Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
ILoveDisney28
Earning My Ears
 
ILoveDisney28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22

Does anyone get laughed at for being a Disney nerd?

I get "made fun of" I guess you could say because I love Disney so much. I honestly don't care though because Disney is amazing and magical I was just wondering if anybody else got "made fun of" too?!
ILoveDisney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
niallsprincess
"Lets never lose sight of one thing; It all started with a mouse." ~Walt Disney
 
niallsprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 551 Miles from WDW
Posts: 3,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveDisney28 View Post
I get "made fun of" I guess you could say because I love Disney so much. I honestly don't care though because Disney is amazing and magical I was just wondering if anybody else got "made fun of" too?!
I used to have a 'best friend' and she was CONSTANTLY making fun of me for it. Not in a teasing way either. She's not my best friend anymore, because she couldn't handle my obsession. But, other than that, I've never got "made fun of" for LOVING Disney.
__________________
If you need me, I'll be in my own little world. Walt Disney World.
"Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye." ~Peter Pan
Dad Mom Brother Brother Me
Aspiring Artist.
I want you to want me this way, and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know, let me go...
And tomorrow's just a dream away...
niallsprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Orreed
Olivia
 
Orreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,501

When I came into High School, my goal was to not be known as the Disney obsessed girlNot that I mind, but it's annoying when people think I love Mickey and all I want to do is go to a kiddie park and ride Dumbo. Honestly I enjoy the parks because of the immersive environments. The amazing storytelling is incredible and the magic is fantastic. (Yes, I am a geek!) I like some Disney movies, but just as much as other people maybe even less because I am not a big movie watcher. And poor Mickey, I respect him and think he's cool but just because you love Disney Parks does not mean you ARE HIS NUMBER ONE FAN AND MUST LOVE AND HAVE EVERYTHING Mickey. I don't think I have ever been teased but some people think it's weird how much I love Disney Parks.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Experiment113
Mouseketeer
 
Experiment113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 342

I'm a little scared to be laughed at too. I don't have a best friend that's Disney crazy like I am. I live in Pittsburgh and it takes a lot of money to get to/go to Disney and I feel that it is kinda rude to be asking if people have been to Disney(I don't know if it is but it seems like it is). I have at least found a girl that has been to Disney but she is best friends with my enemy and spends all of her time with that enemy.

This is why I like teen disboards so much. Everyone is obsessed with Disney just like I am(the only problem is everyone talks about their upcoming trips and our next planned trip is in two years)

So any suggestions for me, too?
__________________
"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten"
Experiment113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,663

Im literally used to be referred to a the Disney queen at my high school because of the many facts I know. But I never thought of it as a bad thing, in fact I liked it. I enjoyed when people would tell me they were going to Disney and when people would ask me questions regarding anything having to do with Disney, I was almost always able to answer. I've never had to much trouble being made fun of just a few people who seem to think they are way cooler than me. Just remember this is a part of you, it's something we all love. You will find others who share this love, or at least accept it, never change who you are.
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Orreed
Olivia
 
Orreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113 View Post
I'm a little scared to be laughed at too. I don't have a best friend that's Disney crazy like I am. I live in Pittsburgh and it takes a lot of money to get to/go to Disney and I feel that it is kinda rude to be asking if people have been to Disney(I don't know if it is but it seems like it is). I have at least found a girl that has been to Disney but she is best friends with my enemy and spends all of her time with that enemy.

This is why I like teen disboards so much. Everyone is obsessed with Disney just like I am(the only problem is everyone talks about their upcoming trips and our next planned trip is in two years)

So any suggestions for me, too?

I have the same problem. I love Disney and am very knowledgeable but have not gone since 2010 and I am luckily going in 2013. I feel like it's hard because most people on here go at least daily. My suggestion is to help me I always am reading Disney blogs and Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Im literally used to be referred to a the Disney queen at my high school because of the many facts I know. But I never thought of it as a bad thing, in fact I liked it. I enjoyed when people would tell me they were going to Disney and when people would ask me questions regarding anything having to do with Disney, I was almost always able to answer. I've never had to much trouble being made fun of just a few people who seem to think they are way cooler than me. Just remember this is a part of you, it's something we all love. You will find others who share this love, or at least accept it, never change who you are.
I wish I could be as confident as you in my love for Disney! I guess I'm confident in what I like, but when people assume I love things I don't which embarrass me holding me back from showing my passion towards the parks and Walt.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
 
disneygirl520's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 20,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
I wish I could be as confident as you in my love for Disney! I guess I'm confident in what I like, but when people assume I love things I don't which embarrass me holding me back from showing my passion towards the parks and Walt.
I don't really have that problem since i am pretty much "obsessed" with every aspect of Disney from watching documentaries on Walt Disney to watching classic Disney movies. I am in college and my backpack has Mickey Mouse heads on it (drawn in with a sharpie). I guess I am one of "those people". But don't hold back your love of anything Disney even if it is just the parks and Walt, that's still part of who you are.
__________________
Heather
I will never stop believing in Disney magic.
disneygirl520 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Orreed
Olivia
 
Orreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
I don't really have that problem since i am pretty much "obsessed" with every aspect of Disney from watching documentaries on Walt Disney to watching classic Disney movies. I am in college and my backpack has Mickey Mouse heads on it (drawn in with a sharpie). I guess I am one of "those people". But don't hold back your love of anything Disney even if it is just the parks and Walt, that's still part of who you are.
Gotcha that's that's cool if you are! Nothing wrong with loving it all. Just not my interest right now.
Orreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
ILoveDisney28
Earning My Ears
 
ILoveDisney28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113
I'm a little scared to be laughed at too. I don't have a best friend that's Disney crazy like I am. I live in Pittsburgh and it takes a lot of money to get to/go to Disney and I feel that it is kinda rude to be asking if people have been to Disney(I don't know if it is but it seems like it is). I have at least found a girl that has been to Disney but she is best friends with my enemy and spends all of her time with that enemy.

This is why I like teen disboards so much. Everyone is obsessed with Disney just like I am(the only problem is everyone talks about their upcoming trips and our next planned trip is in two years)

So any suggestions for me, too?

It's like the exact same here. I'm from Missouri and it costs a bunch too.. I have been 13 times now. But half of those times were for my dads business trips so we went down there with him and just went to Disney World. But people don't understand that and sometimes bash on me for how many times I've went. Do I care? Not really. If anyone ever has questions about ANYTHING relating to Disney, I'm the first girl they go to. Haha
ILoveDisney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,877

Most people don't know I love Disney. But I think it is a good thing to be obsessed over and I just love it so much! Everyone has their obsessions. I would say a Disney obsession is better than my brother's Call of Duty obsession any day!

It sucks that I don't really have anyone to talk about Disney to incessently (spelling?) except for on the DISboards. My parents think I am a loser or something for loving Disney I feel sometimes. But I just think it is awesome! And Walt Disney's story is inspiring too!

My schoolbag has Mickey Mouse on it. It also has 'I <3 MM' all over it. People don't even assume that stands for Mickey Mouse... because they know it is my initials first- 'Megan Murray'.

Does anyone here do the lime green Mickeys? I am thinking about doing one and I hope you all do too so I can recognize you in the parks!!! That would be awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113 View Post
I'm a little scared to be laughed at too. I don't have a best friend that's Disney crazy like I am. I live in Pittsburgh and it takes a lot of money to get to/go to Disney and I feel that it is kinda rude to be asking if people have been to Disney(I don't know if it is but it seems like it is). I have at least found a girl that has been to Disney but she is best friends with my enemy and spends all of her time with that enemy.

This is why I like teen disboards so much. Everyone is obsessed with Disney just like I am(the only problem is everyone talks about their upcoming trips and our next planned trip is in two years)

So any suggestions for me, too?
You just stay on the DIS, I love to talk to other Disney lovers who are actually around my age.

I don't think you'd really be laughed at... well maybe a little but in some ways Disney can be 'cool' (the more vintage products I guess.)

Don't worry, I know what you feel like, I have been waiting 2 years for my trip too. (Now its just almost reached the 1 year mark.) It is always so depressing when people have tickers saying '2 months till I get to the world!' and then go like once or twice a year. It is a big struggle for us to go every 2 years.

I suppose I am jealous of Americans who can drive to WDW and pay for no flights. We have to fly over from Europe and get ripped off pricewise

When are you going to WDW?
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
Experiment113
Mouseketeer
 
Experiment113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth
Most people don't know I love Disney. But I think it is a good thing to be obsessed over and I just love it so much! Everyone has their obsessions. I would say a Disney obsession is better than my brother's Call of Duty obsession any day!

It sucks that I don't really have anyone to talk about Disney to incessently (spelling?) except for on the DISboards. My parents think I am a loser or something for loving Disney I feel sometimes. But I just think it is awesome! And Walt Disney's story is inspiring too!

My schoolbag has Mickey Mouse on it. It also has 'I <3 MM' all over it. People don't even assume that stands for Mickey Mouse... because they know it is my initials first- 'Megan Murray'.

Does anyone here do the lime green Mickeys? I am thinking about doing one and I hope you all do too so I can recognize you in the parks!!! That would be awesome!!!

You just stay on the DIS, I love to talk to other Disney lovers who are actually around my age.

I don't think you'd really be laughed at... well maybe a little but in some ways Disney can be 'cool' (the more vintage products I guess.)

Don't worry, I know what you feel like, I have been waiting 2 years for my trip too. (Now its just almost reached the 1 year mark.) It is always so depressing when people have tickers saying '2 months till I get to the world!' and then go like once or twice a year. It is a big struggle for us to go every 2 years.

I suppose I am jealous of Americans who can drive to WDW and pay for no flights. We have to fly over from Europe and get ripped off pricewise

When are you going to WDW?
Wow ur from Europe? We live in the US. Its cool that technology allows us to talk! Sorry anyway . . . Sorry but we drive to Disney but my cousins(also from US) flew down during their trip and know its still expensive.

Probably we will go sometime In August 2014. By that time hopefully the New Fantasyland expansion will be complete and I will finally be able to experience it!
__________________
"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten"
Experiment113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #12
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113

Wow ur from Europe? We live in the US. Its cool that technology allows us to talk! Sorry anyway . . . Sorry but we drive to Disney but my cousins(also from US) flew down during their trip and know its still expensive.

Probably we will go sometime In August 2014. By that time hopefully the New Fantasyland expansion will be complete and I will finally be able to experience it!
Ikr! It feels really weird talking to someone on another continent from me! It's 10pm here... And 5pm where you are? Hmmm. Lol.

How far do you have to drive? I guess the actual Disney part is still pretty expensive... I know America is huge so in some cases it could take days. England is tiny so we don't have tht problem but it's so far away from the most magical place on earth

That's great! I love august at Disney! Hang in there, time flies! I can't wait to try out Be Our Guest- I love beauty and the beast.
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
Experiment113
Mouseketeer
 
Experiment113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
Ikr! It feels really weird talking to someone on another continent from me! It's 10pm here... And 5pm where you are? Hmmm. Lol.

How far do you have to drive? I guess the actual Disney part is still pretty expensive... I know America is huge so in some cases it could take days. England is tiny so we don't have tht problem but it's so far away from the most magical place on earth

That's great! I love august at Disney! Hang in there, time flies! I can't wait to try out Be Our Guest- I love beauty and the beast.
It takes us 2 days to drive down (from Pittsburgh PA). Ya I can't wait for Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern, Storytime with Belle(even though it looks like its more for little kids), Ariel's Undersea Adventure, and anything else that's new!!! Im so excited!!!
Experiment113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...
 
meggiebeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 1,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experiment113

It takes us 2 days to drive down (from Pittsburgh PA). Ya I can't wait for Be Our Guest, Gaston's Tavern, Storytime with Belle(even though it looks like its more for little kids), Ariel's Undersea Adventure, and anything else that's new!!! Im so excited!!!
Yeah, Disney posted a video on YouTube of storytime with belle and it looks really neat! I don't know much about the Ariel part though and I'm kinda annoyed that the seven dwarfs mine train isn't out till 2014! Why are they leaving it that long? Your so lucky, you'll get to see it!

Edited to add: I love Pennsylvania! I always say if we move to the US that is where I wanna live. The weather is so nice!
__________________
Dad Mum Meg (17) William (15) Rory (9) Oscar (4)

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~



meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
ILoveDisney28
Earning My Ears
 
ILoveDisney28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth
Most people don't know I love Disney. But I think it is a good thing to be obsessed over and I just love it so much! Everyone has their obsessions. I would say a Disney obsession is better than my brother's Call of Duty obsession any day!

It sucks that I don't really have anyone to talk about Disney to incessently (spelling?) except for on the DISboards. My parents think I am a loser or something for loving Disney I feel sometimes. But I just think it is awesome! And Walt Disney's story is inspiring too!

My schoolbag has Mickey Mouse on it. It also has 'I <3 MM' all over it. People don't even assume that stands for Mickey Mouse... because they know it is my initials first- 'Megan Murray'.

Does anyone here do the lime green Mickeys? I am thinking about doing one and I hope you all do too so I can recognize you in the parks!!! That would be awesome!!!

You just stay on the DIS, I love to talk to other Disney lovers who are actually around my age.

I don't think you'd really be laughed at... well maybe a little but in some ways Disney can be 'cool' (the more vintage products I guess.)

Don't worry, I know what you feel like, I have been waiting 2 years for my trip too. (Now its just almost reached the 1 year mark.) It is always so depressing when people have tickers saying '2 months till I get to the world!' and then go like once or twice a year. It is a big struggle for us to go every 2 years.

I suppose I am jealous of Americans who can drive to WDW and pay for no flights. We have to fly over from Europe and get ripped off pricewise

When are you going to WDW?
What is the lime green Mickeys?
ILoveDisney28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.