Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #3511
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

MickQuinn

MickQuinn will be at Disney World from 4/12 - 4/18 and has offered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, MickQuinn!!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #3512
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by the live reporting team of emmebear and rachel09985.

First from emmebear...

And then later this afternoon...

"We made it, and Rachel beat us here!"

3 Misc. April Bonus Points Awarded + 1 Point for First Update of the Day
I have a question for you Emmebear. What kind of room are you in at Riverside? We will be staying there for our first few days in May, switched from going to Universal, and have one of the rooms with the light up headboards. I can't remember the name of the room right now. Sorry. But is that the kind of room you are in? Because it looks really cool. And are those queen sized beds? Sorry for the questions but inquiring minds you know.

Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #3513
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now for some updates sent to us last night, beginning with one from emmebear & rachel09985.

After arriving at Disney World yesterday, they were off to DHS...

...and dinner at...

First some menu pics...

"Warm rolls...

...and the butter was yummy!

"Sam Adams seasonal. Wasn't super cold."

"Emme's Grilled Cheese. She wasn't a fan of the Triple decker. It was hard to eat."

Open wide!

"Rachel's Cobb salad minus blue cheese. I thought it was ok. The avocado tasted funny. It wasn't life changing as others have said."

"Emme & Rachel playing with the dingle hopper."

"The pork chop was huge and quite tasty. I feel like it was a good value compared to the very small chicken chicken breast Rachel had. It wasn't very pretty to look at though. The stuff on the bottom was kind of a hot mess. But the pork was tender and juicy."

And for dessert...

"The grapefruit cake was surprisingly good and not very sweet. The garnish is edible (well I took a bite). We shared the cake and Emme loved her ice cream."

"Our server was very disinterested and anti-social. He wasn't very warm or welcoming. Just did the basics and that was it. Overall, it was an ok meal. I probably won't be back in the near future and Rachel called this the "try it and cross it off your list" experience."

But at least there was almost no wait for TSM last night!

3 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for name, menu, and pics of Emme, emmebear, & Rachel and misc. other pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #3514
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then we also received an update last night from roxysmum123.

She said, "Dinner last night was buffet at...

1900 Park Fare

"The food was good as were the characters. I was slightly disappointed as the stepsisters are on the roster but were not there last night much to my dismay. However, the mice Suzy and Perla were on hand and they were delightful. As for the food, my first plate and desserts are all I photographed. We have a few salads, some Guinness stew and mashed potatoes. Not pictured but highly recommended is the Durban chicken."

"The desserts were good but the one with the meringue on it was a miss. The crust to filling ratio was off."

"Breakfast today was at...

Roaring Fork

"Mickey waffles with strawberries. I was very pleased to see fresh strawberries and not that from a can strawberry sauce. Delightful way to begin the day!"

"No photos from lunch, it was a repeat of Columbia Harbour House's fried shrimp goodness!"

6 April Game Points Earned

Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #3515
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I have a question for you Emmebear. What kind of room are you in at Riverside? We will be staying there for our first few days in May, switched from going to Universal, and have one of the rooms with the light up headboards. I can't remember the name of the room right now. Sorry. But is that the kind of room you are in? Because it looks really cool. And are those queen sized beds? Sorry for the questions but inquiring minds you know.

Thanks!

Hi Chris! I passed on your questions to emmebear and here was her reply...

"It's a queen sized bed. And we are in the Royal Guest bedroom! It's Tiana's room with special gifts from her princess friends. It's a beautiful room."

Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #3516
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

After reading Rachel and Emmebear's HBD review made me go hmmmmmmm.... I wonder if they had the same waiter we did last time. Cute photos of Emme but their photos... they put me to shame with my little 'ole camera.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #3517
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
After reading Rachel and Emmebear's HBD review made me go hmmmmmmm.... I wonder if they had the same waiter we did last time. Cute photos of Emme but their photos... they put me to shame with my little 'ole camera.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing, and then I remembered I had a very uninterested and anti social woman. Service that night was so bad, that it made the not so great food even worse. HBD is definitely crossed off my list.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #3518
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by the reporting team of emmebear and rachel09985.

The journey to their breakfast this morning looks like it began with a SRO bus ride to Magic Kingdom...

Followed by a boat ride to the Grand Floridian Resort...

...for their breakfast at...

Emme's Plate

Tigger and the Mad Hatter were great...

emmebear said, "Overall it was a fun breakfast. We had a great time! The food was decent and the character interaction was great. I think it was a great value and had something for everyone."

More great pics from their 1900 Park Fare Breakfast can be seen in Post 3530.

5 April Game Points Earned + 10 Bonus Points for sign, menus, character pics, pics of emmebear, Rachel, & Emme, First Update of the Day and misc. pics

Last edited by jabead; 04-13-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #3519
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next our reporting team was off to Epcot...

emmebear's new RFID Annual Pass

Rachel's first stop was at the...

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE
World Showcase Promenade, Canada side

Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade – Non Alcoholic

"Rachel loves it!"

Emme's first stop was at...

And emmebear's first stop was at the...

"Nice cold Stella. A great pour!"

Then Rachel stopped at the...

THE COTTAGE: Savories, Trifles and Tea
United Kingdom

Trio of Trifles - Chocolate Trifle, Berry Trifle and Ginger and Tea Trifle

"The berry triffle was her favorite."

Next stop, France's...

L’ORANGERIE

Tarte à la ratatouille et fromage de chèvre (Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato tart with goat cheese)

"Tart tasted like pizza. Not much goat cheese flavor. But tasty."

La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush (Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain liquor with White and Red Cranberry Juice)

"Aurora's new dress!"

Next stop Italy's...

Asparagi con Aragosta all’Ortolana (Green asparagus, lobster, garden cocktail sauce)

"Rachel got the dish I hate. The lobster and asparagus. Ugh. It's so expensive and so not worth it. She liked it but said it wasn't worth it."

Lasagna Primavera (Spinach Lasagna, green peas, zucchini, mushrooms, broccolini, béchamel and fresh tomatoes, with garlic and basil leaves)

"I got the lasagna. It was tasty. Huge portion."

Then on to Germany's...

BAUERNMARKT: Farmer’s Market

Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Peas and Wild Mushroom Ragout

"This was Rachel's pick. Not as salty as when I had it."

Krombacher Hefeweizen

Then on to Mexico's...

"Blood orange margarita. Strong and yummy!"

Crab tostada served with Chipotle Mayo and Valentina Salsa

"The tostada shrunk! How disappointing. It's stale and small. But lots of crab on it."

Rosita Margarita

And then from...

Florida Fresh

Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro

Orange Blossom Pilsner

17 April Game Points Earned + 10 sign, menu, etc. Bonus Points

Old 04-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #3520
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hi Chris! I passed on your questions to emmebear and here was her reply...

"It's a queen sized bed. And we are in the Royal Guest bedroom! It's Tiana's room with special gifts from her princess friends. It's a beautiful room."
Thank you! Can't wait until May!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #3521
jabead
DIS Veteran

Here are some more updates from emmebear and rachel09985, starting with Emme's dinner tonight at...

"Emme's meal. Her three favorite things! Total cost $6.68"

"Emme using her chopsticks we bought in Japan."

"Strawberry shortcake. Delicious!"

Then some more Flower & Garden booths, starting with...

FRUITS BY THE GLASS
World Showcase Plaza

Florida Orange Groves Mango Mama Mango Wine & Sea Dog Blue Paw Wild Blueberry Beer

"Rachel's choices. The blueberry beer was gross. Mango wine is sweet."

THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews
The American Adventure Courtyard

Rocky Road Brownie Mousse

Rachel said, "This was good but very rich, as others have said. I definitely needed a water with it."

HANAMI
Japan

Chirashi Hanazushi (Grilled Salmon, cooked shrimp and crab stick served over a bed of fragrant ginger rice with Volcano and Dynamite sauce)

"Rachel said she loved it."

Then emmebear's dinner at...

"Chicken and lamb shawarma. Lamb was cold and dry. Chicken was way better. Was expensive but was a satisfactory meal. The cous cous was too sweet. The tabbouleh was excellent. I thought the hummus was mediocre."

And Rachel's dinner was from France's...

Les Halles

"Croissant with ham and bechamel was yummy and so buttery and flaky. The creme brulee was delicious and light and creamy."

13 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Point for pic of Emme, sign & menu pics

Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #3522
jabead
DIS Veteran

Last for tonight are a couple of updates sent to us by a new reporter who arrived at Disney World today, MickQuinn.

The first one was from Magic Kingdom's...

Casey's Corner

She said, "The corn dog nuggets were piping hot. We had to go searching both condiment bars to find the plastic cheese to dip them in."

"Then tonight the MickQuinn family headed here to enjoy treats and a nice view of Wishes."

TOMORROWLAND TERRACE WISHES DESSERT PARTY

"The pistachio creme brûlée was yummy. Berry tart, cannoli, chocolate peanut butter tart and apple crumble, too."

6 April Game Points Earned

Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #3523
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Barbara, I am going a a solo last minute trip in 2 weeks and would love to do live reports to you. Let me know. Lori
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #3524
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Barbara, I am going a a solo last minute trip in 2 weeks and would love to do live reports to you. Let me know. Lori

Absolutely, would love to have you again Lori! Do you still have my cell number? And what are your exact dates, so I can add you to my calendar?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #3525
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have one more update to post that was emailed to me last night after I went to bed. This one is from roxysmum123.

She said, "Sorry! Last few days have been busy busy!"

"Thursday night dinner was with Deena (LuvLuvLuv) at...

Chefs de France

"We had a late lunch but decided poolside that this was what the doctor ordered. We each had soup and shared a flatbread..."

"My soup was bisque de homard. It's delicious and had nice big pieces of lobster in it."

"Deena ordered the Soupe a l'oignon gratinee. This looked quite good and might be my order next time.
Also, that's the lovely Baguette you get with your meal."

"We split the flatbread a la flame alsacienne. This was amazing, I can't believe I hadn't tried it before.
This will be ordered in the future!"

"Dessert for Deena was the chocolate mousse. The table next to us ordered it based on what they saw here. It looked lovely and would be an easy choice for any chocolate lover."

"I chose the strawberry cake which was also very nice. Light, which was a nice change for me considering how fried and heavy my meals have been this week. I probably wouldn't order it again, but mostly because I think that chocolate mousse is calling my name."

3 April Game Points Earned

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: