Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #1216
jabead
DIS Veteran

Another update was received from Becky (Dalamara).

This one is from her dinner tonight at...

T-REX CAFE

Here is what she had...

Footprints Flatbread
Warm Flatbread topped with Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, and Goat Cheeses, Rotisserie Chicken, and Caramelized Onions, then drizzled with a Balsamic Glaze

Becky said, "This was crazy delicious, like I want to live inside of it delicious."

A New Item: Pork Shank with Apple Craisin Chutney and Loaded Mash

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for T-Rex

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #1217
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from disneydivamama.

She and her family had lunch today at Epcot's...

La Cantina de San Angel

Frozen Lime Margarita

disneydivamama said, "Yum!"

Tacos de Carne - smoked beef brisket tacos served on fresh handmade corn tortillas

disneydivamama said, "I thought they were great!"

2 Point Roulette Bet Placed on Epcot Group 7 for La Cantina in Mexico

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #1218
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then disneydivamama & family had Mexican food again for dinner, this time at Epcot's...

La Hacienda de San Angel

She started with this cocktail...

Avocado Margarita
El Mayor premium silver tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar and fresh lime juice, served frozen with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim

disneydivamama said, "This was good. I liked the subtle flavors. Here's the thing though. I am not a heavy drinker at all. Tequila usually gets me quick. I felt nothing from this drink!"

For her entree, ddm chose...

Tacos de Camarones
Fried shrimp, chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortillas

disneydivamama said, "They were fine. Nothing great. I ended up eating the shrimp out of a couple of them."

Her DH chose this for his entree...

ddm said, "DH had the short ribs. He thought it was dry...it had definitely been sitting out waiting to be served under the heat lamp. Not something I would have ever paid $26.00 for typically."

Then for dessert, disneydivamama chose this...

Empanada de Manzana
Puff pastry filled with sauteed caramel apples, served with dulce de leche ice cream and cajeta (caramel sauce)

ddm said, "I liked the ice cream, but for me, the pastry wasn't worth the calories!"

Her DH had this for his dessert...

disneydivamama said, "He enjoyed it; liked the subtle heat and the combination of flavors."

disneydivamama's overall comments, "My honest opinion of the place? I would never pay out of pocket for it. WAY overpriced. It was obvious that our food had bee pre-prepared and was waiting on the warmer. We ordered, I took DD to the restroom, and our food was waiting for us when we returned. Our family knows good Mexican food...at about 1/3 of the price."

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned for La Hacienda Update

2 Point Roulette Bet on Epcot Group 7 for La Hacienda at Epcot's Mexico

Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #1219
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have spun the Roulette wheel and here were the winning numbers for Dec. 3rd.

Magic Kingdom: Group 3, 4
Epcot: Group 3, 7
Hollywood Studios: Group 3
Animal Kingdom: Group 1
Downtown Disney: Group 2
Resorts: 1, 6

Here were the 7 bets placed today:

ILikeWaffles - 1 Point Roulette Bet Placed on Resort Group 2 for Boardwalk Bakery at the Boardwalk
disneydivamama - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 1 for Sunshine Seasons
Dalamara - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 2 for Landscapes of Flavor at Art of Animation
sunnysideup3 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on DHS Group 5 for Sci-Fi Dine-In
Dalamara - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for Goofy's Candy Co.
Dalamara - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 1 for T-Rex
disneydivamama - 2 Point Roulette Bet Placed on Epcot Group 7 for La Cantina in Mexico WINNER
disneydivamama - 2 Point Roulette Bet Placed on Epcot Group 7 for La Hacienda in Mexico WINNER

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #1220
jabead
DIS Veteran

Since we haven't yet received any updates from our current live reporters today, I'm going to post some of the updates which Gina (Gina99) emailed to me from home yesterday. As you may recall, Gina and her family took their first trip to Disney World from 11/24 - 12/1 and she emailed some live updates to us during the first few days of her trip. However, being her first trip to Disney World, she became a bit overwhelmed with it all. But now that she is home, Gina was able to send us all of her great updates.

So without further ado, let's bring on the food.

This first update is from 11/27 at the Polynesian Resort's...

'Ohana Lilo and Stitch Best Friends Character Breakfast

Gina said, "We started out with the pineapple coconut sweet bread and you can see my boys ripped in to it as soon as they brought it to the table.

Gina said, "We also had a fruit tray and some guava juice cocktail."

Gina said, "Then we had our big tray of eggs, sausages, biscuits, bacon, and potatoes.
The Mickey waffles were served separately."

"The big win with this breakfast was it being served family-style. I found this method really worked for our family with 2 young children. We had the selection of a buffet but didn't have to keep the kids entertained while grabbing plates!
It was a win win!"

Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #1221
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next up is from Gina & family's lunch on 11/27 at Epcot's...

Coral Reef

First a menu pic...

Gina said, "Our appies were the Fried Shrimp and Crab Cakes - both were delicious!"

Crispy-fried Shrimp with Coral Reef Slaw and a Spiced Rémoulade

Crab Cakes with Tropical Fruit Salsa and Tequila Aïoli

Then for their entrees, they chose...

Coral Reef Lobster Orecchiette Pasta
with White Cheddar Cheese and Basil Oil

Grilled New York Strip Steak
served with Roasted Potatoes (per menu, but looks like there are Mashed Potatoes in the pic), Mushrooms, Spinach (don't see either mushrooms or spinach ) and Red Wine Sauce

Kids' Cheese Pizza & French Fries

Gina said, "I had the lobster pasta for lunch, Armando had the filet and the kids had the cheese pizza. Gabe thought this pizza was the best hed had. It had a nice thick crust and crispy cheese - yum!"

"The lobster pasta was disappointing though. A lot of the noodles were stuck together and chewy but Armandos filet was great!"

Then for their desserts, they had...

The Chocolate Wave served with Raspberry Gelato

Baileys and Jack Daniels Mousse with a Caramel Crisp

Gina said, "I had the chocolate wave, which was a typical lava cake. Armando had the mousse which was one of the biggest servings of mousse we had ever seen!!! It was the dessert winner!"

2 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for Menu pic and update from Coral Reef

Last edited by jabead; 12-04-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #1222
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was not received until this afternoon, and was sent to us by Becky (Dalamara).

She had a change of plans today and instead of going to Universal Studios, she went Magic Kingdom, where she got some sweet treats from...

Main Street Bakery

Holiday Cupcake and Walnut Brownie

2 Bonus Roulette Points for First Update of the Day and Holiday-themed cupcake

1 Point Roulette Bet place on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Main Street Bakery

Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #1223
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next up is another update from Gina (Gina99).

She and her family had dinner on 11/27 at Epcot's...

La Hacienda de San Angel

First is a pic of the Drinks menu...

From this, Gina chose...

Rosita Margarita
El Mayor premium silver Tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice and rose infusions, served on the rocks with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim

Traditional Tequila Flight
Partida Blanco, Don Julio Reposado, and Tres Generaciones Añejo

Gina said, "You can see Armando’s one big smile of the night was doing the tequila flight. I had the Rosita Margarita which was yummy too. Thank heavens for booze!"

Next a pic of the Dinner Menu...

Then Gina said, "For appies, Armando had the fried shrimp, which were the best part of the meal and I had the taco trio - sorry no pics as we were too hungry to remember!"

For their entrees, they chose...

Tacos de Camarones
Fried shrimp, chipotle-lime aioli, cabbage, lime and salsa verde, all served over flour tortillas

Pollo al Pastor
Achiote marinated chicken served with roasted vegetables, beans and pineapple relish

Gina said, "For dinner, Armando had the tacos del camarones, which ended up being deep fried shrimp and not as good as the appetizer ones. I had the chicken and the sauce was good, but the rice was very dry."

A picture of the Kids' Menu...

Kids' Cheese Quesadilla
Flour Tortillas filled with Monterrey Jack Cheese, served with Mexican Rice, and Green Beans

"The kids had the cheese quesadilla, which was really cheesy and they enjoyed it."

Gina said, "For dessert, we had the churros, which were okay, but nothing to write home about unfortunately."

In conclusion, Gina said, "Unfortunately, this was our most disappointing meal of the trip, both for food and service. No one smiled here, no one talked to us or asked if we’d been there like every other restaurant. The food took over an hour, they forgot about us at check in, and overall, we were really disappointed."

"At least when we got back to the room, there was a cool towel stingray!"

6 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for 3 Menu Pics, Rosita Margarita, Tequila Flight, and update with Chicken Entree

Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #1224
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then we have an update from disneydivamama.

She and her family were at Animal Kingdom today and had breakfast at...

Tusker House

disneydivamama said, "We really enjoyed this. I thought the bobotie was excellent, and overall, really enjoyed the variety of food available."

disneydivamama said, "Here is DH's plate. He was also brought out a plate of Mickey waffles...he was in heaven!!"

2 Point Roulette Bet on Animal Kingdom Group 2 for Tusker House

Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #1225
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then disneydivamama had lunch at Animal Kingdom's...

Flame Tree Barbecue

Barbecued Chicken Salad with mixed greens tossed with barbecued chicken

disneydivamama said, "I got the salad. Loved this! I had thought all along that I was going to get the turkey sandwich, but I was craving a little more green. One thing I loved about this salad is that it was mixed throughout, so I got veggies and chicken all the way to the bottom of the bowl. There were chickpeas, corn, tomatoes, and lots of roasted chicken."

Ribs and Chicken Combo served with baked beans and coleslaw

disneydivamama said, "DH got this and he really enjoyed it. The chicken was moist and flavorful!!!"

1 Scavenger Hunt Point for Ribs & Chicken Combo

2 Point Roulette Bet on Animal Kingdom Group 3 for Flame Tree Barbecue

Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #1226
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have an update from Jess (ILikeWaffles).

She and Pete were also at Animal Kingdom today and had lunch at...

Yak & Yeti Restaurant

Jess said, "Pete and I had lunch at Yak & Yeti today. We both we really enjoyed it (my sense of taste finally seems to be back to normal! )."

Pete enjoying his Glacier Water

Jess said, "Pete had a glacier water (blue curacao, coconut syrup, and Sprite), which was covered by the dining plan."

Then for his appetizer, Pete had...

Seared Ahi Tuna - chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw

Jess said, "He thought the tuna was good, but a little bland."

For his entree, Pete had...

Duck with Anandapur Glaze
Roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables

Jess said, "The duck was mediocre, but the jasmine rice was good."

And then for dessert, Pete chose...

Mango Pie - shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream, raspberry sauce

Jess said, "The mango pie was good (and his favorite part of the meal)."

Then later Jess got this treat from

Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery...

Brownie Paw - fresh-baked brownie topped with chocolate fudge and buttercream

Then Jess said, "I found room for a Brownie Paw this afternoon. It was really good.
The frosting was a great complement to the brownie."

Also Jess said, "This morning we made sure to take in some Christmas decorations here at Riverside.
They were gorgeous (along with the rest of the resort)."

Port Orleans Riverside Christmas Tree

Poinsettia Landscaping

4 Scavenger Hunt Points Earned for Update including Duck entree, Brownie Paw snack, and two Holiday-themed pics

3 Holiday Roulette Bonus Points for the Holiday-themed pics & pic of Pete

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 1 for Yak & Yeti
1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 2 for Kusafiri Bakery

Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #1227
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then disneydivamama sent an update from her dinner at the Polynesian Resort's...

Captain Cook's

Pork Nachos

disneydivamama said, "I really wanted to like these! I don't have a valid reason why I didn't, so think it was because I just wasn't that hungry."

1 Scavenger Hunt Point Earned for update from Captain Cook's

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 5 for Captain Cook's at the Polynesian

Old 12-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #1228
jabead
DIS Veteran

And for the final update of the day, Jillian (sunnysideup3) sent this from her dinner tonight at...

Be our Guest

The Ballroom

Jillian chose for her entree the...

Grilled Strip Steak with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites (not shown)

Jillian said, "This was awesome! The truffle mayo for the fries was amazing!!!"

Her DH had this entree...

Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop with au gratin macaroni, seasonal vegetables and red wine au jus

Then for their desserts, they chose...

Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and choclate ganache

Jillian said, "The chocolate cupcake was great."

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling, and cream cheese icing

Lemon-Raspberry Cream Puff filled with lemon custard

Jillian said, "The kids got grey stuff for their birthdays, but Eli downed it before I had a chance to take a pic.
Great to meet the Beast at the end!!"

1 Scavenger Hunt Point for update from Be our Guest

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Be our Guest

Last edited by jabead; 12-04-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #1229
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have spun the Roulette wheel and here were the winning numbers for Dec. 4th.

Magic Kingdom: Group 2, 5
Epcot: Group 1, 4
Hollywood Studios: Group 1
Animal Kingdom: Group 2
Downtown Disney: Group 1
Resorts: 5, 6

Here were the 7 bets placed yesterday:

Dalamara - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 3 for Main Street Bakery
disneydivamama - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 2 for Tusker House WINNER
disneydivamama - 2 Point Roulette Bet on Animal Kingdom Group 3 for Flame Tree Barbecue
ILikeWaffles - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 1 for Yak & Yeti
ILikeWaffles - 1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 2 for Kusafiri Bakery WINNER
disneydivamama - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 5 for Captain Cook's at the Polynesian WINNER
sunnysideup3 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 1 for Be our Guest

Old 12-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #1230
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that one of our favorite Disney Dining Reporters will be back at Disney World tomorrow!

MickeyNicki

Nicki and Todd will be going back to WDW for some Holiday Cheer from 12/6 - 12/9.
Though her review won't be "Live" this time, I'm sure it will still be great because they are meeting up with KatMark, her DH, their DS, and his DGF, which means 3 x more food than usual!

Have a Great Holiday Trip Nicki, Todd, KatMark & family!!!

Last edited by jabead; 12-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: