Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Let the crazy pre-cruise dreams begin!

This happens to me every single time before we cruise. Just usually not this far before a cruise -- we don't sail until February!

In last night's dream, I managed to forget ALL our formalwear. In fact, I went to get ready for regular non-formal dinner, and realized I hadn't even packed anything other than very casual stuff. I was mortified, lol. Oh, and the elevator to get to our stateroom was the size of my living room.

I guess it's still less horrifying than the time I dreamt beofre one cruise that I had forgotten ALL my makeup...

I don't do this before regular Disney trips -- Heck, we leave for DLR a week from Friday, and our cruise isn't until February. I haven't had any crazy Disneyland dreams! Maybe it's because I know on a Disney trip that if I forget something, I can pretty easily go get another one somewhere, but on the cruise it's not like I could get makeup or a formal dress...

Just please tell me I'm not the only one, lol.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

I'm 9 days out...about a month ago I dreamt that we forgot our Palo brunch resi.

That is the first that I can remember dreaming about any vacation. However, while planning my wedding, that was a different story.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....

I always have crazy dreams pre-cruise. Always.

Most recently, I showed up at Port Canaveral without one piece of ID. Nothing. No passport, no birth cert...nothing.

And I was in my pajamas

Last edited by Kim&Chris; 09-26-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
GrumpyBelle
DIS Veteran

I have these dreams as well.

Mine usually involve me not being able to get on the ship. It docks in some sort of lake or river and I can see it, but it usually sails away without me. Our next cruise isn't until February and these dreams have already started.

8/2006 ASMu/3 night DCL, 8/2007 CBR/4 night DCL, 8/]2008 WL, 8/2009 SSR, 3/2010 AKV-Kidani, 8/2010 BWV/5 night DCL, 4/2011 AKV-Jambo/Kidani, 8/2011 DCL Alaskan, 8/2012 AKV-Kidani, 2/2013 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean/Puerto Rico, 8/2013 CSR, 11/2013 Celtic Thunder Cruise--Western Caribbean--Carnival Victory, 2/2014 AKV-Kidani, 8/2014 RCCL Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean
GrumpyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

I dreamt that I basically missed the entire cruise. As in, it was the last day I had no fun the entire week and I could not remember anything we did! I kept saying "We didn't do anything!" and my DH was like "Time to go home!"

I also dreamt they had a problem with the engines so they said everyone could go home and come back later. I didn't want to be at home and wanted to get back to the ship but my DH wanted to stay home and play video games!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
I always have crazy dreams pre-cruise. Always.

Most recently, I showed up at Port Canaveral without one piece of ID. Nothing. No passport, no birt cert...nothing. And I was in my pajamas

LOL!! Okay, that would be worse... I could at least get on the ship, and just eat dinner at Topsiders or something. And not in my pajamas.

Thanks for making me feel less of a freak.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
jahber
DIS Veteran

So funny! I had a dream the other night just because we priced out options (we aren't even booked yet!).

I had been reading about Panama Canal cruises AND reading threads about rough weather. So, don't you know it, I had a dream about sailing through the Panama Canal in 20ft seas (which makes no sense, since you aren't in a sea, but whatever!). The good news was, we never scraped the sides! The bad news was, the ship was rocking so much I was practically levitating half the time. Ha!

Before my last cruise I had a dream that the ship rolled over, as in all the way under and back up the other side. We were fine, though . We just kept on sailing as if nothing ever happened.

Maybe I should stop reading threads about bad weather ...
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post

In last night's dream, I managed to forget ALL our formalwear. In fact, I went to get ready for regular non-formal dinner, and realized I hadn't even packed anything other than very casual stuff. I was mortified, lol. Oh, and the elevator to get to our stateroom was the size of my living room.

I had the SAME dream, and I was trying to find formal wear in the gift shop!

I guess it's still less horrifying than the time I dreamt beofre one cruise that I had forgotten ALL my makeup...

This actually happened to me on my sons Make a Wish Trip. I was so busy trying to make everything perfect for him, I left my entire make-up/toiletry kit in the car. All our pictures from the trip I look exhausted- which I was
Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I dreamt that I basically missed the entire cruise. As in, it was the last day I had no fun the entire week and I could not remember anything we did! I kept saying "We didn't do anything!" and my DH was like "Time to go home"
This is funny b/c I had a similar dream to this one too, it was time to disembark and I was like, wait- I missed the whole cruise!
I guess my cruise nightmares are not as unique as I had thought. Our first trip I dreamed weekly that they we not going to let us on with just birth certs- I was so convinced, I was almost shocked when they let us on!
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: