Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #3556
jabead
DIS Veteran

emmebear has sent us some more pictures from their dinner last night, so we will call this Part II of emmebear, Emme & Rachel's dinner at...

First a couple of interior pics...

And then some menu pics...

Current Menu for the Flying Fish Cheese Plate...

emmebear started with this Wine Flight...

"I really enjoyed my wine flight and love the fact it had 3 different kinds of wine. It was exactly what I wanted."

Rachel enjoying her Pinot Grigio wine flight.

"The bread was warm and tasty but I was saving room for dinner."

For her appetizer, emmebear chose...

Yellowfin Tuna Tartare and Crispy Tempura Tuna-Vegetable Sushi Roll with Hijiki and Wakame Seaweed, Yuzu Tobiko, and Wasabi Foam with a Sweet-and-Spicy Sauce

"Tuna tartare app was delicious! It was a huge portion and very fresh. The tuna roll was actually fried which added some texture to the roll. I really enjoyed it very much. It was expensive but well worth it. It was a beautiful plate of food."

Then for her entree, she had...

Oak-grilled Maine Diver Scallops with English Peas, Pecorino, Basil, and Mascarpone-laced Risotto di Carnarolli, with Prosciutto di Parma Cracklins'

"The scallops were absolutely heavenly. It was a very generous portion. The peas brought a nice sweetness to the risotto. The plate itself was very pretty and the dish was plated beautifully. It was almost too pretty to eat. One small gripe: I wish the scallops were seared a little more. I love a nicely crusted scallop. The scallops however were cooked perfectly."

Emme's entree choice was made from this Kids menu...

Bowl of Mickey Pasta with Creamy Cheddar Sauce

"This was the best Mac & Cheese (Kids version) that I have tasted. She also used her chopsticks!"

"Our server Rebecca was the best yet. She was fantastic. Flying Fish was the best meal I've had at Disney. It lived up to the hype and our meal was wonderful. Two thumbs up!"

And then I saved the best picture for last...

10 Bonus Points Awarded to the team of emmebear & rachel09985 for sign, menu, pic of group, wine flight, and misc. other pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #3557
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by MickQuinn.

She said, "We were hungry while shopping at DTD so we stopped in for dinner at...

Paradiso 37

"Quinn started with Tropical Tango Splash. Pineapple and orange juice in a light up cup. Our server was good and even gave refills on this drink."

"I tried the pomegranate margarita... Fairly strong, but smooth. The only downside was the lack of salt on the rim."

Crazy Corn - Fire roasted Corn on the cob, covered in a savory-spicy yellow pepper sauce and smothered in imported cheeses.

"The boys started devouring this before I could get a picture. I expected the cheese to be crumbles or something like that, but this was definitely stretchy and stringy. The corn had a great flavor from the butter and pepper sauce."

"Pepere {Grandpa} ordered the Paradiso burger. DH tried some too and said it was really good. The bun had seasoning and was tasty too. These were some of the best fries ever. They were crisp, tasty and not greasy at all."

"Quinn had the Kid's meal taco with chicken. This came with rice and black beans and was a large portion for a child. Quinn loved the taco but didn't want to try the beans."

From the Land Platter - Grilled Skirt steak, spicy chorizo skewers, chicken flauas, black beans, and cilantro rice $23.99

"DH and I shared the From the Land platter. This was delicious. The steak was flavorful and the flauta was crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. We really liked the cilantro flavored rice. The chorizo wasn't as firm or spicy as what we've had in other places."

"For dessert we chose the churro and soapapilla combo. Yummy dipped in the caramel sauce! Paradiso 37 was a new restaurant for us, but one we would definitely return to again."

5 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Quinn and First Update of the Day

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #3558
KMarston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine
OMG that little girl is just adorable!!!
I know, right! A living doll!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #3559
jabead
DIS Veteran

Several more updates came in from the reporting team of emmebear & rachel09985 today. The first one was from their evening at Magic Kingdom.

Last night after their dinner at Flying Fish, they took a bus to Magic Kingdom for EMH...

Rachel got a LeFou's Brew from Gaston's Tavern...

"She didn't like it, said it was sweeter than last time she had it."

Rachel also bought Emme an Ariel play set...

...which Ariel was enthralled by because it included a detachable extra head.

And I said that I too sometimes wish that I had an extra detachable head, until I received this picture from emmebear...

YIKES! Check out those eyes!

1 April Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pic of Rachel w/ brew and misc. other pics

Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #3560
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next was their update from this morning.

Coffee in their room for breakfast while they were packing...

"Farewell Port Orleans! We are off to Magic Kingdom for a few hours."

Then Emme had an ice cream snack from...

1 April Game Point Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Emme w/ ice cream, and misc. other pics

Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #3561
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then they had lunch at...

Be our Guest

"I really really loathe the ordering system. It's so inefficient and slooooow."

Emme chose the...

Kids Turkey Sandwich

"Emme hated it. The bread was toasted hard. It also had tomatoes in it. They let me sub fries for sweet potato wedges."

emmebear had...

"The steak sandwich was just ok. It was actually dry."

And for dessert...

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling, and cream cheese icing

"Cupcake was tasty!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu pics, pic of Emme, and misc. other pics

Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #3562
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then just a few more snacks before it was time to leave.

"My first citrus swirl. I didn't expect the orange juice. It was a pleasant surprise and very refreshing on this hot day."

"Emme had a vanilla ice cream again."

And then one last stop for treats at the...

Main Street Confectionery

Here's Emme's farewell snack...

And Rachel got a cake pop...

"Last snack of the trip. So sad I am at the airport now. I got a red velvet cake pop that disintegrated into lots of pieces when I pulled it out of the bag. It is very good but I still wish that they would get rid of the sugar sprinkles. It's too much."

And so now we must say goodbye...

Rachel, Emme, & emmebear

2 April Game Points Earned + 8 Bonus Points for sign, menus, and misc. other pics

Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #3563
jabead
DIS Veteran

And since that was final update for the reporting team of emmebear & rachel09985, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being Live Reporters...Outstanding Job!!!

emmebear & rachel09985's Total April/May Game Points Earned = 179

Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #3564
jabead
DIS Veteran

I would like to start by congratulating our February & March Live Reporting Team on the fantastic job they did. We had 32 reporters who sent us live updates in February and March, scoring an average of more than 70 points each! While I'm grateful to all of you for the contributions which you made to the live thread, I would like to specially recognize our top 5 scorers for their efforts.

I am now featuring our...

#5 - MichelleWDWfan

MichelleWDWfan was at WDW to celebrate her birthday from 3/6 - 3/12.
Michelle scored 137 points with the many updates she sent us during her trip.

Here are some of my favorite pics from her updates.

From the Flower & Garden Festival's...

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE

Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum

"Very good. The rum gives it quite a kick!"

Michelle's snack update from Magic Kingdom...

"My favorite snack in all the world!"

From Michelle's dinner at...

Citricos

"I had a glass of sparkling wine."

Then from her breakfast at...

A birthday cupcake!

And a pic with Donald Duck #1!

From her dinner at...

"Champagne! A nice complement to my meal."

Dessert cart

"I chose the dark chocolate cream puff."

And a picture with the host...

Michelle said, "I enjoyed my birthday dinner. The decor and themeing were fantastic. I was not happy with my steak, it was very fatty with gristle. Everything else was very good. My server Joann was great."

From her dinner at Magic Kingdom's...

Shrimp Scampi - Linguini with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Asparagus tossed in a Garlic sauce

"This was delicious. There were lots of shrimp and they were a very nice size."

And from Michelle's very special dinner at...

Michelle said, "The whole experience was elegant and decadent. I had two fantastic wait staff...Sherry and Jack."

And last but not least, Michelle's picture from her surprise meeting with another live reporter, when they were both part of the cast for the Enchanted Tales with Belle show...

Dawn (AuroraMeansDawn) & Michelle

Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #3565
jabead
DIS Veteran

#4 - DaisyluvzGoofy

DaisyluvzGoofy was at WDW from 2/16 - 2/23, along with her DH and parents!
She scored 138 points with the many updates she sent us during her trip.

From DaisyluvzGoofy's lunch at...

Hollywood & Vine
Fantasmic! Package

"After reading a bunch of reviews about H&V, I certainly did not go into lunch expecting anything even noteworthy, but I was wrong. I think this buffet, for late lunch/dinner (non-character) was Really Good not only for it's variety, but also for it's atmosphere and price."

"First pic: My plate, starting at 12:00 and working clockwise: Herb bread (good, nothing special), Fried Plantains (if you like the sweet taste of plantains, this is for you. It was a bit too sweet for DH and I.), Shrimp & lobster mac & cheese (Amazing, and totally worth going again JUST for this. Huge pieces of lobster and an abundance of shrimp), garlic mash (standard), Citrus BBQ chicken (great flavor, very moist), creamed corn cake (also amazing, and I had this more than once.)"

Then a breakfast update from DaisyluvzGoofy.

She said, "We started Monday at Crystal Palace with a before the park opened ADR."

"Both Nicholas and I knew Crystal Palace was basic. Our favorite things were the "make your own omelet bar" where we discovered late that it also served as a make your own pancake bar. As always our buffet favorite was the Puffed French Toast. The fruit was fresh and sweet, especially the pineapple. I liked the potato casserole over the breakfast pancakes but DH preferred the opposite."

"Our waitress brought us the cupcake and signed photo. Super cute!"

"This was our first ADR for our Honeymoon and a must repeat in our books!
Our friend Brandee who works for a traveling event design company met us for dinner."

"For dessert Brandee had the Banana Split. She really enjoyed it but couldn't finish it. It looked really good."

"I had the No Way Jose. This was my favorite from my honeymoon and no reason not to repeat. Perfect amount of peanut butter and chocolate. So glad it wasn't that fake tasting peanut butter from that cupcake I had Sunday! Sooo Yummy!!"

"DH had the Fudge Mud Slide. He couldn't finish it. (That's saying a lot from my DH. When I had the lap band and didn't eat much, I used to call him my closer, because I could send him in to finish any of my meals. haha! ) He said it was a little too much chocolate for him, but really good."

"After our snack, we had some more drama back home and I decided I needed another drink. So into Rose & Crown I went! I had the Welsh Dragon (pictured below) and a Mudslide later. I forgot to take a picture of because I was in and out of the restaurant taking phone calls. BLAH!!!"

Welsh Dragon - Peach schnapps, melon liqueur, creme de menthe, orange and pineapple juice

Dino Bite Snacks

"We had this snack from "Dino-Bites" next to Restaurantosaurus. It was cheaper than the cone and had more ice cream.
The cookies were soft and full of chocolate. I would certainly get this again!"

Les Halles

"We shared a Apple Turnover and baguette, as well as I had a Napoleon and DH had a Chocolate Croissant. The Baguette was perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Ask them for butter!! The Apple Turnover was really flaky and delicious. I wasn't impressed with the Napoleon because it was impossible to eat!!! The layers were soggy already and I had to eat each layer individually because it was just flat impossible!! DH loved the croissant but wished it had more chocolate in it. (Don't we all?!?!?)"

Then a stop at the Mitsukoshi store in Japan to...

Pick-a-Pearl

"I got a 7 3/4 mm pink pearl!! Whooohooo!!!"

"We then headed over to get some treats at..."

Karamell Kuche

"I had the pretzel stick with caramel & pecans (the one my mom is holding). The pecans on it tasted like honey roasted peanuts, and it was amazing!!! My dad had a chocolate and caramel covered pineapple. He really enjoyed it. We also snacked on some of the freshly made caramel corn, that was irresistible after watching it being made!"

Daisy added, "I included a bunch of pictures from inside Karamell Kuche, which doesn't describe how small that shop really is! It may be small, but boy oh boy does it smell wonderful. Ahhhh... I miss it already!!!"

Kringla Og

"DH ran ahead while we were enjoying the Tipsy Duck to Norway to grab School Bread. He apparently saw this on the thread and had to have one. I totally forgot about them, but it was great! They tasted really fresh, light and very creamy. If you don't like coconut then don't bother with this!!"

And last but not least...

"Well that's all DisBoard friends. DaisyluvzGoofy signing off for reporting. Thanks to all of you who influenced my dining plans. If anyone has any questions about our experience please let me know!"

Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #3566
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

SmallWorld71

SmallWorld71 will be at Disney World from 4/17 - 4/19 and has offered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, SmallWorld71!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #3567
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by MickQuinn.

She said, "For lunch yesteraday at Animal Kingdom we stopped by the Bradley Falls cart...

"It was getting warm, so we shared the Asian Noodle Salad, summer rolls and edamame. These were all served cold and were really light and refreshing. We added some of the peanut sauce from the summer rolls into the noodles...really good flavor."

"The CM asked if we wanted extra salt. Yes, please."

"We went to Epcot in the afternoon. The Doofensurper was on Quinn's "must try" list. It didn't taste as nasty as it looked."

"The flask cup is really cute."

The Phineas and Ferb menu at the Fife & Drum...

"Then we popped into Germany's Karamell Kuche to pick up some caramel popcorn."

5 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for menu pics & pic of Quinn and First Update of the Day

Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #3568
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next this morning, I received several updates from mommakacie yesterday. Her trip ended last week on the 10th but she had problems with sending her updates while there due to the Disney WiFi. I will post a couple of these this morning and then save the rest for tonight, since we are a little short on live reporters today (only 2 there now).

This first update is from the Yacht & Beach Club's...

Hurricane Hanna's

Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich with a four-cheese blend, tomato, avocado and arugula

Kacie said, "It was really good. A note to anyone who eats there, though. Watch your food carefully. Someone at the next table over from us had the lobster roll and they walked away from the table for a minute and there were birds taking lobster meat off his sandwich! They flew in and snatched some and flew away!"

"The next picture is the chicken nuggets and fries from Hurricane Hannah's. Kids meal, served in a bucket with a shovel. Also included a bowl of watermelon pieces."

"The next picture are 2 cupcakes from BabyCakes at Downtown Disney. The one of the left is the brownie cupcake with chocolate icing. The one on the right is the carrot cake cupcake."

"The last picture are the Macho Nachos from the ESPN Zone at the Boardwalk. Those were yummy!!!"

Macho Nachos - Crispy Corn Tortilla Chips topped with Chili, Cheddar Sauce, Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream, and Jalapenos

7 April Game Points Earned

Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #3569
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now back to announcing another of our Top 5 scorers for the
February/March Game.

#3 - Arielle71

Arielle71 and her DH were at WDW from 3/24 - 4/10.
She scored 159 points with the many updates she sent us during her trip.

Chefs de France

"We both had the lobster bisque 4.5/5. While we were eating our soup we had a small visitor at our table !"

Bisque de homard - Lobster bisque - $8.99

"I had the Croque-Monsieur, it was good but the outer part of the bread was to dry for me 3.5/5"

Croque monsieur et salade verte - The classic french toasted ham and cheese sandwich. served with a green salad - $13.99

"My DH had the Quiche Lorraine 4.5/5"

Quiche Lorraine - The famous ham and cheese quiche served with a mixed green salad - $14.99

"We shared the Proscuitto e Melone to start and then the pepperoni pizza."

Then for lunch on Tuesday, Arielle71 and her DH had lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "I had the burger with mushrooms and grilled onions and my DH had the Philly Cheesesteak...both were pretty good and their fries are really nice."

Then for dinner last night they park hopped over to Epcot and dined at...

Teppan Edo

"We chose the scallops and the filet mignon entrees and we shared both...we had a great female cook, the best we've had there in more than 10 visits!"

"We also had great dining companions and the food was nice and piping hot."

"After dinner DH was brought a birthday ginger cake."

"For lunch we had sundaes at Ghirardelli. Mine was a Mint Bliss and DH had the Espresso one (I forgot the real name). This was a good and refreshing lunch!"

Espresso Escape - two scoops of espresso chip ice cream, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a square of Espresso Escape Intense Dark chocolate
-and -
Mint Bliss - one scoop of mint chip ice cream, one scoop of chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a square of Mint Bliss Intense Dark chocolate

And last but not least, Arielle's great update from the Flower & Garden Festival booths...

FRUITS BY THE GLASS
World Showcase Plaza

Wild Berry Slush (Non Alcoholic) - Rating 4.5/5

FLORIDA FRESH
World Showcase Promenade, Mexico side

Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro - Rating 5/5
& Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction - Rating 5/5

JARDIN DE FIESTAS
Mexico

Tacos de Carnitas (Pork Tacos topped with Tamarindo salsa, served on a flour tortilla with Chicharrón) - Rating 4/5

LOTUS HOUSE
China

Spring Pancake with Grilled Chicken and Green Apple - Rating 3.5/5
& Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries - Rating 5/5

BAUERNMARKT: Farmer’s Market
Germany

Potato Pancakes with house made Apple Sauce - Rating 3/5
& Goose Island Brewing Company’s Honker Ale - Rating 3/5

PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
Italy

Asparagi con Aragosta all’Ortolana (Green asparagus, lobster, garden cocktail sauce) - Rating 5/5
& Panna Cotta al Limoncello (Limoncello flavored Panna Cotta, wild berries) - Rating 4/5

HANAMI
Japan

Frushi (Fresh strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe rolled with coconut rice, atop a raspberry sauce sprinkled with toasted coconut and whipped cream) - Rating 4/5

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE
World Showcase Promenade, Canada side

Dole® Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum - Rating 3/5

"The winners of today: Shrimp & Grits, Asparagus and Lobster, and the Strawberries...they were big, juicy and very sweet. I told DH that I need to find how to redo that at home! Biggest disappointment: the Dole Whip. I loooove dole whips but it was really bitter with the rum."

Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #3570
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now one more two-part update from mommakacie.

Part I is from Magic Kingdom's...

Pecos Bill's

She said, "We all got the taco salad. This is the taco shell with taco meat that they give you. There's a fixings bar that had cheese, sour cream, lettuce, salsa, tomatoes, etc. It was good, but be warned, they don't give you a whole lot of meat."

And Part II is from DHS'...

Toy Story Pizza Planet

Kacie said, "This is the pepperoni pizza and Caesar salad. The pizza was pretty good. Most of the meals come with a small salad. Mine didn't have hardly any dressing on it, but I ate my husband's, too, and his did. Mine must have come from the bottom of the bowl."

6 April Game Points Earned

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: