Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #1486
elleavon
Earning My Ears

Count me in for February 1-7. My family is well trained not to eat until the photos have been taken!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #1487
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
I VOLUNTEER (said in my best Katniss Everdeen voice)

My dates are February 6-15 and 24-26. What info do you need and what should I do? I love taking pictures of food so I see no problem with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleavon View Post
Count me in for February 1-7. My family is well trained not to eat until the photos have been taken!

Thank you both for volunteering! I'll add your trips to the February list in Post 1. If I get enough volunteers for February, then I'll be sending out a PM to everyone sometime in late January. This will give you all my info for sending your updates either by text or email.

In answer to Lucy's question regarding what to do, I leave the frequency and content of your updates entirely up to you. I ask only that you give me at least a short description of the food pics you send me. Also I think it's nice if you include your opinion regarding that food, even if it's just one word like gross or delicious. Some people like to do more (making it more like a dining report), which is fine too.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #1488
jabead
DIS Veteran

Ok, how about some Christmas day updates from our three reporters currently at Disney World.

Our First Update of the Day was from disneychristmasx3.

On Monday, she and her family were at Animal Kingdom and had lunch at...

Flame Tree Barbecue

dcx3 said, "Four of went with the ribs. We really enjoyed them with the sweet and spicy barbecue sauce. As you can see, we had the key lime mousse for dessert. Although it was light and refreshing, we still couldn't finish."

"DD went with the pork sandwich, which she enjoyed."

Then dinner was also at Animal Kingdom...

Yak & Yeti Restaurant

Malaysian Seafood Curry - Mahi Mahi, scallops, little neck clams, mussels, shrimp, zucchini, roma tomatoes, red curry coconut broth, and jasmine rice

dcx3 said, "For dinner we tried Yak & Yeti for the first time. Three of us chose the seafood curry. It has now become the new favorite meal of the trip, but no one was able to finish."

Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables, chili plum dipping sauce

"The boys went with the steak and shrimp. These is a definite trend appearing with those two. They loved the shrimp, but the steak was just okay. No rave reviews. The vegetables got a thumbs down. The waiter had recommended substituting fried rice, which they enjoyed."

Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle

"And finally all 5 went with the wontons. My daughter has decided she liked the wontons but does not like pineapple warm. Everyone made it through only a taste. We just aren't cut out for this kind of eating! Again the meal got high marks from all. We cancelled Christmas morning breakfast reservations in lieu of an early start in the parks to beat the crowds. We will be having Christmas dinner at Rose & Crown."

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for First Update of the Day

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 3 for Flame Tree
2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 1 for Yak & Yeti

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #1489
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then our next update was sent to us by Debra (debrapagliasotti).

On Monday morning, she and her family had breakfast with the Princesses at...

Cinderella's Royal Table

Lobster and Crab Crepes - warm cheese-filled crepes topped with spinach, sauteed lobster, and blue crab meat with a poached egg perched on top and draped in Hollandaise sauce

Debra said, "This was sooo good. Big chunks of lobster. Very fresh and tasty."

Then their Christmas day lunch was at Epcot's...

Le Cellier

Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - Le Cellier signature dish served with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle butter sauce

Debra said, "The filet was cooked perfect. Melted in your mouth. Loved the risotto. Fave meal of the trip!"

Then for her dessert, Debra had...

Cheesecake topped with fresh seasonal fruit compote

She said, "This was nice and light. Loved the shortbread crust."

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 2 for CRT
2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Le Cellier

Old 12-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #1490
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead

Thank you both for volunteering! I'll add your trips to the February list in Post 1. If I get enough volunteers for February, then I'll be sending out a PM to everyone sometime in late January. This will give you all my info for sending your updates either by text or email.

In answer to Lucy's question regarding what to do, I leave the frequency and content of your updates entirely up to you. I ask only that you give me at least a short description of the food pics you send me. Also I think it's nice if you include your opinion regarding that food, even if it's just one word like gross or delicious. Some people like to do more (making it more like a dining report), which is fine too.
Count me in too! We are there 2/25 through 3/2. And we are doing DDP so we'll see how this goes!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #1491
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Count me in too! We are there 2/25 through 3/2. And we are doing DDP so we'll see how this goes!

Sounds good, thanks Kathy!

Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #1492
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our last update from yesterday was sent to us by Amy (AppleSister1).

She arrived at Disney World yesterday and sent her first update from Downtown Disney's ...

Paradiso 37

Baja Fish Tacos - crispy seasonal fish, roasted corn salsa, lime crema, spicy slaw, tortilla salad

Amy said, "These were only alright, very dry. Needed some actual slaw, not just shredded cabbage. Server gave me some hot sauce when he saw my reaction and that helped! Side salad was surprisingly lovely!"

Amy also sent us this holiday-themed bonus pic from Downtown Disney...

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for holiday-themed pic

2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 2 for Paradiso 37

Old 12-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #1493
jabead
DIS Veteran

I have spun the Roulette wheel and here were the winning numbers for Dec. 25th.

Magic Kingdom: Group 4, 5
Epcot: Group 2, 6
Hollywood Studios: Group 5
Animal Kingdom: Group 3
Downtown Disney: Group 1
Resorts: 3, 4

Here were the 5 bets placed yesterday by our three reporters:

disneychristmasx3 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 3 for Flame Tree WINNER
disneychristmasx3 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Animal Kingdom Group 1 for Yak & Yeti
debrapagliasotti - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Magic Kingdom Group 2 for CRT
debrapagliasotti - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Le Cellier WINNER
AppleSister1 - 2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Downtown Disney Group 2 for Paradiso 37

Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #1494
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Hi Barb! I am going to attempt to recreate some of our favorite Disney foods on Christmas day. If I am somewhat successful, can I post my efforts here? I would wait until the 26th as I don't want to interrupt your time with your familiy ....

The results are in from Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) and they were quite successful.

Vicki said, "First up is 'Ohana bread pudding. Since we had this for breakfast, we did not have the ice cream."

First a pic of the work in progress...

"Flaming the rum!"

And then the final results...

Vicki said, "We loved this! Easy to make and just as delicious as the "real" thing!"

"We were full from a later than planned breakfast so are saving the planned Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup for the weekend."

But for their dinner, they did try another very popular dish from Le Cellier...

Mushroom Filet

Vicki said, "We decided that if the real thing is a 10, this was a solid 8. Very, very good. The truffle butter sauce was amazing!"

"Again too full for dessert so the Yak & Yeti wontons will be tried another night this week!"

Thank you Vicki for sharing your Disney culinary recreations.
Feel free to send the other pics our way whenever you make them.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #1495
jabead
DIS Veteran

And now for today's First Update of the Day, which was sent to us by disneychristmasx3.

She said, "Yesterday we cancelled our breakfast plans at Kona Cafe to go to Hollywood Studios for a while before the crowds were unmanageable. We arrived back at Port Orleans just as breakfast was ending. So it was pasta and salad to share!"

Riverside Mill

Create Your Own Pasta- chose from a variety of your favorite sauces (Aldredo, Marinara, Pesto), pasta (fettuccine, spaghetti, penne) and fresh ingredients including Chicken or Shrimp $10.99 Toppings include: artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, Kalamata Olives, green peas, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, yellow onions, broccoli, parmesan cheese.

Customize your salad by choosing from a variety of ingredients, including beef or chicken $9.99
Greens: Romaine or European Mix
Toppings: bacon, blue cheese, broccoli, carrots, corn, chow mein noodles, cucumbers, dried cranberries, feta cheese, peas, garbanzo beans, grape tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, roasted red peppers.
Dressings: Caesar, Lite Italian, Ranch, Mandarin Orange Sesame.

And for dessert, they shared this...

Ice Cream Sundae with Edy's Peppermint Ice Cream, Hot Fudge, and Whipped Cream

1 Holiday Roulette Bonus Point Earned for First Update of the Day

2 Point Roulette Placed on Resort Group 7 for Riverside Mill at POR

Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #1496
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Do you still need someone for the last week of January?
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 12-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #1497
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then disneychristmasx3 was at Epcot yesterday.

She said, "I did a little bit of shopping around World Showcase with 25,000 or more of my closest friends.
This jalapeno margarita made it a little more enjoyable for my DH."

Jalapeno Margarita (from I believe, La Cava de Tequila)

Then it was on to dinner on the opposite side of World Showcase, at...

Rose & Crown

Grilled New York Strip Steak and Fried Fish with Yorkshire Pudding, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and red wine sauce

dcx3 said, "Three of us chose the steak and fried fish. It was better than expected. I actually enjoyed the hot flaky fish with tartar sauce the most."

Grilled New York Strip Steak with Mashed Potatoes and fried onion rings

dcx3 said, "DD enjoyed her New York strip, although it was the first time all week that anyone complained the serving was small."

Fish and Chips - Beer-battered and served with housemade tartar sauce

"DS had the fish and chips, which was excellent."

Then for their desserts...

Jaffa Tarts - orange cream cakes with chocolate ganache, raspberry sauce and fresh oranges

dcx3 said, "DS and I each had the jaffa tart. It was light."

Flourless Chocolate Cake with an Egg Nog Shooter

"DH had this. It was very rich but good."

Sticky Toffee Pudding

"DS and DD each had the gooey toffee cake. DD especially enjoyed it."

1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 7 for La Cava at Mexico
2 Point Roulette Bet placed on Epcot Group 2 for Rose & Crown at UK

Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #1498
jabead
DIS Veteran

The last update sent to us today was from Amy (AppleSister1).

She started her day with this treat from POFQ's...

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Beignets

1 Point Roulette Bet placed on Resort Group 7 for Sassagoula at POFQ

Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #1499
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Do you still need someone for the last week of January?

Yes, we could still use another reporter for the last week of January. Are you interested? What are your exact trip dates?

Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #1500
jabead
DIS Veteran

ATTN: JANUARY REPORTERS

So sorry for the delay but with the holidays, the end of December kind of snuck up on me.

But without further delay, here is the...

JANUARY GAME THAT HAS NO NAME

January reporters will receive points for each and every update sent to me for posting on the Live Thread. The number of points which you will be awarded is based on how rare the featured location of your update is. For instance, those locations from which we haven't yet received an update, will receive 5 points.

5 Point Update Locations
Electric Umbrella
Tokyo Dining
Les Halles Bakery (Epcot France)
Nine Dragons
Le Cellier lunch/dinner
Monsieur Paul
Restaurant Marrakesh
Tutto Gusto (must include food)
Cap 'n Jacks
House of Blues
Planet Hollywood
Portobello
Big River Grille
ESPN Zone
The Wave (lunch or dinner)
Any Swan-Dolphin restaurant (other than Bluezoo)
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)
Garden View Lounge Tea
Victoria & Albert's
Artist Point
Captain's Grill (lunch or dinner)
Hurricane Hanna's (newly reopened poolside QS at the Y & B Club)
Grand Floridian Cafe lunch
Gasparilla Island Grill
Trail's End
Whispering Canyon Cafe lunch
Chef Mickey's Dinner
California Grill (due to its upcoming closure for remodeling )

Worth 2 Points are these Popular Update Locations
Be our Guest (dinner)
Columbia Harbour House
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Le Cellier
Via Napoli
Sunshine Seasons
Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Landscapes of Flavor
Kona Cafe (breakfast)
'Ohana (dinner)
Raglan Road
Wolfgang Puck Express (lunch or dinner)

All other restaurant locations (both QS and Full service) not listed above are worth 3 points.

Also, please remember that in order to receive full credit, you must include a pic of at least one entree in your update. If instead you send only a pic of your appetizer or dessert, etc. then it will be considered a snack update and will be awarded points accordingly.

All snack updates will be worth 1 point per location (except for those from Les Halles Bakery, which are worth 2 points for one snack or 5 pts. for 3 or more snacks).

Also, Bonus Points will again be awarded for the following:
- First Update of the Day - the first update which is sent (by text or email) after 7:30 a.m. (ET) each day will receive 1 point.
- All menu pics will receive 1 pt. per menu
- Including a pic of you in an update (update must also include at least one food item) - 1 pt./per update
- Including a pic of another member of your travel party in an update (again update must also include food item) 1 pt./per person/per update
- A pic of you or someone from your travel party enjoying a LeFou's Brew from Gaston's Tavern 1 pt./per reporter
- All food updates from Universal restaurants will receive 1 pt.each
- Including a pic of at least one character at any character meals 1 pt. per meal (including the Beast at Be our Guest and Chef Remy at Chefs de France)
- All new cocktails/wine flights/beer flights (those not yet seen on this thread) will be awarded 1 pt. each. Here is the LINK to the list of what we have so far.

Also Miscellaneous Bonus Points may be awarded at my discretion.

The game will begin on January 2 with the arrival of our first three January reporters. I will post each day's point totals here on this post.

I'll now be sending out PMs to those who have volunteered to be live reporters in January. If I should miss anyone, please let me know.

REPORTER FINAL POINT TOTALS
quietgirl - 137
hulagirl87 - 130
emmebear - 116
Giselle22 - 110
BlovesC - 95
butiflfeet - 93
disneybride96 - 85
marshallsmommy - 66
Li Li - 64
CaliBear - 62
MissPrice - 58
DonaldDoleWhip - 54
Jersette - 54
glasslipper - 53
tallen429 - 53
DisneyMamato4 - 46
Niki Andiokno - 44
ciera321 - 43
dvc4life - 36
Couchy - 29
dreamscometrue101 - 29
jecskc - 26
AlohaPolynesian - 21
carobear - 20
rachel09985 - 20
smile4stamps - 20
soontobewed07 - 20
DaisyluvzGoofy - 7
ladyknight1 - 6
arbolita - 4
Kathymford - 4

JAN. 2
DisneyMamato4 - 11
Jersette - 9
DonaldDoleWhip - 4

JAN. 3
DonaldDoleWhip - 13
glasslipper - 5
Jersette - 5
quietgirl - 3

JAN. 4
glasslipper - 15
DonaldDoleWhip - 11
DisneyMamato4 - 5
quietgirl - 5
Jersette - 2

JAN. 5
emmebear - 26
quietgirl - 14
glasslipper - 9
DisneyMamato4 - 8
rachel09985 - 6
Jersette - 4
DonaldDoleWhip - 3
ciera321 - 2

JAN. 6
quietgirl - 19
emmebear - 18
DisneyMamato4 - 9
Jersette - 7
rachel09985 - 5
ciera321 - 3
glasslipper - 3

JAN. 7
Jersette - 14
quietgirl - 13
MissPrice - 10
DisneyMamato4 - 7
ciera321 - 6
rachel09985 - 6
DonaldDoleWhip - 4

JAN. 8
quietgirl - 17
MissPrice - 8
DonaldDoleWhip - 7
DisneyMamato4 - 6
Jersette - 6
glasslipper - 5
ciera321 - 4
rachel09985 - 3

JAN. 9
ciera321 - 15
MissPrice - 13
quietgirl - 9
Jersette - 4
DonaldDoleWhip - 4
emmebear - 1

JAN. 10
ciera321 - 10
Giselle22 - 5
quietgirl - 5
Jersette - 3

JAN. 11
quietgirl - 47
Giselle22 - 11
MissPrice - 11
DonaldDoleWhip - 8
butiflfeet - 6
Couchy - 5
ciera321 - 3

JAN. 12
butiflfeet - 10
Couchy - 8
Giselle22 - 8
Niki Andiokno - 6
MissPrice - 5
quietgirl - 5

JAN. 13
glasslipper - 7
butiflfeet - 6
Giselle22 - 6
Niki Andiokno - 6

JAN. 14
Giselle22 - 24
Couchy - 16
butiflfeet - 12
Niki Andiokno - 8
glasslipper - 3
smile4stamps - 1

JAN. 15
butiflfeet - 24
MissPrice - 11
Niki Andiokno - 8
BlovesC - 7
smile4stamps - 6

JAN. 16
butiflfeet - 25
BlovesC - 20
Niki Andiokno - 10
Giselle22 - 8
soontobewed07 - 7
glasslipper - 6
smile4stamps - 4

JAN. 17
Giselle22 - 21
BlovesC - 15
butiflfeet - 10
smile4stamps - 9
dvc4life - 3
Niki Andiokno - 2

JAN. 18
BlovesC - 17
jecskc - 13
soontobewed07 - 7
Giselle22 - 4
Niki Andiokno - 4

JAN. 19
Giselle22 - 18
dvc4life - 14
BlovesC - 12
carobear - 11
jecskc - 6
soontobewed07 - 6
disneybride96 - 4

JAN. 20
BlovesC - 16
dvc4life - 13
carobear - 9
jecskc - 7
Giselle22 - 5
disneybride96 - 4

JAN. 21
disneybride96 - 19
BlovesC - 8
AlohaPolynesian - 6
dvc4life - 6

JAN. 22
Dreamscometrue101 - 18
CaliBear - 15
marshallsmommy - 9
disneybride96 - 8
AlohaPolynesian - 5

JAN. 23
disneybride96 - 17
marshallsmommy - 15
CaliBear - 13
Dreamscometrue101 - 11
AlohaPolynesian - 7

JAN. 24
disneybride96 - 16
hulagirl87 - 7
CaliBear - 6
marshallsmommy - 6

JAN. 25
marshallsmommy - 16
hulagirl87 - 12
disneybride96 - 11
tallen429 - 7
CaliBear - 1

JAN. 26
CaliBear - 27
hulagirl87 - 15
tallen429 - 12
arbolita - 4
AlohaPolynesian - 3
emmebear - 2

JAN. 27
marshallsmommy - 20
DaisyluvzGoofy - 7
disneybride96 - 6
ladyknight1 - 6
hulagirl87 - 1

JAN. 28
hulagirl87 - 27
Li Li - 20
Kathymford - 4

JAN. 29
Li Li - 27
hulagirl87 - 17
emmebear - 12
tallen429 - 9

JAN. 30
emmebear - 34
Li Li - 17
hulagirl87 - 15
tallen429 - 11

JAN. 31
hulagirl87 - 22

FEB. 1
hulagirl87 - 14
tallen429 - 5

FEB. 2
emmebear - 23
tallen429 - 9

Last edited by jabead; 02-03-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: