thought it was a beautiful night and watching it from there was a different experience than watching it in the park. After wishes we put our laundry in the dryer and when it was done, we went back to the room to rest up for rope drop at HS!!!

NEXT UP: HS, DTD, MK - Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #40
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie.. View Post
Love that mug - especially the inside! Nice surprise when the coffee is gone!!!
Yes! A reminder of HS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
Awesome updates! I love how you guys did so much!
We did do so much, and wanted to do even more but had to cut a few things out as we went along. ~ We'll have to save it for next time!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #41
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

What a great tour. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #42
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze

I love the pictures, that tour looks great!

Tricia! it's been a long time, how are you?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #43
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Hollywood Studios

It was about 7:30 am when we finished breakfast at the Grand Floridian Café. We walked over to our car, and drove to Hollywood Studios. We got a great parking Spot at Hollywood Studios and got to the totally empty park at around 8:00.

No one here at all.

Except DD! and those two people sitting in the far right corner.

and a few CMs! We walked up to the turnstiles:

and waited here:

and took a photo of the CMs preparing for us:

It was so empty the week we were here, except for EMH nights on Labor Day weekend! We were let in at 8:45 and we headed for:

TOY STORY MANIA! I had never been on TSM before. Now I see why everyone likes it. The game can get addicting:

Our first game ever! DD's score is on the left. She won!
We grabbed FPs for TSM and headed for:

ToT! We did this the other night, but I wanted to try it during the day! It was better at night and this particular time didn't have as many bounces, but I enjoyed it. We then headed for:

Rockin Roller Coaster! This was a wild ride! This was the first time that I rode this one too. Check this out:

That’s us in the back. WILD RIDE!! But look at those two in the front. They were so relaxed!!
We headed for Star Tours where we went on that one for the first time too. I enjoyed that ride. People were taking photos in there and the CM could see them somehow. They got yelled at through a speaker system!
We headed back to TSM and went on one more time!

FP line was very very short!

And here is the sad result. DD beat me again. Her score is on the right. But at least I was accurate!!
We had quite a bit of time before we had to be at the 11:30 Beauty and the Beast show, so we stopped at Starring Rolls for some cupcakes. (See the DR for some photos of these.)
We finished up at Starring Rolls and headed to line up for the Beauty and the Beast Show. We were seated right away. I loved this show. It was like a Broadway production! It was spectacular!
We headed over to the 12:30 American Idol show. This was a lot of fun! There were three contestants, all female singers. I enjoyed the show and the voting! DD wants to do this when we go back in January!
At 1:00, we headed to the shops:

It was a little crowded by then but not too bad. I didn't buy anything. We left to go to the car and drove to downtown Disney for our ADR at Raglan Road!

NEXT UP : DOWNTOWN DISNEY
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #44
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

Downtown Disney

We drove from Hollywood Studios to Downtown Disney. It was around 1:20 or so and we got a very good parking spot between Planet Hollywood and T-Rex. We entered near Raglan Road, but we were too early for our ADR, so we started to head to the west side. We mostly window shopped but walked into Candy Cauldron to browse. We headed back to the Raglan Road area and I had to take a photo of DD in front of this store:

She wasn't very happy about taking the photo, but there's a story behind this. Since she was little I used to call her Curl and I still do! I don't know if that name came to be from me saying "My little Girl" and it turned from Girl to Curl, or because she had curls in her hair when she was that age. But I love this pic!

We then headed to Raglan Road and stopped at the Irish store, then went in to Raglan Road for lunch. After lunch, we headed to the Marketplace. We stopped into the World of Disney. I noticed they had these dresses where the skirt part was made out of dolls. I took a few photos, but they didn't come out that well.

They were very pretty. Right next door was the Lego store:

These looked so realistic!
After this we visited a few stores. Tren-D, Mickeys Pantry, Spice and Tea Store, LittleMissMatched, and Goofy's Candy Co. We bought many souvenirs. Here are some that I bought:

A Mickey Trivet for my son and daughter -in-law.
I bought one for me too, but it was stainless steel, had Mickey's profile, and I don't have a photo. I bought these for my friends in our book club:

I was searching all over for something book related. In all of Disney, they do not sell bookmarks!!! I could not believe that! We bought some other things that I don't have photos of.
We were very tired after HS, and DTD and we still had The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party that night. We headed back to the car and drove to the Poly to get some rest.

NEXT UP: TOMORROWLAND TERRACE DESSERT PARTY ~ PAGE 1 POST 1, CLICK ON THE LINK

Last edited by MLinDisney; 10-14-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #45
Terrie..
DIS Veteran

Looks llike another great day! We love TSM - can't believe this is your first time on it. We'll all have to go together in January so you can improve those scores!

DTD is always fun! Those dresses in the windows are so nice even though it's hard to get a good pic! Keep the updates coming!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: