Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #2551
jabead
DIS Veteran

I received several updates by email last night from Amy (atisikitabasket). She and her family were at Disney World last week and sent us some updates then. I'll be posting the rest of the updates from their trip a few at a time over the next day or two.

Starting with this one from Downtown Disney's...

Cooke's of Dublin

Here is what they had...

Fish & Chips

Battered Burger and Chips - hand-battered beef burger topped with garlic mayonnaise, tomato chutney and mixed greens

Chicken and Field Mushroom Pie - chicken breast, mushrooms, leeks and potatoes in a rich creamy sauce

Amy said, "My DH is a very plain basic eater and he can not stop talking about the battered burger here which had toppings he normally won't eat. He loved, loved and yes loved it!! I had the pie and it was really good and was a lot bigger than it looks. I could only eat about half of it and it was loaded with big chunks of chicken. The fish was good too. For dessert we got a fruit cup, chocolate chip cookie and an ice cream. This was the first time we made it here and so happy we did. DH said it beat out WPE for him now."

3 February Game Points Earned

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #2552
jabead
DIS Veteran

And one more update from Amy this morning. This one is a two part QS restaurant update from Magic Kingdom.

Part I is from...

Casey's Corner

Coney Island Hot Dog, French Fries, & Cotton Candy

"DH got the Coney Dog, Fries, cotton candy and drink from Casey's. He said it was really good and fresh."

And then Part II is from...

Columbia Harbour House

Fried Shrimp Platter - Served with cole slaw and French Fries & Chocolate Cake

"I had CHH and decided on the shrimp which is my usual there. It was very good. I had chocolate cake which was not eaten. The kids shared a fish and chicken combo but I didn't get a picture of it, sorry."

5 February Game Points Earned

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #2553
jabead
DIS Veteran

We also received some updates by email last night from a current live reporter, DaisyluvzGoofy.
I'll post a few of these this morning and then save the rest for tonight.

The first update is from their lunch yesterday at...

Biergarten

Daisy said, "After riding the new Test Track twice in 2 hours (which, boy oh boy if you haven't seen it, plan AT LEAST 30 minutes if not more in the physical building. This doesn't include the wait time! We had a great time with the new elements of the ride, it shouldn't be missed!), we had a lunch ADR for Biergarten. I admit, I was completely skeptical and nervous but we were sat with a great bunch of people which made the experience enjoyable."

"My favorite item was the cheese spatzle with the grilled onions. What a great flavor combo. I think I had this item on my plate both times. DH's favorite item was the vanilla pudding, and he said a close second was the Bavarian cheesecake with the vanilla sauce (which I think was supposed to be served with the strudel)."

"The band was a lot of fun. They played "Roll out the Barrel" which was the one polka we played at our wedding (I'm Polish). It was a great touch for us."

3 February Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for band pic

Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #2554
jabead
DIS Veteran

One last update for this morning, this one DaisyluvzGoofy's snack update from Epcot's new French bakery...

Daisy said, "For our snack update, here begins my drinking around the world. I had previously had a lemon slush from a cart outside of France, but that was gone before I remembered to take a photo. (whoops! haha). Next was our stop at Les Halles."

"DH had the Vanilla Eclair (Do we see a trend yet?), I had a raspberry parfait thing. It's not on their menu but it's two layers of raspberry cream, separated by two layers of chocolate cake and a layer of raspberry jelly on top. It was a bit too raspberry for me, but light and not overwhelming. DH said he loved the mix of the custard and the vanilla in his eclair. I also had a glass of their house white wine. Very dry but good. I'm not a dry white wine person, so I tolerated this."

And next this update from Epcot's...

"After our snack, we had some more drama back home and I decided I needed another drink. So into Rose & Crown I went! I had the Welsh Dragon (pictured below) and a Mudslide later. I forgot to take a picture of because I was in and out of the restaurant taking phone calls. BLAH!!!"

Welsh Dragon - Peach schnapps, melon liqueur, creme de menthe, orange and pineapple juice

"The "Hat Lady" entertainment was awesome. She asked DH and I all about our courtship and made up a song about it that lasted a good 5 minutes. A lot of fun!"

"After a bunch more phone calls, and finally getting some resolution for the night, DH bought me a Crown & Coke and we headed out for some shopping and chatting. We have the Tables in Wonderland, and it was very nice to be able to use that just at the bar at R&C. That card has saved us so much at this point! I'm sooo thankful for having heard about it!!"

6 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign/menu pics

Old 02-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #2555
nicole0992
I was born on Mickey's birthday!

[QUOTE=jabead;47572895]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole0992 View Post

Welcome back to our all-time high scorer! With 167 points, you will be very hard to beat. What an awesome job!!!

But I see you from your ticker that you have another trip planned soon. Any chance you would be interested in another gig as a live reporter?

YES, YES, YES! I am definitely in to do another live report for my June trip. I will let you know my exact dates as soon as I purchase the airfare. We already booked the Contemporary. Now that I am back I can concentrate on that trip!

The June trip will be just me and my 14 year old daughter. The 2 of us have taken annual Mommy/Daughter trips every summer since 2008. My 12 year old came along this time just to see big sister. She prefers to stay home and get spoiled by Grandma each summer...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #2556
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

DH and I are leaving for The World on Tuesday so I thought I'd put out our dining schedule that we'll be reporting on!

2/26 - Breakfast @ Starbucks, Lunch @ Starring Rolls, Dinner @ Mama Melrose

2/27 - Breakfast in room (Studio Villa), Lunch @ Cosmic Ray's, Dinner @ Tony's Town Square

2/28 - Breakfast in room, Lunch @ Sunshine Seasons, Dinner @ Nine Dragons

3/1 - Breakfast on the road. Lunch in St. Augustine. Dinner @ St. Augustine Lion's Seafood Fest, Drinks @ Hall & Oates Concert in St. Augustine!!!

3/2 - Breakfast @ Tusker House. Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ. Dinner @ T-Rex Cafe

3/3 - Breakfast @ 'Ohana, Lunch @ Columbia Harbour House, Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern

3/4 - Breakfast in room. Lunch @ CAN'T DECIDE!, Dinner @ Via Napoli

3/5 - Sis arrives! Breakfast in room. Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich, Dinner @ Cape May Cafe

3/6 - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace, Lunch @ CAN'T DECIDE, Dinner @ Be Our Guest

3/7 - Breakfast in room, Lunch @ Coral Reef, Dinner @ Rose & Crown

3/8 - Breakfast in room, Lunch @ Splitsville, Dinner @ 'Ohana, After Dinner @ Top of the World

3/9 - Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe, Lunch @ CAN'T DECIDE, Dinner @ Grand Floridian Cafe

3/10 - Breakfast in room. Lunch @ The Plaza. Dinner @ the Airport.

Phew I am tired just typing all that....and really really hungry for some reason!

ETA: We'll also be touring and tasting at the Flower & Garden Fest food booths!! YAY!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #2557
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpirates View Post
DH and I are leaving for The World on Tuesday so I thought I'd put out our dining schedule that we'll be reporting on!

2/26 - Breakfast @ Starbucks, Lunch @ Starring Rolls, Dinner @ Mama Melrose

2/27 - Breakfast in room (Studio Villa), Lunch @ Cosmic Ray's, Dinner @ Tony's Town Square

2/28 - Breakfast in room, Lunch @ Sunshine Seasons, Dinner @ Nine Dragons

3/1 - Breakfast on the road. Lunch in St. Augustine. Dinner @ St. Augustine Lion's Seafood Fest, Drinks @ Hall & Oates Concert in St. Augustine!!!

3/2 - Breakfast @ Tusker House. Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ. Dinner @ T-Rex Cafe

3/3 - Breakfast @ 'Ohana, Lunch @ Columbia Harbour House, Dinner @ Liberty Tree Tavern

3/4 - Breakfast in room. Lunch @ CAN'T DECIDE!, Dinner @ Via Napoli

3/5 - Sis arrives! Breakfast in room. Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich, Dinner @ Cape May Cafe

3/6 - Breakfast @ Crystal Palace, Lunch @ CAN'T DECIDE, Dinner @ Be Our Guest

3/7 - Breakfast in room, Lunch @ Coral Reef, Dinner @ Rose & Crown

3/8 - Breakfast in room, Lunch @ Splitsville, Dinner @ 'Ohana, After Dinner @ Top of the World

3/9 - Breakfast @ Cape May Cafe, Lunch @ CAN'T DECIDE, Dinner @ Grand Floridian Cafe

3/10 - Breakfast in room. Lunch @ The Plaza. Dinner @ the Airport.

Phew I am tired just typing all that....and really really hungry for some reason!

ETA: We'll also be touring and tasting at the Flower & Garden Fest food booths!! YAY!
yay, I'm looking forward to your live reports!!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #2558
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Incredibleboysmom from her breakfast yesterday morning at...

"The Wave's all day menu with a photobomber..."

Some breakfast buffet pics...

The a la carte menu...

Egg White Frittata with spinach, onions, mushrooms, potatoes and cheddar cheese

"I had the egg white frittata with toast and chicken sausage. The frittata was huge!"

Ham & Cheese Omelet served with breakfast potatoes and a biscuit

Kids Mickey Waffles and bacon

"The bacon was not typical Disney bacon. It was nice and crisp."

Belgium Waffle & scrambled egg on the side (instead of sausage or bacon)

Kids Sweet Potato Pancakes, also with an egg instead of breakfast meat

"The pancakes were the star of the meal. We all kept sneaking bites. If I returned here this is what I would definitely order!"

This was a nice breakfast to start our long day at the Magic Kingdom. We paid with our Disney Visa and were given 10% off.

3 February Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points Earned for sign & menu pics, pic of DS, buffet pics and First Update of the Day

Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #2559
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Incredibleboysmom from her breakfast yesterday morning at...

"The Wave's all day menu with a photobomber..."

Some breakfast buffet pics...

The a la carte menu...

Egg White Frittata with spinach, onions, mushrooms, potatoes and cheddar cheese

"I had the egg white frittata with toast and chicken sausage. The frittata was huge!"

Ham & Cheese Omelet served with breakfast potatoes and a biscuit

Kids Mickey Waffles and bacon

"The bacon was not typical Disney bacon. It was nice and crisp."

Belgium Waffle & scrambled egg on the side (instead of sausage or bacon)

Kids Sweet Potato Pancakes, also with an egg instead of breakfast meat

"The pancakes were the star of the meal. We all kept sneaking bites. If I returned here this is what I would definitely order!"

This was a nice breakfast to start our long day at the Magic Kingdom. We paid with our Disney Visa and were given 10% off.

3 February Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points Earned for sign & menu pics, pic of DS, buffet pics and First Update of the Day
The Wave looks like a really enjoyable place to eat.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #2560
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next another breakfast update, this one from Diane's (pinkxray) breakfast yesterday morning at Animal Kingdom Lodge's...

MARA

First some display case pics...

Then some menu pics...

Their breakfast choices...

2 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for display case & menu pics

Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #2561
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then another update from Diane (pinkxray), this one from her lunch yesterday at...

First some menu pics...

Diane said, "We ended up wanting to eat at MK yesterday so we added Liberty Tree Tavern and dropped our Sanaa ADR."

Declaration Salad

New England Pot Roast... Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite - braised beef in a cabernet wine and mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes and garden vegetables

Angus Chuck Cheeseburger topped with bacon and cheddar and served with tavern fries

"DSis had the pot roast and DD and I split the burger with fries which was great."

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - vanilla cake with a gooey toffee filling, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce

"DSis and I both got the toffee cake while DD had vanilla ice cream."

"Liberty Tree Tavern was great and I will definitely have to bring DH back there next trip."

2 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics, pic of DD

Last edited by jabead; 02-21-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #2562
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then Diane had dinner last night at the Polynesian Resort's...

Captain Cook's

"I had the flatbread with BBQ pork, onions and cheese."

"DSis had the adult grilled cheese."

"I didn't have dessert but hope to make it back to try one of these cupcakes this weekend..."

PB & J Cupcake

Chocolate Beer Cupcake

3 February Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for cupcake pics

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #2563
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

"DSis had the adult grilled cheese."

I am really looking forward to this next trip. I love traditional grilled cheese but I've never had it with the funky combinations.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #2564
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have DaisyluvzGoofy's update from her dinner last night at...

First some menu pics...

"We had a 8:20 ADR at Le Chef's & got there early to ask for a window seat, which they gave us at about 8:10. Perfect! We partook in the Prix Fixe menu"

"I started with the Lobster Bisque and DH the salad. Then we decided on the Salmon & Macaroni to split. I had the salmon before the macaroni. I wished I hadn't traded! Haha! Salmon had a crisp-ness to it, full of flavor and the potatoes were chunky and seasoned well. The sauce reminded me of the one we had with our Anniversary dinner at Cafe Orleans in DL. I also had their Riesling to go with my fish."

Filet de Saumon, pommes de terre ecrasees au beurre et ciboulette, sur coulis de tomate et poivron rouge - Broiled salmon, smashed potatoes with butter and chives, served on a tomato and red pepper sauce

Gratin de macaroni - Baked macaroni with cream and gruyere cheese

"DH really enjoyed both and said he didn't have a favorite and that he wouldn't have been able to pick just one.
The salmon won in my book."

And for their desserts...

Profiteroles au chocolat - Puff choux with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce

Creme Brulee

Cafe B&B
Coffee with a blend of Benedictine and Cognac and whipped cream

3 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign & menu pics and Cafe B & B

Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #2565
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have a two part Magic Kingdom snack update from Incredibleboysmom.

Part I is from...

Aloha Isle

Dole Whip Float

"This needs no explanation."

And Part II is from...

Sunshine Tree Terrace

Vanilla Coke Float

"My husband has been obsessed with these on this trip! He had one from the Fountainview Cafe at Epcot as well. He said this one was the best!"

2 February Game Points Earned

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: