Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #3376
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay, well done Brenda - I agree with Barb, you HAVE to keep going back to WDW in order to keep your superior knowledge up to date !!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #3377
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

So many yummy updates the past two days. I cannot look at this thread on an empty stomach.

I would absolutely love to do live updates again! It was so much fun last time. My dates are July 16-23.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #3378
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
I would love to do July!

I will at " the Darkside " July 8th and 9th and could do live reports from there before my Disney stay which is July 10-16th.

I will be with a party of 9 so lots of meals to report on. I have ADR's for Boatwrights, Ohana, Prime Time, Mama Melrose, Coral Reef, Crystal Palace and a couple of others I can't remember.

I love this thread ( long time lurker ) and would love to be a part of it.

Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I have been waiting (not so) patiently to see if you would be continuing this thread so I can be a live reporter! Thank you so much! I'm so excited to contribute to my favorite thread on the DisOur dates are 7/7-7/13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post
So many yummy updates the past two days. I cannot look at this thread on an empty stomach.

I would absolutely love to do live updates again! It was so much fun last time. My dates are July 16-23.

I'll get a July list started right away. Thank you all for being our first July volunteers!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - #3
- and - APRIL 2014 REVIEW - My Solo Birthday Trip

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 04-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #3379
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

mommakacie

mommakacie - Kacie will be at Disney World from 4/3 - 4/10 and she has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Kacie!!!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 04-02-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #3380
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

Love this thread, thank you for doing this!

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #3381
jabead
DIS Veteran

We have already received many updates today, so let's get started!

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by PirateRachel from her breakfast yesterday at...

Roaring Fork

She said, "Phew! The family is trying to wear me out...but we are having a great time. Yesterday we split two Bounty Platters. They were fine, just needed to be hotter."

She also included an update from her lunch yesterday at...

"For lunch we tried the Sci Fi. They were taking walk ups at 11:00 when I checked in."

"Jon had the burger and fries, he cleaned his plate."

Smoked Turkey Sandwich - Smoked Turkey, crispy Bacon, Lettuce, and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with Avocado Mayonnaise on Multigrain Bread served with French Fries

"I had the turkey sandwich. The bread was whole grain but a tad on the hard and chewy side around the crust, so I cut it off. I know I'm acting like a 3 year old."

Chicken Pasta - Whole-Grain Penne Pasta, Sauteed Chicken with Olive Oil, Garlic, Basil, and fresh Tomatoes topped with Parmesan

"Kaiti had the chicken pasta dish. It looked really good and she enjoyed it."

"Josh had the Kids Chicken Nuggets and Fries. He ate most of it. He really enjoyed the Kids ice cream sundae and slurped down all of it."

"Our server was Flora and she was a sweetie. We rushed through this meal because we had fast passes for Toy Story Mania. I felt like I couldn't enjoy it as much as I should have. The wait for Toy Story was 65 minutes at 8:15. Just crazy!"

6 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics and First Update of the Day

Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #3382
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then later this morning PirateRachel sent us a few more updates.

The first was a snack update from this kiosk (near the Flights of Wonder) at Animal Kingdom.

She said, "We had a snack at Animal Kingdom, where it was really crowded and balmy. We had the Shangri-La Berry Freeze. It was a nice strawberry frozen drink and cooled us down."

"Then last night we had dinner at..."

"We love Animal Kingdom Lodge and have stayed here several times."

First some buffet pictures...

"Durbin chicken, excellent choice if you aren't a big adventurous eater!"

"My first plate was salad greens with mango dressing. It was very tasty. I also had all three kinds of hummus. I love this stuff but my favorite was the black olive hummus."

"I also had bowl of spicy seafood gumbo. It was delicious! Just the right amount of spiciness."

"Josh had the beef and rice. He ate nothing, not even a bite. Later he had two chocolate chip cookies and a brownie from the dessert selection. What can you do?"

"This is Jon's plate. He had the curry pasta salad, beef strip loin, and salmon. He said everything was great."

"My second plate was better than the first! The strip loin had a fantastic taste. I tried the Boma BBQ sauce. It was better than expected, delicious! I wish I had more. The salmon was good, fresh and flaky. I tried the pap. I like grits but this was thicker and started to cool and get a gel like consistency. Bleh! The lamb stew was good also."

"This soup is really good. Black-eyed peas, ham and mustard greens."

"Ahhhh...Desserts! What can I say, so yummy! My favorite was the peanut butter butterscotch little lump and the bread pudding with vanilla sauce. The rest of the little desserts were fine and tasty as well."

"We love Boma and will continue to enjoy it. Maybe when Josh is older he will appreciate different foods. Kaiti is 16 and will try anything and enjoys unusual foods!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for signs, menu and buffet pics

Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #3383
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then PirateRachel also sent this lunch update from today.

She said, "We skipped breakfast, so we ate lunch early at..."

Columbia Harbour House

"I had the shrimp with fries. It was piping hot and delicious. The shrimp were nice and crunchy. This is a big meal and I ate the whole thing!"

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bread

"Jon had the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich. He said it was good and ate the crust and all."

"Kaiti had the chicken nugget meal with fries. She enjoyed it."

"Josh had the Kids nuggets, grapes and yogurt. He ate some of my fries and a few bites of nuggets. Pretty typical of a child's plate!"

"I like this place and will eat here again. Magic Kingdom was really nice early this morning, not crazy crowded like last night!"

"Have to brag about my Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin score! Ha!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Buzz score

Old 04-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #3384
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we received some updates from a new reporter who arrived yesterday, HoneyBeeM.

She said, "Last night, we got in late to POR and headed to Riverside Mill for dinner."

"We all got the same thing - the freshly sliced turkey with fixins'."

"We got Kids portions, which was more than enough food!"

"Lest you think it's that fake turkey like you get in some places, they brought out a freshly roasted turkey breakfast right in front of us!
It was delicious!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and turkey breast pics

Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #3385
jabead
DIS Veteran

HoneyBeeM also sent us a breakfast update from this morning.

Her Uncle, DSis, and HoneyBeeM (on the right)

She said, "We had such a wonderful time, and couldn't believe how great the food was! Our server, Vinnie, was so nice. This was our first character meal in about 10 years! My mom remembers eating there in the 70's and Vinnie reminisced with her! She loved that."

"Pooh's Puffed French Toast is as good as everyone says!"

"The eggs were perfectly cooked!"

"The omelet station was also great. This is a mushroom and cheddar. Love me some mushrooms!"

"Granola was fresh. Hidden Mickey!"

"We all kept saying we are definitely coming back here. Great experience!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for pic with Piglet and sign

Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 PM   #3386
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we received a couple of updates from Kayleigh (KMarston).

She said, "We noshed around the World Showcase last night but my phone was charging in the backpack.
This was our dinner from..."

La Cava de Tequila

"Queso con Jalapeño and a Blood Orange Margarita and a Dos Equis Amber. Margarita was awesome!"

"I also had the Avocado Margarita. I had seen pics on the DIS and was intrigued! It was SO refreshing! I could have downed a pitcher! Unfortunately, I don't think Jimmy and the kids would have been able to get me back to the car!"

"I read where someone in the DIS said La Cava de Tequila has the best chips you'll never remember eating!"

Then Kayleigh also included an update from their lunch today at...

Be our Guest

She said, "The line was long at 10:30 but moved quickly. Jimmy and I both had the Croque Monsieur. We were starved and it was hot, tasty and filling! I had the Lemon Merangue Cupcake. I have to tell you that I'm not a sweet eater. I don't care for cupcakes or iced cakes at all. This was heaven! It was so light and tart and barely sweet! Chris had this as well and loved it."

Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham, Gruyere cheese, and bechamel with Pommes Frites

"Carla had the grilled steak sandwich. She felt it was dry but added some mayo and finished every bite."

"She also had the chocolate cream puff and believe it or not she wasn't crazy about it. She thought the pastry was bitter."

"Chris started with the french onion soup and had the Braised Pork with mashed potatoes and green beans and loved it! He ended up eating Jimmy's triple chocolate cupcake as well since Jimmy wasn't crazy about it."

"The castle was beautiful and we very much enjoyed our time here. I did cancel our dinner ADRs for Friday night just to open up the last day in case we don't head back to the Magic Kingdom."

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of Carla

Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #3387
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our last update for today was sent to us by HoneyBeeM.

She said, "Tried my hand at eating around the World. Started in Germany."

Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Peas and Wild Mushroom Ragout

"Mushroom lovers will adore this. I thought it tasted like a creamy mushroom soup over bread. Very good!"

"Next up Italy..."

Lasagna Primavera (Spinach Lasagna, green peas, zucchini, mushrooms, broccolini, béchamel and fresh tomatoes, with garlic and basil leaves)

"It comes with a tangy marinara sauce on top. We thought it was delicious. A very light lasagna."

"Japan next..."

Frushi (Fresh strawberries, pineapple and cantaloupe rolled with coconut rice, atop a raspberry sauce sprinkled with toasted coconut and whipped cream)

"It looks prettier than it tastes. It was very bland. Picked the fruit out and tossed the rest."

"Forgot to snap a shot of the Cottage, as Illuminations was revving up."

Trio of Trifles - Chocolate Trifle, Berry Trifle, and Ginger and Tea Trifle

"The Trio of Trifles was great! I liked the chocolate and berry trifles the best. The lime one was a bit too strong for me."

6 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign pics

Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #3388
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Where in the World is jabead?

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?

The results are in for the WITWIJ Game!!!

First I have to say that I was surprised at how easily and quickly that the game participants were able to come up with the correct locations. I really thought I might be able to stump you with a few of the uncommon restaurants that I chose, but I underestimated the level of Disney food knowledge that you have all attained here.

There were 17 people who were able to score game points and those 17 scored a total of 120 points! So congrats to all 17 of you, as I know how difficult it was to be the first to post the correct answer.

Here were the TOP 5 Scorers:

#5 auntfrannie - 11 points

Three-way tie for #2, each scoring 12 points - jedijill, emmebear, & smile4stamps

And our #1 with 14 points scored...

emmysmommy

And so by the power vested in me as the Keeper of the Live Thread, I now bestow upon you Brenda, the honorary title of Master (or Mistress, if you prefer) of Disney Food Knowledge. Of course, in order to maintain this title and uphold the responsiblities that come with it, you must make frequent trips to Disney World and report back to us your findings.
That's so funny!! I didn't think that I was keeping up with the thread since I kept popping in late at night. I guess I must thank you Barb for your late updates from WDW!!!

I'm just glad that you and your family enjoyed so much great food!

I will definitely work on the "continuous education units" to maintain my status! Our next trip is August (Vicki you'll be there!!) then December where I expect to see some other familiar faces! Oh, and D-land with Linda next week!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #3389
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Let's begin the day with yesterday's updates from Susan (jecskc).

For some reason Susan's breakfast makes me crave a McMuffin! Mmmmm!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #3390
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post

I will definitely work on the "continuous education units" to maintain my status! Our next trip is August (Vicki you'll be there!!) then December where I expect to see some other familiar faces! Oh, and D-land with Linda next week!
Yes, ma'am we will! I think you said you arrive on the 17th, right?

Barb mentioned the big December trip! What are the dates for that? Not sure if I can make it or not but I did mention it to DH and he is all for me meeting up with you all if finances allow! I would be travelling solo which will be a first for me ... and probably be a bit weird. But I guess I would have to bring my big girl pants!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: