Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

Hollywood & Vine

A week or so ago someone posted on Theme Park Attractions and Strategies about a rumor that Hollywood & Vine is about to switch over to Captain Hook, Smee, Jake, and Izzy for their character meals.

I searched and searched for the thread, to no avail! Anyone heard about this?

I certainly hope it's true for the sake of my Hook-loving DD4!!! Hehehe!

TIA!!!

DH32~Kevin, Me~Miranda, DD5~Jubilee
Miranda Danda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

Before they change the characters, they really need to do something about the food. This was by far the worst restaurant I ate at last month (dinner).
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvptravels View Post
Before they change the characters, they really need to do something about the food. This was by far the worst restaurant I ate at last month (dinner).
Uh oh! I've never eaten there before. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
j71
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if H&V has charatcers for dinner?

Thx!
j71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
McDubbs
Disneyphile

Quote:
I was at DHS a couple years ago on Christmas Day, and had dinner at Hollywood and Vine. The food was so-so, and I wound up with food poisoning. I will never eat there again!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I have never eaten there before but I have seen nothing but poor reviews about how awful the food is. I would head over to the restaurants board to find reviews.

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

We had breakfast there a month ago and the food was just fine. Good, selection, hot and tasty. I believe Kenny the Pirate posted the rumor of the possible character change, no confirmation. Same current Disney Jr. characters for breakfast and lunch.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
riostoker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Danda View Post
A week or so ago someone posted on Theme Park Attractions and Strategies about a rumor that Hollywood & Vine is about to switch over to Captain Hook, Smee, Jake, and Izzy for their character meals.

I searched and searched for the thread, to no avail! Anyone heard about this?

I certainly hope it's true for the sake of my Hook-loving DD4!!! Hehehe!

TIA!!!
Seems like that would really restrict who would be interested in going there. If your kids don't like Jake and the Neverland Pirates, there would be no reason to go. With a variety of characters from 2-3 different shows, they would attract more people. I would LOVE to see Doc McStuffins there! (and Izzy too)
riostoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

We haven't gone there in several years and may be only for breakfast (maybe once for lunch), but I don't think we've ever had BAD food. I think we had a bad server once though.

It's not among my favorites anyways but it was sort of a traditional "Last Day at WDW" meal for a while. My youngest has generally outgrown the characters though.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #10
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Two hours after dinner [Sept. 20th]............JVPT., I will second your vote.
Husurdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #11
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Had breakfast at H&V in early August. Thought the breakfast selection was good and the food was hot and fresh. We enjoyed the fact that is was much less crowded than other character breakfasts we had been to on that trip. Having characters from different shows, (Jake, Oso, June, Manny) made it more enjoyable as well because they were able to vary the interactive portions for the kids, and not have the same sing-a-long or parade over and over.

If this rumored change is to get more people to eat there, then they should consider adding Doc McStuffins. I read not too long ago that it's the most popular Disney Jr. show. I still wonder why they don't have a Toy Story character meal?? I could see that being extremely popular.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
Lake_Mary
Mouseketeer

I agree with the updating of characters. Seems like Disney is always a step behind their own popularity! We took my DD5 there when she was a baby, and they still had JoJo's circus characters at H&V even after the show was off the then Playhouse Disney. Currently Doc McStuffins is a huge hit IMO!

2/11/12 Magic Eastern, Pirates IN the Caribbean Cruisers

Fantasy booked! 3/2/2013 Sailing away on the Western Itinerary
Lake_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
Miranda Danda
DIS Veteran

My DD4 (and I) would looooove to see Doc McStuffins there! Love her!

Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #14
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick
We had breakfast there a month ago and the food was just fine. Good, selection, hot and tasty. I believe Kenny the Pirate posted the rumor of the possible character change, no confirmation. Same current Disney Jr. characters for breakfast and lunch.
Ya I ate the breakfast there and it wasn't bad there were a lot of things to choose from
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
Shannon12
Mouseketeer

Just did lunch there a couple of weeks ago, and I dont get the bad reviews! It was perfectly adequate for a buffet. We didnt eat anything that made us say ewww gross. It was much better than when we did a Chef Mickeys lunch a few years ago. Maybe my expectations were low because of the bad reviews, but it really wasnt bad. My VERY picky husband thought it was decent too...

Shannon12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: