Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
Mamapapa
Twins fill our house with chaos, and our hearts with love.

'Ohanas + Picky Eaters...

I noticed online it states "ALTERNATIVE CHILDREN'S SELECTIONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST". Has anyone asked what the other selections are that are available to kids? My oldest son is an extreamly picky eater and I don't want to plan to visit 'Ohanas unless I know they would be able to offer him pizza or pasta. At home, he eats what we eat (or not at all), but on vacation I think even picky eaters deserve to eat what they want!!! Thank you!
2008 - POLY (1st "Family of Three" Trip) <> 2011 - PopCentury (Hurricane Irene) <> 2012 - POFQ (Mother/Daughter Trip!!) <> 2013 - Dream Cruise, 1 day MK (with Grandma) <> 2014 - AKL (with Grandma!!) <> 2015 - AoA (1st "Family of 5" Trip)
Mamapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Always mac and cheese there.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, french fries, hot dog, grilled cheese. I know I've heard those are available. No reduction in price. Haven't heard that they offer pizza.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Ohana is wonderful with picky eaters. Two of my children will not eat anything on the menu. They gave suggestions and one child chose pasta with marinara sauce and the other chose hotdogs with french fries. This is still all you can eat. They are children but disney adults. Even when they were disney children we ate there and were offered the same courtesy with the menu. The whole family leaves there full and happy. They even make special desserts if someone does not want the bread pudding. Ohana is the best IMO.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
saffsmom
Mouseketeer

my girls are both pretty picky.
happy to know that i can order them something (nuggets & hot dogs etc) familiar but i am still hoping that they will at least TRY some "real" food while we are on vacation!

first visit....surprise! @ CSR 09/30-10/06

saffsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Mamapapa
Twins fill our house with chaos, and our hearts with love.

DS isn't a fan of WDW nuggets but the hot dogs, pasta and mac&cheese should make him happy. Thanks for the fast replies everyone! And it's nice to know I'm not the only one with a "selective eater"...
2008 - POLY (1st "Family of Three" Trip) <> 2011 - PopCentury (Hurricane Irene) <> 2012 - POFQ (Mother/Daughter Trip!!) <> 2013 - Dream Cruise, 1 day MK (with Grandma) <> 2014 - AKL (with Grandma!!) <> 2015 - AoA (1st "Family of 5" Trip)
Mamapapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
Ohana is wonderful with picky eaters. Two of my children will not eat anything on the menu. They gave suggestions and one child chose pasta with marinara sauce and the other chose hotdogs with french fries. This is still all you can eat. They are children but disney adults. Even when they were disney children we ate there and were offered the same courtesy with the menu. The whole family leaves there full and happy. They even make special desserts if someone does not want the bread pudding. Ohana is the best IMO.
When your "disney adult" eats only of the kids menu do you get charged the adult price or kids price?I was wondering more about CRT,I would LOVE to go but I'm having a hard time justifying $50-$60 for a "disney adult" who will MAYBE eat the pizza.
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #8
LoriJune
Mouseketeer

They even got cereal from somewhere (the store, or Captain Cook's) for my toddler...
2013 Windsor Palms 2013 Beach Club 2012 Boardwalk 2010 Old Key West 2008 Polynesian 2005 Carribean Beach 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter 1998 Coronado Springs 1997 Carribean Beach 1992 Dixie Landings 1985 and 1979 Off Site
LoriJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #9
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
When your "disney adult" eats only of the kids menu do you get charged the adult price or kids price?I was wondering more about CRT,I would LOVE to go but I'm having a hard time justifying $50-$60 for a "disney adult" who will MAYBE eat the pizza.
At family style restaurants - you aren't charged by what you eat, but rather - how old you are. So at CRT the Disney adult will be charged the adult price.

Or else I suspect that MANY CRT patrons would begin to only order from the kids menu.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
When your "disney adult" eats only of the kids menu do you get charged the adult price or kids price?
Adult price. There's no reduction in price for alternative menus at a fixed price restaurant. You're charged according to your age, not according to what you eat.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #11
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Adult price. There's no reduction in price for alternative menus at a fixed price restaurant. You're charged according to your age, not according to what you eat.
Wishful thinking on my partCan my 10 year old order from the kids menu like coral reef Thanks for the info, ds has sensory issues and will not eat many things especially if the LOOK different than what he is use to.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymolmom View Post
At family style restaurants - you aren't charged by what you eat, but rather - how old you are. So at CRT the Disney adult will be charged the adult price.

Or else I suspect that MANY CRT patrons would begin to only order from the kids menu.
Now if they offered a dessert only meal at CRT that would work
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsharon View Post
I have always been charged "disney adult" prices. However, they fed them adult portions of kids menu food. Not tiny child portions. Yes, it is still a lot money for pizza, pasta, hot dogs. But they still have to eat. Even Whispering Canyon made an "disney adult" portion of grilled cheese. It was 2 grilled cheese sandwiches with fries. HTH
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
magsmum
Mouseketeer

My oldest was diagnosed with a moderate to severe sensory/oral motor feeding disorder. I spoke directly with the restaurant before making a reservation to make sure my son would be able to eat there without an issue (he was 10 at the time). The waitress gave him an extremely hard time for ordering off the set menu. I will never set foot in that restaurant again. We had terrrible service in general. We chose not to speak to the manager b/c my son was feeling sensitive enough without us making an issue out of it. I know in my head this was a one-time fluke experience, but I will never return.
magsmum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: