Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #226
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Yummy!! The BLT (even though I don't eat bacon) flatbread looks delicious! I'm getting more and more disappointed that CG will be closed for our trip!
However, LeCellier is looking more and more delicious and I cannot wait for that exact meal! Tomato app, Filet and adorable chocolate mousse
The prawns also look wonderful and we love spice!!
Thank you live reporters!! Hope you had great trips

Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #227
jabead
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone!

Things have been quiet on the "live update" front for awhile, so decided to use the lull to take care of some housekeeping items. I've done some work on the first page of this thread. First of all, I've added an index to Post 1, which should make it a little easier if you want to find updates from a particular restaurant, etc.

Next I still have some questionable dates on my list in Post 2. For the months of October & November they are:

gardengirl628 - Dana is planning a "Spooky" vacation (to begin around Oct. 6???), which includes some time at WDW plus a 3 day cruise on the Disney Dream.

nessz79 - is taking a 2nd trip to WDW and this time bringing the whole family, including the in-laws! Arriving sometime around Oct. 18???

CupcakeLisa - Lisa will be Honeymooning with her new hubby at OKW beginning around Oct. 19??? And I bet she will be having some of those delicious Disney World cupcakes!

ksack - will be arriving at WDW sometime around Oct.24??? Coming from the Frozen Tundra to thaw out in the warm Florida sun.

Krissalee - Krissy and Craig will be celebrating their 14th Anniversary at the World sometime in early November??? And will be staying at the BWV.

AeroKU - my neighbor from just up the road (Bloomington, IL) will be visiting the World sometime around Nov. 11???

So if you happen to be any of these people and would like to share the dates (and any other info) of your trip, that would be great! Also, if you have a trip coming up in the next 5 months and your name is not on the list in Post 2, please let me know so that I can add you.

Also, I have finally completed Post 3, 4, & 6 that I had originally reserved. If you would like to see a little history of how this whole "live update" thing got started, then take a look!

And finally, I'd like to do a little more recruiting of "Live Reporters" for this month and next.

For the month of October, we are a bit light on reporters (with only one or maybe two) for these days:

Oct. 16 - 20
Oct. 29 -31

And for November, I am badly in need of volunteers for Nov. 14 - 30. Most of these days we have no one doing live updates.

So if your trip includes any of these dates, please consider joining our "Live Reporting" team. And of course, even if your trip falls during a time when we already have adequate coverage, we could always use more. So anyone that wants in on the fun, just let me know!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 10-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #228
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I WISH I could help you with those vacant November dates, but alas...my October updates must suffice. 5 days!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #229
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

So head-on prawns are the new signature trend? Cali Grill is so behind the times

In all seriousness, Cali Grill's current menu is sounding good. I wish I had a trip planned soon - it would be on my list!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #230
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
So head-on prawns are the new signature trend? Cali Grill is so behind the times

In all seriousness, Cali Grill's current menu is sounding good. I wish I had a trip planned soon - it would be on my list!
You were the first person I thought of when my husband ordered those prawns.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Up next: Wilderness Lodge

Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #231
jabead
DIS Veteran

budafam & her DD arrived at Disney World yesterday and went to Downtown Disney last night to have dinner at...

Fulton's Crab House

For their appetizers, budafam had...

Lobster Corn Dogs with salsa verde, sweet chili aioli

And for her DD...

Kid's Fruit - sliced pineapple, strawberries and red grapes

For her entree, budafam had...

Narragansett, Rhode Island Lobster - One pound and a quarter lobster, shrimp, scallop, spinach and mushroom stuffing, toasted breadcrumbs

And DD had...

Kid's Snow Crab Legs - 10 ounces with steamed red skin potatoes

budafam said, "Both my app and entree were phenomenal! The stuffed lobster had the claws & tail intact and the body was used for the stuffing... a LOT of seafood. I couldn't even order a dessert."

For dessert, DD ordered the...

Build Your Own Sundae - ice cream topped with chocolate syrup, and tasty toppings

budafam said, "She also got a surprise birthday piece of chocolate cake so I helped eat that."

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #232
jabead
DIS Veteran

Today budafam & DD were at DHS, where they had this treat from...

STARRING ROLLS BAKERY

Red Velvet Cupcake

Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #233
jabead
DIS Veteran

And then for lunch, budafam & DD went to...

Hollywood Brown Derby

For appetizer, budafam had...

Blue Lump Crab Spring Rolls - snow crab claw and a Asian slaw with spicy miso aioli

budafam said, "They were amazing. I love spring rolls and these had just the right amount of spice to them."

And DD had...

Kid's Celery & Carrot Sticks

budafam said, "She barely touched these because she dislikes both, but dislikes soup and salad (the other two choices) more."

For her entree, budafam got...

Charred Filet of Beef over Brentwood corn and Pancetta Risotto, arugula pesto and pickled rainbow chard

budafam said, "I think this was the best thing I have ever eaten. Seriously loved it and ate "almost" all of it."

And DD had...

Tempura Fish Strips with steamed broccoli and dipping sauce

budafam said, "She only ate a little of this. The fish looked good...light breading, and she loved the broccoli. It also came with green apple slices."

For dessert, budafam had...

Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower - on Cocoa-Almond Cookie and Bananas Foster

budafam said, "The top part was really yummy but I didn't care for the bottom. I'm not a cocoa fan so that's probably why."

Then they brought out another two desserts for DD...

Hidden Treasures - Vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookie crumbles and gummy snakes with a Tollhouse cookie

budafam said, "This was a nice surprise when she discovered the worms. Then they brought out a chocolate dessert with two candles lit. She loved the sprinkles on there."

Old 10-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #234
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

The Fulton's stuffed lobster and lobster corn dogs both look really good. I haven't been to Fulton's in a few years (and all the recent negative reviews haven't helped), but this review has me thinking about returning.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #235
Gina99
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead
Good morning everyone!

Things have been quiet on the "live update" front for awhile, so decided to use the lull to take care of some housekeeping items. I've done some work on the first page of this thread. First of all, I've added an index to Post 1, which should make it a little easier if you want to find updates from a particular restaurant, etc.

Next I still have some questionable dates on my list in Post 2. For the months of October & November they are:

And finally, I'd like to do a little more recruiting of "Live Reporters" for this month and next.

For the month of October, we are a bit light on reporters (with only one or maybe two) for these days:

Oct. 16 - 20
Oct. 29 -31

And for November, I am badly in need of volunteers for Nov. 14 - 30. Most of these days we have no one doing live updates.

So if your trip includes any of these dates, please consider joining our "Live Reporting" team. And of course, even if your trip falls during a time when we already have adequate coverage, we could always use more. So anyone that wants in on the fun, just let me know!
Hi there
I will be there Nov 24-Dec 1 but I will say this is my first trip and I'm still trying to figure everything out. Not sure if I'm too much of a newbie
Old 10-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #236
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina99 View Post
Hi there
I will be there Nov 24-Dec 1 but I will say this is my first trip and I'm still trying to figure everything out. Not sure if I'm too much of a newbie

Hi Gina!

You are taking your first trip to Disney World...that's fantastic!!! You have done a very smart thing by joining the DIS to help you with the trip planning process.

As far as doing live updates, I'm thinking that you should probably just concentrate on having a great time while you are there. If you think you'd like to do a few updates, then maybe you could email me some pics at the end of the day (if you aren't too tired...which you very well might be ) or perhaps as soon as you return home, as a mini-Dining Report.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #237
Gina99
Earning My Ears

Sounds good! These boards are amazing. I'm learning soo much!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #238
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

That red velvet cupcake is my new best friend!!

I certainly wish that I could offer my assistance for being a live reporter in late November Barb but that's not an option so I will keep hanging around here!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #239
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Barb - thanks for putting me on the list. We will be staying at SSR, one of our home resorts, from the 23-28 of October in a grand villa. So excited for that! Never stayed in one before. There will be I think 10 of us. Me, my DH, and both DD's. A friend from home will be joining us and our other friends (5 of them I believe) who live in Florida.

Also, I have never done a TR either. But I am willing to send you updates while we are there. Or at least try to!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #240
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Barb - thanks for putting me on the list. We will be staying at SSR, one of our home resorts, from the 23-28 of October in a grand villa. So excited for that! Never stayed in one before. There will be I think 10 of us. Me, my DH, and both DD's. A friend from home will be joining us and our other friends (5 of them I believe) who live in Florida.

Also, I have never done a TR either. But I am willing to send you updates while we are there. Or at least try to!
We will be live reporting at the same time! Where are you eating and when? How funny would it be if we were at the same restaurant one night?
One Short Day in the Magic Kingdom: March 2007, South By Southwest: October 2007, June 2008 BFF Trip, Five Cougars and a Mouse: October 2009, Sisters in the World: March 2010, October 2012 Semi-solo adventure

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: