Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

My name is Travelmum and I知 a Aussie/Kiwi/Disboardoholic!!

I am so weak as I am addicted to checking these boards and I don't even have a trip booked! I work from home and hence I am on my computer most of the school hours of the day. However, every hour or so, I find myself opening a new window to just have a quick check at the Aussie/Kiwi Disboards. Sometimes I try to do housework too so right now, work is quiet, and I decided to do a vacuum and floor mop. I got the vacuum out but then the phone rang. That distracted me so, when I got off the phone call, instead of going back to the vacuum, back I came to the computer to check the Disboards. So, I realise I have an addiction and figure it's time to come clean. Anyone else like me?
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
battymum
DIS Veteran

Yep, I hear ya!!

I am constantly checking in here -when I get bored at work - (which is a lot!! )

Then at home, when we are watching TV, I tend to sit there with my phone on the mobile app (like a teenager)- when there is not a lot of action on this section - sometimes I trawl through the community boards and often lurk on a totally irrelevent argument or TR.

We are planning a Japan trip, but there is little movement on that board - so I hang around here!

I actually miss the comaraderie that we built planning our 2011 trips - I'm finding it hard to get excited about Japan as I dont have anyone to share that build up with.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Yep, I hear ya!!

II actually miss the comaraderie that we built planning our 2011 trips - I'm finding it hard to get excited about Japan as I dont have anyone to share that build up with.
That is exactly how I feel about our Hawaii trip. I know I should be excited and I'm sure I will be when I start packing closer to the trip etc but I really miss the fun we all had in the planning of our 2011 WDW trips together.

Thanks for replying Battymum - it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
tapdancer
Mouseketeer

If it wasn't for the disboards my trip last year would not of been the trip it was. These boards are so valuable for those on their first trip. I would of known nothing of Wishes Dessert Party, ADRs and Photopass without these boards.

It did add to my depression though when I got home looking at everyones future plans, but now I'm planning my next trip and the boards are proving valuable once again.

I love reading through everyones trip reports and now that we have added New York to our plans I've been back through Ms Shuttergirl's Trip Report to get ideas.

September 2011- WDW Beach Club
22 September 2013-8 October 2013 - New York Doubletree Guest Suites Time Square and WDW POR
tapdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

i too am an addict. we have a trip tentatively planned for 2013 and i've already started a countdown thread just to help generate interest

i haven't even got a job right now so i spend 9 or 10 hours (sometimes more) glued to my computer reading posts, checking out the different forums, reading TRs, researching ADRs etc.

my carpet could be vacuumed more frequently, and sure there is laundry that could be folded instead of being in a bit of a pile, but ... this is more important, right??

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Addict here. And now with the iPhone app it's become worse! No trip exactly being planned but I like to plan 'potential' trips and hope that they happen Doesn't help when all your friends don't get the 'Disney' thing, are much more interested in drinking and partying and as such, don't want to go to America because you cannot do those things until you are 21. Reading TR and whatnot makes me feel much happier! At least everyone here is so like-minded!
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Travelmum i hope you didn't want help with your addiction i don't think you will get it around here just encouragement to plan plan and plan

I have been home a week and still have suitcases to be unpacked dirty windows from being away so long and unmowed lawns(it has been raining all week) and here i am reading the disboards and trying to calculate how i am going to fit in a trip next year with going to NZ and paying for our 2015 trip Weve got points to use now cant let them go to waste
DH wont be home for a week so ive got 6 days to have the house in order
Old 09-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #8
Andona
Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

On yeah! I'm sitting in my hotel room in New Orleans and what am I doing?.....checking into the DIS of course...

At least I know that when I get back I can live vicariously through other peoples trip planning because it will be quite a while before I'll be planning another one!

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
2005: DL - 3/50 states | 2007- UK & Paris | 2008: WDW - 14/50 states| 2009: DL - 18/50 States | 2011 European roadtrip - ANZAC day in France | 2012: USA Coast to Coast Roadtrip! 25/50 states Read my TR|2013 Italy

Dec 2014 Hawaii Here We Come!

Aug 2015 Pacific Northwest Roadtrip finishing up in DL. Yay!
Andona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi

( stands up and addresses the group )

"My name is Sue and I am a DISboardsaholic"

I cannot help myself and find myself "in" the DISboards world multiple times a day. I do not know if there is any cure, in fact I am hoping there isn't

I don't know why I have a television any more, the garden is in need of repair ( wait, we have a garden???!!! ) and the vaccuum cleaner was last seen some time in 2010 after the last trip!!!!

I simply cannot do not without it and I think myself lucky that I am surrounded by such like minded, Disney loving individuals
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

I wasn't too bad before I got the app but now I fund myself checking while waiting for the school pick up, waiting in line at the supermarket, while waiting for the kettle to boil etc etc! It's so accessible

And with 37 days to go I know it's just going to get more frequent

Our first trip to WDW was November 2012 - Trip report at http://www.oztoworld.blogspot.com.au/
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
Ozdisneydreamin
Earning My Ears

Long time lurker and now addicted. I have started to post now I have the iPhone app. I'm waiting in a very long queue in the bank and checking jn lol.

We leave at the end of November :D
Ozdisneydreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
Franrose
DIS Veteran

I hear you too!!! Am away on holiday on the gold coast just for a night, but have managed to download the app and here I am!!! There's just too much good stuff :D

Franrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #13
ky71
Mouseketeer

Yep - I'll stand up and be counted too!

My DH thinks I'm unbearable when we don't have any Disney trips booked. I search twice sometimes three times daily through several Disney message boards "just looking".

We are going back to Paris Disney next year prior to our Disney Mediterranean Magic cruise (our very first one - 12nights) and I'm am eager to find out all about cruising and the various ports. I've even purchased DCL scrapbooks, page kits and heaps of scrapping stuff for each port excursion...I think I may be a compulsive Disney planner...
TDL-2010, June 2012
HKDL-2010, Oct 2012
DCL-2013

Upcoming trips

DD dancing at DLR in July 2014

WDW & cruise in Sept 2015

Shanghai DL 2016
ky71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #14
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

I'll put my hand up too!! I have the app as well - how easy does that make feeding the addiction..!!!
I come home from work and almost the first thing I do (after getting out of my uniform!) is switch on the computer and check the boards!! I don't know how I'll survive on the plane to LAX next week...!!!!!

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #15
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Another addict here as well. I check the boards first thing when I get up, and multiple times once I get home from work. Here is my favourite place to be. Such a cool group of Aussies/Kiwis on this forum
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: