Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

DDP Dining Review for 13 day trip - Day #10 Cont'd & Day #11 Updated 11/3/13

Cast of Characters -

Me - - 33 year old, who loves Disney trip planning, eating at Disney, and shopping. This is our first trip this year, but not our last since we are upgrading to APs. We plan to come back for a 6 day trip for Thanksgiving and hoping buy DVC resale pretty soon. I am the planner and the foodie for our trip, though my tastes are pretty simplistic and picky. I love pasta, bread, chicken, and desserts! I would do DDxP each trip (have the last 3 trips), but DH wants less sit-down meals and more snacks & quick service.

DH - - 33 year old, who is my high school sweetheart. This is our 5th trip together in the last 16 years, but we are planning to come much more often in the future. Though, we are limited when we can go since DH is a teacher. He loves pin trading - wears them on his ties to school - and is a Disney trivia and movie buff. He is very excited for two weekends of Star Wars Weekends! DH is not quite as picky as me and he usually finishes eating whatever I don't want or like. Plus he is used to me stealing what I decide I do like. We plan to share a lot of snacks this trip.

DD - - 4 year old little girl that is all princess. This is her 4th trip and she loves fruits, veggies, pizza, chicken nuggets, and French fries. Rapunzel, Ariel, Tinker Bell, and Marie are her favorites!

DM - my mom is coming June 4th through 9th with my mother-in-law. She is the most adventurous eater of us - she loves fish, fruits, veggies, and dessert.

DMIL - my mother-in-law is staying with my mom. We hope to have adjoining rooms at Pop Century. She is a vegetarian and does not eat chocolate (I don't know how she survives)!

I have packed a lot into this trip, including a bunch of new experiences for our family or at least my DH. My DD & I did a girls weekend last October for MNSSHP, which was not happy he missed. I was also a bad wife and went to DW for Leap Day 2012 without him. We both want to go for Leap Day 2016! We have to catch him up on some experiences. I purchased PPP for the second time, so we have a ton of character meals. I especially love my character breakfasts! We also have planned to attend Star Wars Weekends for both weekends we are there, Wishes Dessert party, Behind the Seeds tour, Keys to the Kingdom tour, Pirate League Mermaid package for DD, Pirates & Pals Fireworks voyage, plus adventures and new snacks along the way. Also added Wonderland Tea Party for our DD4.

Stay tuned for a list of table service and quick service restaurants planned for the next post....
All-Star Movies 12/2000 Pop Century 12/2006 All-Star Movies 11/2010 Pop Century 11/2011 Pop Century - Leap Day 2012 Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms & MNSSHP - September 2012 Pop Century June 2013 Disney Wonder - 1st DCL cruise March 2014 Pop Century - 24 hour party May 2014 Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms/Beach Club DVC Villas - June 2014 for 12 days Boardwalk DVC Villas MNSSHP October 2014 Beach Club Villas Dec 2014 Beach Club Villas March 2015

Last edited by Dopey4Life; 11-03-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Changes
Dopey4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Table-Service & Quick-Service Line-up for 13 days

TS Restaurants include:
Hollywood & Vine - Breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine-In - removed
1900 Park Fare - Breakfast & Dinner
Le Cellier - replaced with Yak & Yeti, which was also then removed
Chef Mickey's - Breakfast
Via Napoli
Tusker House - Breakfast
Mama Melrose
Akershus - removed, but then added back in later on in the trip
Les Chefs
Tony's Town Square - removed
T-Rex
Teppan Edo
Crystal Palace - Breakfast - removed and replaced with Cape May Café breakfast
Here's the day-by-day breakdown with QS meals added in too:

Saturday, June 1st - fly in to MCO from Ohio at 2:30 pm
We will take the Magical Express to Pop Century to check in and then head straight to Hollywood Studios for our first Star Wars Weekends visit.
First stop at Hollywood Studios is to check and see if Toy Story Mania has any fast passes left, then to pick up our Photopass Plus and upgrade our MYW tickets to APs - now on to the food.
We planned low-key this evening in case our flight gets delayed. Dinner at Pizza Planet with the cupcake for dessert!
Then, we wil probably grab a snack when we get a seat for HyperSpace Hoopla. I will post a list of the snacks we plan to get.
All-Star Movies 12/2000 Pop Century 12/2006 All-Star Movies 11/2010 Pop Century 11/2011 Pop Century - Leap Day 2012 Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms & MNSSHP - September 2012 Pop Century June 2013 Disney Wonder - 1st DCL cruise March 2014 Pop Century - 24 hour party May 2014 Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Rooms/Beach Club DVC Villas - June 2014 for 12 days Boardwalk DVC Villas MNSSHP October 2014 Beach Club Villas Dec 2014 Beach Club Villas March 2015

Last edited by Dopey4Life; 07-07-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Double-post
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Table-Service & Quick-Service Line-up for 13 days

Sunday, June 2nd - we are heading to Hollywood Studios by 7 am to see the Storm Troopers.
9:25 am ADR at Hollywood & Vine for DD4.
1:20 pm ADR at Sci-Fi Dine-In to get out of the heat and have an appetizer. Planning to share the Spinach & Artichoke dip since we had a buffet breakie.
Dinner - sharing a QS meal of macaroni & cheese hot dog from Fairfax Fare and a cheese pizza meal from Catalina Eddie's to share with DD.
9 pm ADR for Wishes Dessert party - Yeah, so excited! Can't wait for the chocolate covered strawberries!

Monday, June 3rd - eating with some characters, then heading to Epcot.
9:40 am ADR at 1900 Park Fare - DD & I love this breakfast, so we are taking DH for the first time.
Lunch Is either sharing a QS meal of orange chicken at Lotus Blossom Cafe in China or a QS meal or two with DD & DH at La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. We will do the other later in the week. We are definitely getting the churros as our dessert!
5:15 pm ADR - hopping over to Animal Kingdom for our first time at Yak & Yeti.

Tuesday, June 4th - up bright and early for characters and then hopefully MK rope drop!
7:35 am ADR for Chef Mickey's, which we are planning to take a taxi to and arrive a few minutes early. We want to try to make rope drop at MK still, but we have other days we can make rope drop for sure.
Lunch - the moms (DM & DMIL) fly in mid-morning and should be to Magic Kingdom in time for a late lunch. We are planning for Be Our Guest QS meals and snacks for this day. I really just want the french onion soup and to see inside.
Dinner - Pinocchio Village Haus for QS meals is the plan for dinner, but that may change to Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe depending on where we are in the park.

Wednesday, June 5th - Epcot day with the moms
Breakfast - grab QS meals or snacks at the Pop food court.
11:15 am - we are all doing the Behind the Seeds tour at the The Land - I am very excited! I love the Living with the Land ride!
Lunch - DH does not like Sunshine Seasons (I know, it is crazy, but please don't leave my thread just for that), so we are going to Electric Umbrella for a couple QS meals of burgers and chicken nuggets. I will be saving room for snacks and dinner!
4:30 pm ADR at Via Napoli - love it! I know I am having Aracnini as an appetizer and the Lemon sorbet for dessert. I can't decide between the Candele and the Mezze Rigatoni alla Crema con Pollo - I think DH & I will share those two!

Thursday, June 6th - characters and animals today! On to Animal Kingdom!
8:30 am pre-rope drop ADR at Tusker House - the moms love this buffet and it is all of our favorite breakfast buffet. DH will probably run out during the meal to get us fastpasses to the safari.
Lunch - we are planning to share a couple QS meals between Pizzafari for DD and Yak & Yeti. I can't wait to try the Honey chicken - I am hoping it tastes like PF Changs.
5:50 pm ADR at 1900 Park Fare, which will be the first time for DH and the moms. We are all looking forward to seeing Prince Charming, the Step-mother, and the step-sisters. Plus I ordered a dark chocolate Cinderella's slipper dessert and a mini-cake with a dark chocolate castle topper for DH & I's make-up trip for 10th anniversary and our 11th anniversary. Can't wait!

Restaurants in pink are new for us to try this trip!

Last edited by Dopey4Life; 05-22-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: ADR update
Old 03-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Dining Plan continued

Friday, June 7th - Keys to the Kingdom day!
Breakfast - grab QS meal or snack at the Pop Century food court.
9 am Keys to the Kingdom for DH & I, which includes lunch at Columbia Harbour House.
The moms and DD have a 12 pm ADR for Tony's Town Square.
2:55 pm - DD has a reservation for the Mermaid package at Pirates League.
Dinner - probably at Pecos Bill.

Saturday, June 8th - Star Wars Weekend day
Head to see the Storm Troopers at 7 am with the moms.
Breakfast - either have grabbed something at Pop Century food court or stop at Starring Rolls, depending on how hungry we are.
1:30 pm ADR for Mama Melrose - can't wait to see DD get the spaghetti cupcake!
Dinner - share a few QS meals at Backlot Express.

Sunday, June 9th - Breakfast at Epcot before the moms leave, then head to DTD.
Breakfast - we are going to walk over to Art of Animation to look around and get breakfast before the moms leave to catch the Magical Express back to MCO.
For lunch, we are going to check out Beach Club to see if we like it to buy DVC. Plus we will try Beaches & Cream. We have never been there and plan to share a little food and ice cream before we head to Downtown Disney.
5:30 pm ADR for T-Rex. My DD & I ate here twice last October. I loved the lasagne! We want to take DH to check it out!

Last edited by Dopey4Life; 05-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

I'm looking forward to this. We're down there at the same time and eating at some of the same places.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer

Enjoy your trip. Sounds awesome so far. We will be Disneymooning the same time your family is there (June 3-10). If you want to see our itinerary the link to it is below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #7
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Monday, June 10th - Another Epcot day!
Breakfast - grab QS meals or snacks at the Pop Century food court.
1:30 pm ADR at Les Chefs de France - hope to get to meet Remy! I am so excited for the Soupe a l'oignon gratinee (French Onion soup) and the Gratin de Macaroni (macaroni baked with cream & gruyere chese) - Yum!
Dinner - we are going to share a for QS meals from Katsura Grill.

Tuesday, June 11th - Sleep in and then another MK day!
Breakfast - sounding like a broken record, but probably grab QS meals or snacks from Pop Century food court.
11:30 am ADR at Tony's Town Square - we always like Tony's! It is not as good as Via Napoli, but we are still loyal and we love the Lady & the Tramp theme.
2 pm reservation for Wonderland Tea Party at Grand Floridian for DD with Alice and the Mad Hatter, plus an hour to relax for DH and I.
Dinner - grab a late dinner at Contempo Cafe.
8:45 pm reservation for the Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage. I am very excited about this and will definitely post on the snacks we receive.

Wednesday, June 12th - This is a catch-up day - Hollywood Studios/DTD/Epcot
Breakfast - either Starring Rolls or a snack on the go.
Heading for a last fastpass for Toy Story Mania.
Lunch - off to Downtown Disney for Wolfgang Puck Express .
5:50 pm ADR for Teppan Edo, which is not my DH's favorite restaurant, but he humors me. He doesn't think there is anything wrong with Teppan Edo, but wants me to try different restaurants instead. I just love Teppan Edo!

Thursday, June 13th - Our last day is, of course, being spent at Magic Kingdom!
Rope drop to catch any last minute rides or old favorites - we love Buzz Lightyear Spin!
9:55 am ADR at Crystal Palace for our last table service and character meal!
We will probably grab some food for the flight home before we board the dreaded Magical Express mid-afternoon for the ride back to MCO!

Stay tuned for our lists of snacks to tackle during these 13 days...

Last edited by Dopey4Life; 05-15-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #8
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Same time - similar line-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
I'm looking forward to this. We're down there at the same time and eating at some of the same places.
I am interested to hear where you are staying at, for how long, and where you are planning to eat at too. Thanks for tuning into my thread!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Happy Disneymoon to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
Enjoy your trip. Sounds awesome so far. We will be Disneymooning the same time your family is there (June 3-10). If you want to see our itinerary the link to it is below.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041090
I hope you have a wonderful wedding and Disneymoon. Congratulations to you both and enjoy every moment together! I love that we both have fun, but busy itineraries!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #10
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

We are staying at POR June 6-14. I have a PTR that gives more details (That's a Whole Lotta Micke Waffles) that gives more details of my trip. We are also doing a lot of the same things, though on different days. We'll be doing Star Wars Weekends on the 7th. We're eating at Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package. We'll be at Epcot on the same day, though not until the evening. We are also doing the Pirates and Pals Cruise, but on the 9th. We are eating at:
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Mama Melrose
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Be Our Guest (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Biergarten
Cape May Clambake
Yak and Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern
Via Napoli

We may be canceling Via Napoli, but I'm keeping it for now.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
We are staying at POR June 6-14. I have a PTR that gives more details (That's a Whole Lotta Micke Waffles) that gives more details of my trip. We are also doing a lot of the same things, though on different days. We'll be doing Star Wars Weekends on the 7th. We're eating at Mama Melrose with the Fantasmic package. We'll be at Epcot on the same day, though not until the evening. We are also doing the Pirates and Pals Cruise, but on the 9th. We are eating at:
Hoop-Dee-Doo
Mama Melrose
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Be Our Guest (dinner)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Biergarten
Cape May Clambake
Yak and Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern
Via Napoli

We may be canceling Via Napoli, but I'm keeping it for now.
I love POR - my DD and I stayed there in October. Your trip sounds great. I will definitely check out your PTR. I can't wait to hear about your dinner at Be Our Guest, Biergarten, and Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. I am thinking of some of those for our Thanksgiving trip - it will be great to see what you think.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Our List of Snacks to share...

My DH and I plan the sample the following during our 13 day trip...

Hollywood Studios
Red Velvet cupcake - Starring Rolls
Butterfinger cupcake - Starring Rolls

Chocolate dipped Pretzel covered w/Mini M&M's - Candy Calderon
Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake - Primetime 50's Cafe/Lounge

Magic Kingdom
Dole Whip - Ahola Isle - I prefer the orange soft-serve
LeFrou's Brew - Gaston's
Mickey Pretzel - Lunching Pad or Frontierland Churro
Churro - Frontierland Churro
Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel - Lunching Pad

Epcot
Chocolate or Sugar Crepe - Crepes des Chefs de France
Caramel Corn - Karamell-Kuche
Milk Chocolate Covered Caramel w/ Sea Salt - Karamell-Kuche
Doofenslurp
Kaki-gori - Kabuki cafe

Animal Kingdom
Fried Rice - Yak & Yeti
Brownie Paw - Kusafiri Coffee

Miscellaneous or at Multiple Locations - additional snacks if we have time or appetite
Apple Turnover
Cheese Danish
Cake Pop
Funnel Cake

Snacks listed above in pink are new for us to try.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

Following along - Love reading everyones dining/trip reports! We will be down there some of the same dates! Our chef de france ADR is at 2:00 the day you will be there

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #14
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Your snack choices look yummy. I want to eat a Mickey pretzel for sure. I'd like to try the paw brownie too. Those are new. A carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop is at the top of our list.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #15
Dopey4Life
Mouseketeer

Disboards Meet-up?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
Following along - Love reading everyones dining/trip reports! We will be down there some of the same dates! Our chef de france ADR is at 2:00 the day you will be there
That is very cool that you will be at Les Chefs within an hour of us. We should at least say Hi or get a picture to post. How long are you staying for? Where else are you eating at?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: