Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #2191
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then Li Li and Nigel park hopped over to Epcot to spend the afternoon enjoying some adult beverages around World Showcase.

They started in Mexico, at...

La Cava de Tequila

Tequila Flight

Next a stop in Germany for...

Jagermeister shots

Then they visited Italy's...

Tutto Gusto

Powerhouse Red Wine Flight

La Siciliana Gusto Plate with Fior di Latte Mozzarella, Cacciatorini (black pepper, wine marinated, beef and pork cured sausages), and Caponata (Sicilian eggplant agrodolce salad)

Li Li said, "Oh my goodness, the mozzarella was so good! I was kind of disappointed by the eggplant caponata."

And then their last stop was in France...

Rose d' Anjou (rose) and Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais-Villages (red)

Before park hopping back to Magic Kingdom and...

Casey's Corner

Chili Cheese Dog and fries

"Nigel was craving a hot dog from Casey's so he got the chili cheese dog, which comes with fries. It was very good!"

11 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pic and wine flight

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #2192
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have another update from Tricia (tallen429).

Last night she had dinner at AKL's...

BOMA

"Our server was awful but the food was wonderful! I tried almost all the salad and rice or couscous dishes.
They were fantastic!"

"I started with peanut soup, it was amazing."

"My first plate had pap, chakalaka, fruit and nut couscous, hummus, a mealie muffin, coconut rice, and edamame."

"For dessert - Kenyan tart, eggnog cheesecake, peanut butter mousse?, and banana bread pudding with rum sauce."

"Other than the terrible service, it was an amazing meal."

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DS

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #2193
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Barb, thank you, thank you, thank you again for all the hard work and time you put into this thread. I know I have said this before, but hands down this is my favorite thead on the Dis. First thread I check each time I log in.

We dont have another trip booked until Oct, but of course I would love to send in reviews if the thread is still going at that time

A few comments on the reviews -- I am so sad to hear the bad review of Chefs!! We had such a great meal there in Dec and my lobster bisque was so good.

Boma -- I WILL eat there one day for bkfst!! One day!!! I think I just need to book 1 night in AKL so I can eat at Jiko, Sanaa & Boma

CRT -- the healthy choice looks nice. I am glad they offer something like that.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #2194
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then we have an update from hulagirl87.

You may recall that she and her family had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table this morning. Here is a pic that she sent tonight to add to that update...

hulagirl87 & her DD

Then their lunch today was at...

Colombia Harbour House

She said, "In all the times that I have been to Disney, I have never eaten there. The food was good and the restaurant was quiet, which was nice because the park was getting a little busy."

"I had the Lighthouse sandwich which is hummus, tomato and a broccoli slaw on multigrain bread. It was really good! And it came with chips. I got the apple crisp for dessert. It was warm and tasted delicious!"

"DH had the Garden Harvest salad and the chocolate cake. The salad was really big and he didn't eat all of it. The cake was the standard chocolate cake, but it was really rich. He didn't eat all of that either."

hulagirl's dinner was then at the Polynesian Resort's...

Captain Cook's

First a few menu pics...

"I didn't feel very well, so I didn't get anything, but DH got the pork sandwich, which I forgot to take a picture of, but he said that it was great. I did get pictures of the menus though! Oh, and even though I didn't feel well, I did get a dole whip."

"Our favorite part of the day was meeting Tiana, so I'm going to attach a picture of that. She was great and DD loved her!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu pics and pic of DD with Tiana

Old 01-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #2195
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Boma -- I WILL eat there one day for bkfst!! One day!!! I think I just need to book 1 night in AKL so I can eat at Jiko, Sanaa & Boma

Speaking of Sanaa, Li Li and Nigel dined there tonight and sent us a great update. But it's time for me to call it night, so I'll get it posted first thing tomorrow.

Also, emmebear sent us a ton of wonderful pics today from onboard the...

So be sure to check back tomorrow!

Good night folks!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #2196
jabead
DIS Veteran

Before we sail away with emmebear on the Fantasy today, let's have dinner with Li Li and Nigel at...

Sanaa

Johannesburg Wine Flight

Li Li said, "This was very good."

Indian Style Bread Service
with Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus, and Tamarind Chutney

Slow Cooked in Gravy, Simple and Well Seasoned
Butter Chicken and Lamb Vindaloo with Basmati Rice

Tandoori Lamb served with Apple-Raisin Chutney and Five-Grain Pilaf

Li Li said, "Okay, first I have to say, where has this restaurant been my entire Disney life!!! I cannot believe it took us so long to try it. We both loved everything so much. Honestly, reading the reviews and seeing the pics, does not do it justice!"

Dessert Trio - Chocolate Cake, Tropical Fruit Kulfi, and Chai Cream

"We ended the meal with the dessert trio. We both thought the chocolate cake was a little dry, but I love the kulfi (which is basically sorbet) and we both loved the chai cream."

"Also, I got a dessert cocktail, the..."

Painted Lemur

Li Li said, "Don't be afraid of Amarula. I know of if because my stepsister was stationed in Kenya. It is a really great African cream liqueur!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for wine flight, new cocktail, and menu pics

Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #2197
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Great updates from yesterday and this AM. Loved Li Li & Nigel's update from Sanaa. It's one of my fave restaurants in WDW and I am sooo bummed that it's not on our schedule for the next trip. It's such a wonderful meal!!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #2198
jabead
DIS Veteran

Ok, now I will post a few of the many great pics that emmebear has sent to us yesterday and this morning, and then the rest I will post this evening.

emmebear, her DMom, and her DD, Emme, set sail last Saturday on the Disney Fantasy [Eastern Caribbean itinerary].

First a couple pics on the ship...

Mickey Pool

emmebear said, "Kids go buck wild in here. Emme was getting splashed at every angle. So we spent more time in the Donald hot tub."

Mickey slide (for the kids who can't ride the aqua duck)

The Aqua Duck

Some pics from their concierge experience...

The private cabana for concierge guests.

emmebear said, "I spend a lot of time here."

"Breakfast offerings in the concierge lounge..."

Mimosa

"The epic coffee machine. It's amazing and rumored to have cost $10,000!"

Their breakfast tray

Eaten on their private balcony...

With views like this...

St. Thomas

St. John

And this one from this morning...

"Good morning San Juan!"

3 January Game Points Earned + 9 Bonus Points for pic of emmebear, Emme, DMom & misc. other pics

Much more coming tonight!

Last edited by jabead; 01-31-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #2199
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Oh wow those cruise pictures are beautiful. I must say, I've never felt a real desire to go on a cruise but those photos (mmm breakfast!!) make it look wonderful and so relaxing.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #2200
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

As usual, this thread is the first place I check when I get a chance, and it doesn't disappoint. The Sanaa update was great - now I'm really excited at the thought of having a South African wine or unique cocktail there (and in just over 3 months, I'll be legally allowed to!).

As for emmebear's cruise updates: Oh. My. God. Everything looks amazing! From the AquaDuck slide (the views from there must be fantastic!) to the concierge lounge selections (there's much more variety than at the WDW resort lounges - the smoked salmon and accompaniments look delicious) to the private cabana to the views from their balcony. Wow! Don't know if I'll be going on a Disney cruise anytime soon, but these pics are certainly making me consider it.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #2201
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post

hulagirl87
I love this Photo! So very ADORABLE!!!

I also enjoy all the updates Barb! I read this thread on a daily basis! Thank You! for posting this and Thank YOU! to all the Live Reporters!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #2202
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Yum! Sanaa Looks amazing!

I should also add, Cruise Pics are just Beautiful.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
Old 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #2203
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Yes please to the Dessert drink!! Yumm. It's official, Sanaa is on my list for my 2014 trip!

And it looks to me like concierge is the way to go on the cruise ship!! WOOHOO! That seems like a better use of dollars than at the hotels, where I'm mostly at the parks. Hmm....
Old 01-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #2205
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

Best vacation ever! Thanks barb for posting my pics. I'm doing a trip report even I return. This has been a dream vacation & I can't thank my concierge team of kemisha, Alice & Julia enough. They have gone above and beyond to ensure that this trip is as relaxing as possible.

I don't want this trip to end.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: