Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

A Few Questions- ADH and MK Shoot

I know I should know the answers to these questions... but you guys are awesome and quick to respond, so I thought I'd post them here.

I know ADH you have to use Disney decorations. I have heard in the past that you can sometimes pass some centerpieces off as "favors" and therefore can save some money by doing that instead. Is this true? Would Disney set them up (obviously if you paid them).

About the MK photoshoot... I know if you're NOT having DPS, then you only get to schedule 45 days in advance. Let's say you're having an outside photographer but DPS for a dessert party... when do you get to schedule your MK photoshoot?

Thanks guys! You rock! (PS I have the book )
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

I can't answer anything about the Magic Kingdom stuff because we aren't doing one.

As far as Atlantic Dance Hall...I know you can bring in your own favors...I don't know if there are limitations on what those can be. We are having coozies as our general wedding favors...they'll just be set up near the guestbook / gift table. We chose not to have any table decorations for our reception at Atlantic Dance Hall...I just really love how the tables look bare (without linens) and the tables are fairly small...so I really didn't want to add anything to them. My bridesmaids and I will be setting our bouquets on the head table...so that'll give a little decoration.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Lyndsay... are you adding tables are just using the 4 tops around?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

We are using Disney for dessert party and rehearsal dinner photography and couldn't schedule our MK shoot until 45 days out

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Direct from Dara:

Standard booking time for Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session is 45 days prior to wedding date. As part of our Disney Advantage, couples purchasing a Disney Fine Art Photography Wedding package (Escape/ Memories wedding package or Wishes wedding packages; Enchanted Rose, Dreams or Romance) have the exclusive opportunity of booking this limited availability portrait experience early upon signing their Fairy Tale Wedding Contract

... so it looks like no, you can't just use them for a dessert party and get the early booking - probably for this very reason, since i'm guessing a lot of people would go this route as an alternative to using DPS for the whole event.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb187143 View Post
Direct from Dara:

Standard booking time for Magic Kingdom Bridal Portrait Session is 45 days prior to wedding date. As part of our Disney Advantage, couples purchasing a Disney Fine Art Photography Wedding package (Escape/ Memories wedding package or Wishes wedding packages; Enchanted Rose, Dreams or Romance) have the exclusive opportunity of booking this limited availability portrait experience early upon signing their Fairy Tale Wedding Contract

... so it looks like no, you can't just use them for a dessert party and get the early booking - probably for this very reason, since i'm guessing a lot of people would go this route as an alternative to using DPS for the whole event.
Thanks for the reply! I have 2 (maybe 3) days to choose from, so hopefully it will all work out!!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy

Thanks for the reply! I have 2 (maybe 3) days to choose from, so hopefully it will all work out!!
I really stressed about it but our 45 day mark just passed and we were able to get it on a weekend without issue (our wedding is during the blackout though so we had to schedule it for January).

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
I really stressed about it but our 45 day mark just passed and we were able to get it on a weekend without issue (our wedding is during the blackout though so we had to schedule it for January).
We are in the same boat about the 45 day rule. I was thinking since our weddingbis December 8, that we would aim for February sometime for the MK/Epcot photoshoot. I was worried about how booked they would be... So that's good news that you got in even on a weekend! How does the payment work for the photo shoot 45 days out? Is the whole cost due when booking? I would assume since it would be so close.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
Thanks, Lyndsay... are you adding tables are just using the 4 tops around?
I think we're just using the existing tables. We talked about adding four round tables on the dance floor (two on each side) for family...but nixed that because we would likely have to choose which family members to sit down there rather than having enough seating for everyone.
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: