Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Opinions please

Will I look completely silly in a black cocktail type dress at Shulas or blueZoo? I usually wear sundresses to dinner at Dis but felt like a little something more this trip. I know--I'll never see these people again so who cares--call me weak--I care!

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
cmesq61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
rudetreehill
Mouseketeer

Honestly? I love when people dress for dinner. I've done it often, and at restaurants much farther down the "fancy" scale than those! Look awesome... the heck with what people think! (If anything, they'll be looking at you and thinking, "Ohhh.... she must be someone!")

Richard/Tralfie
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

No, you will not look silly. You'll be on the high end of the guest attire spectrum, but good for you. Personally, I'd rather be overdressed than under. You won't be the only one in there that is dressed for a special occasion.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I agree. So nice to see someone else who actually wants to dress up for a lovely dinner at a fine restaurant. Knock their socks off!
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

Can we clone you?!!! I wish more people would dress up for the nice restaurants. You won't even be slightly out of place at bluezoo or Shula's.

My dinner date and I got very dressed up for V&A (she in a black cocktail dress and me in a black suit and tie) and a guest in the Grand Floridian lobby said, "Wow, I think I just saw you on TV." When quizzed, he thought we were a couple from the promo Disney Dining video that shows over and over on the in-room TVs.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
jazz0007
DIS Veteran

You will look beautiful.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygoplites View Post
Can we clone you?!!! I wish more people would dress up for the nice restaurants. You won't even be slightly out of place at bluezoo or Shula's.

My dinner date and I got very dressed up for V&A (she in a black cocktail dress and me in a black suit and tie) and a guest in the Grand Floridian lobby said, "Wow, I think I just saw you on TV." When quizzed, he thought we were a couple from the promo Disney Dining video that shows over and over on the in-room TVs.
LOL!!

Thank you all!! The nice thing about travelling now that the kids are off at college and not with us is that every night is date night on vacation!

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
Old 09-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61

LOL!!

Thank you all!! The nice thing about travelling now that the kids are off at college and not with us is that every night is date night on vacation!
Can I just say, with a 9 year old and twin 3 year olds..... I envy you. Not that I'm wishing my life away. It's just my date nights are few and far between. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Doc Goofy
Mouseketeer

You can never go wrong with the little black dress.
Doc Goofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Go for it - every gal deserves a night out in a little black dress!! You won't be out of place at all!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Stupid_Judy
Mouseketeer

I've seen many cocktail dresses in there, and people celebrating special occasions. You won't be out of place! Have fun!

Up next: POR!

ASmo, ASsp 2x, Pop 2x, BC 2x, BCV, BLT 2x, CR GW, Poly, WL, Swan & Dolphin 3x, CSR, AKL 2x, Kidani 2x...need to try the rest!
Stupid_Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesq61 View Post
Will I look completely silly in a black cocktail type dress at Shulas or blueZoo? I usually wear sundresses to dinner at Dis but felt like a little something more this trip. I know--I'll never see these people again so who cares--call me weak--I care!
That would be the normal way for a lady to dress at Shula's.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:17 AM   #13
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Can I just say, with a 9 year old and twin 3 year olds..... I envy you. Not that I'm wishing my life away. It's just my date nights are few and far between. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
I feel for you! if it's any consolation, even when they are physically gone and the couple can enjoy each other more, they will always need you and be with you. Yesterday, I had to calm one down cause she missed several classes due to an infected tooth requiring several dental appointments, and then my son broke his i phone (grrrr), so I spent time on the phone with him reaming him a new one--expensive item to break--and trying to figure out how to get him a phone. Today i will spend more time trekking to verizon--when i should be packing--to transfer his phone number to my old i phone 4, and then fed exing said phone to him! So you won't be bathing, feeding or dressing them, but you'll still be the mommy! but i can't lie--the date night phase is awesome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: