Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #16
jabead
DIS Veteran

Two updates on 9/20

Ginamarie & family had lunch today at Epcot's...

Le Cellier

Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon
Le Cellier signature dish served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce

Ginamarie said, "This was delicious as ever! The filet is one of our all time favorite dishes."

And for dessert...

Canadian Chocolate Mousse ("Moose")

And for dinner tonight, Ginamarie & family dined at Epcot's...

Tutto Italia

Risoto al Frutti di Mare
Canaroli rice, shrimp, squid, clams, mussels, and a light tomato sauce

Ginamarie said, "Hubby loved this and ate every morsel."

Gnocchetti
Cavatelli pasta, sweet sausage ragu, a light tomato sauce, and topped with pecorino cheese

Ginamarie said, "Sister had this and called it her new favorite dish."

Polenta Valsugana -Traditional Northern Italian creamy polenta and melted fontina
Served with braised short ribs, meatballs, sweet and piccanti pork sausages

Ginamarie said, "They serve the meat and polenta separately and then you mix it together in your own plate.
The polenta was perfect and creamy and the meat was the best accompaniment with their sweet and fresh tomato sauce."

And for dessert...

Torta Di Nocciole "Cortemilia"
Hazelnut polenta cake, nutella, and sweet cream cheese

Ginamarie said, "This was really unusual. The cake is kind of dry, but good! You can definitely get the hazelnut and nutella taste and the nutella creamy top added a light texture to even it out. Even the chocolate swirl on top had a hazelnut flavor."

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #17
jabead
DIS Veteran

Two updates on 9/21

Ginamarie & Family had lunch today at the Contemporary Resort's...

Contempo Cafe

Hot Turkey Sandwich topped with Brie, green apples and arugala on Challah bread & Pepperoni Flatbread

Ginamarie said, "I had the sandwich and it was very good...a nice light selection for a hot day!"

Bacon Cheeseburger with French Fries

And for their desserts...

Worms and Dirt & Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cupcake

Apple Spice Cupcake with Apple and Craisin Filling

Ginamarie said, "Cupcakes were huge and we split them up."

Ginamarie & Family were at the Polynesian Resort tonight having dinner at...

'OHANA

'Ohana Welcome Bread (Pineapple-Coconut Bread)

Mixed Greens with a honey-lime dressing

Honey Coriander Chicken Wings and Pork fried dumplings (plus an anxious baby hand )

Ginamarie said, "We also had noodles, mixed veggies, and skewers, but the camera was off taking pictures of the kids. The skewers were chicken (delicious and better/more moist and flavorful than I remembered), Asian Barbecued pork (good and a little spicy), sirloin steak (so good!, I would have eaten more but was stuffed), and spicy peel-n-eat shrimp (wonderful, I loved the spicy kick in these which was enough to add some heat without making it too spicy for the kids)"

And then of course, for dessert was...

The Famous 'Ohana Bread Pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
jabead
DIS Veteran

Two updates from 9/22

It's snack time for Ginamarie & family back at their resort, Port Orleans French Quarter...

Beignets from Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Ginamarie said, "Love them! Hot, crispy and moist in the middle...perfection!"

Ginamarie & family had dinner at the Polynesian Resort again tonight, but this time they dined at...

Kona Cafe

Here is the menu they were given (which is different than any of the current online menus)...

Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna
Served with Tempura Fried Vegetable Maki Roll and Red Wine Reduction

Ginamarie said, "Hubby liked his tuna, but said the vegetable rolls were the best thing on the plate."

Kona Coffee-rubbed Pork Chop
Grilled and served with Wild Mushrooms and Bacon-Potato Gratin, and Seasonal Vegetables (Corn)

Ginamarie said, "I got the coffee encrusted pork...it was ok. The crust tasted more like pepper than coffee. The corn was good, but the potato casserole that sounded so good on the menu was a disappointment. It looked grey and tasted bland. The whole dish needed something bright and acidic."

Kid's Ravioli

Ginamarie said, "This was a tiny portion. The six year old didn't care for it, but the baby loved it. Baby also loved the chicken noodle soup, which I didn't photograph. Other son got the hot dog, which came with no side, just a fruit cup appetizer and ketchup. It was weird.

And for dessert...

Kilauea Torte
An explosion of warm liquid Chocolate inside Chocolate Cookie Volcano

Ginamarie said, "This was good, but the molten center was overcooked and solid instead of liquid."

Pineapple Upside Down Cake
with Lemongrass and Caramel Sauces

Ginamarie said, "Hubby ate every morsel!"

Kid's Ice Cream Sundae

Ginamarie said, "This was basic, tasty, and cute."

Kid's Yogurt Parfait

Ginamarie said, "Daughter loved it!"

Ginamarie's final thoughts, "Kona seemed a little off tonight. I'm hoping it was a fluke."

Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #19
jabead
DIS Veteran

An update from 9/23

Ginamarie & family were at Animal Kingdom and had lunch at...

Restaurantosaurus

Chicken Breast Nuggets - 8 pieces served with choice of apple slices or fries
Mac 'n Cheese Hot Dog (I couldn't find this on any menus, so maybe this is new???)
Chocolate Mousse x 2 for dessert!

Ginamarie said, "The nuggets were surprisingly good-white meat and juicy. The hot dog was also good.
We were disappointed to see the shrimp po boy off of the menu though."

For dinner, they were back at the Sassagoula Floatworks food court at their resort, POFQ. ( sorry no pictures)

Ginamarie said, "We had a chicken quesadilla that was really good! Cheesy and full of large chicken chunks.
It was oddly served with baked beans though."

"Also had fried chicken, which is still the hubby's favorite. Always hot, fresh, and nicely seasoned."

"And for dessert, a very good brownie and two scoops of chocolate ice cream...so good! I couldn't finish the ice cream, but put the leftovers in a cup so it would make a milkshake for today."

Note from jabead: I was able to find a couple of Sassagoula menu pics online which show the items that Ginamarie & family chose.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #20
jabead
DIS Veteran

Three updates from 9/24

Today Ginamarie & family are at Magic Kingdom, where they had breakfast at...

Main Street Bakery

Iced Mocha, Crumb Cake, Yogurt Parfait, and a Cinnamon Roll

Ginamarie said, "MAIN STREET BAKERY ROCKS!!!"

Snack time for Ginamarie & family was at...

Main Street Confectionery

Gingerbread man, Mickey ear brownie, and Chocolate-covered pineapple spear

Ginamarie said, The pineapple was mine and it was so good! Fresh with a healthy layer of chocolate.
I did need a wet wipe afterwards because I was covered in pineapple juice, but it was worth it!

Ginamarie & family had dinner tonight at Magic Kingdom's...

Crystal Palace

Buffet with Character

On this plate: Apples, carrots, salad (lots to choose from), rice, and a sunflower seed roll

On this plate: Pork marsala, more rice, beef loin, turkey, broccoli, sweet & sour wings, and mashed potatoes

Ginamarie said, "Everyone liked this meal. There was a big variety, even for desserts, but I was too full to indulge."

Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #21
jabead
DIS Veteran

Update#1 for 9/25

Ginamarie & family are at Epcot today, where they had lunch at...

Chefs de France

First the Kids' Meals...

Blanc de Poulet aux Nouilles
Kid's Breaded Chicken Strips served with pasta

"Daughter added a tiny bit of sauce before photo was taken. The sauce was served on the side."

Filet de limande saute avec haricots vert et tomates
Kid's Pan roasted Flounder served with green beans and tomatoes

"Couldn't believe this was a kid's meal. Son LOVED it and ate every bite, which is unusual for him.
Never thought my three year old would love fish the most of the whole vacation."

Demi poulet fermier roti Pommes rissolees et broccoli
Half of an all natural roasted chicken, rissole potatoes and broccoli

Ginamarie said, "My chicken was amazing!"

Gratin de macaroni
Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

"This was very rich, but sister enjoyed it!"

Plat de cote de boeuf au cabernet avee pates
Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet wine with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms

"Hubby had the short ribs...loved it!"

A Visit from Chef Remy

And now for dessert...

Biscuit au chocolat
Kid's Dessert - Chocolate chip cookie

"This was huge!"

Fraisier, sorbet et coulis aux fruits rouges
Strawberry cake with red berry sauce and strawberry sorbet

"Hubby said this was the best sorbet he ever ate!"

Profiterolles au Chocolat
Puff pastries with vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate sauce

This was wonderful! I wanted to lick the chocolate sauce off of the plate!"

Ginamarie's final thoughts, "I LOVED THIS MEAL!!!"

Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #22
jabead
DIS Veteran

Update #2 for 9/25 (New)

Ginamarie & family had dinner tonight at Epcot's...

Teppan Edo

Asakusa - sirloin steak and large shrimp

Chocolate Ginger Cake

Green Tea Pudding

Ginamarie said, Everything was good, though they wouldn't take my Tables in Wonderland card even though I used it there last year."

Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #23
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

So Teppan Edo used to accept TIW? I noticed they weren't on the list anymore, but it's interesting to hear that they once accepted it. Between TE and La Hacienda, I wonder why places are disappearing from the list.

Food looks good though. I want to try that chocolate ginger cake.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #24
jabead
DIS Veteran

Alice BlueBonnet and Snow arrived at Disney World on 9/21 and were there until 9/29.

Alice started with three updates on 9/21

Update from Alice BlueBonnet, reporting live from the Detroit Airport...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice BlueBonnet View Post
Brief update!

We are at the airport happily eating our Earl of Sandwich, however....

I just realized I somehow left my comp park tickets at home .
These tickets are how we are affording this trip, so I am furious with myself.

I'm going to have my friend take pictures of the front and back of them, along with the letter and hope for some Disney magic when I get down there with customer service....otherwise I'm going to have to pay to upgrade our 2 day base tickets we had to buy for free dining to 8 day water parks and more tickets. I'm such an idiot

Oh, and our plane is delayed lol.

But, I'm going to the most magical place on earth, so

TTFN, I've got a plane to catch!

Earl of Sandwich - Detroit Airport

All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, and roma tomato.

The Earl's Club - roast turkey, smoked bacon, Swiss cheese, lettuce and roma tomato and sandwich sauce.

And for dessert...

"This not only looks likes, but tastes just like the food at DTD's Earl of Sandwich. DELISH!"

Alice BlueBonnet & Snow have arrived at the All Star Music Resort, where they got this from the...

Intermission Food Court

Pepperoni Pizza

Alice said, "I know some people hate this pizza but I love it. It tastes like Disney.
This one was a bit too saucy though."

Alice said, "Also, since we added an extra night, we don't have our mugs yet. So it was cheaper to buy a 2L in the store for $3.75 than individual drinks for each of us."
(Good tip, Alice! )

So being at Downtown Disney, Alice BlueBonnet & Snow had to stop in at...

Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop

The Gold Rush - Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter (plus banana) throughout.
Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Squares

Last edited by jabead; 09-30-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #25
jabead
DIS Veteran

Alice had four updates on 9/22

Alice & Snow are at Magic Kingdom today and...

"What is a trip to the MK without a stop at Main Street bakery?"

Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll

Alice said, "Sorry, I had already cut it in half for sharing. It was warm and gooey and SWEET, and since we split it, an excellent use of a snack credit!"

Alice & Snow's next stop was in Tomorrowland at...

Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies

Smoothies Menu

"Cold and very refreshing strawberry banana smoothies!!"

To quote Snow..."oh emm gee!"

And back at Magic Kingdom, Alice & Snow had lunch at...

The Plaza Restaurant

Potato Soup with chives, cheddar and bacon bits on top.

Alice said, "It was an excellent consistency, was not too salty and a perfect starter size.
Essentially it was like eating a soup version of a baked potato."

"Next up, we split the meatloaf and a club (no ham, double turkey...I don't like ham lunchmeat ).
Our PHENOMENAL server Khalid had the kitchen split everything for us before bringing it out!!"

Meatloaf Meal - Slices of home-style meatloaf served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes, gravy and whole kernel corn.

"The meatloaf was good, tasted like homemade. We actually both ate the corn first."

Plaza Club - smoked ham (replaced by double turkey), turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on toasted multi-grain bread

"The club was good, and the fries here are always perfect."

Brownie Sundae (split in half) - vanilla ice cream and a fudge brownie topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cherry

And a close-up shot...

"For dessert, we split the brownie sundae. It was good, but I would have liked it more if the brownie was warmed up first.
The ice cream that accompanied this dish was authentic vanilla bean and complimented the brownie well.
We also split a strawberry shake to go, which was phenomenal and had chunks of strawberries throughout."

Alice & Snow were at the Grand Floridian Resort tonight, having dinner at...

1900 Park Fare

Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner

Alice said, "We both thought the food was ok, nothing spectacular. We didn't find any unusual choices, with the exception of the strawberry soup. Standard fare. An odd omission was that the only chicken was drumsticks on the kids buffet. There was a good vegan noodle salad that I quite enjoyed though."

On to dessert...

Alice said, "I wanted to love it, but...I didn't. The best thing on my plate was the crumble on the apple crumble and the raspberry on the cheesecake. The carrot cake was dry and sort of bland. The key lime pie didn't taste like key lime at all, but had a definite "fake" lime taste. The bread pudding was ok. The cheesecake was generic and I found the spice on the apples in the crumble heavy. Snow also tried a rice crispy, and even that didn't do well (she said not enough marshmallow)."

"Oh, Snow also had her birthday acknowledged with a cupcake."

Alice's final thoughts, "Overall, stepsisters and evil stepmother and the prince were excellent.
Cindy left quite a bit to be desired.
Would we eat here again? Probably not, at least not for dinner."

Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
jabead
DIS Veteran

Alice had four updates on 9/23

Alice & Snow spent the day today at DHS, where they had a pre-park opening breakfast at...

Hollywood & Vine Play 'n Dine

Alice said, "We arrived at the park at 7:45 and were seated at 8:25. The wait to check-in outside the park was LONG."

Alice said, "We actually enjoyed this buffet. Snow didn't like the eggs, they were liquidy and oddly moist. The potato casserole was delish. And I got my tater tots!! The food was standard fare, the fruit was fresh and I enjoyed my oatmeal. And we both loved the juice blend here."

For lunch, Alice & Snow had the Fantasmic! Meal Package at...

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano

Let's start with some menu pics (since the menu seems to be a little different than the current online menus)...

Bread basket with salt and peppered olive oil.

Alice said, "Bread was warm and standard white. Small pet peeve is the butter was cold and rock hard."

Caesar Salad - with crisp romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing and herb croutons

"We both wanted to try and keep this meal as light as possible, so we each started with a Caesar salad."

1/2 Order of Oven-baked Chicken alla Parmigiana (Breaded Chicken Breast with Marinara Sauce) and 1/2 Four-Cheese Flatbread (with Asiago, Mozzarella, Provolone, and Pecorino Romano Cheese

"For our mains, we split the chicken parm with penne pasta and the four cheese flatbread. The chicken was very good and moist. The sauce had a bit of kick that we both enjoyed. We left most of the pasta on the plate, not because it was bad but because we were pacing ourselves."

"The flatbread was actually quite good, we enjoyed the blend of cheeses. I would have preferred a slightly more cooked crust, but still would order it again."

Dessert Sampler

"Dessert was a sample plate (sadly). We had tiramisu, chocolate amarettini cheesecake, panna cotta with a blueberry topping and a tart with a Nutella topping that had a cream filling and somehow a strong orange flavor?"

"We both liked the tiramisu and the chocolate cheesecake. Snow liked the Nutella more than I did, but unless it's real fruit, I don't like fruit and chocolate. We both did NOT like the panna cotta but that's probably personal taste."

Then for dinner, Alice & Snow dined at...

SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATER RESTAURANT

First some menu pics...

Fried Pickles (both spears and chips)

Spinach and Artichoke Dip - A blend of Monterey Jack, swiss, and parmesan with spinach, artichokes, and corn tortilla chips

Alice said, "I LOVE that you can get cherry syrup in the pop here! Our apps were the fried pickles and the artichoke and spinach dip. I really enjoyed the fried pickle chips over the spears, as did Snow. We both thought the dip was really good, although I do prefer a pita with my dips over nacho chips. We finished the dip but not the pickles."

"For dinner, we both had the angus burger. Snow had hers with sweet potato fries, a substitution they willingly did.
Umm...I forgot to take photos of this, I'm sorry, we were so into the ambience of the place that we were halfway through before I remembered!"

Apple Crumble

"For dessert, Snow had the Apple Crumble. She said it was excellent, but was not exactly what she expected. There was no crunchy crumble on top. It was apples cooked in almost a pastry shell with a soft crumble on top."

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake - Warm chocolate cake with a creamy peanut butter center served a la mode

"I had the peanut butter chocolate cake. YUMMY!!!! I love peanut butter and chocolate, and this was good. The cake was warm and moist, the peanut butter was not overwhelming and the ice cream was the perfect amount. I also loved the crunchy addition of the Reese's pieces sprinkled around."

"Our waiter was a sweetie and gave us diet coke with cherry syrup in a To-go cup for Fantasmic. So all in all, an excellent meal and we would both return in the future."

And one last update tonight from Alice & Snow...

Carrot Cake Cookie

Alice said, "I know it's been reviewed a million times already, but I snagged a carrot cake cookie using a snack credit on the way out of the park. And even though we were both stuffed, we wanted to try a bite when it was fresh.
Let me just say, this cookie has not been oversold on here, it is SO GOOD!!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #27
jabead
DIS Veteran

Alice had four updates on 9/24

Alice & Snow were at Animal Kingdom today, where they were supposed to have a late breakfast at...

Rainforest Cafe

Alice said, "So this morning we ate at RFC in the AK for breakfast. Or, as we were told when we checked in 3 minutes late..."you're really late so you'll have to order off the lunch menu". No worries, I wanted to anyhow!"

Cheese Sticks - Mozzarella sticks lightly breaded, fried golden brown and served with marinara sauce.

"Snow and I went "tried and true" for the app and each had cheese sticks. An order came with 8 sticks of cheesy goodness! With the exception of homemade mozzarella sticks, they all taste the same. These were the perfect temp, not too hot but the cheese was nicely melted."

MoJo Bones - Slow-roasted, St. Louis style pork spareribs, basted with our Smokin’ Mojo BBQ sauce
and served with Safari fries and coleslaw

"For the main, I had the mojo bones (no coleslaw...I dislike it). These were saucy in a good way and the meat was fall off the bone. I didn't eat the fries, but tried one and they were meh. A little dry."

Chicken Fried Chicken - Breaded chicken breast fried golden brown and served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and country gravy.

"Snow had the Chicken Fried Chicken. She really enjoyed this meal. The chicken is off the bone, so that made it easier to eat. She thought the gravy was off the hook, but wasn't impressed with the veggies, which were huge chunks of onion and some zucchini pieces."

And for dessert...

Smoothies To-Go

"We were full (again) so we each got smoothies to go as our dessert. Snow got the Key West (strawberry and banana) and I got the Brazilian Freeze for a little taste of the tropics. I liked Snow's drink more than mine, as it was blended with frozen yogurt, but mine was still very refreshing."

Snack Time for Alice & Snow...

Jalapeño Cheese Stuffed Pretzel

Alice said, "For the first time we wanted a snack, and I was determined to try the jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzel. It was really good! Snow and I devoured it, contemplated getting another but then remembered we had Jiko in about 3 hours.
This was washed down with an ice cold diet coke."

Before their dinner at Jiko, Alice & Snow stopped for a few cocktails at...

Victoria Falls Lounge

Victoria Falls Mist - Van der Hum tangerine liqueur, Midori melon liqueur, banana liqueur, citrus juice, and Sprite

Red Stag Lemonade - Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon and Odwalla Lemonade garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries

Scottish Raspberry Lemon Drop - Hendrick's Gin, Muddles Raspberries, Fresh Lemon Juice, Agave Nectar topped with Wildberry Foam

Pimm's Punch - Pimm's No. 1 Liqueur, Hendrick's Gin, Odwalla Lemonade, and Wild Strawberry

And now back to Animal Kingdom Lodge, where Alice & Snow had dinner at...

JIKO

The Cooking Place

First some menu pics...

Note from jabead: Hey, DDW...notice something missing from the prawn entree?

Bread basket

Realan's Duck Confit Flatbread with Goat Cheese, Berber-spiced Oranges, and Balsamic Reduction

Alice said, "I had the duck confit flatbread. I don't really love duck, but I usually love anything at Jiko. This did not disappoint, the flavors melded perfectly. My crust was a tad burnt on the edges, but it was SO good I didn't care."

African-spiced Fire-Roasted Chicken Flatbread with Four Cheeses, Bacon, Arugula, Peppadews, and Zough

"Snow had the chicken flatbread with no peppers. She thought it was amazing and could have made a meal out of just that."

Oak-grilled Filet Mignon with Mac and Cheese

"My main was the filet medium rare with Mac and cheese. I claimed the beans to be the best I'd ever had (probably due to the booze ) and the filet was melt in my mouth ad always. I'm stuffed and want more now."

Sikhumbuzo's Peri Peri Chicken with Mac and Cheese

"Snow had the chicken. She claimed it was seasoned to perfection and cleared her plate. I just asked her what she thought and she said there were not words to describe it. Oh, she also subbed in the Mac and cheese, as she'd heard me talk about it at home."

And for dessert...

Madagascar Vanilla Cheesecake with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote and Chocolate Graham Crust

"Snow had the cheesecake and I stole a bite. It was fluffy and to quote, "it just was so so good"."

Artisanal Cheese Selection

Cheese Plate Menu

"I had the cheese plate. I should have mentioned, I love cheese. All cheese except blue. My friends joke that if a dish has goat cheese, I'm all about it. This cheese plate was great. Not sure what the accoutrements were, but they paired very well."

"Another exceptional dinner at Jiko. I asked Snow if she would eat there again, and she said she would be crazy not to!"

Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #28
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wow so many great updates

Thanks so much for starting a new thread Barb, reading these live updates is my favourite way to start my day !

I wish I could pop to Main Street Bakery for a quick breakfast before work
Old 09-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #29
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm arriving at post #28 [strike that, Linda beat me to the post - I'm now relegated to post #29!] ... how did I not pay attention sooner? However, I am EXCITED to see this live thread!

I'm parking my rear end right here and not moving!!!

Thanks for continuing to do a fabulous job with this thread!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #30
jabead
DIS Veteran

And today's update

Alice & Snow were at the Polynesian Resort tonight, where they had dinner at...

'OHANA

Mixed Greens with Honey-Lime Dressing

Honey Coriander Chicken Wings & Pork fried dumplings

Broccoli and Lo Mein Noodles.

'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

The Famous Lapu Lapu

Note from jabead: Found this recipe for Lapu Lapu, in case you are interested.

2 parts Myer's Dark Rum, 2 parts pineapple juice, 3 parts orange juice, 1 part sweet and sour mix, topped with 1 part Bacardi 151 rum floated on the top.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: