Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Have a great trip!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #32
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Hope you are having an amazing trip! Love the pics you have been sending in to our "live report" thread. Cant wait for the reviews
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #33
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Hello everyone!! We are having a great foodie trip!! I just looked at my must have snack list though and guess what?!?! Ive only had 2!! I may need to do a run around the world to gather up a few more before we leave tomorrow!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #34
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!! I am back!! Well I have been for a week now! However I've had a major case of the Disney Blues mixed with missing my hubby blues and an overall feeling lost time. I am trying to crawl out and of the hole and proceed with my reports! I've started my TR here! And will proceed with my DR in this thread. I will be posting some of my dining stuff in my TR as it is such a big part of my trip so don't feel like you are experiencing Deja Vu if it seems familiar lol!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Travel Day Food!

Alright... Lets get going!!

I will start out by saying not only will this all look familiar if you are following my TR but also if you are following Barb's Live Report thread as most of this is posted there as well!!

At the airport I was looking for something to eat as I was already hungry and I had a long day ahead of me! I decided on The Britt as it was really close to my gate lol. It's a pub(ish) and in going to a pub I should have ordered pub food! Instead I got a chicken ceaser wrap with french fries.

The Fries were delicious. Hot and Crispy! The wrap... not so much, the tortilla itself was limp and soggy and totally worthless...
Therefore my wrap became a salad!

It was much more edible as a salad!

Then once on the airplane I had this wonderful gourmet meal!

At the Denver airport my main goal was to surprise my DH with my seeing him several hours sooner than he expected!

We then proceeded to order a few drinks (okay, so he had already had a few before I even got there!)

And the time flew till it was time to head to the gate to board the plane!

Once up in the air we ordered a few more drinks...

And some snacks...

(that's a healthy dinner right?!?!)

Yeah... our noon meals and snacks didn't hold us much and we were kinda hungry when we landed in Orlando. We decided we would just order a Pizza. It just so happens while I was checking us into our room the Pizza Hut delivery guy was in the lobby so my hubby placed an order...

This is what we got!

Typical Pizza Hut food. I think we only ended up eating a bit more than you see missing from the box! My husband ordered a bit much lol!

And there is our wonderful Travel Day food!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #36
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm in! I hope your hubby was super surprised!

Jill in CO
Old 11-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #37
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hi Paula! I have been soooo anxiously awaiting the start of your dining report!!! I can't believe I missed it yesterday.
But I'm here now and for the duration!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #38
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #39
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Really looking forward to the rest of your reviews!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #40
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!! Can't wait for more!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #41
xkaittloveex
Mouseketeer

Joining in!
xkaittloveex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #42
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I did see some of your pics on the live report, but looking forward to getting more details. I love your nails, they would match Minnie's dress. How perfect for Disney!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #43
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! I hope your hubby was super surprised!

Jill in CO
He was!! And it was great being able to arrive in Orlando with him instead of an hour after him! The flight time really went fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hi Paula! I have been soooo anxiously awaiting the start of your dining report!!! I can't believe I missed it yesterday.
But I'm here now and for the duration!
No problems Barb!! You didn't really miss much!! Hopefully I can get a Disney food update done soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
Can't wait to read more!
Hopefully I don't make you wait too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Really looking forward to the rest of your reviews!
I can't wait to share them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Subscribing!! Can't wait for more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkaittloveex View Post
Joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Joining in! I did see some of your pics on the live report, but looking forward to getting more details. I love your nails, they would match Minnie's dress. How perfect for Disney!
Thanks! I loved my nails!! I wish I could afford to have them done all the time!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #44
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Biergarten

We arrived in Germany a bit early for our ADR.

We were finally going to get our first taste of Disney food and I was happy!!

We decided to get a couple of shots to celebrate and hubby got one of the HUGE beers! Both shots were the Apple one! Really good!! (Last week I was having trouble sleeping and my DH said to have a shot lol, I said... Ohhh, I wish I had the apple one from Biergarten lol! Although it's not very potent so I would probably need half the bottle to be able to sleep!! )

My First plate of food!

Some of the items included Warm Potato Salad, Cucumber Salad, Meatball, Chicken, Pretzel Roll, green beans, pickles and cured meats, sauerkraut, schnitzel, and one of the german sausages. Everything was absolutely delicious except the Pretzel roll was dissapointing as it was hard and dry and the german sausage (which I usually love!) tasted weird to me.

Hunter had much the same food as myself and also enjoyed pretty much the same things!

My second plate of food!

This plate included two types of spaetzel (yum!!), watermelon, mac and cheese, more german potato salad, and some roast pork with a chutney. I loves all of this except the mac and cheese. The pasta was WAY overcooked for me and I just couldn't handle that!

Hubby's second plate

He went back for more meatballs, spaetzel, mac and cheese, and a pretzel roll. His first pretzel roll had gotten mushy due to sauce on his first plate so he thought he would try again to discover that it wasn't worth it... He liked everything else he picked up this time except the spaetzel. I ended up eating that for him while he ate my mac n cheese!

While enjoying our food we were able to also enjoy some entertainment!

Need a nipple for that?!?

Open wide!

Cheers!!

I had another of the apple shots while DH switched to Jaegermeister!

And of course you can't go to Germany without some Apple Strudel!

The Bavarian Cheesecake was also quite tasty!!

And my hubby can't help but get others around us drinking so he had to de-virginize the girl across the table who had never had Jaeger before!

A Very blurry cheers!

I think DH and I ended up doing a couple more shots lol!
We thoroughly enjoyed our Biergarten meal!! We would definitely return!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #45
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Hello. Hoping to have the 3D Dessert Party Review up later today or tomorrow.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: