Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #676
jabead
DIS Veteran

On Saturday morning Linda was at the Disneyland park where she enjoyed breakfast, while overlooking the rivers of America, at the...

River Belle Terrace

Linda said, "Mickey pancakes, which although very tasty are likely to give small children nightmares. Mickey - you look freaky!"

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 10-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #677
jabead
DIS Veteran

Disneyland's Fantasmic Dessert Package

Linda said, "After a wonderful lunch with the even more wonderful Brenda, I headed back to the hotel for a while before heading back into the park for the evening. I had booked the Fantasmic Dessert package in order to get a reserved seat and let me tell you it was money well spent."

"The view was perfect and I got to sit in comfort whilst the fabulous cast members served your choice of coffee, hot chocolate, tea, sodas etc. and brought you this yummy snack box."

"Yes - this was for one person!

There was cheese, crackers and grapes and a selection of sweet treats. The little dessert with the Mickey head was a delightful cheesecake...this was my fave. There was also a couple of chocolate truffles and a chocolate brownie- style treat that was a little too sweet and rich for me. The sugar cookie was full of raspberry jelly and was really good. There was also a little lemon tart and a coconut macaroon.
Phew! - I didn't eat it all, honest."

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #678
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Challenge accepted! I am pretty sure we will be eating at several of those CS places and will be getting quite a few of the snacks!! I am hoping we get there when expected...we are East Coast and flying out of Newark...which is to be hit pretty hard by Sandy! So......can I get a big loud collective "GO AWAY SANDY!!!!!!!" please?

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #679
jabead
DIS Veteran

This morning Linda was back to Disney California Adventure park and after hitting Radiator Springs Racers a couple of times, she headed off to the...

Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe

Linda said, "This is basically a Starbucks location. It's themed in a very Disney way and the Starbucks touches are very subtle."

Caffe Americano and a Pumpkin Scone

Linda said, "It was fine - just like a regular Starbucks and nothing special."

Old 10-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #680
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Challenge accepted! I am pretty sure we will be eating at several of those CS places and will be getting quite a few of the snacks!! I am hoping we get there when expected...we are East Coast and flying out of Newark...which is to be hit pretty hard by Sandy! So......can I get a big loud collective "GO AWAY SANDY!!!!!!!" please?
GO AWAY SANDY!!!!!

Seriously, though - I hope you're able to travel safely (and on time). Even though the storm should be gone by Wednesday, I wonder how bad the flooding and debris will be afterwards (plus, how do airlines deal with all the people whose flights are cancelled tomorrow and Tuesday?). This storm is so frustrating - I just hope the damage won't be that bad.

On a more cheerful note, that caramel apple is so cool! Mickey, on the other hand, needs to have some work done. And I'm definitely in the mood for some Starbucks now - too bad it'll be closed until Wednesday. Where will I get my caffeine fix until then?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #681
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
GO AWAY SANDY!!!!!
I agree GO AWAY SANDY! I hope everyone is able to fly safe and enjoy their vacation and everyone at home is prepared. DDW I hope you are prepared and that your mom in NY makes it through with no problems at all,
Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 PM   #682
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSpot View Post
I agree GO AWAY SANDY! I hope everyone is able to fly safe and enjoy their vacation and everyone at home is prepared. DDW I hope you are prepared and that your mom in NY makes it through with no problems at all,
Thanks so much - I hope you also stay safe. Honestly, I don't feel too worried about myself here, but I definitely hope my mom will be okay by herself. And I can't imagine how people who live closer to the coast are feeling.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #683
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

I'm just getting caught up - sorry for my lack of updates. The spotty wi-fi ad AoA AND at the Dolphin (sending a complain for that because you actually have a fee for Internet at that hotel) combined with our commando touring resulted in my crashing as soon as I got in the room. Seriously, I don't know if I had too much planned or if I'm getting old, but I feel like I need a vacation to recover from our WDW weeks! Kudos to all of you for your live reports!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #684
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Quote:
GO AWAY SANDY!!!!!

Seriously, though - I hope you're able to travel safely (and on time). Even though the storm should be gone by Wednesday, I wonder how bad the flooding and debris will be afterwards (plus, how do airlines deal with all the people whose flights are cancelled tomorrow and Tuesday?). This storm is so frustrating - I just hope the damage won't be that bad.

On a more cheerful note, that caramel apple is so cool! Mickey, on the other hand, needs to have some work done. And I'm definitely in the mood for some Starbucks now - too bad it'll be closed until Wednesday. Where will I get my caffeine fix until then?
Quote:

My thoughts and prayers are with all you Northeasterners this morning. Keep us posted please, if you are able.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #685
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
I'm just getting caught up - sorry for my lack of updates. The spotty wi-fi ad AoA AND at the Dolphin (sending a complain for that because you actually have a fee for Internet at that hotel) combined with our commando touring resulted in my crashing as soon as I got in the room. Seriously, I don't know if I had too much planned or if I'm getting old, but I feel like I need a vacation to recover from our WDW weeks! Kudos to all of you for your live reports!

Hi Stephanie...welcome back to the DIS! I can't wait to hear all about your two weeks at Disney World!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #686
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Great reviews from everyone! Eilee will be thrilled that there is steak at a Liberty Inn! The Fantasmic dessert snack box looks wonderful and it was great to see some Brenda/Linda photos.

And Barb, if you talk to chocolateminnie, tell her I said hi!!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #687
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GO AWAY SANDY!!!!!

I spoke to the United several times over the past few days. I also have a friend that is a flight attendant. They have cancelled all flights Monday and Tuesday...Wednesday is still scheduled as of now. The people from Monday and Tuesday will be on stand by until they can get on a flight or just cancel and get refunded. We have hard tickets so they can't take our seats if our flights goes as scheduled. But, we could face very long delays at the airport. We have booked a rental car (because our cars are too small for that length of trip) from Newark to Orlando as a back up plan. If it is safe to drive but the flights are cancelled or backed up, we will just head out that way then fly home to Newark. It is all very frustrating. I need to get as much accomplished today that requires power as our power company sent out e-mails and pre-recorded messages to expect outages lasting up to 7 days. I am almost all packed and can finish that in the dark. LOL I need to clean, bathe the dog. Thanks for the well wishes! Keeping our fingers crossed! Kids are home...school cancelled until at least Wednesday. So, we are pretty determined to still get there one way or another.

Quote:
Keeping our fingers crossed for us and everyone else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
My thoughts and prayers are with all you Northeasterners this morning. Keep us posted please, if you are able.
Barb - I will try to keep checking in and update you prior to Wed...not too much to get off track but just to inform you. Also, when we know exactly what we are doing, I will let you know and keep you in the loop from there!!!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #688
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
On Saturday morning Linda was at the Disneyland park where she enjoyed breakfast, while overlooking the rivers of America, at the...

River Belle Terrace

Linda said, "Mickey pancakes, which although very tasty are likely to give small children nightmares. Mickey - you look freaky!"
my favorite

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #689
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

I'm getting my Disney food fix while wind and rain batter the house. Good luck to everyone else facing the storm!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013; Surprised the kids- Pop Century July 2014; Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014 Coming soon: DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015- Old Key West

Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #690
Dalamara
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginamarie
I'm getting my Disney food fix while wind and rain batter the house. Good luck to everyone else facing the storm!

Same here... Be safe everyone! I'm in Massachusetts, and so far lots of wind and some rain. All my town offices are closed, which means a day off for me as I am a librarian in my home town. Hopefully my poor doggie will sleep through most of this, otherwise he'll be a panic-stricken wild man the whole time.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: