Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #1351
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear
hello everyone! i'm working a little over a half day & then we are off to disney to celebrate emme. i finalized our ADR's just last night & need to load up the car during my lunch break.

emme was rushed to the ER & hospitalized in the PICU at wolfson's childrens hospital on 12/6/11 for unexplained seizures. she stopped breathing after her seizure ended & my brother (who is a sgt in the army & a combat medic) started chest compressions on her while i called 911. i'm a nurse & i've seen a lot of heartbreaking situations but this was probably the worst moment of my life.

we were in the PICU for 8 days, 7 nights. she randomly had a seizure at our house & then another one in the ER. the doctors ran every test on her, including a spinal tap & they could not figure out why she was having seizures.

she has a neurologist we visit every 3 months & thus far, we have been seizure free since 12/6/11 & this is worth celebrating.

what a difference a year makes!

not trying to be a debbie downer with this post but we have lots of celebrating to do during this trip.

After working in a pedi ER for over 5 years I know what a blessing it is to have your little girl survive That! You DO have a lot to celebrate! I hope you have an amazing trip and enjoy each precious minute with Emme.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #1352
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear
hello everyone! i'm working a little over a half day & then we are off to disney to celebrate emme. i finalized our ADR's just last night & need to load up the car during my lunch break.

emme was rushed to the ER & hospitalized in the PICU at wolfson's childrens hospital on 12/6/11 for unexplained seizures. she stopped breathing after her seizure ended & my brother (who is a sgt in the army & a combat medic) started chest compressions on her while i called 911. i'm a nurse & i've seen a lot of heartbreaking situations but this was probably the worst moment of my life.

we were in the PICU for 8 days, 7 nights. she randomly had a seizure at our house & then another one in the ER. the doctors ran every test on her, including a spinal tap & they could not figure out why she was having seizures.

she has a neurologist we visit every 3 months & thus far, we have been seizure free since 12/6/11 & this is worth celebrating.

what a difference a year makes!

not trying to be a debbie downer with this post but we have lots of celebrating to do during this trip.

Right, you HAVE you have the most awesome trip EVER and that's an order all the way from England - pixie dust gathers strength when it has to cross the Atlantic (it's a well known fact )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #1353
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update was again from grrrlennyl.

Her lunch today was at Magic Kingdom's...

Tortuga Tavern

Vegetarian Burrito, Hot Tea, & Chocolate Cake

grrrlennyl said, "The burrito and hot tea, both vegan. Chocolate cake, not vegan. The burrito was so full of rice and beans that I didn't know if I could fit any toppings in it. Ha! It was good. As usual. It's such a good, filling vegan option and great for picky eaters because you put whatever you want on it. The cake was pretty good. The frosting was obviously canned, but the cake was really moist. It went well with my tea."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 6 for Tortuga Tavern

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 12-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1354
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next up is our last update from Jill (jmm476).

Their last few hours at Disney World were spent at Magic Kingdom, where they had lunch at...

Columbia Harbour House

Chicken Breast Nuggets and Fish Combo with French Fries, Lobster Roll with potato chips, Chocolate Cake, & Apple Crisp

Jill said, "DH had this and wasn't thrilled with the fish. I had the lobster roll. I thought it had a good amount of lobster pieces.
I love the apple crisp dessert here, slightly warm and gooey."

Then Jill said, "We had a few snack credits left, so we stopped by Storybook Circus and got a piece of..."

Cookies & Cream Fudge

"And also a Mickey Rice Krispie Treat with M & M's..."

"And lastly a Chocolate Chip Cookie from the Main Street Confectionery..."

"Charlotte wouldn't let go of it for me to get a proper picture!"

"And that wraps it up. We're in the car now and headed home."

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for the pic of DD Charlotte

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 4 for Columbia Harbour House
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Big Top Souvenirs in Storybook Circus area
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Main Street Confectionery

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #1355
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our next update was emailed to us by Kristin (krhst25).

She and her family spent their first evening at Disney World at Magic Kingdom and had dinner at...

Cinderella's Royal Table

First pic is of the menu...

Dinner Menu as of 12-13-12

Bread Basket

CASTLE SALAD
Mixed Greens, Apples, Cucumbers, and Candied Walnuts topped with shaved Romano Cheese with a hint of Herb Vinaigrette

KIDS' GARDEN SALAD

ROCK SHRIMP COCKTAIL
with Tomato Marmalade

Kristin said, "Four of us had the salads (very good), and I had the shrimp cocktail - very salty."

GRILLED PORK CHOP
with Apple Chutney, Sweet Potato Purée, and Swiss Chard

BEEF TENDERLOIN
with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Tarragon Demi-glace

KIDS TURKEY POT PIE

Kirstin said, "I had the porkchop. Wasn't bad! DD1 had the pasta " it was okay." DS had beef and My dad did too- delicious. My mom keeps eating before I can get a pic. Snapper was excellent. The youngest had the turkey potpie- she really liked it."

Then for their desserts, they chose...

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
topped with Candied Pecans and a drizzle of Cranberry Sauce

Dessert Trio - Lemon Sorbet, and Pumpkin Cheesecake, Flourless Chocolate Cake

Kristin said, "All of these were yummy."

Kristin's DD enjoying her cupcake

"We really enjoyed our dinner here! Our service was excellent and it was a wonderful first meal for my parents."

2 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points Earned for the Menu pic & pic of DD

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 2 for Cinderella's Royal Table

Last edited by jabead; 12-15-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #1356
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from JessiLynn015.

She and her family were at Magic Kingdom today and had lunch at...

Columbia Harbour House

JessiLynn said, "Today we had lunch at CHH. Be Our Guest was at an estimated 60 minute wait for lunch so we opted out."

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich
White tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun with French Fries and Apple Crisp

JessiLynn said, "Mom and I each ordered the tuna sandwich, fries, and apple crisp (more like a turnover). It was great as always! The sandwich filled me up! I could hardly finish my dessert."

Chicken Breast Nuggets with French Fries and Chocolate Cake

JessiLynn said, "DH had the chicken breast nuggets with fries and chocolate cake. It didn't fill him up so I have him my fries. He liked it though."

And then they had this treat from...

Aloha Isle

Dole Whip Floats

JessiLynn said, "So refreshing!"

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 4 for Columbia Harbor House
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Aloha Isle

Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #1357
jabead
DIS Veteran

The next update was sent to us by grrrlennyl.

She is still at Magic Kingdom this evening and had dinner at...

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

Vegetarian Burger served with French fries and apple slices

grrrlennyl said, "I had the veggie burger with lots of pickles, lettuce, and ketchup from the toppings bar. Plus fries, a Sprite, and apple slices (as my dessert)...all vegan, but maybe not the bun. I don't know if they changed the veggie burgers or if I was just not as hungry as I was last year, but this was not as good as I remember it. Whomp!"

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 5 for Cosmic Rays

Old 12-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #1358
jabead
DIS Veteran

Though we received many more updates yesterday from our Disney World reporters, I will be honest with you and say that last night I just didn't feel like posting them. After hearing about the senseless tragedy which occurred in Connecticut, I had no words...all seemed woefully inadequate. So I decided to let the Live thread remain silent for the evening and instead spend the time enjoying the company of my family, including all three of my children.

I will now attempt to get caught up with the updates, but today happens to be my baby boy's 17th birthday so I will not make you any promises. My thoughts this morning are also with another mom and her "baby boy", who is being deployed to Afghanistan today.

Chad and Brenda (aka emmysmommy)

I pray for Chad's safety and quick return to those who love him, as well as for all of our troops serving their country overseas. And for the heartbroken families of Connecticut, may God give you the strength to get through the difficult days ahead.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #1359
jabead
DIS Veteran

And now for some live updates from our Happy Place, beginning with one from emmebear and her little ray of sunshine, Emme.

Art of Animation Resort's Christmas Tree

They were delayed by traffic due to an accident on I4, so had to cancel their dinner reservation at Narcoossee's last night.

So instead their first meal was at...

Landscapes of Flavor

Here is what they had...

Chicken thigh Tandoori, Spinach with Paneer, & Lentils

And for dessert...

emmebear said, "I wish I was at Narcoossee's eating my 2 pound lobster. Dinner here was OK.
The portions were a lot smaller than last time we ate here. I'm still hungry!"

And so then the next pic emmebear sent was from Publix...

Time for some grocery shopping!

Then a pic from back at their resort, Pop Century...

Pop Century's Christmas Tree

4 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points Earned for pics of emmebear, Emme, and two Christmas trees

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at AoA

Old 12-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #1360
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next up is a Magic Kingdom snack update from grrrlennyl.

Gaston's Tavern

LeFou's Brew

grrrlennyl said, "I liked it way better than I thought I would. Not sure if it's vegan (probably not the foam), but I think there will be another in my future. Definitely something to share though."

And then she sent a Dessert update from...

Citricos

Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgium Couverture Chocolate Crown

grrrlennyl said, "This was my dessert. It was pretty good! My partner got the green apple sorbet that was pretty good, too. I'd definitely come back here for a "fancypants" dessert."

1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Gaston's Tavern
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 4 for Citricos at the Grand Floridian

Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #1361
suburbiatexas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Though we received many more updates yesterday from our Disney World reporters, I will be honest with you and say that last night I just didn't feel like posting them. After hearing about the senseless tragedy which occurred in Connecticut, I had no words...all seemed woefully inadequate. So I decided to let the Live thread remain silent for the evening and instead spend the time enjoying the company of my family, including all three of my children.

I will now attempt to get caught up with the updates, but today happens to be my baby boy's 17th birthday so I will not make you any promises. My thoughts this morning are also with another mom and her "baby boy", who is being deployed to Afghanistan today.

Chad and Brenda (aka emmysmommy)

I pray for Chad's safety and quick return to those who love him, as well as for all of our troops serving their country overseas. And for the heartbroken families of Connecticut, may God give you the strength to get through the difficult days ahead.

Bard, i could not agree more...the tragedy in Connecticut yesterday is utterly heart-breaking....my heart goes out to all of those affected....
Old 12-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #1362
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have a couple of updates from Kristin (krhst25).

She and her family were at Epcot yesterday and sent us this snack update...

Pretzels from a stand near the Character Spot in Future World

(An almost gone) Frozen Coke from Club Cool

Kristin said, "Two pretzels to share and we also shared come frozen cokes.
They are both so huge and easily able to be shared.
The Club Cool cokes counted as a snack credit, although the snack sign is not displayed."

1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 1 for Future World Pretzel stand
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 1 for Club Cool in Future World

Old 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #1363
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then also from Kristin was a (Candlelight Processional) dinner update from Epcot's...

Coral Reef

Dinner roll

Crab Cakes with Tropical Fruit Salsa and Tequila Aïoli

Crispy-fried Shrimp with Coral Reef Slaw and a Spiced Rémoulade

Kristin said, "The shrimp appetizer was exceptional!"

Caesar Salad with Shredded Parmesan and Croutons

Kids' Apple Slices

And speaking of the Kids' options at Coral Reef...

Coral Reef Kids' Menu

Grilled New York Strip Steak
served with Roasted Potatoes, Mushrooms, Spinach, and Red Wine Sauce

Grilled Mahi Mahi
with Laughing Bird Shrimp, Hearts of Palm, Jasmine Rice, Cilantro, and a
Coconut-Lime Sauce

Pan-seared Sustainable Catch
on Smoked Gouda Grits, Seasonal Shellfish, Andouille Sausage, and Cajun-Tomato Broth

Kids' Mahi Mahi with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli

Then for their desserts...

Baileys and Jack Daniel’s Mousse
with a Caramel Crisp

The Chocolate Wave
served with Raspberry Gelato

Kristin said, "This was yummy!"

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for Kids' Menu pic

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 1 for Coral Reef in Future World

Old 12-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #1364
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next is a dinner update from JessiLynn015.

She said, "Day 7 into our trip and we decided to take a night off to relax. We went down to the food court for our dinner."

Landscapes of Flavor

Surf and Surf Burger - Crab Cake topped with fried Popcorn shrimp, tomato, lettuce, and cajun remoulade on a brioche bun served with house-seasoned fries & Pistachio Gelato

JessiLynn said, "I had the surf and surf burger with fries. Also the pistachio gelato for dessert and a coke zero.
The burger was amazing! I could definitely eat another one before we leave."

Pastrami Cheeseburger topped with pepper jack, tomato, lettuce, and chipotle barbeque sauce on a whole wheat multigrain bread served with house-seasoned fries & Cheesecake Sampler

JessiLynn said, "DH had another pastrami burger and said it was just as great as the first one. He got the cheesecake sampler for dessert and a coke."

Create Your Own Salad

JessiLynn said, "Mom got the create your own salad. She loved it, but after trying my surf & surf, she wished she had ordered that instead."

"Overall we really enjoy the food court. I think the gelato is my favorite thing about it."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at AoA

Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #1365
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our last updates from yesterday were from Rarity.

She and her sister had dinner on Thursday night at...

Rarity said, "Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, so I started crying when we walked in.
The restaurant is absolutely breathtaking, and we didn't want to leave."

Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop
with Au Gratin Macaroni, Seasonal Vegetables, and Red Wine Jus

Rarity said, "We both had the Pork Rack Chop. The meat was tender, and the veggies were perfectly cooked."

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake
Vanilla Sponge Cake, Strawberry Mousse Filling, and Cream Cheese Icing

Rarity said, "I had the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, which was good and moist.
All the reports about the wrapper being impossible to peel off are true though."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Be our Guest

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: