Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #1396
jabead
DIS Veteran

And another update from JessiLynn, this one from their dinner last night at Epcot's...

San Angel Inn

Carne Asada a la Tampiqueña
Grilled beef tenderloin served with cheese enchilada, black refried beans, red bell pepper, onion, Mexican rice and guacamole.

JessiLynn said, "DH and Mom got the Carne Asada. They both enjoyed it."

Tacos de Pescado
Fish tacos served with chipotle lime aioli, cabbage, lime and green tomatilla sauce, all served over flour tortillas

JessiLynn said, "I had the Tacos de Pescado. These were sooo good!

JessiLynn said, "For dessert, we all had the cheesecake. This was voted the best cheesecake on property by all of us. The fresh fruit and caramel really made it a perfect dessert."

Then she said, "Because its our last night and we don't plan on coming back to Epcot tomorrow, we decided to share a Caramel Corn from the Karamell Kuche."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 7 for San Angel Inn in Mexico
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 5 for Karamell Kuche in Germany

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 12-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #1397
jabead
DIS Veteran

And that just leaves 3 updates emailed to me by Rarity from home. Her trip ended on Saturday, but she still had a few more to send our way.

The first one is from their dinner last Monday night at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

Boma

Rarity said, "This is my first plate - from the top going clockwise, I had the beef and lamb bobotie, the lamb curry with basmati rice, a piece of mealie cornbread, and the curry pasta salad. It was all delicious, but the lamb curry was my favorite. I wanted to load an entire plate with just that."

Rarity said, "This is my second plate - again from the top going clockwise. I tried the shrimp couscous, couscous with dried fruit and nuts, more of the lamb curry , and the pork loin with the spicy mustard sauce. The shrimp couscous was very fresh and light. The pork loin was good, but the spicy mustard sauce was what really made it."

Rarity said, "This is my dessert plate. I of course had to try the zebra domes, which were was amazing as I had heard. I also tried the bananas foster bread pudding with chocolate rum sauce."

"And for something completely different, this pic is the birthday cake I ordered for my sister. It was made by the Boardwalk Bakery, and was carrot cake with mocha mouse and vanilla buttercream. We ate slices almost every morning for breakfast. Six days later, and it's still moist and flavorful."

Birthday Cake from the Boardwalk Bakery

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 1 for Boma at AKL
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Boardwalk Bakery cake

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #1398
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next up is from Rarity's lunch last Tuesday at Downtown Disney's...

Wolfgang Puck Express

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with mashed potatoes, port wine sauce and topped with crispy onion rings

Rarity said, "This my meal, the bacon-wrapped meatloaf. This is awesome! The onion strings were not greasy at all, the bacon added a lot of flavor, and I tried to get a bit of the sauce on everything."

Spicy Chicken Pizza with roasted red and yellow peppers, chili oil, mozzarella cheese, tomato, leeks, crushed chilies, and fresh cilantro.

Rarity said, "This is my sister's meal, the spicy chicken pizza. She liked the crust, but said it wasn't as spicy as she was expecting. Didn't stop her from devouring it all, though."

Rarity said, "This is our dessert, the creme brulee. It was creamy, and exactly what we needed after our meals."

Rarity added, "I've also got a picture of us with Pere Noel. Someone in the crowd commented on how hot he must be in that coat (it was humid and at least 80 degrees that day), and my sister blurted out, "That's how his cheeks stay so rosy!"

Rarity, her DS, and Pere Noel (the Epcot Storyteller from France)

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for pic of Rarity

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for Wolfgang Puck Express

Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #1399
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then our last update from yesterday was from Rarity's dinner on Friday night at the Polynesian Resort's...

'Ohana

Rarity said, "This is of our half-eaten bread. I had left to go to the restroom, and by the time I made it back to the table, my sister had already dug right in. It was delicious, but we had to stop at one loaf to keep from filling ourselves up before the rest of the meal."

Rarity said, "These pics are of our salad and lo mein noodles and broccoli. Neither of us are very big fans of lo mein, but we really enjoyed these. They were a lot lighter than either of us expected. The broccoli was cooked just right."

Rarity said, "This is our half-devoured plate of pot stickers and wings. Again, my sister dove in before I could snap a picture. Needless to say, we were members of the Clean Plate Club. I didn't manage to get a picture of any of the meats because, by that point, we were starting to go into a meat coma. All of the meats were fresh off the grill. My personal favorite was the chicken with the peanut sauce."

Rarity said, "Finally, we have the bread pudding, with a candle to celebrate my sister's birthday. I kindly refrained from just pulling the entire bowl over to myself. It was every bit as amazing as I've read, and I hope it's the first of many I get to enjoy."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 5 for 'Ohana at the Polynesian

Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #1400
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have spun the Roulette wheel and here were the winning numbers for Dec. 16th.

Magic Kingdom: Group 2, 6
Epcot: Group 1, 5
Hollywood Studios: Group 5
Animal Kingdom: Group 3
Downtown Disney: Group 1
Resorts: 2, 8

Here were the 17 bets placed yesterday:

emmebear - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 1 for Boma at AKL
grrrlennyl - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 1 for Coral Reef in Future World WINNER
grrrlennyl - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 1 for Future World Coffee & Pastry Cart WINNER
DisWishes720 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Yorkshire Shop at UK
DisWishes720 -2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 4 for Teppan Edo at Japan
emmebear - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 2 for CRT WINNER
emmebear - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 2 for Storybook Treats WINNER
emmebear - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 5 for The Lunching Pad
krhst25 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 2 Africa Almond cart
krhst25 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 3 for Flame Tree WINNER
JessiLynn015 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for Wolfgang Puck Express WINNER
JessiLynn015 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 7 for San Angel Inn in Mexico
JessiLynn015 - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 5 for Karamell Kuche in Germany WINNER
Rarity - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 1 for Boma at AKL
Rarity - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Boardwalk Bakery cake WINNER
Rarity - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for Wolfgang Puck Express WINNER
Rarity - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 5 for 'Ohana at the Polynesian

Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #1401
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

debrapagliasotti

debrapagliasotti - Debra and her family (2 adults, 2 Disney adults & 2 kids) will be taking a holiday trip to Disney World this year! They will be at the Boardwalk from 12/18 - 12/28. During their 10 night/11 day trip they will be on the Deluxe Dining Plan and have 27 ADRs and a whopping 120 snack credits to use!!! Here is Debra's PTR and her Dining Plans.

Debra has offered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Debra & family!!!
Thank you so much Barb!! We are super excited!! We are driving to the airport hotel today after kids get out of school and fly out first thing in the morning. I have your info in my phone and will be sending updates starting tomorrow (assuming the WDW wi-fi cooperates )
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #1402
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was from wildelady.

Yesterday she and her son were at Epcot and had breakfast at...

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

wildelady said, "We started the day at Akershus, really good breakfast, the potato casserole is amazing, everything you read about this is true. We also had our first bit of pixie dust when James led the Princess procession with Cinderella, he was so proud."

I think this is a Doofenslurper from the Fife & Drum Tavern???

wildelady said, "The Doofenschirmtz drink is frozen raspberry and is meant to have a foam on top but James didn't want the foam. It was $9.50 inc tax."

Then dinner was at Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

wildelady said, "This was our first time here for dinner. It was really good, and has great choices."

Then she said, "During MVMCP we stopped at Gastons tavern so I could get a LeFou's brew.
It was actually really nice and very refreshing."

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for First Update of the Day

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 6 for Akershus at Norway
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 4 for Fife & Drum at America
2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Crystal Palace
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Gaston's Tavern

Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #1403
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our next update was from emmebear.

She and Emme were at Magic Kingdom last night and had dinner at...

Be our Guest

First some menu pics...

Place Setting

emmebear said, "Yummy!"

Garden Salad
with Champagne Vinaigrette

emmebear said, "The champagne vinaigrette was bitter. Not worth the $4.99 price tag."

Dinner rolls

"Emme ate the inside only of 5 rolls."

Rotisserie Cornish Hen
with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Seasonal Vegetables

emmebear said, "The wing is holding a toasted garlic baguette. I thought the was leaps and bounds better than the pork chop I got during my last trip. The Cornish hen was moist and the au just tasted like it had rosemary and thyme in it. Very good!"

emmebear said, "I asked for any kind of hot sauce. Hoping for sriracha but they only had tabasco."

emmebear said, "I asked for the kids' meal pasta to be tossed in butter and add some cheese. Unfortunately, Disney doesn't know how to toss butter into pasta. It was cold butter tossed into wet pasta. Emme had 2 bites and was over it. Wasted $5.99."

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake
Vanilla Sponge Cake, Strawberry Mousse Filling, and Cream Cheese Icing

The Grey Stuff

emmebear said, "The waitress brought the grey stuff out for Emme and lit a candle, as we were celebrating. BoG was the only place to do something special for Emme."

emmebear said, "Dinner cost $45 with my TIW discount for salad, entree, kids' entree, 2 beers, dessert, and tip. Service started out painfully slow but made up for it. In retrospect, I'm glad she was slow in the beginning, as Emme woke up 45 minutes into dinner."

She added, "My first BoG experience was less than memorable. I'm glad I kep this ressie, as it was a good dinner and a perfect start to MVMCP. I guess they are working out their kinks!"

2 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points for Menu pics and pic with the Beast

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Be our Guest

Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #1404
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Barb guess what!!!!????

I got invited to training in Orlando Jan 8th and 9th and am turning a Disney trip into it!!!

I will be there Jan 5th through 7th, still trying to figure out my Dining ressies though!

I still have your number so I will text you if are still willing to do this!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #1405
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from Kristin (krhst25).

She and her family were at the Animal Kingdom Lodge last night to have dinner at...

BOMA

First a holiday-themed pic, taken at Animal Kingdom Lodge...

Kristin's Daughters

Kristin said, "This is my favorite restaurant. I started with the butternut squash soup. Fantastic!"

Magical Star Cocktail
Light up your celebration with X-Rated Fusion organic mango and passion fruit liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut rum, pineapple juice and a souvenir multicolored glow cube.

Kristin said, "This was delicious."

Kristin said, "I had pork, fufu ( a mixture of sweet and reg. potatoes), bobotie, and some salad."

Jungle Juice - pineapple, mango, and orange juices & lemonade

DD2's plate of food

"Array of desserts..."

Kristin said, "Now for the special Disney touch... They weren't serving African fool salad. I LOVE it so much that it is usually my dessert. So my server asked the chef if he could make it for me... He did. It was extra special because it was made for me!"

African Fruit Fool
A mixture of tropical fruits in a sweet cream sauce

And last another holiday-themed pic...

Animal Kingdom Lodge Christmas Tree

3 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points for the Holiday-themed pics & DDs

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 1 for Boma at AKL

Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #1406
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Barb guess what!!!!????

I got invited to training in Orlando Jan 8th and 9th and am turning a Disney trip into it!!!

I will be there Jan 5th through 7th, still trying to figure out my Dining ressies though!

I still have your number so I will text you if are still willing to do this!

Of course! Sounds great, Rachel!

Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 PM   #1407
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then we have JessiLynn015 last update.

She and her family had breakfast this morning at the Polynesian Resort's...

Kona Cafe

Big Kahuna
French Toast, Pancakes topped with Pineapple Sauce and Macadamia Nut
Butter, Eggs, Home-fried Potatoes, Ham, Bacon, and Sausage

JessiLynn said, "Here is DH's Big Kahuna. He thought it was great and really enjoyed the pancakes."

Tonga Toast
Banana-stuffed Sourdough French Toast rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and served with a Strawberry Compote and Sausage

JessiLynn said, "I had the Tonga Toast. I don't remember it being so massive.. I couldn't even finish it!! It was delicious as always though."

Macadamia-Pineapple Pancakes
with Macadamia Nut Butter, Pineapple Sauce, and Sausage

JessiLynn said, "Mom had the pancakes. She also loved her meal, but struggled to finish it."

And then a final snack update from Magic Kingdom's...

Aloha Isle

Dole Whip Float

JessiLynn said, "Can't leave without a dole whip float!"

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 5 for Kona Cafe at Polynesian
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Aloha Isle

Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #1408
jabead
DIS Veteran

Kristin (krhst25) also sent a snack update from Animal Kingdom's...

Dino Bite Snacks

Root Beer Float

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich

And a couple of holiday-themed pics from Animal Kingdom...

Dinoland Christmas Tree

Animal Kingdom's Christmas Tree at night

And Kristin also sent this update from Art of Animation Resort's...

Landscapes of Flavor

Kristin said, "My little one got sick today... Instead of going to Rainforest Cafe I went to Landscapes of Flavor and had the Tandoori shrimp platter...fyi it takes @7 minutes to make but it was delicious. Also got a chocolate-chocolate chip muffin for breakfast tomorrow. And Gatorade for my little one."

2 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points Earned for tree pics

1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 3 for Dino Bites
2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for LoF at AoA

Old 12-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #1409
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we a few updates from grrrlennyl, the first one from Epcot's...

Le Cellier

Virgin Pina Colada (on the DDP)

Sautéed Potato Gnocchi
with Butternut Squash, Wilted Spinach, Cranberries, and Sage Butter

grrrlennyl said, "I ordered from the prix fixe menu and got the house salad. It had blue cheese, but would be vegan without it. This is the gnocchi. It was ok, but a little too flavorful, if that makes sense. I could only eat a little of this. Definitely not vegan."

Seasonal Peppermint Sorbet

grrrlennyl said, "It was pretty good, but I felt so full I only ate a bit."

She also sent a snack update from Epcot's...

Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe

School bread

grrrlennyl said, "It was pretty good, but not vegan. I ate around the pudding-like stuff. Very tasty and not too sweet."

Then a dinner update from last night at the Contemporary's...

Contempo Cafe

Vegetarian Flatbread (minus the onions and mushrooms)

grrrlennyl said, "This was the best entree I've had so far, which isn't saying much. This was fine."

"The flatbread was vegan, as far as I know. I also got the mint chocolate cupcake. Which was good, but not vegan. It wasn't too rich, aside from the insice."

Mint Chocolate Cupcake

Cupcake - Inside view

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Le Cellier at Canada
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot 6 for Kringla og at Norway
2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 3 for Contempo Cafe

Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1410
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

disneychristmasx3

disneychristmasx3 will be celebrating the holidays at WDW from 12/19 - 12/27 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, disneychristmasx3!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: