Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #2911
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add some info. about the plastic plates that Brenda and Emily noticed at the Plaza restaurant recently:
I just read in Josh's blog over on easywdw.com that the Plaza shared dishwashers with the Main Street Bakery. And, as we all know, that is under construction and being converted into a Starbucks. So, apparently, the Plaza has lost their access to the dishwashers for the time being.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #2912
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have AuroraMeansDawn's update from their day at Epcot.

Beginning with a visit to Club Cool...

Pre-Beverly

During

And after

"Dylan would like to ask all of the DisBoarders, "Why is this a thing you say you must do? I can drink cough syrup at home!"

"Then we had to have some pineapple to ward off scurvy so I stopped for a Dole Whip with spiced rum."

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE  World Showcase Promenade, Canada side

Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum

"Surely it is 5:00 in one of the countries I could see from the pineapple pavilion. It was delicious and cool and if you take three or so bites of regular Dole whip, it melts enough to stir it and make it a nice boozy treat."

"We survived Mexico with no caloric intake but the soothing sounds of the Stave Church made us crave something more so we simply HAD to visit..."

Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

...where I grabbed a Ligonberry Horn. Apparently the Cloudberry harvest was poor this year so they changed berries - so said the CM behind the counter. Dylan had the sweet almond pretzel. Both were yummy but there is a distinct mass produced taste to them. I liked the tart/sweet combination in the Ligonberry horn but I didn't get a taste of the pretzel.

"The Vikings gave both snacks two horns up!"

"After Norway we made our way to Germany where we lunched on Bratwurst from..."

SOMERFEST

"The boys had brats and pretzels and sodas. I asked nicely and subbed my dessert for bottled water here too. This is working out nicely for me. I ate my brat sans bun with spicy mustard and loved it. Just enough food with room for more treats. Jesse did his sans bun and sauerkraut."

"The boys also enjoyed the pretzels and watching our new dining companion, Dr. Doofenshmirtz, pop out every so often."

"But thankfully I saved room for a dark chocolate caramel with sea salt from..."

Karamell Kuche

"Here are some display case shots but I ate the treat as I walked all the long way to Italy, where I LOVED this!"

Asparagi con Aragosta allOrtolana (Green asparagus, lobster, garden cocktail sauce)

"There were four crisp tender asparagus spears, two nice sized lumps of lobster and the most amazing fresh garden cream sauce! We shared it and it was delicioso!"

"Next we trekked to France and thank goodness the line for the Grey Goose slush was long so I headed to..."

"...for a La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush (Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain liquor with White and Red Cranberry Juice). This was sweet and citrusy with a tang. Very refreshing and magnifique!"

7 February Game Points Earned + 11 Bonus Points for menus, Beverly pics, Viking pic and other misc. pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #2913
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next Dawn (AuroraMeansDawn) said, "A quick trip to Canada for the film followed by a Diet Coke and water while watching Off Kilter left us just enough time to traipse to the Beach Club for the..."

Cape May Cafe
Clam Bake Dinner Buffet

"It was nice to sit down and relax after traveling the world and we fortified ourselves with crustaceans and clams."

"Cape May salad with cranberries and candied walnuts, assorted cheeses, and olives."

"Seafood chowder (the other option was Carrot Ginger soup)."

"Peel and eat shrimp and Caesar salad. Easy to peel and nice sized (for a shrimp, haha!)"

"Roast beef, charred green beans, broccoli and a bit of cocktail sauce."

"Lots and lots of crab legs and mussels."

"Caramel flan, lemon cheesecake with blueberry cream, Boston cream cake."

"Flourless chocolate cake and Boston cream cake with a sweetener packet to give a size perspective. FYI, the Oreo truffles (bon bons) that so many of you loved are no longer on the buffet but you may purchase them at the Beach Club Marketplace."

"And then lovely mousse they brought out for my ongoing birthday celebration."

"It was lovely and the bitter dark shell is the perfect compliment for the creamy mousse. I only had one bite of each dessert and it was more than enough!"

"We really enjoyed the buffet. We had an early ADR (6:20) and perhaps that made a difference but we found everything fresh and delicious, the service outstanding and nothing wilted or soggy. May not stomach this as $40+ OOP, but it's a great dining plan use of credits!"

Then Dawn said, "After a long day, the three weary travelers opted for a cab back to POFQ from the Beach Club ($11.40 plus tip, if you are interested, and worth every penny to my feet! ) Once back I put up my feet with my POFQ World Traveler Survival Kit..."

"...a bargain at $10.95! Guaranteed to make your feet stop hurting - for a little while anyway! I'll check in tomorrow after our KTTK tour and Columbia Harbour House lunch! Gnite all!"

6 February Game Points Earned

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 03-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #2914
jabead
DIS Veteran

Like Dawn, it's also time for me to bid you good night.

I still have a surprise snack update from Disneyland to share with you and we shall see what tomorrow brings us from Disney World.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #2915
jabead
DIS Veteran

First up today is a surprise snack update from Disneyland sent to us yesterday by Kathymford.

DISNEYLAND
New Fantasy Faire Area of Fantasyland

Kathy said, "I'm at Disneyland for the Annual Passholder Fantasy Faire Preview and have a few pics for you."

Kathy had a few snacks from the new Fantasy Faire area's...

Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist

"It was bigger but DBF and I split it and the next one also..."

Chocolate Twist

Boysen Apple Freeze
Frozen Apple Juice with a Hint of Wild Berry, topped with a Passion Fruit Foam

"The drink is the same as at Gaston's [LeFou's Brew] but with boysenberry added. Very sweet and yummy. The chocolate twist was very fresh. They also have strawberry twists."

3 February Game Points Earned for snack update from newly opened location

Old 03-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #2916
jabead
DIS Veteran

Now for our First Update of the Day, sent to us this morning by #1eeyoregirl.

She and her kids had dinner last night at Epcot's...

Garden Grill

"Both the kids had the light-up cups with orange Fanta and I had the Natura chardonnay. "

Basket of Warm Rolls with Maple Butter

Harvest-inspired Farmer's Salad

Roasted All Natural Turkey Breast with Lemon Caper Sauce
Sustainable Fish of the Day with Roasted Tomato and Pepper Compote
Char-grilled Filet of Beef with Red Wine Butter

Children's Platter:
Oven Roasted Chicken Drumstick
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Broccoli
Crispy Sweet Potato Sticks

Kids with Chip

"Everything was great and the character interaction was wonderful."

3 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for pic of kids with Chip and First Update of the Day

Last edited by jabead; 03-10-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #2917
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then #1eeyoregirl also sent this morning's breakfast update from the AoA food court...

Landscapes of Flavor

1 February Game Point Earned

Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #2918
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have MichelleWDWfan's update from her breakfast this morning at...

An interior pic...

Breakfast pastries from the buffet...

Michelle's Plate #1

Michelle's Plate #2

Birthday Cupcake and Card

"Love eating at Cape May Cafe. The food and the coffee are good here. No Nescafe...lol. My server was attentive and fun. Had great interaction with the characters Goofy, Minnie, and Donald."

5 February Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, interior & buffet pics, and pic with Donald

Old 03-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #2919
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I was super excited to see a live review for Sanaa!! I'm definitely booking a lunch there next time so we can dine at the savanna! The food sounds awesome too so you get the best of everything.

That's so funny about the Beverly at Club Cool! I'm guilty of suckering in both Em and DH to try it. I'm sinister like that...

Last edited by emmysmommy; 03-10-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #2920
jabead
DIS Veteran

emmebear & Emme said their goodbyes and headed home today...

...so it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!!

emmebear's Total February Game Points Earned = 72

Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #2921
jabead
DIS Veteran

We received MichelleWDWfan's update from her lunch today at...

Hollywood Brown Derby

First a menu pic...

Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls, Snow Crab Claw, and an Asian slaw with spicy Miso Aioli

Duck Two Ways - Sauteed Confit with Swiss Chard over a Herb and Goat Cheese Polenta Cake and finished with a Pan-seared Maple Bourbon Duck Magret with a Sun-dried Cherry Sauce

Chocolate Three Ways - Praline Milk Chocolate Cream, crunchy ganache and orange chocolate mousse

Michelle said, "Everything was good and flavorful. The duck was tender and tasty."

3 February Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #2922
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have just a couple more updates sent yesterday to post, beginning with this one from AuroraMeansDawn.

Dawn said, "The time change was not kind to us and we cancelled our breakfast at Kona in lieu of sleep, grabbed some food court side orders of scrambled eggs and bacon and slid into the MK just in time for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. Lunch is included in a reserved dining area upstairs at..."

Columbia Harbour House

"All three of us opted for the Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Peppercorn Salad. It was a nice lunch-sized portion, generously pre-dressed with a peppercorn ranch. The broccoli is blanched and there was plenty of chicken - 4 or 5 long strips. It was also nice to sit in the quiet. The tour was amazing too and as a Disney freak I was in Nerd-vana."

"The tour ended at 2:30, so we grabbed a spot atop the train station to watch the 3:00 parade and shared some popcorn. Here is the current bucket design..."

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

"And back at the resort the manchild required "Lunch, the Sequel" and had a Chicken Quesadilla and Cinnamon Roll."

"And that's it til WPE this evening and our Characters in Flight ride."

5 February Game Points Earned

Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #2923
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then last night we received this update from Dawn.

"Characters in Flight wasn't running tonight but Downtown Disney was hopping! Between Spring Breakers and band groups and the locals in for this weekend's St. Patrick's Celebrations this weekend and next, the walkways were shoulder to shoulder to shoulder!

But we trudged on to..."

...in search of Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf!

"We had heard tales of this and people proclaiming there should be songs written about this delicacy, so we all three ordered it with sauteed mixed veggies on the side instead of potatoes. I really wanted to love it but to me it was "meh". I was happy however to get some nice green veggies, which I tend miss at WDW. Jesse loved the meatloaf though and had half of the mine. Dylan didn't care for the wine reduction sauce and for me the texture was just sort of bland and more like a run of the mill Salisbury steak. But boy was this meal redeemed by the vanilla bean cheesecake and creme brulee!"

"I use a two bites rule for dessert and I snuck in four, I liked the cheesecake so much. The crust was bursting with a caramel flavor and the cheesecake was not too sweet and just creamy enough! Dylan's creme brulee was quickly consumed too and it was perfect. Very, very good!"

"Voila! All told I think I ordered the wrong this or I would have liked my meal more but this is still, hands down, the best use of a CS credit on property!

2 February Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #2924
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting the updates Jabead! You rock!,
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #2925
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn View Post
Thanks so much for posting the updates Jabead! You rock!,

Thanks Dawn and I can say the same for you...you are doing a great job live reporting for us!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: