Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #16
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

To us no and base on what you wrote, I think you will be fine with Value. We stayed at Animal Kingdon Lodge for the first time one night this past trip and although I loved it and would spend the money again for a day, I wouldn't spend the money to stay there if I was going to the park.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
Jetta8300
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJMomma View Post
I am planning our next trip to WDW and pondering this question. We can swing a deluxe for the first time; we have stayed at mods before (CSR and Ft Wilderness cabin) and a value (pop). I am looking for a place with a food court for us to have b'fast at, and a decent pool with a slide. We tend to spend most of our time out of the room, and I wonder are the deluxes so terrific, so awesome, so much better? Never having stayed at one, I don't know. I am tempted by the ease of a monorail hotel, but feel its a bit wasteful to spend so much for a room that most of time there will be with my eyes closed! I don't mind the buses to a degree, but had long waits at Pop that we don't wish to repeat. CSR buses were fine except for the dreaded resort to resort hop. Any input is most welcome
If I were you, I would try the deluxe once since you are able and see if it's worth it! We personally have stayed at the Contemporary, and Coronado Springs, and actually liked CSR better. We do not think the deluxes are worth the money. We don't spend much time at the resort, and we also have a car with us and don't worry about busses.

My husband and I both spend a lot of time in hotel rooms for both of our jobs, and to us, as long as its nice, a hotel is a hotel, and we spend our time everywhere else. mWe loved the feel of a LARGE resort like CSR, it feels more like a vacation to us, so this next time we are trying POR! We would not prefer a value due to the double bed situation, but never say never!

We were not at all impressed with the quick service food choices at the CR, and all other deluxes we have visited. They all have touch screens with a very limited menu, or a sit down restaurant (s). We Like the CSR food court much better, or just grabbing something to go quickly from Cafe Rix.

Last edited by Jetta8300; 09-25-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Jetta8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

I say go for it... Try it you might just like it...

We're deluxe people, we feel we're worth the splurge once or twice a year... We do spend a lot of time at the resort.. Our stays are 9-12 nights, we get plenty of park time in and enjoy the resort the majority of the trip! We don't waste outport on the big ticketed resorts but prefer the MK area the most do WL appeals the most to us, deluxe without the huge price, about the same rate as AKL but not out in no man land ...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Man, it's such an individual thing. Our first trip Jan 2000 we still had the two (getting older) kids and stayed at the Disney Institute Bungalows, took the bus everywhere, didn't know any better, and loved every minute of it.

Since then no kids, and after seeing the Epoct resorts we've stayed at BC ever since for one reason only: location. Since we love WS, the ability to walk there, BW, even S&D for a few minutes... any time we want!... is the only thing that makes the price worthwhile. Oh, and catching the easy and fun boat ride to HS, well, it makes it like topping on the cake.

Yep, Beach Club is a beautiful resort for sure but we stay there for the location. I've said this before, but the best way to explain it is that if Disney replaced the BC with a moderate, or value..All Star-whatever, even a Motel 6...hey for a third the price we'd not only come without hesitation, we'd come more often.

Regardless of what you choose I know you'll have magical time!
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
NJMomma
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I think we are going to go for it and try BC After all, you only live once!
Old 09-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
2manypets
DIS Veteran

With the BC, you'll have the SAB. It may entice you to spend more time at the resort. You can't beat the short walk to Epcot either! I think you've made a great decision.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #22
bnk1120
Forget filet and champagne. Give me chicken wings and beer!

Once we tried deluxe it was too hard to go back!! I hate to say I will ONLY stay deluxe now. The BC club is amazing. The walk to Epcot, the pool, the whole feeling there- I just love it! You will have a great time!

Counting down to February!

Aulani in August 2015
bnk1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #23
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Congrats, we love BC. Their CS is quite adequate for a breakfast, and Hurricane Hannah's by the pool has good burgers.
Staying at a deluxe, I would advise to take some time to enjoy the resort. We like to have a mid day pool break.
If you are only going to be there to sleep, you'll be missing out on enjoying the resort, and area, and may as well be at Pop.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: