Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

VA sale and how else can I spend miles

Well as you all know VA hv kindly sent me vouchers for m+m flight I booked and there remorse for being unsympathetic and poor customer service. Well today I was going to book but was told cant use any of my 19042 miles its full cost only as I hv vouchersI give upAnyway my question is as my aim is to go april 10th the full price is £547. Does anyone know if a sale is cmg up at all? Availibility is good on both flights apparently so dont know whether to hold off for a bit.
Also what else can I use my miles for?perhaps something for the holiday?
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm not too sure BUT when I first was getting quotes from a TA I've used in the past she told me to try hold on until end of Sept/early Oct if we were booking VA as thats when their flights for Spring (we're going early May) go on sale! I've been keeping an eye. Great prices with BA up to midnight tonight but nothing with VA yet. If I hear anything else I'll be sure to let you know

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post
I'm not too sure BUT when I first was getting quotes from a TA I've used in the past she told me to try hold on until end of Sept/early Oct if we were booking VA as thats when their flights for Spring (we're going early May) go on sale! I've been keeping an eye. Great prices with BA up to midnight tonight but nothing with VA yet. If I hear anything else I'll be sure to let you know
Thankyou. Im also checking im sure someone will put when a sales on. Now i just need to know what I can spend the miles on.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

It might be me but I don't think £547 is a bad price at all. I would go with it and just use your vouchers. As far as your miles are concerned, you can use them for all sorts other than flights. And they don't expire for two years so, if you get close to the date they expire, you could always just purchase the minimum number of miles, which will then extend the validity of them for a further two years.

You can use your miles on a whole realm of other things (just check out the 'Spend miles' page on the VA website), including days out and leisure but 19000 miles won't get you very far. Obviously, when you have taken your next flights in April, you will have miles from those and they will then be valid for a further 2 years from your return flight date so no hurry.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #5
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Thanks wilma. The flight price is ok but i just wondered if a sale was due. I am going to book this week regardless. Im in no rush to spend the miles just annoyed cus i cant use them with the vouchers.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

You can use your Virgin miles to get a Virgin Voucher. You can use from 12500 miles for a virgin voucher but I'm not sure how much vouchers you get for that.

The virgin voucher can be used for a range of things including days out

I've never done it so not sure what its like but worth a look. Details are on the flying club pages
Old 09-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Wish i had booked now gone up £115 each since tuesday. DOH! Gotta wait now as dont have enough. Will just keep checking as I know how they change daily
Old 09-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Trevski220
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbie1
Wish i had booked now gone up £115 each since tuesday. DOH! Gotta wait now as dont have enough. Will just keep checking as I know how they change daily
Unfortunately there was a sale which covered your dates the sale ended on Tuesday this week at midnight. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Last edited by Trevski220; 09-27-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Trevski220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Laurafoster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevski220

Unfortunately there was a sale which covered your dates the sale ended on Tuesday this week at midnight. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
I wouldn't worry too much, VA have several sales and we have missed out on dates before and then they have been included in other sales

Not sure if its consistent but they have had sales on Xmas day previously too.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Well Im in no rush and will watch. Hv dropped £45 since this afternoon. Never mind.thanks laura. X
Old 09-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Checked with Tour America online earlier round 6pm and flights DUB-LGW-MCO are still at their sale price whereas when I checked on Wednesday they were gone altogether and on Thursday they were €700 pp. Now they're €516 pp! Big difference! Is there a UK version of Tour America? Be worth a look if there is!

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: