Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #16
Patience
DIS Veteran

I have several pairs of Gap long and lean jeans that I wear all the time that fit really well. I also have one pair of Lucky jeans that I love.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #17
peacelover
Mouseketeer

I got a pair of INC curvy fit, straight leg that I found on sale at Macy's. I have the same body type. Not for jeans, but chinos. I have found that jcrew fits me well. You have to try them on in the store, but sometimes you can come across your size on the website at a good sale price.
peacelover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #18
ktlm
DIS Veteran

I do well with the jeans from Ann Taylor Loft (or the Ann Taylor outlet if you have on of those around). If I do the Petites, I do a size 8 curvy and I don't have to have them hemmed. If I do the regular sizes, I do a 6 curvy, but then I have to have them shortened. If you sign up for their E-mail, they are good about sending coupons, and they also have sales quite a bit.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your replies. We have a nicer mall a few towns over so I think I'm going to take several hours, pick out the styles I like, and start searching online.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
esk
DIS Veteran

I only wear Lucky Jeans -- in short. The shorts have a 30" inseam.

I have bought them off Ebay for the last 5 years, never new. Haven't paid more than $20 for them.

If you get them off Ebay, make sure you know your measurements...even among the same style (Easy Rider for me) they can vary by 2" in the waist and hips.

I tried Levi's 505s in petite and the rise is long. I have tried JCrew, Eddie Bauer, Ann Taylor, Gap, everything and Lucky is the only one that looks good and I get compliments on.

I also have had several pairs of the Easy Rider boot cuts tailored into straight cuts and they look great.
esk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #21
snarlingcoyote
I know people who live in really carpy school districts

I'm 5'5" and am a Cello in shape (big curves, nipped in middle and no back end to speak of). Don't laugh, but Aeropostale fit me beautifully and are cheap, cheap, cheap. They wear as well as my Lucky jeans and Gap jeans, so go figure.

I've posted this on the DIS before and had other women with my shape chime in - Aeropostale works on curvy gals with no backsides. Who'd've thunk it?

You will have to go up a size or two or three to get the jeans to fit, so be forwarned about that, but you can't beat the prices and the selection. They are also great for my shorts, capris, pants etc.
snarlingcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #22
Mickeyrella
Mouseketeer

My aunt is the same, and she buys her jeans at the Gap, they always seem to have jeans on discount and similar pants on discount, plus the quality is good.
Mickeyrella is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: