Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #2266
jabead
DIS Veteran

Okay, now let's get back to our regularly scheduled (Disney World) programing.

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Ginamarie.

She and her DSIS had lunch today at...

First a menu pic...

Tavern Fried Cheese with marinara sauce

Ginamarie said, "Basic, but hits the spot!"

Pilgrims' Feast x 2
Traditional roast turkey with herb bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans

"This was perfect for a healthy "stick to your bones" lunch! Fresh and tasty!"

"And I love the mugs!"

2 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for First Update of the Day and sign & menu pics

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #2267
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our other Disney World update received today is from elleavon.

She and her family had dinner last night at...

Kouzzina

They started their meal with...

Crisp Calamari - Coated in three Flours with smoked tomato and onion salsa

"The tomato salsa dipping sauce was delicious."

Two types of olive oils and marinated olives included with Kouzzina's complimentary bread service

"We also had bread service with 2 succulent olive oils. And an assortment of olives that I got all to myself because no one else likes them."

Then for their entrees, they chose...

Kouzzina Trio
Tasting size portions of Greek-style Lasagna, Char-grilled Lamb Burger, and Cinnamon-stewed Chicken with Orzo

"My entrée was the Kouzzina Trio. Each one of the these was a delight."

Wood-grilled Rib-eye Steak with fresh Herb Salsa, seasonal vegetables and Kouzzina Potatoes

"Griff had the ribeye. He didn't like the jalapeno butter because it was too hot for him. I tasted his steak. It was ok."

Traditional Whole Fish of the Day - Yellow Snapper
Pan-roasted with Braised Greens, Greek Olives, Fennel, and Smoked Chili

"This was the most impressive dish. Even with a belly full of calamari, Hannah polished off most of this fish."

And she still had room for this...

Chocolate Budino Cake with Warm Molten Chocolate and served with raspberry sorbet

Baklava - Traditional Walnut and Cinnamon Pastry with praline ice cream

"I had the baklava. It was the perfect size and oh so good!"

No Sugar Added Chocolate Glazed Cheesecake with a Greek Cookie Crust

"Beautifully presented, I thought Griff's cheesecake was kind of bland."

3 February Game Points Earned

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #2268
jabead
DIS Veteran

And since we are already on the Boardwalk...

I've decided to go ahead and post the pics that Tricia (tallen429) sent me from their dinner at...

Note from jabead: Tricia said she would send me the descriptions and her notes by email to go along with the pics she sent by text to me on Friday. So I'm going to do my best to identify their food pics, but if I'm wrong please feel free to jump in and correct me. Also, if I do receive the details from Tricia, I will be sure to add them to the update.

First up is a menu pic...

And then they started with these wine flights...

Pinot Grigio & Riesling Wine Flights

Flying Fish Café's Signature "Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake"
with Savory Vegetable Slaw, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, and Ancho Chile Rémoulade

Kids' Appetizer - Seasonal Fruit Skewers and Honey Yogurt

Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala - Florida Yellow Beefsteak, Ugli-ripe and tiny grape Tomatoes, aged Balsamico, Exotic Peppercorns, Petite Basil, and Sicilian Olio Verde

Kids' Entrée - Baked Florida Coast Fish Sticks with roasted red potatoes and vegetables

Idaho Potato-wrapped Red Snapper
served over a rich Leek Fondue with a Veal Glace de Viande, Red Wine-Cassis Butter reduction

Trio of Concession Sweets - "Out on the Boardwalk"
Popcorn Mousse and Caramel Corn, Cherry-limeade popsicle, dark chocolate fudge burger, and pound cake fries

Sorcerer Mickey's Milk Chocolate Cauldron - fun "skewer" of fudge brownie, marshmallow, strawberry and Angel Food Cake

3 January Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for 3 menus, 2 wine flights, and other misc. pics

Old 02-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #2269
jabead
DIS Veteran

And since that is Tricia's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!!

tallen429's Total January Game Points Earned = 53

And that officially concludes the January Game!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #2270
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I'm so glad that you found us, Kathy! And it's very cool that you spotted your resort in one of emmebear's great cruise pics. I bet you never expected to see that on a thread featuring Disney World food.
You're right about that.

I can't imagine the amount of time you must put into administrating this thread. Thanks for all your work. It sure is a fun place to visit.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #2271
jabead
DIS Veteran

I would like to start by congratulating our January Live Reporting Team on the incredible job they did. The number of updates and the quality of those updates was amazing. You truly brought your "A" game to the live thread and I greatly appreciate your efforts. We had 31 reporters who sent us live updates in January and they scored a combined total of over 1600 points in the January Game. That's an average of more than 50 points per a reporter! While I'm grateful to all of you for the contributions which you made to the live thread, I would like to specially recognize our top 5 scorers for their efforts.

I am now featuring our...

#5 - BlovesC

BlovesC - B (Becky) & C (Charlie) were at Disney World from 1/15 -1/21 to celebrate Becky's birthday.
Becky scored 95 points with the many updates she sent us during her trip.

Here are some of my favorite pics from her updates.

SANAA

Sampler for Two - Potato and Pea Samosa, Lamb Kefta Kabobs, Roasted Cauliflower

Grand Floridian Cafe

Lobster Eggs Benedict - Two Poached Eggs, Lobster hash, Asparagus, and Hollandaise Sauce

"Can I eat now? Is picture time over?!"

Citrus Pancakes - Roasted Pecan and Sun-dried Cranberry Pancakes served with House-made Orange Butter

JIKO

"My Chermoula-roasted Prawns, Wussy Style..."

Chermoula-roasted Nigerian Prawns (heads removed ) with English Pea Nage and Saffron Rice with Orange and Olive Salad

Goofy's Candy Co.

"We picked up these adorable krispy treats as snack credits from Goofy's! Charlie's is the one on the right. Haha...just kidding!"

Toy Story Pizza Planet

Cappuccino Cupcakes

"The cupcakes were very, very good, surprisingly so."

The Wave

Sustainable Fish Tacos
with Avocado Gelato and House-made soft Flour Tortillas

"I chose the fish taco appy as my entree. That avocado gelato was WOW!"

"And right before we left MK, Charlie got his favorite, the Dole Whip Float!..."

"I didn't ask him to pose, that's his natural delirious reaction to sipping pineapple goodness!"

Becky & a LeFou's Brew

Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #2272
jabead
DIS Veteran

#4 - Giselle22

Giselle22 - Lauren and her DMom ran in the Disney Half-Marathon on 1/12. They arrived on 1/10 and stayed at AoA's Little Mermaid section. Then on 1/12, the rest of their group (which includes Lauren's DDad, brothers, BFF Amber, and Amber's DBF and parents) arrived and they stayed at POR until 1/19.
Lauren scored 110 points with the many updates she sent us during her trip.

Lauren's DMom & a Ghirardelli Mint Bliss Sundae
One scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream, one scoop of chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, whipped cream and a square of Mint Bliss Intense Dark chocolate.

"Ready for my beignets!"

Les Halles

JIKO

Taste of Africa - African inspired Dips with pappadam, poppy seed lavosh and House-made Naan

Seared Barbarie Duck Breast - Potato and Spinach Masala, Royal Trumpet Mushrooms, and Port Emulsion

"My aunt, uncle, and other brother all had the Seared Barbarie Duck Breast. The spice rub on this was very good!
DBro thought the potatoes were too salty, but the others didn't."

"For dessert, Dad ordered a Cape Town Coffee (Van der Hum, Kahlua, and coffee with whipped cream)."

Restaurant Marakesh

"Mom got some hot mint tea. They brew the tea in a pot, then pour it over some fresh mint leaves in a glass.
It's very good and very minty!"

Sultan's Sampler - grilled brochette of either beef or chicken served with a Beef Brewat Roll and Chicken Bastilla served with vegetable couscous

Whispering Canyon Cafe

"DBff's BF (hahaha) and my bro had milkshakes. Yummy!"

"Then we got our all-you-can-eat platters of mashed potatoes, veggies, corn on the cob, and meat. We chose chicken, ribs, and beef strip loin. I didn't try the ribs, but the others said they were good, and the chicken and beef were both very good! They also give you baked beans. The potatoes and veggies were also really good; the veggies have a tasty garlic seasoning on them."

Lauren said, "On Wednesday we went to Harry Potter Land!!! Universal has really hit on the one thing that could draw me away from my beloved Disney for a day.

Stepping into Hogsmeade was so, so exciting and magical!"

One of the first things we had to do was get some Butterbeer!"

"I snapped the last picture of the backside of the castle as we were leaving the park...I'm pretending that's an owl."

"Later in the afternoon, we went to Magic Kingdom and I grabbed a krispie treat covered in chocolate and Reese's pieces from the Main Street Confectionery. Yum!"

1900 Park Fare

"Lady Tremaine stopped by and said how nice it was to have a table full of adults. She said "Oh, this is nice. No one has sticky fingers and no one will want to hug me-ugh." She had my friend and I make angry glares while we posed with her."

Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #2273
jabead
DIS Veteran

#3 - emmebear

emmebear and Emme were at Disney World again on the weekend of 1/4 - 1/6 and met up with rachel09985.

She, her DMom, and Emme also took a week long cruise on the Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean itinerary) from 1/26 - 2/2.

emmebear scored 116 points with the many updates she sent us during her two trips.

Princess Emme, all ready to have breakfast with the other princesses.

Emme's Plate

emmebear's Plate

"Morning cup of joe & strawberries!"

"Cheesy potatoes, I have returned to devour you!"

Osborne Lights with Rachel (Hello Kitty style!)

A Very Happy emmebear in an nearly-empty Magic Kingdom

And an early morning DISmeet with Rachel (rachel09985)

Crystal Palace

Emme & Rachel

And then they paid a visit to...

Where they all got to try the LeFou's Brew.

Oops, I guess Emme was not a fan.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #2274
jabead
DIS Veteran

emmebear, her DMom, and her DD, Emme, set sail last Saturday on the Disney Fantasy [Eastern Caribbean itinerary].

Mickey Pool

St. Thomas

St. John

Then last night was Pirates Night.

Oh, and don't forget the T.V. in the bathroom mirror...

We will begin with Brunch at...

Oysters Rockefeller

Orecchiette Pasta with Salmon

Tilapia and Risotto

Chicken Parmesan

"The Oysters Rockefeller and Chicken Parm were very good. The tilapia was gross but the risotto was scrumptious. The tilapia was very, very fishy. The Orecchiette Pasta with Salmon wasn't very good either. We split half portions of the hot food, as the portions were large."

"This brunch was the best meal of our trip and for $20, it was a total bargain! We had exceptional service and were never rushed. We also received complimentary mimosas, which was a nice touch."

emmebear's DMom with her mimosa

And emmebear with hers

Our next update is from emmebear's day on Disney's private island in the Bahamas...

CASTAWAY CAY

First some pics from their private cabana...

And how about some food...

Grilled mahi mahi, BBQ ribs, cole slaw, tomato salad, and corn

Lemon pepper chicken, potato salad with bacon, burger, and corn

Fresh fruit, including Papaya!!!

emmebear said, "My favorite was the couscous and grilled mahi mahi. Burger was pretty terrible.
Papaya was fresh and plentiful. The ribs were good too."

Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #2275
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

The entire January team did an amazing job with updates!!!! WOW!!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #2276
PirateRachel
Earning My Ears

Hi there, I've enjoyed this thread since I was sick in bed (half dead) with the flu! I'll be vacationing in Disney, March 31st -April 6th, if you need another reporter, I'd love to try it!!

off site as a child at Grandma and Granddad's house
2001- first trip with Dd off site 2002- off site with extended family 2003- WL and off site with whole bunch of family 2005- AKL even more family 2006- Poly 2008- Poly with bestfriend and new baby boy 2008- off site Christmas time, yuck!! 2009- Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011-TBA!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #2277
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateRachel View Post
Hi there, I've enjoyed this thread since I was sick in bed (half dead) with the flu! I'll be vacationing in Disney, March 31st -April 6th, if you need another reporter, I'd love to try it!!

That would be great! I'll get you added to the list and be in touch next month to give you my info for sending your updates.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #2278
jabead
DIS Veteran

If my list is correct, we have 6 reporters at Disney World but sadly we have not received any updates today. I did hear from Ginamarie this morning, and hopefully she will be sending in an update or two from the airport tonight. In the meantime, I do have one pic that I received from elleavon yesterday, but forgot to post.

From DHS' High Octane Refreshments...

Rum Runner - Myers's Platinum Dark rum, Blackberry brandy, creme de banana, and tropical juices topped with a float of Myers' Dark rum.

elleavon said, "Ahhh, the genius of Disney. High Octane Refreshments next to Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.
Having a Rum Runner while Hannah plays with her dad."

1 February Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for new cocktail

Last edited by jabead; 02-04-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #2279
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney World Dining plate is...

LucyBC80

LucyBC80 will there from 2/6 - 2/15 and has offered to do live updates for us!

And also we have...

Linda67, who will be at Disneyland Paris from 2/6 - 2/8 and will be doing live updates for us while there!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, Lucy & Linda!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #2280
JennyWren
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
If my list is correct, we have 6 reporters at Disney World but sadly we have not received any updates today. I did hear from Ginamarie this morning, and hopefully she will be sending in an update or two from the airport tonight. In the meantime, I do have one pic that I received from elleavon yesterday, but forgot to post.

From DHS' High Octane Refreshments...

Rum Runner - Myers's Platinum Dark rum, Blackberry brandy, creme de banana, and tropical juices topped with a float of Myers' Dark rum.

elleavon said, "Ahhh, the genius of Disney. High Octane Refreshments next to Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.
Having a Rum Runner while Hannah plays with her dad."

1 February Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for new cocktail
The Disney genius spot for me is La Cava del Tequila by the Gran Fiesta
Tour. My son LOVES () the Three Caballeros.

On the plus side, the lack of updates has given my everchanging ADRs a nice break.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: