Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
kittymamma
Earning My Ears

Oldie but goodie needs excursion advice

My DH and I are considering an eastern caribbean cruise and are wondering about available excursions for over age 70 group. We are quite able bodied but want something that has a sightseeing tour of the island without extended stops at the beach (too fair skinned for that) . Don't need to shop at our age but would like to take photos and enjoy scenery. Anybody had this experience and, if so, with whom did you book the excursion.
kittymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
sue
love my DVC

We took my parents who in their 70'2 on a Eastern cruise with Disney. We took them to Paradise point on St Thomas. It's a skytram that takes you up to the top of a peak that overlooks the pier. They have a nice little bar/ restaurant at the top with a nice patio where you can eat. They also had some beautiful parrots and other birds that you could get your photos taken with for free. They would place the birds all over you (including your head) then you could give them your camera and they would take a photo for you. You could also buy a photo from them if you didn't have your camera.

There also was a nice tour of St Thomas via bus and it would take you to the other side of the island and you could partake in Coral World ( a under water observatory). It had a small zoo type area connected to it. You can walk around and learn about sea turtles and marine life. They also have some very large aguana's there.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08 Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy 11/12,
sue is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed the Under Two Flags tour on St. Maarten. The excursion includes a bus ride from the Dutch to the French side of the island where we stopped at an open air market for about an hour for shopping and we stopped at a overlook area to take pictures of the island. The return trip took us a different way back so we got a good overview of the island. A guide was along who gave us the history and information about what we were seeing. On the return trip we had the option of getting off at downtown Phillipsburg or continuing back to the port. Those who chose to get off at Phillipsburg, the return back to the ship was on their own either by walking or taking a taxi.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Another great option at St. Maarten is Bernard's Tours. You will go places that aren't on the "Under 2 Flags" tour .

I've done both the Under 2 Flags and the bus tour of St. Thomas thru DCL--both were OK, and I'd recommend them for the oldie but goodie group...but they weren't thrilling and my teen was bored out of her mind. The bus tour of St. Thomas made stops at a couple of photo spots and one gift shop/restaurant place with a good view.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: