Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
msbagley
Mouseketeer

Coffee Maker at the Disneyland Hotel?

Ok- I know there's a coffee maker there, but we did a tour and it was some type of one serving maker. Can anyone tell me what kind it was? I don't think it was Keurig, was it Tassimo? Thanks a lot!!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

It's just a simple one or two cup brewer. Has ground coffee in bags, most people will say it's horrible, but when I just wake up before a long day at DLR, it works for me! Definitely not a keurig or tassimo unless they recently replaced them. They have better brewed coffee down at the coffee shop (which is always busy early AM) or Tangaroa Terrace, which actually isn't that bad and has tea and hot cocoa as well.
nicolispicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
msbagley
Mouseketeer

thanks! There's a coffee shop at the DLH?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

Something like that, connected to the hotel, a small coffee shop that makes more than just brewed coffee. I actually found a menu for them on allears, coffee drinks, pastries, fruit, etc. I would definitely suggest Tangaroa. They are right in the center and have full breakfast for very reasonable prices. It works on a touchscreen order and you can get it to go back to the room. They have great service and much cheaper than eating the park. I would often get ready early, go down and grab food and coffee and everyone could munch while getting ready. Made for much happier mornings

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_cof.htm
nicolispicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
msbagley
Mouseketeer

WOW- Thank you- this is our first time staying at the DLH, we've stayed at the GC and PPH, so thought it was time to try DLH! Thanks again!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
katejc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
Something like that, connected to the hotel, a small coffee shop that makes more than just brewed coffee. I actually found a menu for them on allears, coffee drinks, pastries, fruit, etc. I would definitely suggest Tangaroa. They are right in the center and have full breakfast for very reasonable prices. It works on a touchscreen order and you can get it to go back to the room. They have great service and much cheaper than eating the park. I would often get ready early, go down and grab food and coffee and everyone could munch while getting ready. Made for much happier mornings

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_cof.htm
Thanks for sharing about the breakfast options for DLH. We are staying there in December and were wondering about how to get breakfast before going into the parks. Do you remember how early they opened, at the coffee shop and at Tangaroa Terrace?
Thanks!!
katejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolispicoli View Post
Something like that, connected to the hotel, a small coffee shop that makes more than just brewed coffee.
Yes, the coffee shop at DLH hotel is right near Goofy's Kitchen and is accessible from the outside of the building, near the pool. It's just called the Coffee House. We've gotten iced coffee drinks there and were happy enough with the fresh ground coffee they have - much, much better than Nestle in the parks.

Depending on which building you are in, it may or may not be closer than Tangaroa Terrace. But everything is pretty easy to get to around the pool area at DLH. They aren't very fast at the coffee shop if there is a line in the am.

Do you know Starbuck's is in the DCA park now? Fidler, Fifer and Practical Cafe on Buena Vista Street in DCA park.

Last edited by Rhonna; 09-26-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: