Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Do you answer "unkown/private caller"???

Just out of sheer curiousity, how many of you pick up the phone when you see "private caller" on the call display? Normally I dont answer. Well, i'd say 99% of the time I dont answer. Cant tell you why, I feel as though the caller is trying to trick me into answering by not revealing who they are. Its rude!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
Mandychelle79
DIS Veteran

I have a block on my phone so they have to produce a number or the call will not come through.

If I do not know the name or number I do not answer.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandychelle79 View Post
I have a block on my phone so they have to produce a number or the call will not come through.

If I do not know the name or number I do not answer.
Very nice. I love that feature. Too bad its not available for cell phones. I dont have a home phone. (by choice).

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Kathryn Merteuil
Barden Bella

It doesn't happen too often, but I usually do. I just cannot resist finding out who is on the other end.
Kathryn Merteuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
Just out of sheer curiousity, how many of you pick up the phone when you see "private caller" on the call display? Normally I dont answer. Well, i'd say 99% of the time I dont answer. Cant tell you why, I feel as though the caller is trying to trick me into answering by not revealing who they are. Its rude!
I don't answer. I figure I can always call back if it's actually someone I need to speak with and they leave a message

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #6
karen l
DIS Veteran

No, I don't answer unknown/private calls anymore. On the do not call registry but that doesn't help so I only answer calls from numbers I know. If it's important, the caller can leave a message.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
low-key
DIS Veteran

I do when I am at work, cause all the formen numbers come up "private" and they often call me to see if I could swing by somewhere and pick up something
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
RadioNate
DIS Veteran

Nope. And 99% of the time they don't leave a message. If they leave a message, I can call them back.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

I don't answer if I don't know the caller except at work. My theory is that if the caller really wants to speak to me he/she will leave a message.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #10
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen l View Post
No, I don't answer unknown/private calls anymore. On the do not call registry but that doesn't help so I only answer calls from numbers I know. If it's important, the caller can leave a message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
I don't answer. I figure I can always call back if it's actually someone I need to speak with and they leave a message
Thats what i figure too. if its important, they'll leave a message or text me. Glad im not the only one!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Yes, I always do. Reason being, my friend goes to work at the crack of dawn and her husband's car is in the garage so it looks like no one is home when she leaves and the house is still dark because her husband and kid are still asleep. One morning a cell phone # they didn't know called her house at 4:30. Her husband answered, the person hung up. Her husband couldn't fall back asleep and googled the name, and saw it was someone who lived 2 streets away. He thought that was really odd because he didn't know them. Later in the day the police came to her house. They had arrested someone a few streets away breaking into a house that morning. He had a cell phone on him and it was the one that called my friends house. The robber had broken into a neighbor's car, stole the cell phone and then saw my friend leave for work. He looked up their # on the Internet and called the house to see if anyone was home. Since the husband answered, he moved on to a different house. So, moral of the story, always answer your phone.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

I don't have caller ID. But everyone in my family has a blocked number, so it would be a waste of time to pay for caller ID. I do screen calls on the answering machine, and everyone in my family knows that, and they know if they call and leave a message and I am home I will pick up.
My cellphone does have caller ID......but I don't give out that number, so if I get a call on it and a phone number is displayed, I know it is someone I don't know.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
Art 1
DIS Veteran

When the phone rings we answer it. I can't remember a time in my life when the phone wasn't answered. Now it's like a big mystery when the phone rings for so many, like a big game, like someone is out to get them.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

I didn't used to, but I always do now. My son is in the Navy and stationed on an aircraft carrier in Japan. He has a cell phone, but uses prepaid phone cards through the phone to call home when he is at his home port and when they are out at sea and arrive in another port. The caller ID says "unknown caller" and 99% of the time it's him.

Earlier this year, when SC was having its Republican presidential primary, we got up to 20 robo calls per day and a lot of them were from an "unknown caller" but I chanced that it was my son and answered them all. I was never so glad to see a primary get done in my life!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #15
Coconut36
DIS Veteran

Depends on the time of year. I work for the county during elections. Whey they call to recruit the number always comes through unknown name/unknown number. Outside of election years almost never.
Coconut36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: