Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
New Steph
Earning My Ears

Help for a DLP Newbie Please?

Hello. I have just booked our first ever trip to DLP for 21 to 24/12 for me, my husband & our daughter who will turn 5 on 19/12 & are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We arrive at around 5pm on 21/12 and leave about lunchtime on Christmas Eve. I have been immersed in this amazing forum ever since, and have hit information meltdown!

So, can I ask for help from the community? What would you recommend as unmissable - particularly considering my daughter's age as this trip will be all about her? One thing or 3 days worth, any suggestion is more than welcome. I fear I will become paralysed by my obsessive researching and miss something really, really obvious.

Know this a cheeky ask from a new girl, but I hope someone/people can help.

So excited!!!!!
New Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Hi, how exciting for you to be going at Christmas time!
The first thing i'd recommend is the Princess Pavilion. Not sure if you've heard of this yet, but it's a meet and greet just opposite Dumbo the Flying Elephant. You don't know which princess you'll meet, as there are three there at once and everyone is in the same queue and just gets sent to a princess. However, the queues for this get sooooo long - in excess of 90 minutes. Because of this, it might be an idea to start queuing even before it opens (if your little girl is into princesses.)
Thinking about it, you're probably going to be in Fantasy Land quite a lot! Teacups, Dumbo, It's a Small World and Peter Pan's Flight are all fantastic.(Make sure you do Teacups, Dumbo and Peter Pan in Extra Magic Hours. It'll save you a lot of queuing!)
Because it'll be cold, Animagique in the Studio park might be a nice chance to have a sit down and warm up.
Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast in Discoveryland is another inside ride, and it's fun to see all the characters dotted around whilst trying to defeat Emperor Zorg!
I hope you have a great time...I went at the start of September and can't wait to go again!
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
New Steph
Earning My Ears

Thanks Christieand, all great advice. VERY into princesses so will check opening times and get there good and early. Thanks again!
New Steph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: