Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #2371
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I will volunteer for June!

We will be there from June 15 - June 28

Here is what we have scheduled and we will be eating plenty of CS and snacks.

6/15 - nothing scheduled
6/16 - Breakfast Cape May Cafe
6/17 - Lunch Via Napoli
6/18 - Dinner Cape May Cafe
6/19 - Dinner Crystal Palace
6/20 - Dinner Raglan Road
6/21 - Dinner Yachtsman
6/22 - Breakfast Chef Mickeys
6/22 - Garden View Tea - Just the Girls
6/23 - Dinner Be Our Guest
6/24 - Dinner Trails End Buffet
6/25 - Dinner Ohana
6/26 - Lunch Liberty Tree Tavern
6/27 - Lunch Rose & Crown
6/28 - Breakfast Crystal Palace

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 02-20-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Updated my Dining Plans 2/20/13
Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #2372
Angebee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
As you may have noticed, we have had an unusually large number of no-shows this month and we currently have only one active reporter at Disney World.
Now I really feel bad for saying this, but we've had to cancel our trip due to a sudden family emergency. I'm SO SORRY because I was really looking forward to contributing.

Quote:
Also I'm still looking for volunteers for the first 3 weeks of March (3/1 - 3/22). Plus I'm still taking names for April - June in order to determine the fate of this thread after March. If we have enough volunteers and interested readers, then I will do my part to keep this thing going.
On the plus side, as long as everything works out we're HOPING to only wait until early April, so I may be back (and will never stop reading!)

(inactive at the moment) 'No Pit Stoppo!' -- Our first TR (Feb 2013)

The Sunfinders ... 'Lady' (mom), 'Butch' (dad), me, Kit (21)

'88, '90, '94 to '98 -- offsite w/ family '09 -- ASsport & '13 -- AoA Cars '11 -- offsite at Disneyland!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #2373
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
ITS RECRUITMENT TIME!!!

I'll do it! We'll be there from 4/21 to 5/5 (two full weeks ) It will be me, DH, DS5 & DD3 so hopefully I can get some kid's meal photos because you don't see a lot of those.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #2374
HoneyBeeM
Earning My Ears

I had so much fun live reporting in November, and I LOVE this thread! I didn't want to volunteer until I was 100% sure about our dates. I am now 99.9% sure we are heading down April 1 - April 6! We'll be a POR for the entire trip.

Our ADRs are totally up in the air right now. My Mom and I had this crazy idea to let each person on the trip pick a restaurant to eat at during our stay.

The entire family is now suffering from can'tmakadecision syndrome. That is what you get by opening up the ADR list to everyone!

But - we WILL be there, and I would LOVE to do another live report! If you're still looking for April reporters, count me in!

Last edited by HoneyBeeM; 02-11-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #2376
DaisyluvzGoofy
Earning My Ears

DH and I are going to DL tonight for our 1st wedding Anniversary! We have reservations at Cafe Orleans for the "True Love Week" Prix Fix... I'll send photos/my review tonight or tomorrow morning!!! So excited to see the resort all Valentine-zy!!!

We leave for WDW Saturday and I promise we'll be sending updates while we're there!!! I'll send an updated rezzies list soon!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #2377
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

I love this thread! I check it daily and love the updates!

A big THANK YOU!!! to JAbad for all th hard work she puts in to keep it running! We are not going until September, but if the thread is alive I will be happy to contribute!

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #2378
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
I will volunteer for May, as long as I have good WiFi from AoA, so that I can send updates in at night! (I've read it can be spotty) I would have to do e-mail updates, as my phone is junk. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammilynne View Post
we will be there June 1-10 and i would love to do it!

this is my favorite thread and I find myself checking for updates all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
DH and I are going on the Wonder for a 5 day cruise on Sat... We can do a not so live report. I can send pics on the 16th before we leave port and the rest on the 21st when we get back.

DH is trying to convince me we should then head to WDW for the rest of the weekend when we get off the boat, but we will see if I can get our air and hotel points to line up to make that a reality. If we do we will happily send some pics along

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hi!

I will volunteer for June!

We will be there from June 15 - June 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'll do it! We'll be there from 4/21 to 5/5 (two full weeks ) It will be me, DH, DS5 & DD3 so hopefully I can get some kid's meal photos because you don't see a lot of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBeeM View Post
I had so much fun live reporting in November, and I LOVE this thread! I didn't want to volunteer until I was 100% sure about our dates. I am now 99.9% sure we are heading down April 1 - April 6! We'll be a POR for the entire trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
If you need another March/April person, I will give it another shot. We are going March 31 - April 8.

Susan

When I checked the thread tonight, I was hoping to have a volunteer or two. Imagine my surprise to see all of your offers (here on the thread, by PM, and even one by text from emmebear). Many of you are volunteering for a second or even third time. You guys are so great... I bow to your awesomeness! I'll get the list updated right away. Thanks so much everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyluvzGoofy View Post
DH and I are going to DL tonight for our 1st wedding Anniversary! We have reservations at Cafe Orleans for the "True Love Week" Prix Fix... I'll send photos/my review tonight or tomorrow morning!!! So excited to see the resort all Valentine-zy!!!

We leave for WDW Saturday and I promise we'll be sending updates while we're there!!! I'll send an updated rezzies list soon!

I'll look forward to receiving your update from Cafe Orleans and then soon your updates from Disney World!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #2379
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
what a shame about the no shows It's not until there's a blip that I realise how addicted I've become to this thread and the updates! Hope the lost few come on board soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
Come on people! Volunteer! Keep this going!!! I'll be happy to volunteer for December but that's a bit of a way off Unless anyone wants to pay my way, I'd happiy go sooner

this thread!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
I've been going through withdrawal since there have been so few live reporters This is my favorite thread on the whole Dis so it makes me sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Ha ha, I know what you mean! Someone can pay for me to go too and I would be happy to do some more live updates Otherwise, its still a while until we get to Oct for my trips.

I love this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwpirates View Post
Best thread on the DIS!!!! Awesome DLP and Tutto updates!!! Can't wait to get down there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
We won't be there until August... but I am looking forward to new updates soon, I also hadn't realized how much I look forward to reading them! I feel like something is missing from my "DIS day!"

Would be thrilled to join the August reporting team if this thread is still going on at that point- but I realize it's quite a ways away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post
I love this thread! I check it daily and love the updates!

A big THANK YOU!!! to JAbad for all th hard work she puts in to keep it running! We are not going until September, but if the thread is alive I will be happy to contribute!

Thank you to all of you for your posts showing your support and encouragement.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #2380
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Ok, we are 13 days out from our trip. I'm feeling fairly confident that my ADRs are set...except one maybe. hahaha. We have the DDP. Here we go:

2/24 arrival, CS probably at Intermission at ASMu
2/25 AK, CS lunch, 'Ohana dinner
2/26 MK, Crystal Palace lunch, BOG dinner
2/27 off-day, Kona Cafe breakfast, DTD evening Raglan Road dinner (iffy)
2/28 Epcot, CS lunch, Garden Grill dinner
3/1 MK, CS BOG lunch, CS dinner, Wishes dessert party
3/2 departure, CS probably at one of the AS resorts

Yay. I know not much new to this thread, but I'm excited anyway. Especially about 'Ohana and Kona which are new to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
I am doing a Live from on 2/28-3/4 and got what ADR's and other food thing set. Here they are:

2/28-EPCOT for Birthday Dinner at Chefs De France
3/1-MK-Lunch at Wave. Dinner at Columbia Harbor House
3/2-AK -Doing the one for the DIS and doing Planet Hollywood for dinner. If I chicken out, I'll do AMC Dine In Theater and a movie.
3/3-DHS-May slip in Hurricane Hannah's for a nice lunch on Boardwalk.
3/4-May make a Breakfast ADR (Chef Mickey or Tusker House), a last rideand then home.

I look forward to soon having you both as live reporters. Thanks for posting your plans...they look great!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #2381
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Like Autumnpalm, we are not going until August. I wish it was sooner. We are going August 17-25, staying club level at the Poly. Would love to report if this is still on. And with that I want to give a great big thank you to Barb! This absolutely is the best thread on the DIS!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #2382
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angebee View Post
Now I really feel bad for saying this, but we've had to cancel our trip due to a sudden family emergency. I'm SO SORRY because I was really looking forward to contributing.

On the plus side, as long as everything works out we're HOPING to only wait until early April, so I may be back (and will never stop reading!)

So sorry to hear about your family emergency and that you had to cancel your trip. I'm sending a large dose of pixie dust your way in hopes that things will all work out for you and your trip can be rescheduled for early April.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #2383
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Hello all!

Please tell me I am not the only one this Disney food crazy... with this thread being so quiet, I actually spent time tonight looking at photos of Disney food I've taken on past trips!

I know I am not the only one in Disney food withdrawal, so I thought I would share some photos with this thread.

(Don't worry, no points necessary!)

I'll try to post some I haven't seen on this thread in a while.

From Tokyo Dining:

Garden Salad - Mixed Greens, Tomato, and Vegetables $5.95

Grilled Chicken - Fresh Boneless Breast with Teriyaki Sauce $24.95

From Jiko:

Curry-rubbed Lamb Loin - cauliflower puree, eggplant-artichoke Zaalouk and olive-walnut tapenade $37.00

Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon - ancient grain pilaf, heirloom pole beans, South African Red Wine Sauce $44.00 (with mac and cheese)

From Narcoossee's:

Crispy Duck Roll Savory Lentils, Cucumber, Tomato, Red Onion Relish and Cilantro-Mint Vinaigrette 14.00

Fried Rhode Island Calamari Pepperoncini Relish, Tomato Coulis, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil 12.00

Crab-crusted Mahi Mahi Crushed Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts, and Meyer Lemon Sauce 33.00

From California Grill:

Fried Soft Shell Crab ($16.00)
with Warm Salad of Potato, Corn, Frisee, Chorizo, and Lemon Vinaigrette with Romesco Sauce.

Spicy Kazan Roll ($22.00)
Crab, Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Tuna, and Fireball Sauce.

“Snake in the Grass” . . . Barbecue Eel with Shrimp Tempura, Avocado, and Cucumber (26.00)

California Strawberry Napoleon ($12.00)
Orange-Rosemary Pastry Cream, Fresh Strawberries, Almond Crunch, and Strawberry-Champagne Sorbet.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #2384
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am not sure if Emmebear told you but we are going again in April!!! April 11-15. We are stoked and having fun planning!!!

If you are still doing it then we can send you updates!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #2385
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am not sure if Emmebear told you but we are going again in April!!! April 11-15. We are stoked and having fun planning!!!

If you are still doing it then we can send you updates!

yeeeehaw! so excited for this. royal guest room here we come! emme keeps asking if its april yet.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: